April 19, 2024, 02:34:34 PM

Author Topic: Spurs v Sunderland  (Read 4454 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Spurs v Sunderland
« on: August 23, 2008, 02:43:20 AM »
Team news

Tiainio out - Whitehead likely to replace him
Cisse probably up front.
3.00 pm GMT kick off

links for the games

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=16902&part=sports
http://www.justin.tv/sportcenter
http://www.justin.tv/fox_2

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs v Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 08:21:31 AM »
Edwards not even on the bench. I suspect he was excused because of the same thing that kept him out of the Cuba game
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:39:59 AM »
Edwards not even on the bench. I suspect he was excused because of the same thing that kept him out of the Cuba game

either that or T&T didnt give him international clearance
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 08:49:12 AM »

either that or T&T didnt give him international clearance
Or he just didn't make the team.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
Richardson score.

Malbranque had hit the post just before the half..
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
this is ah epl team...get better soon KJ

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
Sunderland not looking bad at all. when they get some more games together and a better feel for each other they go do some damage, plus when KJ come back, him and Cisse up front go be worries.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
Tottenham equalise...Gordon save but Jenas pushed the rebound in

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »
still dont like the team

looking good for a top table finish tho

playin a decent brand minus that shitty keeper
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 09:36:22 AM »
C'mon bassas, get one back
we can win this
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 09:36:50 AM »

Gordon? shitty?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 09:38:23 AM »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »
Since when is Djibril Cisse with Sunderland??

Goal Cisse... as I type.

yesterday lol

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
not bad for a shyte side  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 09:45:36 AM »
Spurs in trouble... must suck to be a fan this season.  This was a team with so much promise... now Berbatov agitating to join in the exodus as well.

Or is he already gone?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 09:51:39 AM »
Since when is Djibril Cisse with Sunderland??

Goal Cisse... as I type.

yesterday lol

I miss when dat happen too...turns out he on a season long loan from Marseille. Nice move

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 09:55:38 AM »
Spurs in trouble... must suck to be a fan this season.  This was a team with so much promise... now Berbatov agitating to join in the exodus as well.

Or is he already gone?

He's going to go early next week if you believe what you read...Big result by Sunderland  :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 09:57:17 AM »

Gordon? shitty?

oui
I would rather support a SHIT side that gets a win :devil:
Nice WIN Sunderland :applause: :applause:

Hear nuh, how day could run we man Cisse so, you ent see he BUN after that game ;D ;D
Good Game Cisse
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »
Carlos can't make this side...he should go out on loan to a Championship Side to get his form back. 
That will also help us for the WCQs

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 10:01:21 AM »

Gordon and Kenwyne were the two best players on dat "shyte side" last season!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »
Carlos can't make this side...he should go out on loan to a Championship Side to get his form back. 
That will also help us for the WCQs

funny... I was saying the same thing, he'll have his work cut out for him.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »
Decent game couple of players short of a decent side.  CH & LB to come but would like to see another CM myself. 

Keep giving Cisse chances like that and he could get quite a few goals this season. 

Starting to have a premiership feel about the team now.

RK's post match email

It was important that we backed up last weeks decent performance. Im delighted for the players, maybe we had a bit of luck.

Theres no problem with Chimbonda, I have to try to pick the right team to get a result. Pascal and Carlos [Edwards] came down as part of the squad today. I've got to try to pick team to win the game and it worked out OK. I have a decent squad, it gives me options.

Tottenham caused us one or two problems but we stayed positive and we got our rewards, it was a great ball in by Murphy and is was a great header.

We had that threat - sometimes you are only as good a your strikers. Lucky for us, one of our substitutions worked out and Cisse scored.

We're here to try to change the stats and history of club, we were aware that we had not won here in 30 years.

I've haven't been here long and we're trying to change things, the mentality. I believe Sunderland fans came down here believing we could get a result, instead of hoping. I certainly did.

We showed good mental strength to react after Tottenham scored. You have to have good options and I did today on the bench, which I didn't have last season.

We took our chances, we stuck at it, people might have seen a different side to us. We are trying to be a bit more street-wise and we had a bit more steel. We were raw an innocent last season.

It was important today that we won. It's well and good running them close, but you have to get a result. When we played Tottenham last year, we played quite well against them and we lost 2-0.

Even when they equalised today, I knew we were up to the challenge.

We're not dancing in the streets, were building that mentality where we want to come to these places and give them a game.

This time last year, we did not get a win away from home until March, we need to back it up now, at Forest on Wednesday.

It's a good result but let's not get too carried away.

When he is swinging you are thinking, Kieran, who do you think you are?, but when it hits the back of the net, it's great. Kieran is like a new man this season, physically and mentally.

I had no intentions of Cisse starting the game, he only had his first training session yesterday.

I thought it would be good for him to sit on the bench and plug in to what we are about. But it's great for him to come on and score, he's hit the ground running.

He has got a presence, like all good players, and I just felt he could contribute today. We've had a good result here but I';m convinced we can play far better.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:17:10 AM by kev »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 05:47:10 PM »

Gordon and Kenwyne were the two best players on dat "shyte side" last season!!

ah love it!!

nah, gordon never really filled his 9 m dollar boots, he made WAY to many mistakes and he still does...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »

What is the point of having a big squad to compete in the premier league if everyone who doesnt play goes on loan.

The season is a young one and there are many games to go, Carlos will play.  The fact that Keane mentioned Carlos and Pascal in his post match report shows that they are a crucial part of his plans.

Any loan move would be premature!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »

What is the point of having a big squad to compete in the premier league if everyone who doesnt play goes on loan.

The season is a young one and there are many games to go, Carlos will play.  The fact that Keane mentioned Carlos and Pascal in his post match report shows that they are a crucial part of his plans.

ah love it!!
Well put dre! keep on loving it.                      positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 03:58:54 AM »

ah love it!!
    Andre help me here,what really is the reason for teams loaning players to other teams when i guess at some time they too needs them,is it to keep them playing,match fit,preparing them to be sold etc etc i could never understand it.What are our thoughts on Sunderland without theTrini players?what effect is it having on the team?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 04:09:34 AM »

ah love it!!
    Andre help me here,what really is the reason for teams loaning players to other teams when i guess at some time they too needs them,is it to keep them playing,match fit,preparing them to be sold etc etc i could never understand it.What are our thoughts on Sunderland without theTrini players?what effect is it having on the team?

Its a mixture really.

First you have the younger players / recent buys that clubs don't want to sell but need to get experience for so the lesser teams take them.  Saves on transfer fees for the club and usually gets a better player.

2nd players that have had injury form / settling problems.  This way the club get the player off its wage bill, if they are looking at a big loss on the player and he goes and does well his price will increase again and the club will get more of his investment back and brings in a loan fee.

3rd players that have been replaced but don't really want to move, it gets them in the shop window and off the wage bill and brings in a loan fee. Or the buying club can't stump up the money to teh following year so a loan deal is done.

4th players that the club really want to sell but can't get a decent offer for so a loan gives them some money and a chance to sell them next year.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 04:20:47 AM »

ah love it!!

Its a mixture really.

First you have the younger players / recent buys that clubs don't want to sell but need to get experience for so the lesser teams take them.  Saves on transfer fees for the club and usually gets a better player.

2nd players that have had injury form / settling problems.  This way the club get the player off its wage bill, if they are looking at a big loss on the player and he goes and does well his price will increase again and the club will get more of his investment back and brings in a loan fee.

3rd players that have been replaced but don't really want to move, it gets them in the shop window and off the wage bill and brings in a loan fee. Or the buying club can't stump up the money to teh following year so a loan deal is done.

4th players that the club really want to sell but can't get a decent offer for so a loan gives them some money and a chance to sell them next year.

It's really a big mix but i understand.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »

Or is he already gone?

In his mind he's already at ManU so I'll be absolutely shocked if he's still here come Sept 1st.

And yes being a Spurs fan is certainly trying but I'd rather remain one than join the wagonnist-full ranks of Manu and Chelsea.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 05:06:23 AM »

Or is he already gone?

In his mind he's already at ManU so I'll be absolutely shocked if he's still here come Sept 1st.

And yes being a Spurs fan is certainly trying but I'd rather remain one than join the wagonnist-full ranks of Manu and Chelsea.

Good lad

There are only 2 things in life you can't change, your family and your club

1]; } ?>