April 28, 2024, 04:28:46 PM

Author Topic: Words Cannot Express My Pride In Being The One To Post This  (Read 17868 times)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Words Cannot Express My Pride In Being The One To Post This
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »
I'm not conflating the issue - Ato said you could celebrate how much you want before and after the event and not during. His was during the event. Ato didn't talk about degree and all that in his statement on the Bolt issue.

Anyways I care not enough about this issue to fight on it.

On a funny note, here's Scott Van Pelt (from ESPN sportscenter) on his podcast talking about the issue and trying to do a Jamaican accent! Hilarious.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=3546011

(It's at the beginning of the podcast)

That really was hilarious!!  but he made is point!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
As I said before, I am so happy that the vast majority of the world doesn't share the same opinion of a small group of sanctimonious fools. Not just that, it is the manner of their criticism. Don't deride a man you know nothing about on primetime. Did anyone speak to Bolt about that before ? Find out his views? You don't do that to a man. I am totally digusted by this whole thing and then man coming saying they have pride at posting article. Wow. My message to Bolt is to continue doing your thing and celebrate EVEN MORE if you get the chance. The world will love you even more for it. Don't worry with the deluded few.

Someone, somewhere posted a video of an interview with him after the race and asked about it.  He made it clear that he didn't come to break a record.  He came to win at the Olympics.  Who vex lorse!!  He was very respectful and pleasant and it is clear that he has no ill-will and ill-intent. 

Jealousy and envy does come in many colours, not only green.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
As I said before, I am so happy that the vast majority of the world doesn't share the same opinion of a small group of sanctimonious fools. Not just that, it is the manner of their criticism. Don't deride a man you know nothing about on primetime. Did anyone speak to Bolt about that before ? Find out his views? You don't do that to a man. I am totally digusted by this whole thing and then man coming saying they have pride at posting article. Wow. My message to Bolt is to continue doing your thing and celebrate EVEN MORE if you get the chance. The world will love you even more for it. Don't worry with the deluded few.
Someone, somewhere posted a video of an interview with him after the race and asked about it.  He made it clear that he didn't come to break a record.  He came to win at the Olympics.  Who vex lorse!!  He was very respectful and pleasant and it is clear that he has no ill-will and ill-intent. 
Jealousy and envy does come in many colours, not only green.
Yes I also saw that interview where he said that
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
Ah say it before ah goh say it again....if he was from the US dis would have been a non-issue....

I am no athlete, just a spectator looking on in awe at what Usain accomplished.  So I am certianly in no position to comment on whether or not he was being disrespectful.  So through my innocent spectator's eyes, I saw it as a man simply enjoying himself on the world stage....

I remember back in my high school days there was this particular runner who was so friggin fast, that men used to shake in dey running shoes to run in a race with him.  In one particular track meet, he was way ahead, he stopped, called the others to "hurry up, hurry up" and then took off running again and of course finish first by a mile.....the move was the talk of school for days.....and look I still remember that.  To me it was pure entertainment. 
I eh know if it alright to compare a mere school meet to an Olympic event, but isn't the basic tenet supposed to be the same??.....be the best at what you do and try to have fun while you are at it??

That's all Bolt seems to be about having fun.  Maybe we have forgotten that aspect of sports....be in it to win but have fun while you are at it......

Also, that part about him not congratulating his fellow competitiors cyar be right....I saw him congratulate Thompson and they took a picture together.  So what's the issue then, that he didn't do it as soon as the race was over....jeez and ages!!....steups!!

THANK YOU BOLT FOR MAKING THIS OLYMPICS ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE IN RECENT HISTORY....and celebrate in any damn fashion yuh want!!....cuz....

Ah love it!!

Brown Sugar...I'd like to ask you something just out of curiousity. What was the reaction of the adults who witnessed that event? Teachers, coaches, parents, etc. What was their take on what that young man did?

I can't remember any "elders" taking issue with it......if any one spoke to him directly I will never know.  All I remember is the general consensus being, that his antics was entertaining.......nothing more, nothing less.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »
Before you embark on calling people "fools" and what not... and some how claim to know the mindset of "the vast majority of the world"... it may pay for you to expand your horizons and bit more before the pillar of 'sanctimony' imbue to others fall squarely on your head.  There have been many who have similarly responded on blogs and sundry websites in opposition to the celebration.  No one is attacking Bolt personally, yet apparently the corn has fallen so squarely in your yard that you run like a hungry fowl to devour it.

In the same vein people who are complaining that "had he been American this would not have been an issue", are either being disingenuine, or willfully ignorant of reality... seeing that Americans have been rightly condemned for similar celebrations in the past.

Reading and comprehension. Obviously not your forte. Non one is attacking Bolt personally? The criticism goes to the heart of who he is as a person. You do not sit in a studio with a prime time audience and impart your value system without the accused having a chance to respond. That is the true travesty. The good thing this is that much of the world's media has come to Bolt's defence and criticised Rogge for his unfortunate comments and unwillingness to understand that his perceptions are not global neither do they fly in the face of the so called 'olympic spirit'.

Bolt is what athletics needs at this point. A refreshing, carefree spirit. What he did in the 100m made the feat all the more remarkable. Good for the youngster.Continue to do what you want to do, give these folks some more to talk about. Once you're on top thats how people behave.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »
Ah say it before ah goh say it again....if he was from the US dis would have been a non-issue....

I am no athlete, just a spectator looking on in awe at what Usain accomplished.  So I am certianly in no position to comment on whether or not he was being disrespectful.  So through my innocent spectator's eyes, I saw it as a man simply enjoying himself on the world stage....

I remember back in my high school days there was this particular runner who was so friggin fast, that men used to shake in dey running shoes to run in a race with him.  In one particular track meet, he was way ahead, he stopped, called the others to "hurry up, hurry up" and then took off running again and of course finish first by a mile.....the move was the talk of school for days.....and look I still remember that.  To me it was pure entertainment. 
I eh know if it alright to compare a mere school meet to an Olympic event, but isn't the basic tenet supposed to be the same??.....be the best at what you do and try to have fun while you are at it??

That's all Bolt seems to be about having fun.  Maybe we have forgotten that aspect of sports....be in it to win but have fun while you are at it......

Also, that part about him not congratulating his fellow competitiors cyar be right....I saw him congratulate Thompson and they took a picture together.  So what's the issue then, that he didn't do it as soon as the race was over....jeez and ages!!....steups!!

THANK YOU BOLT FOR MAKING THIS OLYMPICS ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE IN RECENT HISTORY....and celebrate in any damn fashion yuh want!!....cuz....

Ah love it!!

Brown Sugar...I'd like to ask you something just out of curiousity. What was the reaction of the adults who witnessed that event? Teachers, coaches, parents, etc. What was their take on what that young man did?

I can't remember any "elders" taking issue with it......if any one spoke to him directly I will never know.  All I remember is the general consensus being, that his antics was entertaining.......nothing more, nothing less.....

Cool :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
Reading and comprehension. Obviously not your forte. Non one is attacking Bolt personally? The criticism goes to the heart of who he is as a person. You do not sit in a studio with a prime time audience and impart your value system without the accused having a chance to respond. That is the true travesty. The good thing this is that much of the world's media has come to Bolt's defence and criticised Rogge for his unfortunate comments and unwillingness to understand that his perceptions are not global neither do they fly in the face of the so called 'olympic spirit'.

Bolt is what athletics needs at this point. A refreshing, carefree spirit. What he did in the 100m made the feat all the more remarkable. Good for the youngster.Continue to do what you want to do, give these folks some more to talk about. Once you're on top thats how people behave.

The time has come to dispatch with civility...

You's a kinda cunt or what?  Did you hear anybody attribute the celebrations to some failing in his character yuh dunce??  In fact people have gone out of their way to attribute the celebrations to youthful exuberance... even in that same broadcast that is what was stressed.  It was not a personal attack on Usain Bolt, they just questioned the propriety of his actions at the time.  To listen to your histrionic ass you'd swear they sat up there, repudiated him and called him all manner of names... which is precisely the implication of your hormonal rant.

All this shit talk about "value system" and accused not having chance to respond ... yuh think is ah friggin court of law we dealing with?  People simply sharing opinions on the issue... but as usual all it takes is some jackass to come with some manner of utter fuckery, talking about people judging Bolt in "prime time"... and now that is because ah 'jealousy'.  People does too easily let dey emotions lead dem to talk ah pack ah blasted shit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:07:46 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2008, 09:21:29 PM »

The time has come to dispatch with civility...

You's a kinda cunt or what?  Did you hear anybody attribute the celebrations to some failing in his character yuh dunce??  In fact people have gone out of their way to attribute the celebrations to youthful exuberance... even in that same broadcast that is what was stressed.  It was not a personal attack on Usain Bolt, they just questioned the propriety of his actions at the time.  To listen to your histrionic ass you'd swear they sat up there, repudiated him and called him all manner of names... which is precisely the implication of your hormonal rant.

All this shit talk about "value system" and accused not having chance to respond ... yuh think is ah friggin court of law we dealing with?  People simply sharing opinions on the issue... but as usual all it takes is some jackass to come with some manner of utter fuckery, talking about people judging Bolt in "prime time"... and now that is because ah 'jealousy'.  People does too easily let dey emotions lead dem to talk ah pack ah blasted shit.

It is very unfortunate that you have gone down this road and shown your true colours. Surely there is no need for that type of language, but you see it differently. I shall not go down to your level. Suffice it to say that I've made my views clear and you have yours. Big up to all the forumites who still embrace civility. This guy like he vex, lol. Oh well, big up Bolt, Thompson, and all the other athletes out there who doing their thing. Keep doing what you doing guys.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »

It is very unfortunate that you have gone down this road and shown your true colours. Surely there is no need for that type of language, but you see it differently. I shall not go down to your level. Suffice it to say that I've made my views clear and you have yours. Big up to all the forumites who still embrace civility. This guy like he vex, lol. Oh well, big up Bolt, Thompson, and all the other athletes out there who doing their thing. Keep doing what you doing guys.

It is unfortunate yuh didn't consider this moral high road yuh now pretending trod on before you started with your references to "fools" and yuh "reading and comprehension" talk.  Scarecrow shouldn't play with fire.

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »

It is unfortunate yuh didn't consider this moral high road yuh now pretending trod on before you started with your references to "fools" and yuh "reading and comprehension" talk.  Scarecrow shouldn't play with fire.

Lady, I gave my opinion jes like you and everyone else here. It was obvious to me that your rant came about because I said reading and comprehension is not your forte. You just vex. Lol. So much so that you chose to show us the limit of your vocabulary. I talking about those who pontificate without what I deem a valid base and you carrying on yourself like dey can't defend themselves if they care to. How you reach in there I will never know. Conduct yourself like a big woman cause your immaturity is obvious.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »
Lady, I gave my opinion jes like you and everyone else here. It was obvious to me that your rant came about because I said reading and comprehension is not your forte. You just vex. Lol. So much so that you chose to show us the limit of your vocabulary. I talking about those who pontificate without what I deem a valid base and you carrying on yourself like dey can't defend themselves if they care to. How you reach in there I will never know. Conduct yourself like a big woman cause your immaturity is obvious.

I am now convinced that you have spent the greater part of your life with your head so firmly esconced up your ass that it has not only clouded your perception of reality, but simultaneously afflicted you with a penchant for spouting shit as well.

Seems that you are gender-conflicted... either that or you don't know a genuine woman when you encounter one.  I bet the only nanny you've ever seen is the one that stares back at you when you look in the mirror.  Whatever the case, you are more than welcome to keep consoling yourself with deluded thoughts about my maturity level and vocabulary range.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:32:09 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »

I am now convinced that you have spent the greater part of your life with your head so firmly esconced up your ass that it has not only clouded your perception of reality, but simultaneously afflicted you with a penchant for spouting shit.

Seems that you are gender-conflicted... either that or you don't know a genuine woman when you encounter one.  I bet the only nanny you've ever seen is the one that stares back at you when you look in the mirror.  Whatever the case, you are more than welcome to keep consoling yourself with deluded thoughts about my maturity level and vocabulary range.
nah  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »

I am now convinced that you have spent the greater part of your life with your head so firmly esconced up your ass that it has not only clouded your perception of reality, but simultaneously afflicted you with a penchant for spouting shit.

LOL, ok I guess this rant is because you aren't a woman. Something was said in an earlier post that gave me that impression. I apologise if I have your gender mixed up as it seems I do. Regardless to what you've said about the name, afterall that is who you are cussing and talking to, nothing more than a name as you know nothing about me, let me say this. I have no problem with you whatsoever, I have never addressed you in any way before you addressed me. My posts have been in relation to those commentators (both press and association affiliated) who have criticised Bolt. I'm not sure why you've chosen to respond to my post but I ask you and everyone else to keep things civil. Lets share our opinions without animosity in the name of furthering this great sport we love. I've mentioned those persons by name several times in my previous posts who I thought were unfair to the youngster. Check back if you wish and you'll see a certain Mr. Costas' name come up more than once.

So all the best to you and let's keep this thing on the topic, I certainly don't mind a constuctive argument.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:32:55 PM by jw107 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2008, 10:38:04 PM »

LOL, ok I guess this rant is because you aren't a woman. Something was said in an earlier post that gave me that impression. I apologise if I have your gender mixed up as it seems I do. Regardless to what you've said about the name, afterall that is who you are cussing and talking to, nothing more than a name as you know nothing about me, let me say this. I have no problem with you whatsoever, I have never addressed you in any way before you addressed me. My posts have been in relation to those commentators (both press and association affiliated) who have criticised Bolt. I'm not sure why you've chosen to respond to my post but I ask you and everyone else to keep things civil. Lets share our opinions without animosity in the name of furthering this great sport we love. I've mentioned those persons by name several times in my previous posts who I thought were unfair to the youngster. Check back if you wish and you'll see a certain Mr. Costas' name come up more than once.

So all the best to you and let's keep this thing on the topic, I certainly don't mind a constuctive argument.

Go team TnT

lol

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »

Go team TnT

lol

Good. LOL.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »
jw107 yah must  come and check we in the heavyweight boxing section too.

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2008, 10:53:09 PM »
jw107 yah must  come and check we in the heavyweight boxing section too.

No prob man, I go check allyuh soon.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2008, 10:59:18 PM »
yeah man

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 12:38:47 AM »
The worst part of this is that I am paid to give my opinion of all aspects of this games, and 99% of them have been received well, but this one thing seems to be tearing apart all unity - the TNT v JAM hatred and stupid talk is in full swing all over the internet

>:(
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2008, 04:34:05 AM »
The worst part of this is that I am paid to give my opinion of all aspects of this games, and 99% of them have been received well, but this one thing seems to be tearing apart all unity - the TNT v JAM hatred and stupid talk is in full swing all over the internet

As I said, I though you made and error, but you are one of us and I know you are not a "hater". I dont have any issue with you, except that you should not have fed the fire (these things take on a life of their own). It was just one opinion and right or wrong, no major harm there. We move on as family. We know how well you have served the region in the past and we are proud to have one of us represented in the heart of Babylon. LoL

However, Rogge is another kettle of fish.

He was out of line with his condescending action. Abuse of his bully-pit.

TnT and Jam cool. Yeah, you have banter, but that is soon forgotten.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »
What Rogge have to say about this.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/raised-eyebrows-over-gb-relay-taunts-906043.htm

Raised eyebrows over GB relay taunts

PA
Friday, 22 August 2008
Rooney taunts the Bahamas and Jamaica before crossing the line

Rooney taunts the Bahamas and Jamaica before crossing the line

The men's relay team have defended their over zealous celebrations as they came first in the 4x400m relay heat.

The women's relay took place first and Olympic champion Christine Ohuruogu almost cost Britain a place in the final of the 4x400 metres relay in Beijing.

Ohuruogu ran the final leg in the Bird's Nest stadium and took over in second place behind Russia after good runs by Nicola Sanders, heptathlete Kelly Sotherton and 800m specialist Marilyn Okoro.

With the top three in each semi-final qualifying automatically, Ohuruogu looked to have an easy task but almost took it too easy on the home straight as the Russian quartet strode to victory.

Ohuruogu then let Cuba's Indira Terrero go past and was almost caught by Germany's Claudia Hoffmann before looking up at the big screen and putting in a vital late burst to finish third in three minutes 25.48 seconds.

"I was just told to qualify so I was taking it easy but I didn't see the German," Ohuruogu admitted.

Sotherton, in the side after Lee McConnell was forced to pull out with a quad muscle tear, added: "I felt that was a very sensible race for me. I set a pretty good pace.

"I was petrified getting the baton from Nicola and passing it on to Marilyn but I think we'll step it up tomorrow. I'm only in the team because Lee is not able to compete and I hope I've done her justice."

In the men's event, the quartet of Andrew Steele, Robert Tobin, Michael Bingham and individual finalist Martyn Rooney cruised into the final by winning the second semi-final in the fastest time of 2:59.33.

However, Rooney's taunting of the Bahamas and Jamaica before he crossed the line was completely unwarranted and the United States remain hot favourites after winning their semi despite resting individual gold and silver medallists LaShawn Merritt and Jeremy Wariner.

Rooney defended his premature celebrations, saying: "The relay is all about having fun. We are at the Olympics, we are running well, it was a quick time without doing any real work so I enjoyed it.

"The rest of the team are all pretty fresh and left with me very little to do which was what I wanted. It was good fun, tomorrow we are going to bring on our A game and take on the best."

Rooney acknowledged the American quartet are huge favourites but hinted the Jamaican team could spring a surprise by adding Usain Bolt to their line up.

"The Americans have the best team obviously with the first three in the 400m and then it's between us and the Jamaicans, although they might bring in a special guy," he added. "The Russians broke their national record but we are pretty confident."

Jade Johnson produced a highly-consistent series in the long jump final but had to settle for seventh place with a best of 6.64m in the second round.

Brazil's Maurren Maggi led after the opening round with a jump of 7.04m and dramatically held onto the gold medal as defending champion Tatyana Lebedeva jumped 7.03m in the final round.

Blessing Okagbare, who only made the final after Ukraine's Lyudmila Blonska was thrown out of the Games for failing a drugs test, took bronze with a best of 6.91m.

There was yet more baton-changing drama in the final of the women's 4x100m relay with both Britain and hot favourites Jamaica failing to finish.

Both teams made a mess of the second changeover, Montell Douglas failing to get the baton to Emily Freeman - who may have gone off too early - and Sherone Simpson and Kerron Stewart doing the same for the Jamaicans.

That left the Russian quartet clear to take gold ahead of Belgium and Nigeria. l
Smoke and Fly

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »

I don't know.  Ask him and let us know nah!
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2008, 10:12:02 AM »

I dunno if they teach this in public speaking...but there are certain moments in history where what u say will be remembered for decades.
So of all the thoughts in your head worth expressing you have to decide..what should be said and what can wait until later.

I sorry Ato but I think you erred in going along with that fool costas.  That is not what needed to be said at that moment...what make it worse is that the knee jerk scorn was arguably uneccesary considering the nature and intent of the man who just created history.  And to bring talk about children don't do this....BOOOOOO

Hard luck boss....u can be wrong so no need to insult your character but whatever lead u to think it was important to criticize a 21 yr old at that moment...bizarre judgement.
Why de ass u didn't tell them fools yesterday that the reason the US TRack team pop down is because of Balco?  What happened to be honest then.....o a setta rubbish talk about administrative issues.  PLEASE.  I see u was just letting that pass and correct them about this being the best prepared team yada yada....u cud hit Bolt in the gut but not the US.

Steupse

U real hard headed....so I go just laugh everytime u get flush on 96.7 because u knew full well what u were doing and what u were facing.  I guess your shoulders broad but it was still poort taste and poor judgement as far as many level minded people here are concerned.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2008, 10:13:58 AM »

I hope u know for th sake of unity we will have to continue to let people know we don't agree with how and when u said what u did.
It doh matter if u were right...is the timing (and maybe your company).

So take some licks on T&T part...we know u can take it   :devil:
I suppose is too much to ask u say it was bad timing on your part and u apologize (on NBC).  u too hard headed for that!!  And say something about BALCO too to sweeten it and we go be good   :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:17:15 AM by dcs »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »

I don't know.  Ask him and let us know nah!
:devil: :devil:
Good one Pur_Trin
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »

Ato you are hero to me and some one that I will always respect. My son still shows of the photo you took with us outside the stadium after the World Cup game versus England. As far as I am concerned you have earned the right to voice your opinion regardless if it is not in line with some areas within Caribbean main stream.  Doh bother with dem too much, I am sure this bodes well for bigger and better things for you in NBC. :)

One question though, I did not understand your comment on the NBC feed last night attributing the US poor performance in Track and Field to the administration changes in the US as opposed to the rest of the World and more importantly Ja and the Caribbean catching up to and surpassing the US.  This was in the cards for a long time noting the number of Caribbean athletes who have performed well flying the colours of foreign nations.  Also noting the US is the training ground for many of these same athletes so the playing field is actually leveling out. No longer do athletes train in the Queen Park Savannah or the Arima Velodrome or Skinner Park where there are pot holes in the track then fly out for an Olympics. Athletes are being exposed to the same A-Class training techniques and facilities. It was only a matter of time and the juicers of the past knew this hence the reason for using the juice.  If in four years time the Caribbean does not repeat the performance then I would be the first to lead the search for reasons (excuses) within the purview of the US administration to change for their poor performances in 2008 but not now while the games are still going on.  In my humble opinion, the US is being beaten by better athletes.  It was only a matter of time.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
THE USA got the most medals ever last year and this year have underperformed and you say BALCO. Wow. SO why the record haul in 2007 when Balco was long gone already.  Because in your mind that is the timeline?

Anyhow moving right along. UK anchor taunted tonight and I was quick to come down on him way worse than Bolt, and who was he taunting? Jamaica.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:11:59 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »
Not worth starting a whole thread over but is worth mentioning.................

1. (2.) Usain BOLT 86 JAM 1453
2. (1.) Asafa POWELL 82 JAM 1420
3. (15.) Richard THOMPSON 85 TRI 1343 ;D ;D
4. (8.) Marc BURNS 83 TRI 1339
;D ;D
5. (9.) Michael FRATER 82 JAM 1327
6. (4.) Derrick ATKINS 84 BAH 1325
7. (5.) Nesta CARTER 85 JAM 1323
7. (22.) Walter DIX 86 USA 1323
9. (14.) Churandy MARTINA 84 AHO 1321
10. (3.) Tyson GAY
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »

And here In sit in my shoes and wonder and wonder.

Fook it the man ent do no Dale Carnegie course.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
During a national address over the weekend, Prime Minister Bruce Golding said that the island's tourism industry stands to benefit after the Olympics.

"Our Brand Jamaica campaign has been given a priceless springboard because our athletes have name-branded Jamaica," said the prime minister.

Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett told the newspaper last week that he has already met with Chinese tour operators who were all charged up and ready to begin selling Jamaica as a destination.

Schmidt agreed, and added that controversy stemming from Bolt's antics after the races only increased the country's brand recognition in the lucrative North American market.
Bolt was criticised by NBC commentators Bob Costas and Ato Boldon, as well as IOC head Jacques Rogge for showboating during and after his 100 metres victory.
"Brand Jamaica is the biggest winner," noted the Irie FM executive.

"We should also thank Mr Costas, Mr Boldon and Mr Rogge," he continued. "Because of the controversy, Bolt and Jamaica's performances got more play in the US market than it would have gotten otherwise."

1]; } ?>