April 23, 2024, 04:16:08 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (20-Aug-2008).  (Read 57289 times)

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (20-Aug-2008).
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »
Krystals tours has an all inclusive arounf those dates for about 6500-7000TT and thas for 5 days/nights

think theirs ending before d 20th though...i go try to give them a call an see what they can come up with...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »
Cuba playing St. Pauli for a warm up. Friday 7:30pm.

Kuba-Trainer Fanz: Unser Fußball ist so kultig wie Pauli

They are spending a month training in Germany.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:04:30 PM by E-man »

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »
Cuba playing St. Pauli for a warm up. Friday 7:30pm.

Kuba-Trainer Fanz: Unser Fußball ist so kultig wie Pauli

They are spending a month training in Germany.

maybe we should head to holland for a month....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »
So our next competitors playin d last team we play b4 Sweden hmmmmmmmm. Just another reminder how far we have fallen from June 06
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
Dont worry my fellow fans. I have all the confidence that we will beat Cuba. If you all think we are playing badly you should have seen Cuba against Antigua a total mess I was there. Studied there 4 the past 5 years now graduated. But they may step up so we cant take anything for granted. I think we are much better technically and tactically. Maybe they can match us physically but we are generally better than they are. Carlos should have a field day on the right cause the left back i saw is huge but very clumsy, not footballistic. Dont worry bout ticket prices in Cuba. Its just about 2 or 3 pesos to see a game. If you believe dont doubt lived there for 5 years. Yes the game is at the estadio pedro marrero in Havana. A very dilapidated stadium with concrete to sit on and the cubans spitting everywhere. On the upside a lot of nice friendly girls.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 09:36:22 PM »
Gazza hope u correck we need d 3pts
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anybody heading to Cuba for the first game?
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 09:25:04 AM »
The game is on August 20th I believe.  Has anyone heard of charters, flights etc to the game from Trinidad?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody heading to Cuba for the first game?
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 09:53:52 AM »
Willloubhy's travel have a 1 wk 18-25 Panama and Cuba tickets 4 d game included 10000TT

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 10:28:12 AM »
Dont let them agency rob allyuh. Check copa for your ticket. Travel cards visas are sold at the check in counter 4 $5US. In Cuba there is no professional sports so the ticket prices are 2 or 3 pesos. That is less than $1TT. There are places in havana to Stay that cost $30us and cheaper.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »
On Friday St. Pauli dropped 7 on the Cubans.

final score 7:0 in front of 16,000 fans

Our World cup bench beat St. Pauli two years ago 2:1. Don't think that tells you too much, but at least it appears to be a good thing. (of course our bench at the time was Jones and Scotland.)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
On Friday St. Pauli dropped 7 on the Cubans.

final score 7:0 in front of 16,000 fans

Our World cup bench beat St. Pauli two years ago 2:1. Don't think that tells you too much, but at least it appears to be a good thing. (of course our bench at the time was Jones and Scotland.)

I guess the Cubans want to play who we played in the past

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »
oh yes i wish meh pocket waz fat like alyuh own :rotfl:
  :rotfl:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 05:09:06 AM »
If yu in TO all yu have to do is book ah all inclusive vacation around dat time for $400 cdn and go to the game.  Yu get everything, free drinks/food for a week and yu get to go to the game too.

I thinking about it if de wife let me go hahahaha :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 05:20:38 AM »
leh mi say it in spanish...............NO
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 06:27:59 AM »
If yu in TO all yu have to do is book ah all inclusive vacation around dat time for $400 cdn and go to the game.  Yu get everything, free drinks/food for a week and yu get to go to the game too.

boy same boat  :-\

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

I already ask, she say it in German   NOOOOOOooo :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

But you ent married yet  ???
Dr Strange comments  ???

Thinking about going but I have too much work around that time to finish, good reason to go to CUBA

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 12:30:59 PM »
Well in de airport it have a lot of dem, most of dem are pretty cool people doh and very hard working (some of dem). However, ah was talking to one guy dat does de loading of baggages on de ramp, he tell meh yes man, yuh should go, de Cuban people love when de Americans come and spend de Yankee dollars. Ah asked him how is de price of things over there wid meh Yankee dollar, cheap, he said yes and if ah want, ah cud get 2 females at one time tuh chacka, chacka for the whole night for less than $100.00. Ah said eh padnah, I already have ah Latin woman, if ah going dey is for not for no chacka, chacka, is tuh watch football and see all yuh team get ah good cut azz. He start tuh kill he self wid laugh yes. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:40:35 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 06:15:51 PM »
A youth revolution in Cuba.

Cuban spirits are soaring after they demolished Antigua and Barbuda 8-3 on aggregate in the last round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. With a new coach in experienced German Reinhold Fanz, a crop of talented youngsters and an exhaustive training tour on the old continent, football fans on the baseball-obsessed island are expecting the best ahead of the kick-off of a challenging Group A.

Most football fans wouldn't remember Cuba's only appearance at a FIFA World Cup finals. Way back in 1938, 21 years before Fidel Castro's revolution, The Lions of the Caribbean (or Leones del Caribe) roared to the finals in France on the eve of the Second World War. They beat Romania to reach the quarter-finals of an abbreviated tournament, where they were summarily thrashed 8-0 by Sweden.

Modern problems
Back then, with many of her neighbours suffering through the Great Depression, the Cubans received a direct bye to the French finals. They will not be so fortunate this time out, having to navigate troubled waters and meet some of the region's top sides to reach South Africa. Even so, the Class of 38's great grandsons are looking an efficient outfit.

Coach Fanz, who took over the reins in January, thinks his lads can keep up the progress. "When I compare this team here in training camp in Germany with the one that beat Antigua in June, it couldn't be more different," the former Hannover 96 and Eintracht Frankfurt coach told FIFA.com in Hamburg, where Cuba lost 7-0 to the local second division outfit FC St. Pauli. "There has been a big improvement since then."

The team is comprised primarily of young players, with the vast majority aged 18 to 23. "We are a young team, it's true," added Fanz, who has been deprived of star player Lester More who defected to the USA to seek political asylum at last year's CONCACAF Gold Cup. A handful of U-23 players did the same during Olympic qualifying in March.

"We are playing at about 60 to 80 per cent of our potential at the moment," the coach added. "With time running out before our first group game, I am confident we can hit our peak."

Stronger than Asamoah
One fresh-faced star of the future that Fanz will be counting on is Roberto Linares. Scorer of three goals in the series with Antigua, the 22-year-old forward is looking like a potential match-winner for the Cubans.

A top performer for local club FC Villa Clara, Cuban champions in 2004, Linares is an attacking force brimming with power and pace and possessing a keen eye for goal. He's even forcing flattering comparisons. "He is proving to be a very impressive young striker," coach Fanz said. "I coached German international Gerald Asamoah at an early age at Hannover and the two have very similar qualities. At the same age, I think Roberto is the stronger of the two."

Linares links up well with elegant strike partner Leonel Duarte, a fellow Olympic team member, to make the team dangerous going forward. Even so, the coach expressed concerns that his side is "not clinical enough in front of goal" at present. Perhaps the boss is being a little too critical, as the Cubans have orchestrated an upward jump of 32 places (from 110 to 78) in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking during his six months in charge.

T&T await
Fanz knows the team's next test, on 20 August against Trinidad and Tobago, will be no easy task for his men. "Trinidad are a very strong team," says the coach, who will also face the USA and Guatemala in Group A. "They (T&T) are very technical and physically very strong. But with the right preparation and analysis of our opponent, who knows what can happen?"

Fanz will be hoping marksman Linares' youthful optimism is contagious in the locker-room. "Of course I think we can beat Trinidad and Tobago," the bulky striker concluded. "Why would we be so far from home and training so hard if we didn't?"

FIFA.COM
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »
With 9 days to go.... Anyone heard of any TV Channel in T&T Broadcasting the game....i am definitely not allowing the group of 4 away games to be broadcasted via radio

so... We need to start peppering NCC 4...CNC...CNMG..TV6...and TTFF

We have the power... lets organise

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »
OK SM u b d hot pepper I go b d bird pepper go talk 2 Ruskin 2 hear what he story go b bout d game

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 02:58:08 PM »
If ah not mistaken, ah tink this will be our 100th World Cup Qualifying game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
Tallman if u say it I blieve it

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Hi I am a member of this great site since 2005 but not a regular poster.  However, I have been concerned that no mention of our Technical Staff scouting the Cubans.  Maybe dey need to send Shaun Fuentes to spy?  :devil:  But on d real any info. you guys and ladies have will be appreciated.  Bless.

Iceberg out!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
Ice we still scoutin we players is 53 we use since Ash Wed so we really eh have nobody 2 scout Cuba. If we lucky dey go watch d tape from last yr Digi Cup

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
Ruskin say dey tryin 2 bring d game. How hard dey tryin I cyah say so if all yuh could call NCC tv and pepper dem dey might try harder

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Hi I am a member of this great site since 2005 but not a regular poster.  However, I have been concerned that no mention of our Technical Staff scouting the Cubans.  Maybe dey need to send Shaun Fuentes to spy?  :devil:  But on d real any info. you guys and ladies have will be appreciated.  Bless.

Iceberg out!!

yuh hear since 2005 and lick 2 post

ah man have ten thousand

we need more arsenal supporters to back we up, post nah man
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 07:31:06 PM »
Thanks Weary1969.  Is just that I kind of worried that we have no information on there players.  But the Warriors should do the business on August 20th. 

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »
Morvant doh worry I am a diehard Gunners fan, so I will be posting regular from now on.  Cheers :beermug:

1]; } ?>