April 28, 2024, 02:48:57 PM

Author Topic: Beijing Men and Women's 4x100m!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 32928 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beijing Men and Women's 4x100m!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2008, 11:47:21 AM »
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Was Emmanuel Callender on third. Armstrong out with an injury

Fellas this was a FANTASTIC result!

To go in and have to replace two men and still run 38.06 and get and OLYMPIC SILVER is great. I have no problem in admitting this team even with Brown, Armstrong and better passes could not run 37.10 this year

The reality is that Jamaica ran the race you expect from a team with a 9.6, a 9.7 and two 9.9 with good enough passes. This team broke a 16 year old WR by three tenths!

We needed Jamaica to lapse and they weren't going to after they saw what happened to their women

I cannot say enough about what Keston Bledman and Emmanuel Callender did for this country in that race. I know the last exchange cost us but we were second before that! The poor exchange dropped us to 4th but Richard ran like a BEAST! What a stud!

Keston and Emmanuel came off the bench and helped our two Olympic 100m finalists to the second fastest time we have ever run just missing our NR by 0.06. This team would have run our first sub-38 with a better last exchange and we had our two reserves in!

You have to take small steps to where you wanna get and this is only our second Olympic relay medal ever after a 4x400m bronze 44 years ago. Bear in mind this is only our second ever Olympic 4x100m final ever and our first was four years ago. Now that we have tasted two World Silvers and we have proven ourselves in the Olympics with silver we can start thinking gold.

Competition among our sprinters individually is what we are gonna need to build an unbeatable team. Now that Callender and Bledman have Olympic Silver Medals to show for their first outing they are gonna feel like they belong here. A spot on this team is nobody's birthright and every man jack will have to earn their place. We need ALL our guys to improve and competition for a spot on a team that is now a perennial threat is one of the ways to drive up the ante

Really glad Aaron will get his medal too. He it's the least he deserves for throwing out the rule book and grabbing Richards hand to complete that pass yesterday.

Big Ups to our Olympic Team for their efforts this year. After the 20 year post Hasely drought I'll gladly celebrate 7 medals in the last four Olympics ;D

I have to say.. I really enjoy reading your insights on track.  Like most I'm ambivalent towards track, I love it when it hot, indifferent to it when it's not.  Before this year I couldn't even tell you who Richard Thompson was to be honest, but I'm developing a keener appreciation for it, and our performance has generated enough appreciaton in me that I'll continue to root on and support our track athletes from here on.  Thanks to men like yourself, Ato and Aviator for bringing the knowledge  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:39:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2008, 11:52:32 AM »
Anybody hear that China protest Jakan's 1st place position??

As I going out to lunch a co-worker tell mih that but ah eh see nutten here yet??...is true or not??

i heard Great Britain were thinking of protesting about sumthin that happened in d semis. no idea 4 what, even the British commentators seemed confused.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:34 AM »
Anybody hear that China protest Jakan's 1st place position??

As I going out to lunch a co-worker tell mih that but ah eh see nutten here yet??...is true or not??

i hear the same thing from a freind, somebody protest
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »
Came home and watched on delayed highlights.

Dodge ppl, so ah could watch it like it was the first time.

Meh heart skip a beat when ah see Callendar there.

But he ran  a great 3rd leg, dragged us from around 5th to right there behind the J'cans. Ah get real excited when ah saw how he made up ground.

We were never gonna run a 37.1.

Very proud of this effort sans our two starters.

Kinda glad for Asafa he should have an Olymp. medal. And he got a gold.

Great going TT  :beermug:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2008, 02:19:07 PM »
Powell had to earn it like everybody else yes.

Congrats T&T!
And Jamaica....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
I thought that they would only disqualify if mashing the line affect the outcome of the race - but ah could be wrong.....

Just mashing... dai's de international rule.  And yuh only have to do it once tuh merit ah DQ.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »
Split estimates:

Recorded the action from TV so I could catch-up with the action. Couple of angles, some estimates:

Nesta Carter 10.35
Michael Frater 9.03 (19.38)
Usain Bolt 8.95 (28.33)
Asafa Powell 8.77 (37.10)

That's bout as good as the estimates I can produce. Safe change between Carter & Frater so don't be too annoyed at 10.35 and 9.03, they could've been quite quicker (in 10.2x and 8.9x) with better changes. Like I say the numbers above are just estimates

E-Man Callander 9.28 (19.57-28.95).......TnT has a new curve burner !

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
Split estimates:

Recorded the action from TV so I could catch-up with the action. Couple of angles, some estimates:

Nesta Carter 10.35
Usain Bolt 8.95 (28.33)

That's bout as good as the estimates I can produce. Safe change between Carter & Frater so don't be too annoyed at 10.35 and 9.03, they could've been quite quicker (in 10.2x and 8.9x) with better changes. Like I say the numbers above are just estimates

Check dat again cause some bredda on here said that the Trini caught up Bolt.
Smoke and Fly

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
Split estimates:

Nesta Carter 10.35
Usain Bolt 8.95 (28.33)

I looked at the replay and I think he did well but no way did he ketch up on Bolt
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2008, 09:29:35 PM »
Split estimates:

Nesta Carter 10.35
Usain Bolt 8.95 (28.33)

I looked at the replay and I think he did well but no way did he ketch up on Bolt

he done delete de post. So he take back wha he say ...  ;D
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>