March 28, 2024, 06:18:08 AM

Author Topic: Maturana & Corneal  (Read 7690 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana & Corneal
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »
I know its early days yet but it seems to me that Maturana is doing a good job wit the payers at his disposal.The same players that Wim refused to recognise as good enough to represent the country seems to be good enough to play for Maturana.He has even gone so far as to leave out our top scorer of all time,Stern John.This man has steadily built our home grown boys and has stuck by his plans and his team is getting  some very god results.There has been quite a lot of nasty comments about him that I think is un-necessary,I for one is very pleased that he is not going to beg for the likes of Carlos or whoever feels that their club is greater than their country.Maturana should keep the same team and forget about the overseas players.We must wait and see how Kenwynn Jones re-act to a call from Maturana when he is fully fit.Bigup to Maturana and Corneal  continuity is important ,the homebased boys are starting to gel.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:55:19 AM by Flex »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana&Corneal
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »
let's wait until after we play Guat and USA before we start patting them on the back

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »
I know its early days yet but it seems to me that Maturana is doing a good job wit the payers at his disposal.The same players that Wim refused to recognise as good enough to represent the country seems to be good enough to play for Maturana.

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip - Played for Wim
Jan-Michael Williams - Played for Wim

Defenders
Cyd Gray - Not available to Wim
Makan Hislop - Played for Wim
Dennis Lawrence - Not available to Wim
Keyeno Thomas - Played for Wim
Avery John - Not available to Wim
Osei Telesford - Played for Wim

Midfielders
Keon Daniel - Did not play for Wim
Khaleem Hyland - Did not play for Wim
Densill Theobald - Played for Wim
Christopher Birchall - Not available to Wim
Clyde Leon - Played for Wim
Kerry Baptiste - Played for Wim

Forwards
Anthony Wolfe - Played for Wim
Cornell Glen - Not available to Wim
Andre Toussaint - Played for Wim
Darryl Roberts - Played for Wim
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
I know its early days yet but it seems to me that Maturana is doing a good job wit the payers at his disposal.The same players that Wim refused to recognise as good enough to represent the country seems to be good enough to play for Maturana.

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Also, I believe, Keon Daniel was called up by Wim a few times.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »
And Fenwick was giving problems to release anybody ,so jab had get leave out .

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
My point is Tallman,Wim openly said that the homebased players were not good enough and he refused quite a few friendlies because he could not have the overseas players.Maturana on the other hand is the opposite and is not afraid to go local.This only proves that Wim was a total charlatan and did not know shyte about what he was doing.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »
can someone shed some light as to the situation with Peltier???

all the hype at first and he doesnt even make a 30 man squad for trainin???
what's goin on? he die down now a wha?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »
Fer real and wim was picking better players than Maturana to boot.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »
One question,allyuh happy Trinidad win or sad?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »
We happy ..but muturana scratching he balls for months while the warriors burned .It take a full out declaration of war ,and daily verbal onslaughts and mudslinging for most of the team to be reassembled,
 yes ah give the site credit and now Now Muturana looking like a returning conquering hero steupppss.
Hes a good coach ,but he is do he thing and treat the fans like stupid peasants ,no accountability .
Plus me eint no waggonist ,I never  like him before and just cause they win tonite ,me eint changing my tune and say oh I always like him .If or when I change my mind I will let u know.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:24:02 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 10:14:11 PM »
Very happy. I was also happy when we won under Wim.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
My point is Tallman,Wim openly said that the homebased players were not good enough and he refused quite a few friendlies because he could not have the overseas players.Maturana on the other hand is the opposite and is not afraid to go local.This only proves that Wim was a total charlatan and did not know shyte about what he was doing.

If you repeat something enough times, it will start to sound like the truth, even if it flies in the face of all available evidence or not.

BTW, Wim did beat Cuba by two goals too. I doh know exactly what that prove,though...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:47 PM »
Very happy. I was also happy when we won under Wim.
Ditto
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

I am always happy when T&T win. I will reserve mih humble pie dinner when we handle the non caribbean opposition.

Remember the 2002 campaign eh...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »

If we make de Hex like in 2002 I'd be happy.... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:47 PM »
If we lorse de next game to Guatemala leh meh see if allyuh go be so quick to pat Maturana and Corneal on de back.  I glad we win but me eh ready to drink Maturana cool aid yet.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:09 AM »
Fire Pacho!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »

I am always happy when T&T win.

Yuh see dat Frico....yeah is ah twin island state OK??.....

Oh and yeah I ALWAYS happy when Trinidad AND TOBAGO wins, no matter who coaching.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 04:06:32 AM »
Frico you should go into politics you come out with your grand sweeping statement how Wim wouldnt pick local players blah blah blah......Tallman then come hit your bullship with two torpedo and yuh change your tune and just discount that.

get serious nah man go on www.weareimps.com
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 05:17:12 AM »

If we make de Hex like in 2002 I'd be happy.... 8)

even if we implode same way at the end ?

In recent history T&T does start off shaky and finish strong. Whenever we start off strong we pop down bad like corn at the end. So I just wary.

The question is whether this was the strong start of if Bermuda was the shaky one...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 06:02:08 AM »
I really dont know what you fellas want Maturana to do,he,so far has done quite a good job and it could have been better if we had the use of our overseas pros,I would be stupid to deny that, although you all may still think I am stupid.I can live with that coz we are all not perfect,sometimes sports can bring out too much emotions and we sometimes  say things that we regret.Let us just suppose that there was a blacklist and JW was pulling the strings as was suspected by many on this board,wouldn't you say that it has worked to our advantage.Just look at some of the results he has got against teams that usually beat us.Some post have mentioned about "wait till we come up against Guatemala and such,well with a bit of luck Guatemala should have beaten USA last night and to be honest we are always playing catch up to the Central Americans,before Maturana took over I could have gaurenteed you that would have been beaten by Jamaica,Haiti,El Salvador and even Guadeloupe.Wim was taking us down a slippery slope,slowly I may add.Again let me say how pleased I am for the local boys and although I am happy with our win which I predicted even without Stern and Carlos,I am not going mad bout it.We still have to fight to get to the Hex.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 06:13:06 AM »
Big Up Brown Sugar- Tobago boy made us proud- Trinidad & Tobago. I looked at the USAvs Guatemala game . The Guatemalans fast , rough, all man running for 90 minutes and try the normal psychological tactics to get players red carded. I hope the coaching staff look at this game.
 The El Salvador experience would have helped but this is another ball game.
 Maturana's true test is after that game.
 We need to secure our points at home. Having said that we played well in Cuba. Congratulations to Everyone.
 Now let's add Julius James- Scotland- Carlos Sealy- and Stern to the mix
 Hex here we come

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 06:42:42 AM »

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

hyland got a cap for wim so did silas
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 07:17:57 AM »
I really dont know what you fellas want Maturana to do,he,so far has done quite a good job and it could have been better if we had the use of our overseas pros,I would be stupid to deny that, although you all may still think I am stupid.I can live with that coz we are all not perfect,sometimes sports can bring out too much emotions and we sometimes  say things that we regret.Let us just suppose that there was a blacklist and JW was pulling the strings as was suspected by many on this board,wouldn't you say that it has worked to our advantage.Just look at some of the results he has got against teams that usually beat us.Some post have mentioned about "wait till we come up against Guatemala and such,well with a bit of luck Guatemala should have beaten USA last night and to be honest we are always playing catch up to the Central Americans,before Maturana took over I could have gaurenteed you that would have been beaten by Jamaica,Haiti,El Salvador and even Guadeloupe.Wim was taking us down a slippery slope,slowly I may add.Again let me say how pleased I am for the local boys and although I am happy with our win which I predicted even without Stern and Carlos,I am not going mad bout it.We still have to fight to get to the Hex.

Under Maturana we have played Guadeloupe, El Salvador (twice), Jamaica (twice), Grenada, Barbados, England, Bermuda (twice), Guyana, Netherlands Antilles, Haiti (twice), and Cuba. Out of all of those countries, the only one that you can say used to beat us regularly was El Salvador, which stopped when we drew 0-0 with them in El Salvador under Wim. Netherlands Antilles has only beaten us once, and that was in 1969. Guadeloupe has only beaten us once, and that was in 1989. Last time Grenada beat us was in 1997. Last time Barbados beat us was in 1997. Before Maturana, de last time Bermuda beat us was in 1989. Last time Guyana beat us was in 1950. Before Maturana, we had only lost twice to Cuba in 11 outings. Jamaica and Haiti have always been close.

Under Wim, we played El Salvador twice (1 loss and 1 draw). The draw was obtained in El Salvador, which was the first time we earned a point in Central America since Strike Squad days. We played Haiti three times (2 wins and 1 loss). We earned a 2-2 draw against Guadeloupe in Guadeloupe after being 2-0 down. We didn't play Jamaica during Wim's tenure.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 07:32:18 AM »

Under Maturana we have played Guadeloupe, El Salvador (twice), Jamaica (twice), Grenada, Barbados, England, Bermuda (twice), Guyana, Netherlands Antilles, Haiti (twice), and Cuba. Out of all of those countries, the only one that you can say used to beat us regularly was El Salvador, which stopped when we drew 0-0 with them in El Salvador under Wim. Netherlands Antilles has only beaten us once, and that was in 1969. Guadeloupe has only beaten us once, and that was in 1989. Last time Grenada beat us was in 1997. Last time Barbados beat us was in 1997. Before Maturana, de last time Bermuda beat us was in 1989. Last time Guyana beat us was in 1950. Before Maturana, we had only lost twice to Cuba in 11 outings. Jamaica and Haiti have always been close.

Under Wim, we played El Salvador twice (1 loss and 1 draw). The draw was obtained in El Salvador, which was the first time we earned a point in Central America since Strike Squad days. We played Haiti three times (2 wins and 1 loss). We earned a 2-2 draw against Guadeloupe in Guadeloupe after being 2-0 down. We didn't play Jamaica during Wim's tenure.

Keep on keepin it real fuh dem Tallest.... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 08:00:54 AM »

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

hyland got a cap for wim so did silas

Hyland and Keon Daniel were called up by Wim and they even made the trip to Guadeloupe, but they did not feature in the match. There were also times when Wim wanted Hyland but dat whole Jabloteh bacchanal was tkaing place.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »

And Tallman cracks it to the boundary for four!!  :devil:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 08:38:16 AM »
dam might be a six !!

I waiting for spin doctor Frico reply
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana & Corneal
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »
Awrite Tallman I respect your ability to throw some facts at me but I feel you are missing the point,I am aware of those results that you have pointed out,now if Wim was capable of getting those results here is the big deal,why did he always put down our local players,he was paid millions to improve those boys that are now doing so well.When was the last time we went to Jamaica and get a 2-2 draw with little boys when Jamaica brought out all their big guns.We were also robbed of a win in Trinidad against the same Jamaica.I think those results against Jamaica alone proved that Maturana is doing something right.RESPECT!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana & Corneal
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »
Awrite Tallman I respect your ability to throw some facts at me but I feel you are missing the point,I am aware of those results that you have pointed out,now if Wim was capable of getting those results here is the big deal,why did he always put down our local players,he was paid millions to improve those boys that are now doing so well.When was the last time we went to Jamaica and get a 2-2 draw with little boys when Jamaica brought out all their big guns.We were also robbed of a win in Trinidad against the same Jamaica.I think those results against Jamaica alone proved that Maturana is doing something right.RESPECT!

De 2-2 draw against Jamaica was a great result, and the boys never gave up, but we did not by any stretch of de imagination play well. Just last year we came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Guatemala, and we played with 10 men for over an hour, and we could have won it at the death. Also, as I mentioned before, we came from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 with Guadeloupe in Guadeloupe, and we drew 0-0 with El Salvador. Maturana try out all kinda players, but when de stakes get high he end up using ah setta de same players dat Wim was using.

What ah getting at, is dat de arguments to support de notion dat Wim was ah goat and ah hound are unfounded when yuh talking about football, results, team selection etc. What it boils down to is de man had no charisma, and probably no tact, personality and people skills. But wit all de talk Wim talk in de media, he give all kinda man de debut, call back men who didn't sweat in ah long time, as well as men who had sporadic caps. He regularly attended Pro League games to see what was on offer. A lot of people jes doh like de man, or never care fuh him. Is ah simple case of dey blood eh take him. Eh nutten wrong wid dat. I mehself never rate Porterfield, although he was our best ever coach statistics-wise, but ah cyar back it up with facts. I jes feel dat most if not all de good results he got was as a result of de tightly knit team dat Bertille built, but I cyar prove dat, is jes how ah feel.

At de end of de day Maturana and Wim are/were operating under a different set of conditions.

I just want to see our football progress, not just de senior team, but all facets.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:12:02 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>