April 27, 2024, 03:06:06 AM

Author Topic: Qualifiers Start and everybody looking Good  (Read 1399 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Qualifiers Start and everybody looking Good
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:19:57 AM »
I saw the Jam vs Can game; Canada shooting them self in the foot by playing on Artificial Turf. But I think they might be done and dusted because the go away to Honduras and Mexico which is easily 0 points given the heat and humidity and altitude and the fact that they have little experience in winning in central america.

Jamaica look decent they basically have the same core team so the have the experience.

I picking Jamaica to make it out.

But that will depend on their head to head with Jamaica.

If the Meixco vs Honduras game. Honduras show that they have the players but yet again not the professionalism
Honduras look like Trinidad Pre Benhacker.
Deep in the second half behind 1-0 to honduras Mexico was very relaxed they played a calm game and waited for the goals to come.
Honduras on the other hand keep trying to force the game and paid the price for rash takles and rash defendingnot taking time to clear the ball etc.

Mexico look flat I sorry for Sven they will run him off the continent soon.

If Jamaica can beat mexico at home Mexico will be in some trouble because Honduras will take revenge at home. However Mexico altitude alvantage usually gets them through.
Jamaica home form will be key for this group.

Guat vs US

Guat fight hard but the US some how got the points.

Guat will be a tough test for trinidad they basically have the same squad from last time and if I remember well we needed magic from Latapy and Stern to squeeze out a victory.

They coming hard for revenge and we need to be ready. We need to make additions to the squad to make us stronger, Stern, Scotland and Edwards even if we bringing stern and scotland to start on the bench. We might need a scoring punch off the bench.

We need to let guatemala bring the game to us in POS and hit them on the break. Once we play it cool we can get some chances and if we put it away they will be dead in the water.

a tie would not be the end of the world but a win for us pust them in a troublesome spot.
At the same time if the beat us then we need to get points in Guatemala to get through which is almost impossible.

Beat Guatemala and squeeze a point out of the US should be our aim for the next 2 games.

It is not a forgone conclusion that Guatemala will beat cuba in cuba and the US will beat them at home. The key to qualifiers is to get in front and not be forced into must win games.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Qualifiers Start and everybody looking Good
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:24:42 AM »
Two things KND:

1)Canada plays Honduars in Montreal on match-day 2, not away in Honduras (as i thought previously)
2)The Jamaica squad that went to Canada had a number of debutants....at least 6 guys with less than 5 intl caps, and a number of guys who were playing for the first time in over 5 months. The logic behind all this (from simoes perspective) was that he would be able to work with a predominantly local based team to execute his game plan...seeing he wouldnt have the overseas based players for more than 2 days prior to the game. The likes of Fuller, King etc might be recalled for the back-to-back games next month.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:34:13 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:36:39 AM »
yeah, I agree that everybody lookin good.  guatemala play all kinda nice ball in teh 2nd half and an atrocious piece of defending cause that goal.   real remind me of tnt back in the day.  hope we don't make them kinda silly defensive mistakes when we face US.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:55:51 AM »
RF yes they have new players but the core of the squad has been their for years that is what I was reffering too.

The Key is too key your core 4-5 players and slot in another 5 players as needed due to form, upcoming youngsters etc.

Left Back, 2 central defenders, GK, Forwards, and righ wing all on JA team donkey years now

even men like shelton and wolf I considered as experience because they may not have many wc games under their belt but they been on the team.

but JA did show some new faces on the team that look like they ready so you have some nice additions to the squad.

expect the foreign based like fuller and king to get called back once the foreign league get settle down. Men trying not to miss the start of the season.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
wow....well T&T HERE THEY COME..... guys my opinion...we need and have to beat Guat..no if's or but's....the pressure will be on the Guat....to put out a win in T&T...so they can get back into the race....

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
RF, your #2, he played right back, I think that was his 6th cap but he played well, also Burton had a good game...he held the ball up well and it was very rare that he was dispossessed. The #12 had some nice footwork and embarrass a few men too.
well yes

1]; } ?>