March 28, 2024, 10:14:21 AM

Author Topic: INternational friendly  (Read 2087 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
INternational friendly
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
sweden vs france 1:1

aye ah didnt know all them games(33) was going on today,normally ah jus glimpse at the board and i know what taking place. like men still captivated by bolt's performance
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:36:11 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: INternational friendly
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
france keeper mondonda pulling off some descent saves, cat like reflexes.  very few highly rated black goal keppers
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
england down to Czech Rep right now 0-1 at home in england
well as i speak they equalize thru brown on a becks corner
Back in Trini...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »
and Czech back on top with a beauty of a freekick
Back in Trini...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 02:16:15 PM »
i find the quality of these int'l friendlies real drop.

man saving duhself for the big leagues on the weekends.

club football ruling the world right now IMHO.

70'
Lampard runs into Barry in the middle of the park. Capello is really annoyed, England look like they've never played together before.
58'
ENGLAND SUBS: Gerrard and Ferdinand off for Joe Cole and Woodgate. Hmmm. Why Terry and Lampard staying on the pitch? They've been poor. Punishment?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:31:11 PM by Andre »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »
England look horrible!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
74'
Another poor delivery from Beckham, low and weak and eaily cleared.

give the man a musical!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
I see Silvestre just sign for Arsenal...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
I see Silvestre just sign for Arsenal...

1 more Frenchy

Silvestre seals Gunners move

Mikael Silvestre has completed a transfer to Arsenal for an undisclosed fee, bringing down the curtain on a nine-year Manchester United career.

The French defender, who joined from Internazionale in September 1999, made 361 appearances for the Reds, scoring 10 goals and winning 10 major honours.

Speaking after Silvestre had completed the formalities of his move, Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com: “Mikael was a great servant and a wonderful professional. We wish him all the best at his new club and thank him for his service.”

Silvestre performed in the centre or left side of defence for the Reds, but was hit by serious back-to-back injuries in his United career, suffering a dislocated shoulder and cruciate knee ligament damage in 2007.

With Patrice Evra established as United’s first-choice left back, and the central partnership of Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand seemingly set in stone, Mikael was unlikely to find regular first team football at Old Trafford this season.

Arsenal have swooped to add Silvestre’s international experience to their backline, and the popular Frenchman joins compatriots William Gallas, Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Abou Diaby, Armand Traore and Samir Nasri at the Emirates Stadium.

Mikael has penned a two-year deal and will wear the number 18 shirt for the Gunners.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6616495

Good luck Mikael... Obviously I hope you never lift a trophy there but thanks for the contribution over the last 9 years

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »
Silvestre is one of the most teachable players I ever see. That man used to be real shaky, especially with Inter. He improved every year in the United  structure and always had a good work ethic.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »
Not a bad buy good cover for Gallas, Toure and Clichy.

He has become the first player to be sold to the Gunners by United since Brian Kidd in 1974.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:42:52 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »

He has become the first player to be sold to the Gunners by United since Brian Kidd in 1974.

push senderos futher down de peckin order
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »
Silvestre aka the Trojan horse from United.

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 06:28:31 AM »

Moonhead was always a liability for us. His natural position was at centre back and it comes as no surprise that his best season for United was in 2002/03 when he was moved there to partner Rio. At left-back he's generally shit, always leaving a lot of space in front of him for wingers to exploit. He'll provide decent cover, but he can be a real liability. I mean, come on...he  once lost his place to John O'Shea for a spell...

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:13 AM »
England look horrible!!!

I don't think the problem is with the management. Because no matter how many times you change the backroom staff, the performances stay the same which means its the players. These same players produce the goods week in, week out in the Prem but just don't do it for their country and I think a lot of it is down to club rivalries and disharmony.

Its not ab out technique or not knowing what to do with the ball, they've shown that they can do it as well as anyone in the league, the problem seems to be something else. Defensively, I think England are ok, its the midfield that is the real problem. Lampard has had his day at this level, I think if Carrick had been fit then he would have been in there instead. I like Carrick, he's composed on the ball and uses it brilliantly. and should be playing regularly. He has his detractors but people don't realise the amount of work he puts in at United. He is efficient, his passing is superb and a good reader of the game. He has a pass for every situation. If it needs to be played short, he'll play it short, if it needs to be hit long, he'll hit it long and so on. Compare that to Gerrard. Gerrard has this mentality that if he doesn't hit a 60 yard Hollywood pass, then he's not ding his job. The only problem is that a lot of these passes fly into the stands or go straight to the opposition.

1]; } ?>