July 23, 2024, 11:46:25 PM

Author Topic: Centre of Excellence Thread.  (Read 25258 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who owns Centre of Excellence?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »
Quick absquatulate with yuh shovel and go dig yuhself another pit.

You fackup eh boy!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
I asked this question somewhere else......how can FIFA take legal action where their own statutes (as I recall) say something to the effect that FIFA is the final body for dispute resolution.

Nah, what FIFA says is that any dispute by footballers and their local Federation must go to arbitration rather than the courts.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »
Eh FS, i was with you until you said that the center was build in the wrong place. mexico of all places, oh really?? those ppl hosted had two world cups, with infrastructure up the ying yang,  money to burn, have a far better and advance league, way more state of the art top notch facilities, and you want tuh give them a measely low tech center of excellence??

even chivas academy would put that center of subexcellence to utta shame, i don't even think that they would want it anyway.

as for jack warner and his ill dealings, trust me hoss, no one despises jack warner more than me! that man sat for 25 yrs on his tukus and did nothingggggg for T&T football, and on top of that, had the nerve to stop others from trying to do something for football here in this country.

in a word, "evil"! the man is ah fackin vindictive money hungry devil! but he did a lot for concacaf and CFU, don't ask me why, he just did. and as much as if hate the fella and was happy to see the back of him, when come to concacaf and CFU, the fella performed!

my beef with jack warner was, he took care of his neighbors house , and left his in ah state! jamaica, bermuda, antigua all got the bast of jack, so did mexico, don't talk for the USA, they have a monopoly on the gold cup since no other nation has host the darn thing but them, and the three north american teams don't have to qualify for the competition.

yet still CFU who has the most team in the confederation has to go through two round of qualification to get the the tournament while only four teams get to participate. central america on the other hand has way less teams, yet they get to have five places to CFU's four. yeh this was jack's doings, look out for others and left us hanging. just ask jamaica how great a guy AJ warner is, and see what they say.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:50:38 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
Mexico would have been my choice, being more equidistant to the other CONCACAF nations.

You DO realize that the COE was meant for the CFU and not CONCACAF, right?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
good fuh we
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
Mexico would have been my choice, being more equidistant to the other CONCACAF nations.

You DO realize that the COE was meant for the CFU and not CONCACAF, right?

The investigative reporters eh give him that information as yet...but they are equidistant though

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 05:05:11 AM »

You fackup eh boy!

....what really f**k up is that (after having to look up the word "ABSQUATULATE") it look like FS actually did take de man advice.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:56 AM »

You fackup eh boy!

....what really f**k up is that (after having to look up the word "ABSQUATULATE") it look like FS actually did take de man advice.

Nah sir, but unlike TrueTrini, I actually have a life outside of this board! 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 05:34:09 AM »

You fackup eh boy!

Nah sir, but unlike TrueTrini, I actually have a life outside of this board! 

Nah, doh look at it so, Jed, we ALL do have lives outside the board but yuh hadda admit, the coincidence of his post colliding with your outside life was hard to ignore.  :D  Is no scene, though....going back to the original tone of the thread, I'm sure we can all agree that jack was in a unique posistion to do a whole lot for football in Trinidad and The Caribbean and still skim enough off the top to take care of himself, his sons and all of his grand and great grand bats to follow and he didn't.  He chose only the latter. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »
Very good question from C.L. but I believe that FIFA insist on Sports Resolution Panels for football related matters such as contracts etc. However, this is really a legal matter as it involves property law and feasibly fraud and taxation issues.

I know that Daryl Warner is effectively boss of Marvin Lee Stadium. It will be interesting to see if Joe Public actually pay rent for their use of the facility. The C.O.E. was built in the wrong country in my opinion, and that was the favour bestowed on Warner. Mexico would have been my choice, being more equidistant to the other CONCACAF nations.

I guess there's understandable (but maybe not ethical or practical ) reasons why it was built in T&T, but the ownership status needs to be confirmed. If CFU own it, its a simple matter of providing the deeds and examining CFU accounts to show the annual income.

Fella you just arrived and you are ignorant of CONCACAF dealings, past,and  present!

Before Jack warner, what diod the Latins ever do to develop football in any Caribbean nation?  Mexico you say?  They are very racist and never did anything for nations other than the latin nations1

So before you come with your rathers, and practicability and ethics get the facts.

Thanks eh.

Well "fella", maybe I just arrived, but guess what? There are newspapers in other countries that actually contain investigative reporting. So don't come with all that ignorant "you just got off a boat" shit. If you had learned to read, you would have noted that I said " Mexico would have been my choice, being more equidistant to the other CONCACAF nations."  The key word there is equidistant. And your criticism of the racist mexicans is, guess what, racist!

I agree that the major footballing nations in CONCACAF ignored the Caribbean. It wasn't right. Neither is Turks & Caicos having a vote when they haven't competed in a competetive international for over 10 years.

The jerrymandering of CONCACAF by Warner was very clever and led to the CFU earning some respect. However, now Jack has gone, its time for CFU to stand on their own two feet and prove themselves, and their first task is to get rid of the hangers on who took Jacks money and did nothing for football, and that includes TTFF.

Horsetrading will always take place, but we have to be able to see which horses are being traded in FIFA and the member confederations.   

Hahahah you talk shit with great aplomb!

hat the f**k does equidistant have to do with rendering of services or football development?  And what papers did any investigative reporting on Jack Warner before the last ten years?   Stop prattling english man.

Get back on that plane and go back to Antigua or wherever and stop with the spouting of horseshit.  You and your qauliofications remind me very much of Suruj...know him?

You act like Jack Warner invented Gerrymandering ent?  You can agree that when the Mexicans had control of CONCACAF they did f**k all for Caribbean nations, yet you are hurry to give them a Center of Excellence for what purpose again?  Oh yeah their geographic location..how logical..and yes they are f**king racists and me pointing that FACT out does not make me racist yuh dim witted f**k.

Jack did not invent the corruption he found himself perpetrating, but yuh cyar know this as yuh fresh off the plane with yuh high and mighty analysis...and you have gumption to talk about horse shit?

Horse trading is an english invention in these parts and they were quite willing to logde their lips on Jacks gonads for the World Cup...its only when they got the bile cuffed out of them with his betrayal that all of a sudden they have found their voices with their ethics and investigative reporting...steups...get to f**k away with your righteous shit...it smells

and oh yeah  f**k the mexicans they are f**king racists..ask the Niggas living there how they are treated!

Please...get lost

You really are a racist f*cker, aren't you? Get back on that plane and go back to Antigua Just a little bit of help for you....English people tend to come from England, not Antigua so I don't know what you're going on about here!
But you're so full of your hatred and racism but aside from posting abuse, I don't see you doing anything about T&T being ripped off. You're looking for a confrontation (online, of course) based on shit. There may be good reasons to put the COE in T&T, but you haven't mentioned one. There may be many reasons not to put in Mexico, and that can be debated, which is the point of this site. But because I made a point that you don't agree with, instead of debating you throw tirades of abuse like a child throwing her toys.

And don't go getting all holier than thou. The term Gerrymandering was coined after a UK Conservative polititian moved election boundaries so that the seat would be won by the conservative party.

Unlike you, pal, I can admit to my countries failings and those of my countymen. You, on the other hand, have your head so far up your racist ass, you can't see nothing apart from your notion that the whole world is against T&T, and probably you personally.

The point about the COE was purely an observation. If you had cared to ask me to expand my reasons, I would have told you that, in my unqualified view, the COE-wherever it is located- should be placed under a concacaf management structure. The location should be central, because that makes sense.

Regarding Jack and the press, I'm really not sure when the UK press took an interest in Warner, but Jennings was out here long before the 2018 bid. Meanwhile, what did the T&T, CFU nations or even CONCACAF nations media report about Jack for the last 20 years?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 06:25:59 AM »
FS, why should Mexico and USA get everything ? I saw you posted that the CEO should have been in Mexico ?

I already vex that Mexico, USA and Canada gets a place in the Gold Cup for free every time and others teams have to qualify for it.

PS: Truetrini, ease up on de man, FS is a cool bredda.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 07:12:22 AM »
So ridiculous them teams get a free pass. For me to take that tournament seriously it needs to be hosted outside of US and all the teams need to qualify except the winner.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 07:43:47 AM »
FS, why should Mexico and USA get everything ? I saw you posted that the CEO should have been in Mexico ?

I already vex that Mexico, USA and Canada gets a place in the Gold Cup for free every time and others teams have to qualify for it.

Sam, all I was pointing out is that the COE being placed in T&T was not logical as it is probably the southernmost concacaf nation and placing it in Mexico would have been more geographically sensible. I wasn't considering past performance, free passes to the Gold Cup etc. Just purely geographical! But as Bakes pointed out, it was a gift to CFU, so Mexico was moot anyway!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »

Sam, all I was pointing out is that the COE being placed in T&T was not logical as it is probably the southernmost concacaf nation and placing it in Mexico would have been more geographically sensible. I wasn't considering past performance, free passes to the Gold Cup etc. Just purely geographical! But as Bakes pointed out, it was a gift to CFU, so Mexico was moot anyway!

I'm willing to bet that is jack who claiming it to be a gift to the CFU for the sake of legal maneuvering anyway.  I feel jack go end up losing it.

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
K was sendingyou.back to Antigua for a specific purpose.  You know why!  Dont pretend!

As for being racist, you are far off base.  English people are as hypocritical as.the rest,.no.doubt.  Thanks.for the history lesson, I always.thought.gerrymandering was of US origin.

Now go f**k yourself with your you are.racist.shit.  Racism.is a whiteman construct, I haven't learned.out as yet.   My white father never taught it to me, more had my white.wife you heathen twat.

Not racist in the slightest..just observant of your constant sanctimonious prattle

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »
 :o  I gone!!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 reveals all about the Centre of Excellence
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
Warner lied about Centre of Excellence
… And so did FIFA and CONCACAF Presidents
By LASANA LIBURD (www.wired868.com)

Ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner told yesterday’s Sunday Guardian that he does not own the Dr Joăo Havelange Centre of Excellence in Macoya.

Prior to that on Friday, the current Minister of Works and Infrastructure also told CNC3 that the multi-sport complex was a gift from former FIFA President, Havelange, to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), a denial which was published in the Trinidad Express newspaper.

In both cases, Warner was less than honest.

Ever since its construction in 1998, the Centre of Excellence has belonged to Warner; the closest CONCACAF has ever got it to its deed was when the Chaguanas West MP needed a guarantor for a mortgage on the property.

In fact, the facility belongs to the Trinidadian three-times over as the ownership is split between himself and two of his companies, CCAM and Company and Renraw—‘Warner’ backwards—Investments. Warner’s wife, Maureen, is the only other director at both companies.

At last week’s CONCACAF Congress in Budapest, Hungary, the Confederation’s new president, Jeffrey Webb, made a supposedly stunning disclosure when he said that the Centre of Excellence—valued between US$22.5 and US$25.5 million—belonged to Warner.

FIFA President Sepp Blatter further alleged that the venue was improperly signed over to Warner’s family at some point and claimed the governing body would take legal action to reclaim it.

All three parties were, Wired868 can reveal, at best frugal with the truth.

Warner, according to a CONCACAF source, was correct in claiming that the Centre of Excellence was Havelange’s gift to the Caribbean. It is believed that the 96-year-old Brazilian administrator gave Warner US$2 million to start the complex although Wired868 could not verify that figure.

However, Wired868 can confirm that the main piece of property on which the Centre of Excellence now stands was purchased from business magnate and Guardian newspaper owner, Anthony Norman Sabga, on 7 October, 1998 when Sabga and fellow director, Michael Kelvin Mansoor, handed over their shares to Warner and Renraw Limited.

Read More

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:59:36 AM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
K was sendingyou.back to Antigua for a specific purpose.  You know why!  Dont pretend!

As for being racist, you are far off base.  English people are as hypocritical as.the rest,.no.doubt.  Thanks.for the history lesson, I always.thought.gerrymandering was of US origin.

Now go f**k yourself with your you are.racist.shit.  Racism.is a whiteman construct, I haven't learned.out as yet.   My white father never taught it to me, more had my white.wife you heathen twat.

Not racist in the slightest..just observant of your constant sanctimonious prattle

Neanderthal arguments, my friend. I have no idea why you are talking about Antigua. I have never been there and I don't know anyone who lives there. You obviously have a personal agenda, and I'm flattered that you find me worthy of your attention. At least it means you're leaving some other poor bastard alone for a while!

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
So wait....you are.not.a poor bastard?  Just a bastard then?  Figures.

I.got three pm's yesterday trekking me what a twat you are.   Never mind..off to Antigua with you.

truetrini

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:39 AM »
Oh and I am happy to know that you are aware of your nation's short comings...as I am of mine.  You can freely talk about my nation's faults, mention yours and I am a racist f**k...lol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »

I.got three pm's yesterday trekking me what a twat you are.   Never mind..off to Antigua with you.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Obviously I'm not au fait with your little joke. Nor do I understand the relevance of the periods between words - are.not.a - is this some kind of text language? You got only 3 p.m.'s? Still, all I got was a BBM and a phone call concerning you, so on the twat level, I guess I'm bigger than you.

But you really need to learn to read better. I said "some other poor bastard" which infers that, I too, am a poor bastard. Even your attempt at insults is neanderthal!

I criticise my nation's many faults when its appropriate and pertinent, as I do of other nations including T&T. There are bad people of every creed, culture and nationality, however, people like you like to point to a nationality as a whole rather than individuals of that nation i.e. Mexico you say?  They are very racist Now it may be that many Mexicans are racist, but I'm sure there's many of the 100 million plus that aren't.

But hear this: any Mexican version of you who wanders onto this site will now assume that Trinis are racist. And so the hate spreads.  :banginghead:

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »

Obviously I'm not au fait with your little joke. Nor do I understand the relevance of the periods between words - are.not.a - is this some kind of text language? You got only 3 p.m.'s? Still, all I got was a BBM and a phone call concerning you, so on the twat level, I guess I'm bigger than you.

But you really need to learn to read better. I said "some other poor bastard" which infers that, I too, am a poor bastard. Even your attempt at insults is neanderthal!

I criticise my nation's many faults when its appropriate and pertinent, as I do of other nations including T&T. There are bad people of every creed, culture and nationality, however, people like you like to point to a nationality as a whole rather than individuals of that nation i.e. Mexico you say?  They are very racist Now it may be that many Mexicans are racist, but I'm sure there's many of the 100 million plus that aren't.

But hear this: any Mexican version of you who wanders onto this site will now assume that Trinis are racist. And so the hate spreads.  :banginghead:

lol you fella, are not au lait to a lot of things...how is that my fault.   You call me racist quickly then you say that I characterize an entire nation as acists?  Steups.  Mexico has a long tradition..yes f**king tradition of marginalizing blacks and deriding blacks.  As I said it is true that you are not au fait to a lot, maybe your investigative journalist meed to write a story and publish it in some UK rag for you to be informed.  It is common in Mexico to hear:  “Trabajo como negro para vivir como blanco.”  (Use google translation..or ask a journalist....).    President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, made the statement, “Mexicans do the work that not EVEN Blacks would do,”   Ask him what he meant by that!

Off course Mexicans will deny being racists, but ask the black mexicans their take.

ANyway let me address your Neanderthal comments...I hardly qualify to be or act as a Neanderthal, it is people like you, according to the latest scientific studies that evolved from Neanderthal.

Mexican versions of me?  Nah, don't exist.  I am however glad that you are over your heartbreak...wasn't she from Antigua?  See that even I can be misinformed.  I know that you remind me of  Thomas Jefferson...have a roll in the sack with a few Negresses,  love them even...so which Caribbean nation was she from?

How did you deal with the horn?

truetrini

Re: Wired868 reveals all about the Centre of Excellence
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
Boss article, maybe our resident English expert will garner some knowledge so he will post less shit and more substance.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »
Boss article, maybe our resident English expert will garner some knowledge so he will post less shit and more substance.

Gawd, cut de fella some slack nuh? lol

All three parties were, Wired868 can reveal, at best frugal with the truth.

Lol... classic line.  And agreed, good article  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

lol you fella, are not au lait to a lot of things...how is that my fault.   You call me racist quickly then you say that I characterize an entire nation as acists?  Steups.  Mexico has a long tradition..yes f**king tradition of marginalizing blacks and deriding blacks.  As I said it is true that you are not au fait to a lot, maybe your investigative journalist meed to write a story and publish it in some UK rag for you to be informed.  It is common in Mexico to hear:  “Trabajo como negro para vivir como blanco.”  (Use google translation..or ask a journalist....).    President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, made the statement, “Mexicans do the work that not EVEN Blacks would do,”   Ask him what he meant by that!

Just to enlighten you, shamefully, virtually every nation, including some in Africa, has a history of marginalizing blacks. I am not in any way pro or anti Mexico. This all started because I made the opinion that the COE may have been better located there. You turned it into a race issue. Now I'm sorry if that offended you, but in my opinion racism should be discouraged, but certainly not ignored. Many racists don't see themselves that way. Of course, I may be over reacting to your original comment, but the tone and the language used was totally unnecessary.

Off course Mexicans will deny being racists, but ask the black mexicans their take.

ANyway let me address your Neanderthal comments...I hardly qualify to be or act as a Neanderthal, it is people like you, according to the latest scientific studies that evolved from Neanderthal.  Well, sunshine, as far as I'm aware, I descend from a place in Africa

Mexican versions of me?  Nah, don't exist. What? You mean Vincente Fox doesn't remind you of you? I am however glad that you are over your heartbreak...wasn't she from Antigua? You obviously are misinformed as I have never dated anyone from Antigua (that I'm aware of)   See that even I can be misinformed.  I know that you remind me of  Thomas Jefferson...have a roll in the sack with a few Negresses,  love them even...so which Caribbean nation was she from?My wife is of St Lucian descent. Does that help?

How did you deal with the horn?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
And don't go getting all holier than thou. The term Gerrymandering was coined after a UK Conservative polititian moved election boundaries so that the seat would be won by the conservative party.

It's actually American in origin... but minor quibble.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »
Wheyy... I now reading de rest ah this.  Nah fellas, cool that talk, fuh real.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 03:17:15 PM »

It's actually American in origin... but minor quibble.

I stand corrected! I believed the term was coined after a UK conservative politician. I appreciate the heads up!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »
I stand corrected! I believed the term was coined after a UK conservative politician. I appreciate the heads up!

I mihself thought ah had it wrong (remember looking it up years ago)... had to go double-check.  :beermug:

1]; } ?>