April 26, 2024, 07:54:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (20-Aug-2008).  (Read 57508 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (20-Aug-2008).
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2008, 06:56:50 AM »
I get my match results while at church last night by text. ;D That was a wonderful service Boi. While thee man preaching my phone only vibrating in my pocket..."Trini now score"...."Trinidad winning 1-0"...."We up 2-0"..."3-0 now...glenn jus score".  Well it look like every time we playing I go be praying.  :angel:

What yuh want!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:05:54 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 21, 2008, 07:44:13 AM »
I really have to laugh at some of these Football experts on here because don't matter what this Coach/team does they will never be satisfied,for a team to play with a Coach they say should go home,without Jones,Whitley,Yorke,Edwards,John,Sancho etc etc and come up with that kind of results against Cuba in Cuba and peeps still can't find anything good to say,i can bet we will not get a match report on this game,is only when we loss you does get the world of reports,so far Pacho is proving everybody wrong because he has produced a new breed of T&T players,anybody playing for T&T has to play on his terms,the team is good enough that there are replacements for everybody,he can play a variety of systems and be successfull,he can move players around at his discression because he is in the best position to assess the players at his disposal,he dealing with them long enough to be able to do that,people have to understand Coaches gamble, a lot of times it's trial and error,we can never know what's going through a Coach's mind,to us a lot of them doing shyt but if you can just put yourself in their shoes you will understand what i'm talking about.
      :applause: :applause: well done T&T continue to make us proud,all we are asking is for you all to give it your best shot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear yuh Coops!!! The team does appear to be good enough for the opposition we have played to this point. But we still have the likes of USA; Mexico. Guatemala and Honduras. What  would  it look like  for us to get to the point of having a team where we are not conceding a victory to Mexico or the USA prior to playing them. What would it look  like to see that we are not automatically calling  these two teams as  sure bets to move on? I am not a poker player but it seems like at this time we 'bluffing' and we getting through with the cards that we have. Yet many  know that we appear to have some real aces  that eh fully get on the table yet. To me that is what has to be sorted out.

Imagine what the team would be like if  all experienced players came and played, put away the nuances of the coach and the TTFF and just  settle in for the good of the nation and the  goal of getting to WC.?

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 21, 2008, 07:51:15 AM »
..for the good of the team...yes,dream on... :praying:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2008, 09:01:30 AM »
anyone from our Staff went to watch Guat vz USA ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
anyone from our Staff went to watch Guat vz USA ??

nakhid was the last official scout we had

so they probably send he ;D
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
I get my match results while at church last night by text. ;D That was a wonderful service Boi. While thee man preaching my phone only vibrating in my pocket..."Trini now score"...."Trinidad winning 1-0"...."We up 2-0"..."3-0 now...glenn jus score".  Well it look like every time we playing I go be praying.  :angel:

What yuh want!

THANK FOR THE PRAY

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
I really have to laugh at some of these Football experts on here because don't matter what this Coach/team does they will never be satisfied,for a team to play with a Coach they say should go home,without Jones,Whitley,Yorke,Edwards,John,Sancho etc etc and come up with that kind of results against Cuba in Cuba and peeps still can't find anything good to say,i can bet we will not get a match report on this game,is only when we loss you does get the world of reports,so far Pacho is proving everybody wrong because he has produced a new breed of T&T players,anybody playing for T&T has to play on his terms,the team is good enough that there are replacements for everybody,he can play a variety of systems and be successfull,he can move players around at his discression because he is in the best position to assess the players at his disposal,he dealing with them long enough to be able to do that,people have to understand Coaches gamble, a lot of times it's trial and error,we can never know what's going through a Coach's mind,to us a lot of them doing shyt but if you can just put yourself in their shoes you will understand what i'm talking about.
      :applause: :applause: well done T&T continue to make us proud,all we are asking is for you all to give it your best shot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear yuh Coops!!! The team does appear to be good enough for the opposition we have played to this point. But we still have the likes of USA; Mexico. Guatemala and Honduras. What  would  it look like  for us to get to the point of having a team where we are not conceding a victory to Mexico or the USA prior to playing them. What would it look  like to see that we are not automatically calling  these two teams as  sure bets to move on? I am not a poker player but it seems like at this time we 'bluffing' and we getting through with the cards that we have. Yet many  know that we appear to have some real aces  that eh fully get on the table yet. To me that is what has to be sorted out.

Imagine what the team would be like if  all experienced players came and played, put away the nuances of the coach and the TTFF and just  settle in for the good of the nation and the  goal of getting to WC.?

Guy's one game at a time...we have Guat...next that we need and have to win...cause the Guat are coming with there gun blazing...the players and staff have to be ready that AND I MEAN READY

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2008, 11:14:10 AM »
I am one of Pacho biggest critics, but i asking this question in all good faith, cos i am a bit confused.

Cyd get sub off for Telesford 2 minutes after Hyland get put off.

The way I see it (even though I couldn't see the game  ::) we have several choices :

1) Cyd was tiring and Pacho register the sub before Hyland get put off. As it was his last sub, he couldn't do anything to make the team more defensive after Hyland get send off

2) Pacho fraid Cyd woulda get ah red card too and decide to sub him to avoid going down to 9 men. (So why replace him with a man who hasn't played central defense in over a year when he have thomas on the bench?)

3) Having lost a midfielder, Pacho decide in his infinite coaching wisdom pull the master stroke of to slotting in another midfielder for a defender up 3-0 , rather than take off roberts who now came on (make sense) or glen who was looking dangerous (make sense), or Wolfe (who was doing what exactly?)

4) (Cyd was pulling stones and Pacho decide to get him off as soon as we went down to 10 men? So who was the captain at the start and who take the armband if Cyd had it ?)

5) Fifa stats is crap and Cyd went off before Hyland get put out ???

Anybody think they could clarify this situation for me?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2008, 12:43:30 PM »
Any videos highlights?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 21, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
I am one of Pacho biggest critics, but i asking this question in all good faith, cos i am a bit confused.

The way I see it (even though I couldn't see the game ::) we have several choices :

1) Cyd was tiring and Pacho register the sub before Hyland get put off. As it was his last sub, he couldn't do anything to make the team more defensive after Hyland get send off

2) Pacho fraid Cyd woulda get ah red card too and decide to sub him to avoid going down to 9 men. (So why replace him with a man who hasn't played central defense in over a year when he have thomas on the bench?)

3) Having lost a midfielder, Pacho decide in his infinite coaching wisdom pull the master stroke of to slotting in another midfielder for a defender up 3-0 , rather than take off roberts who now came on (make sense) or glen who was looking dangerous (make sense), or Wolfe (who was doing what exactly?)

4) (Cyd was pulling stones and Pacho decide to get him off as soon as we went down to 10 men? So who was the captain at the start and who take the armband if Cyd had it ?)

think is glenn that come off for osei

he went to 4-4-1

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 21, 2008, 01:23:11 PM »

The way I see it (even though I couldn't see the game  ::) we have several choices :

It seem Cyd is abit hot headed but he need to have a cool head again Guat ...them Guat playing dirty football just to get you out ur game or losed it and pick up a yellow or red

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 21, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »

The way I see it (even though I couldn't see the game ::) we have several choices :

he went to 4-4-1

Who to believe? Fuentes or FIFA? Lord that is a hard choice to make ...
T&T: 13.Cornell Glen (5.Osei Telesford 74th).

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/round=250468/match=300053872/index.html
(-73') Out Cyd GRAY 8 (+73') In Osei TELESFOD 15
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:38:21 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 21, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

he went to 4-4-1

Who to believe? Fuentes or FIFA? Lord that is a hard choice to make ...
T&T: 13.Cornell Glen (5.Osei Telesford 74th).

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/round=250468/match=300053872/index.html
(-73') Out Cyd GRAY 8 (+73') In Osei TELESFOD 15
You have to wait on the official FIFA match report. This would probably come out sometime tomorrow or Saturday. If you notice, they have Anthony Wolfe as #10, when you can clearly see in the pictures that he is wearing  #9. They have the following disclaimer All match data is provisional until the FIFA Official match report is available.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Any word on the Cuba game possible delayed coverage?
« Reply #463 on: August 21, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »

Does any one know if god perhaps got the tape and one of our local station would show it?

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on the Cuba game possible delayed coverage?
« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »
hardly likely since i aint even see higlights of the game no time

if u local u cud try channel 4 saturday yuh might get lucky

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »
Look a few highlights including the first goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEDc5-Ok6g

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2008, 09:58:36 AM »

Thanks Trin, that crowd really was sparse, boy.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2008, 10:00:50 AM »
From the little I seeing there we still falling back too deep off the ball. One good pass out the back could kill yuh.  

Thanks for finding the highlights Trin and for shooting it Mr. Fuentes.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »
Apparently the game will be on NCC this weekend   

When i find out the exact time and date I will inform allyuh

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 22, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »
allyuh notice dat corneal commentating next to fuentes..lol
glad for de lil highlights tho
Back in Trini...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 22, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »
A few things:

1- How the hell they could run through the Cuban warm up session?
2- We giving the other team to much time on top the 18. We not closing down fast enough. Apparently we contented with defending in the 18.
3- If that is how we going forward, we still have some work to do.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »

Thanks for de lil link breddah....Is ah pity doh dat we get 6 minutes ah highlights and only could ah see one goal

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »
Keon Daniel interview after goalscoring performance vs Cuba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HYvgjyObVw

Chris Birchall Interview before WCQ Clash with Cuba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1blmlX0Gg

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
Daniel's first goal vs Cuba and extended highlites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEDc5-Ok6g&feature=related

I think this is the game we play in Cuba recently
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:23:59 PM by chinee boi »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 23, 2008, 02:13:49 AM »
You have to wait on the official FIFA match report. This would probably come out sometime tomorrow or Saturday. If you notice, they have Anthony Wolfe as #10, when you can clearly see in the pictures that he is wearing  #9. They have the following disclaimer All match data is provisional until the FIFA Official match report is available.

Thx. They cleared it up. Glen came off

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 23, 2008, 06:35:32 AM »

record it
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:37:21 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 23, 2008, 07:08:11 AM »

record it

yea i'll try...hopefully i'll be home when is on

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:23 AM »
small magician

yuh tell me it will be airing this weeking on NCC but didn't say exactly when and yuh leave me out on the line to dry, bust the clothes pin and fall in the dirt

whas dat one boy

up date a bredder nah on exactly when??

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 23, 2008, 07:38:04 AM »
small magician

yuh tell me it will be airing this weeking on NCC but didn't say exactly when and yuh leave me out on the line to dry, bust the clothes pin and fall in the dirt

whas dat one boy

up date a bredder nah on exactly when??

my boy...go back and read my first post... Fuentes told me it may show this weekend ... he didnt have a time or date... He said when he finds out he'll text me   so i will inform allyuh then... 

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 23, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »

Fair enough, lol

ah still back on the line for now, when shaun text dont give us like 30 second notice eh!!!!

1]; } ?>