March 28, 2024, 02:45:41 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors shoots down Cuba.  (Read 9644 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors shoots down Cuba.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 04:56:58 AM »

yeah bring 4 stag.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 05:36:37 AM »
 :beermug:
good to win against Cuba..
now on to Guatemala, eh?
GO WARRIORS !!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 05:40:43 AM »
:beermug:
good to win against Cuba..
now on to Guatemala, eh?
GO WARRIORS !!!

Hey Ann remember we were debating whether or not the Guatemala game is here or away, well is here....so ah seeing in de stadium den??  :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 05:56:52 AM »
oh yeah!!! ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »

Trinidad and Tobago's soccer team pose for a photo before their game againts Cuba during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Trinidad and Tobago's goalie Phillip Marvin punches the ball away during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier soccer match against Cuba in Havana August 20, 2008. Trinidad and Tobago won the match 3-1.

Trinidad and Tobago's Khaleem Hyland (L) and Cuba's Jensse Munos battle for the ball during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier soccer match in Havana August 20, 2008. Trinidad and Tobago won the match 3-1.

Trinidad and Tobago's Densil Theobald (L) and Clyde Leon (R) battle for the ball with Cuba's Heviel Cordoves (C) during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier soccer match in Havana August 20, 2008. Trinidad and Tobago won the match 3-1.

Trinidad and Tobago's Keon Daniel (R) battles for the ball with Cuba's Carlos Francisco Serrano during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier soccer match in Havana August 20, 2008.

Trinidad and Tobago's Khaleem Hyland (16) celebrate's Keon Daniel's (17) second goal against Cuba during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier soccer match in Havana August 20, 2008.

Trinidad and Tobago's players celebrate after scoring their team's second goal during a World Cup 20 qualifying soccer game against Cuba at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana, Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2008. Trinidad and Tobago won 3-1.

Cuba's Jorge Clavelo fights for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Cornell Glen, front, during a World Cup 2010 qualifying soccer game at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana, Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2008.

Cuba's Jaime Colome, right, fights for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Anthony Wolfe during a World Cup 2010 qualifying soccer game at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana, Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2008.

Cuban Jesse Munoz (L) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Cyd Gray (R) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Cuban Jeniel Marquez (R) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Chris Birchall (L) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Cuban Danny Quintero (R) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Chris Birchall (L) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Cuban Reysandri Fernandez (R) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Anthony Wolfe (L) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Cuban Jorge Luis Clavelo (L) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Cornell Glen (C) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Cuban Jorge Luis Clavejo (L) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Keon Daniel (R) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Cuban Carlos Francisco (R) vies for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Keon Daniel (L) during their FIFA World Cup South Africa-2010 qualifier football match, on August 20, 2008, at the Pedro Marrero stadium in Havana. Trinidad and Tobago defeated Cuba 3-1. AFP PHOTO / STR (Photo credit should read STR/AFP/Getty Images)

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 06:06:49 AM »
kit looks even better with the t shirts out
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 06:14:07 AM »
okay, so we win, and we congratulating the team- my question now is- how did we play?
I know it isn't important to some people, I've heard things like "I prefer an ugly win to a pretty loss" BUT I am interested in if anybody can rate the performance as either a) more defensive b) more attacking or c) same as against Haiti at the MLS where I had enough frustration by half time, even tho we went on to win..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 06:21:43 AM »
blessings warriors, listened on 105 and corneal son call a good game

big up skilla and cornell bless
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 06:30:02 AM »
Good start Warriors. “Confidence and Youth” Gun shots!!!  Ah call it...it look like everybody getting three's from now boi.

What yuh want!

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 06:31:36 AM »
lovely!

3 more wins and we should be good for the hex.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 06:35:44 AM »
dat kit real 4king bad

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2008, 06:58:18 AM »
ah just curious to know.. I have had a lot of ankle injuires, currently nursing one now.. I was told years ago my ankle area is small for someone of my size.. I thought it was just me, but all dem fellas ankle look like it could break if a blade of grass touch it... Except for Birchall..

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
the kit looking realll nice

What!!!!????  no congrats from smalls tuh de team after he 'lambase' de coach fuh not running de god Stern John

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »
well done 3 points on our first game

a positive start

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
Given all the adversities that this team has  had to face to this point each and every player and coach deserve our  whole hearted congratulations for going into Cuba and coming away with a decisive win!!!!

This bodes well for our local  professionals, our local pro league and for those who are under constant public scrutiny. Today , and at this time, we need to put aside whatever personal biases about the team's composition and simply acknowledge the accomplishments to date. After the Bermuda debacle, and the hard fought  victory against El Salvador, let's keep on this roll.

We know the road to success is not always paved with gold and each game will get tougher but this is the building  of character, fortitude and mental toughness that we need in our program. No time to rest on this victory; time to  start the preparation for the next one......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »
Nice pictures  :beermug:

Tallman yuh have ah open account wit Getty or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 08:55:11 AM »

Trinidad and Tobago's Keon Daniel (R) battles for the ball with Cuba's Carlos Francisco Serrano during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier soccer match in Havana August 20, 2008.

Seem like gone are the days when Skilla woulda get pong of from players he pongin off ppl
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »
congrats to the squad and the staff....more work ahead...tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »
I think im gonna have to get that shirt pronto

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »
Yes the shirt real nice...
Congrats to the team and staff on our 3pts from our first game

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »

Seem like gone are the days when Skilla woulda get pong of from players he pongin off ppl

Nah, dem days eh gone yet, but lately he's been spending plenty of time in de gym, so he's working on it.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2008, 10:27:34 AM »
Yea dred im have tp pick me up one of em shirts dred.. D uni lok real bess. but i still sayin Adidas Lackin some serious creativity skill. ah still love them though.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2008, 12:49:29 PM »
Don't we get sponsor by KFC? Them men could eat ah food and pack on some lbs.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »
Congrats Warriors!! Keep it up, please!  We cyah afford to relax in any game until we qualify.  Don't get complacent with Guatemala!  Keep your eye on the prize!

Bless
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:41:25 PM by Saywha »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »
Keon Daniel looking like Yorke in that picture.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »

seriously whats with home advantage, that stadium looks totally empty i read somewhere about a crowd of 2200 t taught it was a typo but now i realise it was truely 2200 in a stadium of 34,000 capacity

this is really not what i expected to see,

something was seriously wrong, i hope shawn fuentes can tell the full tale!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
Win ugly?  It was pretty given dat be blasted refree was so biased for Cuba.  Dey must be promise him two rum and a Morena (Browning) after de Match.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »
Congrats to the team and technical staff, but I notice Lawrence, Hislop AND Avery get yellow cards, so they will have to watch out bcause another one in the Guatemala game and they OUT against the USA, where will need our BEST possible defence. Waiting on Shaun Fuentes to say what was the nature of the injury to Me Mum and how long will he be out for, and some details on Hyland's sending off, is his red card a 1 game ban or longer. Also today I heard Jack saying he is trying to organise one more warm-up for us b4 the Guatemala game, but didn't name the Country.

P.S. Weary sends her congrats too...she ask meh tuh post as she is currently outside T&T

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »
Congrats to the team and technical staff, but I notice Lawrence, Hislop AND Avery get yellow cards, so they will have to watch out bcause another one in the Guatemala game and they OUT against the USA, where will need our BEST possible defence. Waiting on Shaun Fuentes to say what was the nature of the injury to Me Mum and how long will he be out for, and some details on Hyland's sending off, is his red card a 1 game ban or longer. Also today I heard Jack saying he is trying to organise one more warm-up for us b4 the Guatemala game, but didn't name the Country.

P.S. Weary sends her congrats too...she ask meh tuh post as she is currently outside T&T

Ah tink Fuentes report said Birchy left de game sufferin from stomach cramps.

He also said Hyland got sent off for a violent tackle.  That could indicate that it was a straight red card.  To the best of my knowledge, a straight red means u miss 2 games.  If is a 2nd yellow, u miss one game.

Seein dat we playin Guatemala next...a team that known for dutty play, it go be real hard fuh dem 3 fellas to NOT get a yellow.  At the end of the day, is probably a matter of time before dey get dat 2nd yellow.  We jes have to holpe dat dey doh get dem in de same match like against Cuba.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline riodano1510

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
anyone find highlights from de game??
The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die.

1]; } ?>