March 29, 2024, 02:03:46 AM

Poll

Do you think T&T could have won vs GUA without Russell Latapy.

Yes
8 (9.9%)
No
49 (60.5%)
Possible
24 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: T&T vs Costa Rica Thread.  (Read 43831 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T vs Costa Rica Thread.
« on: September 04, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the game vs Costa Rica will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at;

1. SW Online Forum.

2. SW Online Live Chat.

3. Fifaworldcup.com.

4. Homeviewtnt/CT105fm.

Current Standings.
Standings.

TV Schedule in the U.S. (Delayed).

Sat Sep 10 11:00AM Pacific
Sat Sep 10 12:00PM Mountain
Sat Sep 10 01:00PM Central
Sat Sep 10 02:00PM Eastern
Telemundo - EAST FEED - Eastern/Central
World Cup Qualifying - CONCACAF/Eliminatoria CONCACAF
Costa Rica vs Trinidad.

More Updates To Follow.
‘Warriors’ say Thank You T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Still basking in their 3-2 victory over Guatemala on Saturday evening, Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers took the opportunity on Sunday to extend  gratitude to the local public and other well wishers for their support before, during and after the pulsating affair at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
A proud captain Dwight Yorke said it was undoubtedly one of the more touching moments for him when he experienced the backing of the fans following the victory.
“We must say a special thanks to the fans for coming out in all their numbers and portraying the red, white and black and giving that extra force in what was obviously a crucial victory for us,” Yorke said.
Team manager Bruce Aanensen said it was a fact that the support did reach through to the team members who felt they could only repay the fans with such a fighting performance, one down to the wire as it turned out.
“The guys have always mentioned the need for proper support and they got that on the day. There’s nothing more that we could have asked for and now the fans also have something to take home with them and to take on for the rest of the campaign because our aim is to crown this off by going all the way,” Aanensen told TTFF Media.
“It’s been an overwhelming feeling for everyone but we are back to work and will have to get it right again for Costa Rica on Wednesday.”
Double goalscoring hero Stern John admitted that he wasn’t pleased by the harsh criticism but he was happy that he rose to the occasion.
“I was really happy to hit the target again and it came when it mattered most. The fans have been on my back and it’s not something to feel good about but they still came out there and gave us that support which we needed and we give thanks to them for it. Hopefully it can continue and we can move even closer to qualifying now,” John said.
TTFF President Oliver Camps said it was truly one of the best matches he had experienced since the 1990 “Road to Italy” campaign.
“Everything about Saturday’s victory was something to relish. I cannot recall ever feeling this way since 1989 and I must say that we appreciate the support of the fans and others who contributed to the event and from a Federation standpoint we feel the same way about what coach Leo Beenhakker and his team produced out there.”
TTFF special advisor Jack Warner added too “The Journey to Germany has come alive and it will remain alive. The display was one of determination and passion and one can only be truly delighted to see what transpired on and off the pitch. It gave the people a sense of hope, the man in the street, the little children, those of all classes and race celebrated on Saturday and we all know what this can do for our country,” Warner said.
Following a light workout at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Sunday morning, Beenhakker and his team will now depart for San Jose, Costa Rica at 7am on Monday with there being one change to the squad from the Guatemala match. Wrexham defender Dennis Lawrence comes in for Avery John who is out of the match on two yellow cards while National Quarries North East Stars player Glenton Wolfe has been added to the roster as a 19th player.

Squad for Costa Rica

Kelvin Jack, Shaka Hislop, Ian Cox, Dennis Lawrence, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Silvio Spann, Brent Sancho, Marvin Andrews, Glenton Wolfe, Russell Latapy, Carlos Edwards, Dwight Yorke, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Densill Theobald, Stern John, Scott Sealy, Jason Scotland.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 11:30:03 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Costa Rica Thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »
i think we could get a draw at CR. they are not the powerhouse of the past while we a re improving day by day. after almost coming away with good results in MEX and USA, a point or more in CR is possible.

recommended formation: 5-4-1. start defensively.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 05:41:12 PM »
We actually did good vs USA. And we dont do bad on the road either, maybe a tie might be possible, but after the way the team play against Guatemala I feel we can pull off a win. I dont want to get to excited though or build my hopes up, so good luck to T&T ..anyway.

USA beat:

GUA (2-0) in the US.
CRC (3-0) in the US.
MEX (2-0) in the US.
TRI (1-0) in the US.
PAN (3-0) in PAN.

Only MEX and TRI managed to score on USA.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 05:51:11 PM »
we going to win 2-1
Stern and Latapy again.
btw whos the penalty taker?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline deenyce

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Costa Rica game tickets?
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 06:27:15 PM »
Members,

Where can one get tickets for the game this Wed in Costa Rica?  Not sure I'm going just yet but would like ticket info in advance.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »
       Leh meh see if ah could remember a Sunday school hymn from the days under the  Bynoe's house. Ok ok ah go call this one onward mighty Warriors place to the tune "Onward christian solider"  after all it's like Palm Sunday today; we all rejoicing.                          
          The Mighty Warriors

Onward, mighty Warriors, playing as to war,
   with the flag of TNT going on before.
   Latapy and Yorke the royal leaders, leads against the foe;
   forward into battle see our banners go!
Refrain:
   Onward, mighty Warriors soldiers, playing as to war,
   with the Flag of TNT going on before.

2.   At the sign of triumph all of Costa Rica will flee;
   on then, mighty Warriors, on to victory!
   Costa Rica’s foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
   Warriors, lift your game, play for victory.
   (Refrain)

3.   Like a mighty army moving;
   Warriors, we are treading where none have gone before.
   We are not divided, all one body we,
   one in hope and doctrine, one in resolute.
   (Refrain)

4.   Onward then, mighty Warriors, make a nation proud,
   blend with ours your play leading to a triumphant song.
   Glory, laud, and honor unto the Warriors,
   this through countless ages TNT will sing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 07:27:24 PM by AlbertaTrini »

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 08:05:48 PM »
alberta you is ah real glad man oui.

lol

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 11:49:28 PM »
ah see de goals on de spanish station, Latas goal was all he, he cut into de box from de right, ans place it wit he left foot down in de far corner, stern, nice too buh de last goal mashup de stadium stern control and volley....ohh gorshh ah wish ah was dey boy..... saw costa rica goals....dem men like to pelt ah set ah bullet from outside boy..de middle defense ha to wok hard wednesday, please doh play tall man, he too f**kin slow boy

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 05:12:23 AM »
wat time d game showin in TnT     channel 4 rite?
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 05:34:36 AM »
De game is for 8.. have not heard anything about it being on channel 4 yet.. Lets hope So.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 06:37:55 AM »
Channel 4 at 8.00

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 06:59:36 AM »
Possible Costa Rica team (3-5-2):

18 José Francisco Porras; 2 Jervis Drummond, 3 Luis Marín, 5 Gilberto Martínez; 16 Roy Miller, 8 Mauricio Solís, 10 Walter Centeno, 7 Christian Bolaños, 22 Jafet Soto; 11 Ronald Gómez, 20 Álvaro Saborío.

Possible Subs:

9 Paulo Wanchope, 21 Winston Parks, 6 Dany Fonseca,  4 Michael Umaña

Yellow vs Panama:

Cristian Bolanos
Roy Miller

Yellow vs Mexico:

Walter Centeno
Paulo Wanchope

Yellow vs Guatemala:

Mauricio Solis
Luis Marin

Yellow vs USA:

Stevens Bryce
Gilberto Martinez
Douglas Seqqeira (red)

Goal Scorers vs Panama:

Alvaro Saborio (43)
Walter Centeno (54)
Ronald Gomez (71)

Key Players:

Walter Centeno (Play maker #10)
Jafet Soto & Paulo Wanchope (Goal scorers & very talented)
Mauricio Wright (Talented and experienced)
Winston Parks, Mauricio Solís & Ronald Gomez (Capable goal scorers)
Luis Marin (Boss Defender).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 07:06:23 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »
If T&T was to beat Costa Rica,  and Guatemala lost, TNT will go straight to 3rd spot ...CR is not as good as everyone thinks.. If TNT play had ball like last game I see no reason why TNT cya beat Costa Rica...TNT have scored goals before in CR..CR fans  Hostile nuh rass But I feal sey TNT winning this game
2-1 ..A tie by TNT and a lost by Guatemala will put TNT 4th but TNT cannot look for forth spot TNT need fi try get the Third and it is reachable ..TNT beats CR and CR all of innah sudden loking at the forth spot and if Guatemala some how win there game CR wil be looking at the 5th spot.. I sey go for a victory .. People needs to understand dat Teams like Guatemala ..and CR is not superior to TNT...All out mi sey all out TNT but be precausious about it...
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline bada

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 11:33:39 AM »
Channel 4 at 8.00
Is this time confirmed? The official FIFA World Cup site has the game starting at 8pm CR time, though soccernet.com states that the game is on at 8pm TT time. Can anyone confirm

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
a little inspirtation
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 11:58:46 AM »
Back in 1989....TT scored two goals in CR only to have them disallowed and lose 1-0.

We can shock them.

Good luck fellas.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
    A draw is the most realistic for now, but if we play them like we did Mexico and do not give up any early goals or any dotish goals and we TAKE our chances then we can pull off a win, ONLY if we do that, if not, then a draw will be a big thing. We will regardless HAVE to beat Panama there to make it a lil more comfortable. We CANNOT expect another miracle against Mexico, so forget that match for now. Wish Jones was fit to replace John if he taking too long to settle!! Hope Latas eh have to do everything again. I was impressed by Scotland he played well and hit a nice shot too. Very glad that Lawrence coming back, we definitely need him I would say Sancho as right back and Andrews and Lawrence in middle maybe with Atiba Charles at left or somewhere in defense. Remember it was against CR at home that Atiba Charles played well and got picked good!!

We cannot afford to play our defense like on Saturday where we were VERY VERY lucky on the break aways by the Guatemalans I understand we were on all out attack but for Wednesday we will have to defend more. No more Avery John feeling he is Roberto Carlos and Edwards and Spann trying to be Cafu and taking turns. Spann plays good as right midfield linking up with Edwards and Birchie but Spann is NO right back defender as they played him on Saturday!

Good luck Warriors I no we can do it.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 12:59:39 PM »
We actually did good vs USA. And we dont do bad on the road either, maybe a tie might be possible, but after the way the team play against Guatemala I feel we can pull off a win. I dont want to get to excited though or build my hopes up, so good luck to T&T ..anyway.

USA beat:

GUA (2-0) in the US.
CRC (3-0) in the US.
MEX (2-0) in the US.
TRI (1-0) in the US.
PAN (3-0) in PAN.

Only MEX and TRI managed to score on USA.

We don't do bad on the road?..We have zero points on the road.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:02:27 PM by real madness »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 01:21:23 PM »
    A draw is the most realistic for now, but if we play them like we did Mexico and do not give up any early goals or any dotish goals and we TAKE our chances then we can pull off a win, ONLY if we do that, if not, then a draw will be a big thing. We will regardless HAVE to beat Panama there to make it a lil more comfortable. We CANNOT expect another miracle against Mexico, so forget that match for now. Wish Jones was fit to replace John if he taking too long to settle!! Hope Latas eh have to do everything again. I was impressed by Scotland he played well and hit a nice shot too. Very glad that Lawrence coming back, we definitely need him I would say Sancho as right back and Andrews and Lawrence in middle maybe with Atiba Charles at left or somewhere in defense. Remember it was against CR at home that Atiba Charles played well and got picked good!!

We cannot afford to play our defense like on Saturday where we were VERY VERY lucky on the break aways by the Guatemalans I understand we were on all out attack but for Wednesday we will have to defend more. No more Avery John feeling he is Roberto Carlos and Edwards and Spann trying to be Cafu and taking turns. Spann plays good as right midfield linking up with Edwards and Birchie but Spann is NO right back defender as they played him on Saturday!

Good luck Warriors I no we can do it.

Jason.

Now, the text below I posted earlier

I am dying to see a dicussion about what to do about the Defense and to some extent the rest of the formation which depends on that decision. Until I see this I can't talk about team selection as a whole. It is bothering me that people are quiet about this.

With Avery out, who we go put at left back in this CRUCUAL game? Now that it appears to some (I for one) that Sancho serves us better as a central defender with very good ball control (remember he was a former striker with Charleston Battery and ? midfielder for Malick) should room be made for Lawrence, and Sancho moved up to a Jamerson sweeper role?
Should we chance farting around with Atiba and Cyd Gray on the LEFT in that frenzied atmosphere and draw a panic red card foul? Or is Atiba, Cyd able to handle dey stories?

Does Cox (who is truly a central defender) convertible to wing or does the jury believe he is too slow for that position? Is he just there in case Dog gets injured?

Should Spann be moved to left wing and break up the Carlos - Spann right side chemistry?

How should we adapt to Costa Rica's unique style and players? They are strong in the air too. (unlike Guatemala)

I am assuming we are playing to win and cannot go to play a lock down defense only game. A draw is no good. Is this turf at altitude like Saprissa stadium? In that case should we conserve energy in 1st half playing defense to avoid gasping for air in the 2nd half?

Hypershot and others. Wha yuh think?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
      Hmm good points... I forgot about Cox. Maybe Sancho at right back, Ian Cox at left back and of course Lawrence and Andrews in the middle, although Andrews still want me to beat him, at least he headers the ball out strongly yes. He still too slow.  Any changes could involve Charles coming on for right back and Sancho switching to left back if Cox eh ready. DEFINITELY DO NOT LET CYD GRAY EVEN SMELL THAT TURF!! Remember whereas Cyd Gray learning how to do the dog dance and helped the Costa Ricans in 2001 beat us 3-0, Atiba Charles had an excellent game against them in the 0-0 draw in April. So I would say Sancho, Lawrence, Andrews and Charles OR Cox not Gray. I thought that Whitley played fine in the first half for the most part but he may be the scape goat to keep Spann in the game, of course Edwards is a MUST as always, and Birchie always fighting it hard and running at attackers and so far has done well in his defensive midfield duties coupled with his shots at goal which the other team mates need to learn how to do!

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 02:09:42 PM »
Maybe the best bet is Sancho back to left back how he used to do it before Avery cemented his place there.  Lawrence back in the center with Dog (but pray that Lawrence could handle it), Spann stay where you are at right back . Hence midfield unchanged with Birch, Whitley, Carlos and Latas. One may argue if Yorke should join Stern up front in the first half (I say so..4.4.2) or should we pull Yorke back and play 4.5.1 in the first half to stifle the Costa Ricans a bit in midfield but leaving Stern a bit isolated and overmarked

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 02:15:44 PM »
We may have a number of defenders but if we are to look closely nearly all of them are central defenders.  I don't like playing Cox and Sancho on the wing, it has been done in the past and was not truly effective.  It will be interesting to see who Beeenie puts out on defense.  I for one do not believe in changing a winning starting eleven unless for injury and suspension (Avery).  So my only change is for the man in the left wing back and boy ah holding meh head and hoping not to see Cyd Gray on the field or tallest in any other position but as a central defender.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 02:42:57 PM »
We may have a number of defenders but if we are to look closely nearly all of them are central defenders.  I don't like playing Cox and Sancho on the wing, it has been done in the past and was not truly effective.  It will be interesting to see who Beeenie puts out on defense.  I for one do not believe in changing a winning starting eleven unless for injury and suspension (Avery).  So my only change is for the man in the left wing back and boy ah holding meh head and hoping not to see Cyd Gray on the field or tallest in any other position but as a central defender.

So St John, tell me. Who are you suggesting for the wing as I agree with your wing concerns in general. It sounds like a real puzzle. I've heard nobody yet with a serious answer. It's true. Maybe one of our problems is a lack of wingers in defense and too many central defenders. If one winger is injured, no replacements readily available and that is dangerous. This Wolfe guy, (one of the brothers) where is is role?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 03:57:06 PM »
Who are you suggesting for the wing as I agree with your wing concerns in general. It sounds like a real puzzle.

I will be the first to say that I don't have the answer but in general I believe in playing men in their natural position.  With the options present here is my crazy answer.  I will play three across the back with Cox, Sancho and Dog starting.  Load up the midfield with Carlos, Span, Birchall, Whitley and Latas.  Four out of the five midfielders can/have played defensively and I would hold two of the five in the defensive third of our field at all times to compensate for what is at the back.  Not perfect but a suggestion. 

The other oprion is to replace Avery with a natural wing back (Cyd Gray or Charles) and say plenty prayers.  This is not bad if you keep the same defensive mindset in the midfield and provide enough cover for either one of them.  One plus is that the game plan then stays similar to the Guatemal game.  Although I am one to cry down Cyd and Charles, I realize they are the best we have so I might roll the dice with them and give them meh support.

Beenie is boss and he getting paid to make these tough decisions.  Major cop out on my part.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »
I think we should go with the same starting lineup that we went with on Saturday, 4-5-1 it will make us sound defensively and from how we play last game we can attack in numbers.
Have no fear we shall prevail.
Go Warriors
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline ponepan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 06:50:26 PM »
seriously we need to have our midfielders play higher against the quick passing central americans. these guys are experts at the one-touch passing. Costa Rica has been shaky in defence however, and we have to make sure to deliver the ball to latapy and yorke high into the midfield in order to create chances.

so our defensive midfielder have to be clean on tackes and hold and pass the ball to these two players in a timely manner. Our defense also have to be weary that Wanchope and Solis are players of high calibre....the can make their goals....and danger, danger....Ronaldo gomez. He is known to be dominant in the middle of the park. Tough guy to handle.

Also, our strikers should learn from the Stern John double....AND TAKE ONE-TIME SHOTS AS THEY PRESENT THEMSELVES. the US does it to great success.

The bounce and elevation will be a problem in San Jose. That ground is cramped and has an artificial surface. I can't believe FIFA allows this ....but part of the politics. No wonder Costa Rica is hard to beat at home...if Tnt does beat them it will be a first.

There is no stoppin'....THREE points players. We've waited to long for this chance. Good Luck and tear dem apart. Help de PONEPAN and win again.

From Burlington, Ontario Canada

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005, 08:04:49 PM »
This will not be an easy game. So what is new for TNT? all our games from here on will be like  knockouts. Win and you increase your chances to move on. I have been trying to follow the  and read The Costa Rican news. From my accounts they are very confident that  they are in the driver seat to qualify and that TNT would be the game to get put them in the  lead.
Frankly, I like these high intensity games; we ought to be playing at this level consistently.

Let's hope that they underestimate us, are overconfident and that we throw everything we have at them. People, Pray does really work ; leh we start all over again!!

nes about their team and TNT arrival. Seems like they have some players coing back from injuries and or suspensions.
http://www.diarioextra.com/

Meh transalator:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 08:06:50 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 08:41:24 PM »
i was reading some local news today and i was just wondering...how come they made travel arrangements to go to Costa Rica and end up having  almost 5 hours lay over in Miami...waiting in ariport is the worse thing for me.
so allyuh telling me we couldn'tve travled to Costa Rica via Caracas which should be bout 3 1/2 hours or so  and made it a shorter flight?..mow with the itenary they have they looking at close to 15 hours...whereas it coulda been closer to bout 5 hrs max.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 08:45:01 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005, 08:47:52 PM »
i was reading some local news today and i was just wondering...how come they made travel arrangements to go to Costa Rica and end up having  almost 5 hours lay over in Miami...waiting in ariport is the worse thing for me.
so allyuh telling me we couldn'tve travled to Costa Rica via Caracas which should be bout 3 1/2 hours or so  and made it a shorter flight?..mow with the itenary they have they looking at close to 15 hours...whereas it coulda been closer to bout 5 hrs max.

I eh know what is entailed in de travel arrangements, but after de USA game in Connecticut, some of de UK-based players flew to Miami and had to endure a long layover. Seems like it would have made more sense to go to New York or New Jersey.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 10:38:30 PM »
anybody realise dat stern tied for 1st in scoring in de reigon?

CONCACAF Final Stage Top Scorers:
GUA - Carlos Ruiz 3 - TRI (2), PAN (1)
GUA - Guillermo Ramirez 3 - TRI (3)
MEX - Jared Borgetti  3 - USA (1), TRI (1), CRC (1)
TRI - Stern John 3 - PAN (1), GUA (2)
USA - Landon Donovan 3 - CRC (2), PAN (1)
CRC - Ronald Gomez 2 - GUA (1), PAN (1)
CRC - Paulo Wanchope 2 - MEX (1), GUA (1
 de same mann dat everybody lambasting..... well, hopefully he go buss some more against costa rica and go tops..... even though he is ah shit hound, he is still ah striker, he geh de monkey off he back goal like rain now :o :o :o :beermug:

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005, 10:57:11 PM »
KND - Predictions for Wednesday 3 games?

1]; } ?>