April 27, 2024, 12:12:27 AM

Author Topic: Olympic Football  (Read 27325 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Olympic Football
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
My hating for Argentina go back to the 78 world cup(Arg vs Peru and Arg vs Holland). However, they play some of the best football around. When most teams lose a game, they can point to many different mistakes in the game. When Argentina lose is one thing not scoring the many chances.

So i guess that makes you a hater with justification ...they play well but yuh still eh like dem ... I could live wid dat ...I doh like germany but dais because the  lack of style and inventiveness in their football not appealing to me no matter how much WC dey win ...
what was it that set you off in 1978 ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2008, 07:29:36 PM »
if anybody thinking dat  argentina go run out of stars there is one who dey talking bout who eh even born yet .... Maradona x Arguero ...biggest ting in argentina !
Sergio will tyie the knot with the pregnant daughter of Diego ...is genetic engineering dey practicing down dey !

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
Zico is the next coach of Brazil Dunga will be gone in a hurry.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »

Dunga just lorse one game and everybody panicking ? Is argentina who beat Brazil ...aint no shame in dat ! ..oh yes there is shame .3-0 ...
We better post a suicide alert on Palos yuh here .....
Messi and the captain  Riquelme could put Palos in trouble if dey win dis ting  :rotfl: doh do it boy Palos ...dont do it !  :rotfl:
way all dem Brazilians gone  :rotfl: :rotfl:
I take meh talk when we lorse now ah kyah even find a man to pong !

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:01 AM »

Dunga just lorse one game and everybody panicking ? Is argentina who beat Brazil ...aint no shame in dat ! ..oh yes there is shame .3-0 ...
Messi and the captain  Riquelme could put Palos in trouble if dey win dis ting  :rotfl: doh do it boy Palos ...dont do it !  :rotfl:

Jai...good win for Argentina. But it is still pretty much ah under 23 game. And tho' the size of the licks was big, it still eh make up for the 10 goals Argie colleck in 3 back to back games between the seniors, prior to the 0-0 tie in WCQ.

Hehehe...jess talk hoss. I woulda be feeling nice too if Brazil had won..so enjoy it. In football, only the last result counts. Especially against such bitter rivals

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »

Waaayyy....man have chats boy...jess so? ;D

Me eh panicking...True dem nazis does play OK football...for a small goal side :D.., but when it really matters, YOU KNOW BRAZIL IS THE REAL BIG SIDE. After all that level cutass Argentina been getting last few games Brazil MUST get bored and fall asleep at the wheel.

Just wait....... This will be righted soon enough.

PS : I predict YET ANOTHER Olympic beating from Nigeria. Is steady bullet from outside, and yuh know how yuh side does wilt under pressure.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:30:34 AM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2008, 10:13:23 AM »

I say that because I was talking to a Sao Paulo player father. He said they were just waiting for this loss to get rid of him. Brazilians do not agree with the physical tactics Dunga employs. They feel it is more English than anything else.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2008, 02:53:58 PM »
A lil backstory for the Argentina vs Nigeria game...

Nigeria head coach is the man who scored against Argentina in WC 1994 in one of the best group games in a WC...Canniggia reply with a double as a Diego-led Argentina won the game 2-1.

Same head coach was the head of the Under 20 Nigeria squad that lost the Under 20 WC final to Argentina when Messi led the South Americans to victory...he says he is out for revenge after being bettered by Argentina in 2 WCs in both stages of a successful career as a player and coach

He should be comforted by the fact that Nigeria beat Argentina for their only Olympic Gold in 96. Brazil also finished 3rd in that edition. Possible repeat of the results in the cards. This one will be good.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »

I say that because I was talking to a Sao Paulo player father. He said they were just waiting for this loss to get rid of him. Brazilians do not agree with the physical tactics Dunga employs. They feel it is more English than anything else.

Yes but Dunga worked that to perfection in the Copa america ...disrupt and stop Argentina from playing rather than play Brazil's game ...did not work this time as Baptista was ready. I guess brazilians will see this as a no win situation if Dunga stays so there may be calls for him to go ... I however disagree, even as an Argentinian fan , You add Kaka to Brazil's team and the entire picture changes. This was an important game for Brazil which is why Dunga took over, he had to test his tactics again ....
They will meet again at the senior level in Argentina so Dunga had another reason for being here. Brazil has turned away from their natural game yet it has brought them results,.  When they lose however there are calls to return to the beautiful game . Argentina however plays a spectators game, win or lose. They have not had the results they wanted in the senior game but they rule at youth level . The game in Brazil is however on the up if you are to judge from the last Copa.  Flu did not win the tournament but  what football they played !
All the South Americans need is an injection of money to keep their best players at least until they are grounded in the south american style. As long as the Europeans can prize out the best talent at an early age then the fans wont be happy with their national team as these " European Brazilians make up the buik of the team.
Ah go take meh victories as they come, as every Argentina Vs Brazil game is a country stopper. I thought Brazil played well but Argentina was better on the day. It eh easy to stop Messi ...ah even see ah Brazilian trying to undress him on the field ??? the tactics were clear just like in the age of maradona, you cant stop him by legal means so do the next best thing.
Ah gone !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »

Nigeria head coach is the man who scored against Argentina in WC 1994 in one of the best group games in a WC...Canniggia reply with a double as a Diego-led Argentina won the game 2-1.

Same head coach was the head of the Under 20 Nigeria squad that lost the Under 20 WC final to Argentina when Messi led the South Americans to victory...he says he is out for revenge after being bettered by Argentina in 2 WCs in both stages of a successful career as a player and coach

He should be comforted by the fact that Nigeria beat Argentina for their only Olympic Gold in 96. Brazil also finished 3rd in that edition. Possible repeat of the results in the cards. This one will be good.

Filho you look like you expecting to see another lightening Bolt strike again !!! Is only one bolt here brother ..... ha ha ha
I would expect the nigerian to talk big but he knows what he is up against...the team is getting better with every game. The physical test is sure to come from Nigeria but we ready !!!!! Messi, Kun, , Riqui, Mascherano, all dem does start on the senior team !!! In fact this team could represent argentina in WC qualifiers !
Riqui looks like ah school teracher wid an group of brilliant children. Dis eh no shut down Riqui , shut down Argentina side ...Imagine Ever Banega, who is only 20, and has already won the Argentina championship, the Copa Libertadores and under 20 world Cup cant get in ????

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »

Filho you look like you expecting to see another lightening Bolt strike again !!! Is only one bolt here brother ..... ha ha ha
I would expect the nigerian to talk big but he knows what he is up against...the team is getting better with every game. The physical test is sure to come from Nigeria but we ready !!!!! Messi, Kun, , Riqui, Mascherano, all dem does start on the senior team !!! In fact this team could represent argentina in WC qualifiers !
Riqui looks like ah school teracher wid an group of brilliant children. Dis eh no shut down Riqui , shut down Argentina side ...Imagine Ever Banega, who is only 20, and has already won the Argentina championship, the Copa Libertadores and under 20 world Cup cant get in ????

I eh know hoss. Dat coach look like he born to take licks from Argentina. I sure he not hoping for his kinda lightning to strike (not twice) but athird time. Under all the ole talk..Argentina side last Olympics was even better. It was actually perfect..I doh think they conceded a single goal and tevez was top scorer. He may have even scored in every game. Bielsa had them playing unbelievable football. Dat said..Argentina has something no team in the world has..two attacking geniuses that can play together. Having Messi and Riquelme overlap generations an catch form at the same time remarkable..and when you consider Kun is a clone of Romario....ah boy. I doh back Argentina (somehow I am a Boca fan tho...I still trying to reconcile dat  ;D), but dem fellas could play ball.

Will try to take in the final. Will be backing Nigeria. But Argentina seems like a team of destiny. Any how yuh look at it, I expecting some good football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
Kick off is noon Beijing time ... link saved ... ah want to see conventional wisdom turned on its head ... dahs all ah saying ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2008, 02:01:33 PM »
Kick off is noon Beijing time ... link saved ... ah want to see conventional wisdom turned on its head ... dahs all ah saying ;)

Midnight tonite on NBC... or DirecTV's soccer channel if you have satellite.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »
This game really wetting my appetite. First to begin many from the same generation that met back in Holland at the U20.
Nigeria have power, pace and strength, they are also technically quick. Argentina have pace, elusive and many technically gifted players. Ground conditions, weather etc must be considered. Look for fireworks
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:09 PM »
This game really wetting my appetite. First to begin many from the same generation that met back in Holland at the U20.
Nigeria have power, pace and strength, they are also technically quick. Argentina have pace, elusive and many technically gifted players. Ground conditions, weather etc must be considered. Look for fireworks

Nigeria will have to play a disciplined game... both individually as players (no wildman tackles), and collectively as a team (maintaining their shape and sticking with coaching strategy).  Look for the Argentinian players to try and influence the officiating early, either by their words or their actions.  The officiating will be a huge determinant on the outcome of this game... if they clamp down on Nigeria from early that will factor heavily in Argentina's favor seeing how disagreeable the physical game is to them.

Offensively the Nigerian player have to be better with their touches than they've displayed thus far... though individually full of flair, their first touch and control is nowhere near that of Argentina.  It is critical that they take advantage of their physical superiority and by that I mean their strength, speed and athleticism.  Most importantly they need solid, heady play by their goalkeeper (who can be reflexive and spectacular one minute... and bafflingly inept the next), and on the opposing end need to be composed in front of goal and capitalize on their opportunities. 

I expect Nigeria to probe down the flanks to take advantage of their outside speed, but it's critical that their strikers support the run in the middle, else those opportunities continue to fizzle for either lack of anyone in the box to cross to, or for the play getting bottled on the touchline by converging defenders.  If they remain true to form they'll continue to be opportunistic from outside the box, with a little bit of luck they'll string up the goalie at least once, because other than that Argentina won't allow them to just dribble their way in and play small goal football as they did against the US.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:25:25 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »
Nigeria will win if they don't commit silly fouls.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2008, 08:11:40 AM »
So I take it this game played already??

What was the final score??....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>