April 19, 2024, 10:26:01 AM

Author Topic: Maturana & Corneal  (Read 7742 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana & Corneal
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
Awrite Tallman I respect your ability to throw some facts at me but I feel you are missing the point,I am aware of those results that you have pointed out,now if Wim was capable of getting those results here is the big deal,why did he always put down our local players,he was paid millions to improve those boys that are now doing so well.When was the last time we went to Jamaica and get a 2-2 draw with little boys when Jamaica brought out all their big guns.We were also robbed of a win in Trinidad against the same Jamaica.I think those results against Jamaica alone proved that Maturana is doing something right.RESPECT!

If they not good they not good, what wrong with saying that? He still got things done under duress. Look Maturana eh saying nothing, what is the difference? Look how Capello getting grilled and have to answer question and defend his tactyics, yet we cannot get a word from Maturana, not a peep. Does that mean he think the locals are the good? We will see the team selection vs USA pretty soon and the result from it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
Awrite Tallman I respect your ability to throw some facts at me but I feel you are missing the point,I am aware of those results that you have pointed out,now if Wim was capable of getting those results here is the big deal,why did he always put down our local players,he was paid millions to improve those boys that are now doing so well.When was the last time we went to Jamaica and get a 2-2 draw with little boys when Jamaica brought out all their big guns.We were also robbed of a win in Trinidad against the same Jamaica.I think those results against Jamaica alone proved that Maturana is doing something right.RESPECT!

De 2-2 draw against Jamaica was a great result, and the boys never gave up, but we did not by any stretch of de imagination play well. Just last year we came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Guatemala, and we played with 10 men for over an hour, and we could have won it at the death. Also, as I mentioned before, we came from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 with Guadeloupe in Guadeloupe, and we drew 0-0 with El Salvador. Maturana try out all kinda players, but when de stakes get high he end up using ah setta de same players dat Wim was using.

What ah getting at, is dat de arguments to support de notion dat Wim was ah goat and ah hound are unfounded when yuh talking about football, results, team selection etc. What it boils down to is de man had no charisma, and probably no tact, personality and people skills. But wit all de talk Wim talk in de media, he give all kinda man de debut, call back men who didn't sweat in ah long time, as well as men who had sporadic caps. He regularly attended Pro League games to see what was on offer. A lot of people jes doh like de man, or never care fuh him. Is ah simple case of dey blood eh take him. Eh nutten wrong wid dat. I mehself never rate Porterfield, although he was our best ever coach statistics-wise, but ah cyar back it up with facts. I jes feel dat most if not all de good results he got was as a result of de tightly knit team dat Bertille built, but I cyar prove dat, is jes how ah feel.

At de end of de day Maturana and Wim are/were operating under a different set of conditions.

I just want to see our football progress, not just de senior team, but all facets.

The Gatekeeper has spoken !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »

De 2-2 draw against Jamaica was a great result, and the boys never gave up, but we did not by any stretch of de imagination play well. Just last year we came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Guatemala, and we played with 10 men for over an hour, and we could have won it at the death. Also, as I mentioned before, we came from 2 goals down to draw 2-2 with Guadeloupe in Guadeloupe, and we drew 0-0 with El Salvador. Maturana try out all kinda players, but when de stakes get high he end up using ah setta de same players dat Wim was using.

What ah getting at, is dat de arguments to support de notion dat Wim was ah goat and ah hound are unfounded when yuh talking about football, results, team selection etc. What it boils down to is de man had no charisma, and probably no tact, personality and people skills. But wit all de talk Wim talk in de media, he give all kinda man de debut, call back men who didn't sweat in ah long time, as well as men who had sporadic caps. He regularly attended Pro League games to see what was on offer. A lot of people jes doh like de man, or never care fuh him. Is ah simple case of dey blood eh take him. Eh nutten wrong wid dat. I mehself never rate Porterfield, although he was our best ever coach statistics-wise, but ah cyar back it up with facts. I jes feel dat most if not all de good results he got was as a result of de tightly knit team dat Bertille built, but I cyar prove dat, is jes how ah feel.

At de end of de day Maturana and Wim are/were operating under a different set of conditions.

I just want to see our football progress, not just de senior team, but all facets.

Boss post Tallman.  I can't understand why many folks on the Forum cannot accept that when talking about Wim and Maturana we are comparing apples and oranges with respect to the support given by TTFF, the timing of games, players availability for selection, the actual performance on the field, and the media being able to quote the coach.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

I wish I was allowed to put all dat as mih signature.

AMEN!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:36 PM »

:applause:

BOSS post dere Tallman. Yuh take the words right out of my mouth.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana&Corneal
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »
One question,allyuh happy Trinidad win or sad?

I am always happy when T&T win.

Yuh see dat Frico....yeah is ah twin island state OK??.....

Oh and yeah I ALWAYS happy when Trinidad AND TOBAGO wins, no matter who coaching.... :beermug:
  CORRECT !!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »
meat riders

cause most ah allyuh was bashin wim too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »
Tallman,
               You are right. At the end of the Maturana and Wim are/were working under different conditions.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
I now feel that I have to concede this arguement is a lost cause on my part judging by how everyone seems to agree with you...Tallman,fair enough you win on this MB.I now get the feeling that the majority of people do not want Maturana and Corneal to carry on with the job of trying to take us to SA,if that is the case,what is your considered opinion.In my humble opinion Maturana  and to a lesser extent Corneal should remain in their present positions,but thats me.Maybe you are aware of more info than I am coz I live in England and may not always have all the facts.REGARDS.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »
I now feel that I have to concede this arguement is a lost cause on my part judging by how everyone seems to agree with you...Tallman,fair enough you win on this MB.I now get the feeling that the majority of people do not want Maturana and Corneal to carry on with the job of trying to take us to SA,if that is the case,what is your considered opinion.In my humble opinion Maturana  and to a lesser extent Corneal should remain in their present positions,but thats me.Maybe you are aware of more info than I am coz I live in England and may not always have all the facts.REGARDS.

Maturana/Corneal may possibly take us to SA. But Wim would definitely have had our bags packed. He is a much better coach than Mat and Corn put together.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »
My contribution to this thread has nothing to do with whether or not our current technical staff should be allowed to continue in their position. It has nothing to do with building them up or breaking them down. The goal was merely to look objectively at the the present and former regime, and keep things in perspective, without the emotions. Present the data, after which we can draw our own conclusions.

Me eh care who running de program. I jes want our football to reach de heights dat is warranted after 100 years. I want more football, more accountability, more responsibility, more transparency, more professionalism, more planning, more caring, less politics, less ego, less personal agendas, less ulterior motives. Play de game right.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2008, 06:40:16 PM »
My contribution to this thread has nothing to do with whether or not our current technical staff should be allowed to continue in their position. It has nothing to do with building them up or breaking them down. The goal was merely to look objectively at the the present and former regime, and keep things in perspective, without the emotions. Present the data, after which we can draw our own conclusions.

Me eh care who running de program. I jes want our football to reach de heights dat is warranted after 100 years. I want more football, more accountability, more responsibility, more transparency, more professionalism, more planning, more caring, less politics, less ego, less personal agendas, less ulterior motives. Play de game right.

Jack,

Read this post by Tallman and take heed.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »

Thank you very much Tallman
Much respect
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »

Who say Tall Man for TTFF President?  ;D And Flex too
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2008, 08:48:20 PM »
Arrite Frico we get yuh point.  Yuh wrong and strong...now go and get some sleep.  Walk away because everybody dat post in dis thread, yuh go give meaning to it and say man out to get yuh.  Walk away.

Offline look at ting now!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 10:37:17 PM »
jus to give me lil 2 pence. I think that the Mat man has more time with the team than Wim did, and he had to not only prepare the best team possible but it was also necessary to get the best players at his disposal to get the job done. That said if he had used local players who had no track record as against the foreign based players in the likes of Dwight, Edwards etc. who had overly proved their capability and experience then it would have been an uphill climb.
The Mat man has experimented since he has come in and showed along the way the progress needed in his coaching skills and in getting the job done. Yes, I agree not to everyone's liking but if one takes a careful look we will see a progressively interesting build up. The guys have gained much more confidence in themselves and that is a BIG plus for local based players. The Mat man eh so bad after all. But we have to wait still to see if we can reach the summit. Time will tell.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 07:53:46 AM »
I now feel that I have to concede this arguement is a lost cause on my part judging by how everyone seems to agree with you...Tallman,fair enough you win on this MB.I now get the feeling that the majority of people do not want Maturana and Corneal to carry on with the job of trying to take us to SA

That has nothing to do with this discussion frico. The fact was u were comparing Maturana and Wim and suggesting that based on the results Maturana had done so much better, when that absolutely wasn't the case. Tallman just showed that as far as results were concerned, they both have a very similar track record, and Mats so far has had a lot more support and players available to him than Wim. So based on the criteria u mentioned, we really not doing any better or worse thus far. Your argument just wasnt based on fact.

Personally, I doh have an opinion either way about Maturana, and I feel Corneal pushin his own players/agenda. But at the end of the day like Tallman say, we just want the team to play the football we know they can. Play it right.

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 02:20:07 PM »
Keep them honest Tallman. At the end of the day we want to win as well as see an improvement in our play. We want to know that we are competitive and that in Concacaf we can hold down one of the three spots. My concern is - Is there a maturana style that is different from Bennie/ Whim. Or is it the one man in front, the new way to go and hoping for a break in a counter attackmode.
 I am going by what I hear on the radio . It seems that we are soaking up too much pressure and look vulnerable until we play with two men up front, which is normally 60 minutes in the game.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »
Couple things:

The 4-5-1, although not pretty, has been working for T&T.

The lone striker up front isn't really one man up front, it is actually more like 3 attacking players when you consider the two attacking mids when the team going forward or on counter attack. I think dais the idea.

T&T needs to bolster the mid field and the 5 man midfield helps us. We are conceeding fewer goals, and when we are concede we do so later not earlier.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »
Watch  how the US will exploit that 4-5-1 with a basic 3-4-3.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana&Corneal
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
One question,allyuh happy Trinidad win or sad?

I am always happy when T&T win. I will reserve mih humble pie dinner when we handle the non caribbean opposition.

Remember the 2002 campaign eh...

True dat we have bigger fish to fry before we get to the hex so monitor the situation, but to say leave out the overseas player is the wrong move, at some point that experience is needed and kenwayne, scotland, stern, edwards will have their role to play, plus we still need to strengthen that midfield

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »
With every formation harbors transformation___from defense to offense and
vise-versa, before we condem one lets give it tiime. All the hype about Bennie and Whim, Pancho and Anton...gesh fellars give it a rest..talking to Latas he expressed that he was never fond of Bennie's style, yet he gave in and become a true team player despite his personal feelings...some of us need to do the same.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions let's keep it respectful.

Peace.

1]; } ?>