March 28, 2024, 05:10:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (20-Aug-2008).  (Read 56829 times)

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (20-Aug-2008).
« Reply #420 on: August 20, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »
Literally we need about 9-10 more wins to reach world cup.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 20, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »
Well done fellas, congratulations.  what de MDC wrong with Hyland ! ah notice he's ah little hot head like Cyd, he better know that bad temperament and football don't mix @ all !!!!!

PS: allyuh couldn't wait for the game to dun to start wid dat idiot argument bout stern , man allyuh know how to kill ah good time boy. for all yuh know dat bad vibe may have been the cause for the red card and the late goal.  sports is ah vibe thing and vibes travel fast, next time put allyuh  positive energy in the game until the ref blow de whistle nah man, aye !!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:36:47 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »
okay warrior's...for the next game in port of spain......Aurtis Whitley ....Dwight Yorke  and Carlos Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »
okay warrior's...for the next game in port of spain......Aurtis Whitley ....Dwight Yorke  and Carlos Edwards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sentimentally speaking ah hear yuh
Objectively speaking how do you tamper with success? Will having those players in the game change the outlook? or the out come?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
okay warrior's...for the next game in port of spain......Aurtis Whitley ....Dwight Yorke  and Carlos Edwards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Objectively speaking how do you tamper with success? Will having those players in the game change the outlook? or the out come?

in place of theobald, wolfe and leon (or birchall)?  I think that's a good trade...Daniel is the only man who cyah get drop from dat midfield now

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »

in place of theobald, wolfe and leon (or birchall)?  I think that's a good trade...Daniel is the only man who cyah get drop from dat midfield now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we have  presently which we lacked  previously is some more options and depth for player selection. The positive 'spin' coming out of all the football madness with black list  etc, is that this gave  different players opportunities to  prove their worth and to garner experience on the national team.

What about a Randi Patterson? Julius James? Jason Scotland  for Andre Toussiant? Darryl Roberts?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:55:16 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »
Well A.B. Trini...with the way some of our midfielder are playing...we will need players like the one's i mention to build our middle....not excluding K. Daniel and C. Birchall  with Hyland missing the next game

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »
Well A.B. Trini...with the way some of our midfielder are playing...we will need players like the one's i mention to build our middle....not excluding K. Daniel and C. Birchall  with Hyland missing the next game
i agree Theobald could take a bench too

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

I was impressed with Densil Theobald in the friendlies I witnessed in Trinidad. He showed workmanlike qualities and was one of the few to chase down players and set up plays in the midfield. But with Hyland out and Birchall ailing, we need the depth and experience to fill in.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 20, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »
Come Maturana... Prove me wrong.... you still have Ince, Jack  Nigel Daniel, J.James, Sancho, Andrews,  Spann, Dwight, Samuel, Carlos, Stern, Scotty for the next games

I would like to see 1 of the keepers...even though Phillips did a great job tonight...Also N.Daniel.. Sancho... Spann Dwight Carlos Samuel Stern and Scotty.... de rest could come but those above few i just pointed out are needed to help the cause

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 20, 2008, 09:14:31 PM »
Come Maturana... Prove me wrong.... you still have Ince, Jack  Nigel Daniel, J.James, Sancho, Andrews,  Spann, Dwight, Samuel, Carlos, Stern, Scotty for the next games

I would like to see 1 of the keepers...even though Phillips did a great job tonight...Also N.Daniel.. Sancho... Spann Dwight Carlos Samuel Stern and Scotty.... de rest could come but those above few i just pointed out are needed to help the cause

I hear Daniel playing in the super leagues now...dat true?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:08 PM »
Why is Colin Samuel not on the team?

He forget to call first.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:31 PM »
Allyuh being naive to think Stern Days over because we beating Cuba..not taking anything away from the players who play today but Stern still a vital part of our team near future success

says who?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »

u forget hardest dread...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »
I really have to laugh at some of these Football experts on here because don't matter what this Coach/team does they will never be satisfied,for a team to play with a Coach they say should go home,without Jones,Whitley,Yorke,Edwards,John,Sancho etc etc and come up with that kind of results against Cuba in Cuba and peeps still can't find anything good to say,i can bet we will not get a match report on this game,is only when we loss you does get the world of reports,so far Pacho is proving everybody wrong because he has produced a new breed of T&T players,anybody playing for T&T has to play on his terms,the team is good enough that there are replacements for everybody,he can play a variety of systems and be successfull,he can move players around at his discression because he is in the best position to assess the players at his disposal,he dealing with them long enough to be able to do that,people have to understand Coaches gamble, a lot of times it's trial and error,we can never know what's going through a Coach's mind,to us a lot of them doing shyt but if you can just put yourself in their shoes you will understand what i'm talking about.
      :applause: :applause: well done T&T continue to make us proud,all we are asking is for you all to give it your best shot.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
Allyuh being naive to think Stern Days over because we beating Cuba..not taking anything away from the players who play today but Stern still a vital part of our team near future success

says who?

Saga pinto read de entire thread and yuh will see who

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 20, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »

Sando, bear with me eh, but ah calling you out. Doh take it personal

I find yuh attitude real change and rapidly since a little bit now, I think was after the Haiti game. I wasn't online to highlight it then.

What happen?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2008, 09:22:36 PM »

Sando, bear with me eh, but ah calling you out. Doh take it personal

I find yuh attitude real change and rapidly since a little bit now, I think was after the Haiti game. I wasn't online to highlight it then.

What happen?

I honestly dont understand what you mean...I have the same attitude from when i first became a member of WN and SW.NET

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2008, 09:33:27 PM »

He forget to call first.

he have to call an apologize to maturana for the no show against jamaica.  Look how Denzil Theobald back in the team for giving up he arm band to stern.  He man up and apologized to maturana

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »

He forget to call first.

he have to call an apologize to maturana for the no show against jamaica.  Look how Denzil Theobald back in the team for giving up he arm band to stern.  He man up and apologized to maturana

he can't start ahead of daniel now in any case...but i guess can't hurt to have him in the squad

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2008, 10:05:50 PM »
me eh know about all the talk about Stern and "disruptive element" and all ah that, but my personal opinion is that Stern style of play is not what Management looking for. I feel he want a totally mobile team, and the kind of targetman hold up ball that they've been making Stern play is not Maturana thing. I eh go lie, me eh like it either.

On another note, watching USA vs GUA, Guatemala looking frightening at times boy, especially in midfield play. They have the US busy;and dey gruff and rough no ass. Like dey whole team now turn into Carlos Ruiz clones with the sneaky rough play. They commit 24 fouls and bloody up ah man face with ah elbow.This is one eff up game, 1 red card each team. The American players taking ah physical beating. US winning though 1-0 on ah freekick header.

TnT - GUA go be a good one.

US just win 1-0. Fight on the field now. Guatemala want to fight. Steeups.... More licks fuh dem from THE RWB.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:10:33 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »
I can't believe the amount of people defending Stern. Listen if you put in front of goal I can miss 50 chances and score 1 too ya know.

Enough is enough... let's look to the future.

Hush yuh ass.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »
WOW!!!!!  Congratulations  T&T.   This is a very special time for our football.  WOW!!!! When was the last time we've seen this.  Past couple games we played crud and still win. Now we out play Cuba at home.  This seems like a special time for T&T football hats off to the players.  Congratulations.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2008, 10:16:54 PM »
I really have to laugh at some of these Football experts on here because don't matter what this Coach/team does they will never be satisfied,for a team to play with a Coach they say should go home,without Jones,Whitley,Yorke,Edwards,John,Sancho etc etc and come up with that kind of results against Cuba in Cuba and peeps still can't find anything good to say,i can bet we will not get a match report on this game,is only when we loss you does get the world of reports,so far Pacho is proving everybody wrong because he has produced a new breed of T&T players,anybody playing for T&T has to play on his terms,the team is good enough that there are replacements for everybody,he can play a variety of systems and be successfull,he can move players around at his discression because he is in the best position to assess the players at his disposal,he dealing with them long enough to be able to do that,people have to understand Coaches gamble, a lot of times it's trial and error,we can never know what's going through a Coach's mind,to us a lot of them doing shyt but if you can just put yourself in their shoes you will understand what i'm talking about.
      :applause: :applause: well done T&T continue to make us proud,all we are asking is for you all to give it your best shot.

Coop's sometimes yuh could say more by saying less enuh  8)

Fire Pacho!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:21 PM »

Fire Pacho!
       I know,but that only applies to me though,i'll continue to say what i have to say any how,i guess we all have freedoms.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 20, 2008, 10:31:30 PM »
coop everyone here on this site voicing there opinion...but the coach still have to make the final call...iam no expert but i understand the game...and i think everyone...i could say this and you could say that...who give shit

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 20, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
me eh know about all the talk about Stern and "disruptive element" and all ah that, but my personal opinion is that Stern style of play is not what Management looking for. I feel he want a totally mobile team, and the kind of targetman hold up ball that they've been making Stern play is not Maturana thing. I eh go lie, me eh like it either.

On another note, watching USA vs GUA, Guatemala looking frightening at times boy, especially in midfield play. They have the US busy;and dey gruff and rough no ass. Like dey whole team now turn into Carlos Ruiz clones with the sneaky rough play. They commit 24 fouls and bloody up ah man face with ah elbow.This is one eff up game, 1 red card each team. The American players taking ah physical beating. US winning though 1-0 on ah freekick header.

US just win 1-0. Fight on the field now. Guatemala want to fight. Steeups.... More licks fuh dem from THE RWB.

I was nw going an write the same ting.  Guatemala will be a good test.  We have to contain the "dread" in the middle and the #7 on the right flank.  The US damn lucky to come out with the win...Guat had the better chances on goal ...Howard had good hands tonight... but Guatemala is beatable..... in fact I thought El Salvador was better than them...

Once our fellas come with the right mindset ...NO COMPLACENCY and with things in perspective..they should win the game 2-1.  But it will be physical..they will be pissed that they did not beat the US....Trinidad needs to settle early..MOVE THE BALL and take their chances.....

HOME BASED ..... PLEASE SUPPORT THE FELLAS IN NUMBERS....I want a match report talking bout 25000 strong in attendance!!!

Well Done Warriors!! .... that red kit looking reall kuff!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 20, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »

If you watch dat game tonight and think El Salvador better than Guatemala yuh smokin some bad weed. 

I was nw going an write the same ting.  Guatemala will be a good test.  We have to contain the "dread" in the middle and the #7 on the right flank.  The US damn lucky to come out with the win...Guat had the better chances on goal ...Howard had good hands tonight... but Guatemala is beatable..... in fact I thought El Salvador was better than them...

Once our fellas come with the right mindset ...NO COMPLACENCY and with things in perspective..they should win the game 2-1.  But it will be physical..they will be pissed that they did not beat the US....Trinidad needs to settle early..MOVE THE BALL and take their chances.....

HOME BASED ..... PLEASE SUPPORT THE FELLAS IN NUMBERS....I want a match report talking bout 25000 strong in attendance!!!

Well Done Warriors!! .... that red kit looking reall kuff!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 21, 2008, 12:57:39 AM »

Fire Pacho!
       I know,but that only applies to me though,i'll continue to say what i have to say any how,i guess we all have freedoms.

I do believe good sir that you have totally and completely missed my point  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:00:15 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 21, 2008, 06:51:32 AM »
i can bet we will not get a match report on this game,is only when we loss you does get the world of reports
And we get reports when we beat El Salvador??? The only reason we might not get a report is because it was not broadcast anywhere...If any forumite made their way to Cuba, I guarantee we will get some kind of report...
That being said, when we played under Porterfield (RIP). We were not playing well but winning games, yes we beat Canada for the first time in umpteenth years. but we were not playing well. When the true test came against better opposition what happened???
Same ting when Wise play a practice game against some non pedigree team, people say oh gorm Wise have to be on the team.. What happened, against better oppsoition... he was exposed..

1]; } ?>