April 24, 2024, 10:33:41 PM

Poll

Do you think T&T could have won vs GUA without Russell Latapy.

Yes
8 (9.9%)
No
49 (60.5%)
Possible
24 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: T&T vs Costa Rica Thread.  (Read 44286 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Costa Rica Thread.
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2005, 10:17:46 PM »
2 Panama men get ejected, Philips and Baloy.
I think the danger man Pineda coming back though.
It could be Jesus on dey team, we hadda beg God to still try and take 3 pts next month.

Yes, Guat vs Mex in Mex

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Sancho not in the squad
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2005, 10:27:46 PM »
Not only dat...why Beenie kill de Spann/Edwards chemistry.

Offline nomad warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2005, 10:28:49 PM »
I find the team start off very tired looking. and catch a second win in the last 10 mins. very worrying if we have to face the mighty mexicans a few days after we give our all against Panama. hopefully the fellas will be fitter as their seasons progress.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Sancho not in the squad
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2005, 10:43:30 PM »
I eally doh understand what happened to Sancho..

See me, i kinda depressed oui.. i gorn an sleep
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2005, 10:49:42 PM »
KELVIN JACK - 6 - Good game but made one costly mistake. Kept it simple. Did not try to be creative on the distribution nor take unnecessasry chances except when the second goal was scored from the free kick we was nowhere near the ball because his positioning was very poor for the free kick. he underestimated the player's ability to dip it over the wall and he was nowhere near it.

DENNIS LAWRENCE - 7 - Nothing special tonight. He should have been fresher but it did not show. came forward twice but did nothing on those forays. Showed nothing in the air when we had free kicks.

MARVIN ANDREWS - 6 - Looks tired but played his heart out. Jumping for offensive headers and taking his eyes of the ball. Kept trying for the long ball distribution upfield instead of going to Carlos Edwards.

IAN COX - 7 - Saved Spann's many embarassing moments. Dealt well with Wanchope in one on one but was twice turned inside out by Gomez on the same beat that set up the first goal. Not very effective going forward and has a left foot that is weak and inaccurate.

SILVIO SPANN - 5 - Worst game I have seen him play. He was being beaten all ends up and passed all night. Made some forays upfield to link well with Latas early in the game but got lost after about 10 minutes and never recovered.

AURTIS WHITLEY - 7 - The guy keeps improving. This was a good game and a few times he took on the defence but not enough times to have a big impact. Had a balanced game and made some crisp passes. Can do much better if he is given liberty to attack and takes his shots from the 18yd line like Birchall does.

CHIRS BIRCHALL - 6 - Had a horrible start ( even picked up a yellow) but recovered well in a battling appearance. Had a great shot to goal saved in the second half, he continues to have at least one good pop at goal per game which is good for the team because they can set up that shot for him like Latapy did.

DWIGHT YORKE- 8 - Captain Fantastic worked his butt off but played too deep for long periods.

RUSSELL LATAPY- 9 - Without Latas this team would like very ordinary. He had the most creative passing and set up most of the shots on goal. Had a good pop at goal himself late in the game but his movement left and right of the field and the fact that he was getting the ball a lot made it mush easier for the team to attack through him.

CARLOS EDWARDS - 7 - Way under-utilised. He should have been given the ball a lot more tonight because he was always willing to go forward quickly. Pretty solid game though.

SCOTT SEALY - 4 - wasted three very good opportunities and did not run at anybody.

STERN JOHN - 4 - I think he should blame the astro-turf or the flight or tiredness or something. Stern was just not into it. Its not that Latapy was not looking to give him passes it was his positioning was poor and sometimes his touch overcooked. Could not repeat the instinctive play that got him the two goals against Guat.

JASON SCOTLAND - 7 - Had a very good chance but missed. He seemed willing to run at people and fight for balls.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2005, 11:06:10 PM »
eh fellas...for those who didnt see the game tonight ah think telemundo showing the game tomorrow at 2pm.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2005, 11:53:18 PM »
why watch the pain and argony all over ?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2005, 12:26:41 AM »
i am fed up...trinidad is useless..if we cant beat little teams like panama and gautemala then we have no chance against the big guns like america and mexico...not to mention italy, holland and england..thank god we wont qualify...Those teams will hit us 16-0  every game and make us feel shame...and now latapy stern and yorke will retire and no one is left...great..

Since yuh fedup and yuh name is youngone go watch sesame street or fraggle rock.  Leave we football alone.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2005, 03:30:50 AM »
This is not good fellas... GUA tie and we lost....

PAN lost 2 good players yesterday so we may have to win we next 2 games, I wonder if Latapy will stay now...

Lets hope GUA lose they remaining 2.....

It dont look good though because USA and MEX will sell out.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2005, 04:15:33 AM »
Allyuh see the set a twisss up IAN COX get???
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2005, 06:23:40 AM »
In order for T&T to make it, this will have to happen.

Current Standings:

MEX 19
USA 19
CRC 13
GUA  8
TRI   7
PAN  2

Schedule:

Oct 8

20:00 Panama  -  Trinidad and Tobago (TRI Win)
20:00 Mexico  -  Guatemala (MEX Win)
19:00 Costa Rica  -  USA (USA win or Tie)

Standings if USA wins:

MEX 22
USA 22
CRC 13
TRI  10
GUA  8
PAN  2

Standings if USA tie:

MEX 22
USA 20
CRC 14
TRI  10
GUA  8
PAN  2

Oct 12

20:00 USA  -  Panama (No Effect)
20:00 Trinidad and Tobago  -  Mexico (TRI Win or Tie)
18:00 Guatemala  -  Costa Rica (CRC wins)

Standings if T&T tie:

MEX 23
USA 23
CRC 17
TRI  11
GUA  8
PAN  2

Standings if T&T win:

USA 23
MEX 22
CRC 17
TRI  13
GUA  8
PAN  2

Note:

To be on the safe side, T&T may well have to beat MEX and PAN, because if GUA lose to MEX and then win to CRC and T&T win to PAN and tie to MEX then we both will have 11 points but GUA is better Head to Head so they will take the final spot. However, if USA beats Costa Rica in their next game it will help us greatly, lets hope/wish MEX and USA take's care of business next.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:07:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2005, 02:19:17 AM »
I have to back USA for real....... seems T&T and GUA will have to fight for 4th.....

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2005, 06:44:22 AM »
Sancho picked up an injury while training therefore not being able to play in the match against costa rica

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2005, 06:46:53 AM »
We didn't have 2 of we faster defenders like Avery and Sancho..... men who does work hard..... and Leo Beenhakker should have known what to do...

We defence weak and we conceeding early goals, then start with a 6-5-1 formation..... and switch to suit.... de "Don" ... f**king up.....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:57:28 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2005, 03:37:32 PM »
Mine Here

Kelvin Jack - Made some decent saves, he could not stop both goals. I think he needs to work on free kicks though.

Ian Cox - Made 2 mistakes, one, he didn’t cover Gomez leading to the first goal and the other is he almost scored an own goal from a header clearance, is he left footed by chance. I find he did ok other than that, he did save us a few times and combined well with Birchall. But Avery is best in that position.

Dennis Lawrence - Was quiet, but helped, I guess he didn’t make to much runs forwards because he was the last defender.

Marvin Andrews - Look good on the right back going forward, but this man real clumsy at times. Sancho was missed.

Silvio Spann - You could tell he dont have a left foot because every time he got the ball he was switching it to his right foot. I still like him over Theobald and Rahim on the left if we have to use him there.

Dwight Yorke - As usual, worked his boots off.

Aurtis Whitley - Show some nice touch running forward, but needs to be more penetrative and take more shots on goal.

Carlos Edwards - I was expecting more from him, he did nothing much, I dont know why Beenhakker broke up the Spann/Edwards combo. Why fix something if its not broken.

Chris Birchall - Work his ass off, but needs to be more confident and composed on the ball. Have a strong shot and should use it when ever he gets the chance, his work rate is also very high and adds iron in midfield.

Russell Latapy - Why Beenhakker started him on top, I really dont know, when he came back in midfield under the strikers he looked better.

Stern John - Did better that his usual games, had a nice flick on for I think Scotland to score, he also had a nice one time shot on goal and this is a good sign, once he gets more confidence and up his work rate and take more shots on goal he will do much better. Like Edwards/Spann combo I believe Stern needs a good combo partner to feed off and one who will support him and he will also do great.

Jason Scotland - Had a nice one time shot that hit the side netting, and look capable of helping the team.

Scott Sealy - I liked his eagerness to shoot and that is a good sign, he just needs to learn how to hit them at goal and not in the stands.

I find the team didn’t play badly, and we match the Costa Ricans and look better at times, but for a coach with so much experience he should know better, this is not Holland, we are limited in certain position, one or two players out and we guessing who to use where, we should know this in advance. We also didn’t look like we were playing with a plan, and why does one goal kill the team like this, we have 4 coaches all together and none of them can motivate the players ? I am disappointed in Beenhakker tactics because when you play away especially when you are short in defence you have to compromise and use a formation to cover your weakness, we needed to set the first 15 mins tone of the game and then settle in and play to our style.

We was better of going with 4-5-1;
Jack
Charles, Andrews, Lawrence, Cox
Spann, Birchall, Latapy, Yorke, Whitley
John

Simply because we needed to either win or tie this game, we should have scored at least 2 goals and tie up de score. The team I name above is a good team who can keep possession and switch to difference formation without interfering with the team structure and play.

Panama have a bone to pick with us and they fighting for pride, we must be careful, they have nothing to lose, they are missing they best defender Baloy who is based in Brazil, Ricardo Phillips is good to and according to Tallman, Reberto Brown will also miss this game so we need to exploit this, but be careful because they have a number 10 (Medina) who is very nippy and they are also very good at home. They goalie is a classic, so Stern put on yuh correct boots. We have a better chance of beating PAN that MEX, so this game is a must....

Mexico also cannot be trusted, they will never make T&T beat them because they have to much pride and also they will plan to win all their games to claim the standings, they hate USA and they will make sure they finish over them.

According to Flex, USA must beat Costa Rica so Costa Rica will have to beat Guatemala in their last game and Mexico must beat Guatemala and T&T will get some breeding space, but we still need to focused on winning both games.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 06:15:38 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2005, 03:42:10 PM »
Exactly how I see the CR game too.

I know Baloy and the next man out vs TT, but I not sure about the Brown suspension.

Also, their danger man attacker who score the goals against us in the Gold Cup is also returning.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2005, 04:14:09 AM »
What up set me about Beenhakker is...

1. Why wait for an important game to try players out in different position, for example, Cox and Spann on the left especially since Spann and Edwards combined so well on the right. Cox probably never even played on the left in a competitive match before. If you going and use players in different positions because of injury or suspension why not play a more compact defence seeing that we was lacking in that department. Again, warm ups is important so in a case like this we would have known what to do and who to use where.

2. Latapy as a striker ? then when he moved him back to midfiled you could have seen the big difference. We cant put our only creative midfielder as a striker and we midfield scrunting.

3. What about players who not performing, Edwards and John should have been subbed because they wasn't doing much, especially Edwards.

4. Beenhakker finding answers in one game and then doing the un-just to scrable up everything in the next game.

5. Why have players like Hislop and Wolfe on the bench all the time, shouldn't they get a sweat too so they can groove in with the rest of the team. Insase of injury or suspension we wouldn't have experience replacments because Wolfe (Derek King replacment) never play a competitive game yet and Hislop eh play in a while, I know Jack in form but we had one more sub to make and he should have gotten a lil 10 mins or so just to keep them in tune.

6. Why isn't Beenhakker requesting his players early, we have the most 2 important games coming up and we need to at least get a warm up or two.

7. Beenhakker playing players out of position and experimenting with important games, this is why we need a tune up before Panama. Next thing yuh know Yorke go be we goalie vs Panama.

8. Beenhakker formation should be more defensive especially since we were lacking in defence and we were playing away. He need to also kill the beef between him and Glen, be the big man and set an example, Glen too..

9. Beenhakker have the team playing better yes, and also realising his mistakes during games, but he still insist on using the same players all the time. I believe the players want it badly and that is why the team is also playing better, Yorke and Latapy is also bringing alot to the team because the other players respect them, especially Yorke who showing real commitment.

10. Jamaica, Canada and El Salvador not even in the World Cup Qualifiers and them playing friendly games. I understand we players aboard but we need to in-force de FIFA rule and get them here to atleast play a warm up INTERNATIONAL game nah.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 04:42:21 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>