March 28, 2024, 04:34:10 PM

Author Topic: This CARIBBEAN CREDITS thing  (Read 3807 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This CARIBBEAN CREDITS thing
« on: August 22, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »
How allyuh really feel about taking pips for Caribbean dominance in the sprints ???

Notwithstanding the West Indies Cricket Team...

I know plenty people does just want to celebrate something, so once a Caribbean athlete in the medals man does be jumpin and bawling like if TT win something.  Does the rest of the Caribbean feel the same way when T&T win a medal ?  Are we just so starved for success that we does be trying to bite off a lil piece ah somebody else own ?  Kinda like when man does get pips to tell people how they know Lara personally, or he is they third cousin on dey step father side.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This CARIBBEAN CREDITS thing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:09:18 AM »
How allyuh really feel about taking pips for Caribbean dominance in the sprints ???

I know plenty people does just want to celebrate something, so once a Caribbean athlete in the medals man does be jumpin and bawling like if TT win something.  Does the rest of the Caribbean feel the same way when T&T win a medal ?  Are we just so starved for success that we does be trying to bite off a lil piece ah somebody else own ?  Kinda like when man does get pips to tell people how they know Lara personally, or he is they third cousin on dey step father side.

:rotfl: I does laugh when I see trinis taking pips for caribbean dominance...i guess cause we located in the caribbean we must take pips

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »
 Growing up, all us youngsters use to race and talk bout fast like Ato and dem kinda ting. We use to go crazy for Ato in Jamaica. Well, that's before he became best friends with Maurice Greene.
Smoke and Fly

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »
Iz kinda like a family ting.  Yuh does quarrel wid yuh siblings at home but doh let anybody outside test dem, yuh go fight!!! When yuh outside yuh does gravitate tuh people from your region.  Working globally yuh proud of your region too except when people arks yuh if Trinidad is a part of Jamaica.  Ah sure when we make de world cup the Caribbean was taking dem pips too.  We're a fragmented bunch except when we perform good on de world stage.  Ah dont think yuh could deny people taking pips when that happen.  It have too much negative politics for us not to take pips when we region performing.  My Euro 0.02.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
All the news in TT talking about the caribbean dominance and congrats to the Jamaicans, but underneath yuh really hearing...boy I jes wish was we celebrating instead yes dread.

Ten minutes after the race run, Grace Jackson now remember T&T was in the race too....then start to say T&T run a good race, if it wasn't for the fumble at the third handover, they would not have been so far from Asafa Powell, but once Asafa get the baton, is all over.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:45 AM »
All the news in TT talking about the caribbean dominance and congrats to the Jamaicans, but underneath yuh really hearing...boy I jes wish was we celebrating instead yes dread.

Ten minutes after the race run, Grace Jackson now remember T&T was in the race too....then start to say T&T run a good race, if it wasn't for the fumble at the third handover, they would not have been so far from Asafa Powell, but once Asafa get the baton, is all over.

Yeh i was listening to she too..and ah say to mehslef we in de caribbean so we have to take dat lol..cause according to some ppl we all are siblings lol...

Still Congrats to JA..they performed very well
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:53:05 AM by Sando prince »

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »
Congrats to All Caribbean people
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:49:04 AM »
Pardners to answer your question, I honestly think that caribbean people generally feel good when we as a group do well.

I'll reference it to a Jamaican I met in Germany during the world cup.  She was rooting for us with as much gusto as I was rooting for my own team. 
It's probably because we see it as small countries taking on the big ones....David vs. Goliath...and when we chop dem doown we say "good for you!!""....

But ah goh ask a few Caribbean friends for their views.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »
It does just be funny how whenever somebody do something on the world stage, we quick to find out they 'caribbean' roots and want to claim them as we own. 

As a pardner of mine had to say..."When Ben Johnson win gold, he is a caribbean man, when he get ketch for cheating...he is a Jamaican.  When Marion Jones winning, there were claims that she has roots in Belize...she get ketch, she is American.  God forbid, they happen to implicate Bolt in drugs...he go be a Jamaican."

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 11:18:34 AM »
Pardners to answer your question, I honestly think that caribbean people generally feel good when we as a group do well.

I'll reference it to a Jamaican I met in Germany during the world cup.  She was rooting for us with as much gusto as I was rooting for my own team. 
It's probably because we see it as small countries taking on the big ones....David vs. Goliath...and when we chop dem doown we say "good for you!!""....

But ah goh ask a few Caribbean friends for their views.....

Agreed!

We have our inter-island battles...for example this forum, with the Jamaicans and the football side of the site. Constant battle.
But when we have to face the rest of the world, and i'm not speaking only about sports here, we come together as a Caribbean.
Another thing, if Trinidad and Tobago wasn't taking part in the Olympics, I personally think we would have still supported the Jamaicans.....just because...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »

My support for, and appreciation of the success of my fellow caribbean nationals isn't dependent on some expectation of reciprocity on their part.  It's like holding the door open for someone, I don't doing in hopes that they thank me for it... if they do fine.

That said, I dunno how much men on here interact with other caribbean people (Jamaicans especially), but many I know were genuinely happy for and supporting the Warriors when we were in Germany.  Doh let the small-minded talk on here chain people up.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »

My support for, and appreciation of the success of my fellow caribbean nationals isn't dependent on some expectation of reciprocity on their part.  It's like holding the door open for someone, I don't doing in hopes that they thank me for it... if they do fine.

That said, I dunno how much men on here interact with other caribbean people (Jamaicans especially), but many I know were genuinely happy for and supporting the Warriors when we were in Germany.  Doh let the small-minded talk on here chain people up.

Just to add, we way more similar than we are different and only when you are on a trek out in the middle of God knows where and you buck up on the smiling face of a fellow Caribbean native do you get the real sense of kinship that never leaves you.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
Two Jamaicans we bounce up in Dortmund!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »
Ha ha... nice one FF

Ah Love It.© Andre Samuel.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »

I bounce up ah Yardman in Frankfurt rockin ah Warrior Nation T-shirt. Ah ask him where he get dat from. He say he join de club because he wanted tuh support we tuh de maximum.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 03:18:29 PM »
They are family. When I look at the caribbean athletes, they look like people  I see everyday in Trinidad. As Sc**ter does say "Dais yuh family".

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »

I bounce up ah Yardman in Frankfurt rockin ah Warrior Nation T-shirt. Ah ask him where he get dat from. He say he join de club because he wanted tuh support we tuh de maximum.

Sick

Good post by FF as well

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
I am all for congratulating Caribbean brethren but I'm not for taking pips for their accomplishments.

I congratulate Jamaica not only because of what they have achieved but because of the way they have done it. They have put great structure and effort into what they do despite limited financial resources compared to us.

Having said that Jamaica's medals do not count in Trinidad & Tobago's tally. Plain talk...bad manners!

If Jamaica has six gold, three silver and one bronze and we have two silvers and Bahamas one bronze as of writing then that is not a great Olympics for the Caribbean...that's a great Olympics for Jamaica.

As far as the inter-island bantering...I've met angels and assholes from every single island including ours so that is a moot point. You can't judge Caribbean relations based on a few people. I'm cool with all people and some of my best friends in college were from places like Peru, Kenya, France, Nigeria, Ecuador, USA, Cameroon, Bahamas, Turkey, Jamaica, Bahrain, Guatemala, USVI...you get the picture.

My take is if not us then I rather another Caribbean athlete/team gets the bounty simply because they are the ones we are most capable of emulating given our similarities. What we should do though is stop talking about emulating them and actually do it. Otherwise we'll always be sending congratulations up north instead of receiving them
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:12:29 PM by fLaSh »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »
I am all for congratulating Caribbean brethren but I'm not for taking pips for their accomplishments.

I congratulate Jamaica not only because of what they have achieved but because of the way they have done it. They have put great structure and effort into what they do despite limited financial resources compared to us.

Having said that Jamaica's medals do not count in Trinidad & Tobago's tally. Plain talk...bad manners!

If Jamaica has six gold, three silver and one bronze and we have two silvers and Bahamas one bronze as of writing then that is not a great Olympics for the Caribbean...that's a great Olympics for Jamaica.

As far as the inter-island bantering...I've met angels and assholes from every single island including ours so that is a moot point. You can't judge Caribbean relations based on a few people. I'm cool with all people and some of my best friends in college were from places like Peru, Kenya, France, Nigeria, Ecuador, USA, Cameroon, Bahamas, Turkey, Jamaica, Bahrain, Guatemala, USVI...you get the picture.

My take is if not us then I rather another Caribbean athlete/team gets the bounty simply because they are the one's we are most capable of emulating given our similarities. What we should do though is stop talking about emulating them and actually do it. Otherwise we'll always be sending congratulations up north instead of receiving them

Thank you  :beermug: We share the same sentiments...I congratualte every country (not just countries in my region ) when them do well but how de arse you can see their accomplishments as yours lol..some man trying to reason and give explanation for taking pips by saying the same people he see in JA is the same people he see in Trini lol..So the same people in trini is the same people yuh see in africa too *ketch meh drift*
That's why America has a sucessfull history in most popular sports (exclude football which they have vastly improved over the years) because they dont talk about emulating other countries, instead they do it!!...Doh worry all dat shit will change cause the younger generation coming up is not satisfied to always be sending congratulations to other countries..instead they are hungry to recieve congratulations..prime example Thompson..(notice the difference of patrotism in T&T young athletes of today..Thompson is one who cant stop bigging up T&T in post race comments)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:04:50 PM by Sando prince »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
Wills thanks for that. I totally enjoyed that celebration on Duke Street
Girl take off she shoes and use it for ah baton oui. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I enjoyed the national anthem and watching dem stand up at attention.

I'm really happy for their accomplishment. :beermug:
Take ah bow Jamaica...ya did well.

One thing about the Caribbean people...we could throw ah fete anywhere ;D

ah almost dead...dey man say is dey YAM
look nah :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would ask everyone to pay close attention to dis link...ah tief it from willi
but please go to 3:09 and please tell meh wha dey saying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVHNfgpclo
all ah a hear. (chick in yellow) "well heeeear meh" and datz all ah understand.....lawd ah dying here :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well uhmmm did all dey sprinters do dey pissincup yet ??
When ah say ALL, ah mean ALL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:55:50 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Cana for 2 seconds ah thought ah coulda translate for you.....until she said something like "3 A D A....something, something"......that throw mih off.... ;D ;D

Ah love it!!

Edit:  The man say the price of the yam will double..... :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh lord ah love it more!!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:21:19 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 08:27:18 AM »

My take is if not us then I rather another Caribbean athlete/team gets the bounty simply because they are the ones we are most capable of emulating given our similarities. What we should do though is stop talking about emulating them and actually do it. Otherwise we'll always be sending congratulations up north instead of receiving them

Agreed. We cannot take credit for what they have achieved, however we can congratulate and appreciate that a country of similar culture and resources is doing something remarkable. They have done it, so it cannot be out of reach, lewwe learn sumting too nah?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:42:06 AM by Swima »
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline QR20DET

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
well said flash

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »
I really not understanding this "taking credit" thing... I doh even know how anybody could even take credit for anything that Jamaica/ns achieve.  I hardly doubt anybody trying to count Jamaica's medals as a 'we' own.  I will continue to feel good whenever JA does something on the Olympic level, because like it or not their actions/achievements will continue to cast a reflection on the rest of the caribbean.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »
ahhh lawd ah still laughin hard
allyuh help meh nah  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Where Leroy ??? Tell meh what she say.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
Boy hear meh nah...At 3:24 ah dis clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVHNfgpclo
It sounding important :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah find dey reporter was disrespectful for cutting dey girl jus so >:(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:48:47 AM by TriniCana »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »
ahhh lawd ah still laughin hard
allyuh help meh nah  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Where Leroy ??? Tell meh what she say.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
Boy hear meh nah...At 3:24 ah dis clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVHNfgpclo
It sounding important :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah find dey reporter was disrespectful for cutting dey girl jus so >:(

Lol, the lady in yellow said: " Hear mi now: Mi seh Father God first and Melaine 2nd. A straight prayer...good things come from the Garrison (ghetto)"

Real hilarious indeed.

1]; } ?>