April 29, 2024, 10:33:41 AM

Author Topic: Annual South Florida Zonal tournament: recap  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Annual South Florida Zonal tournament: recap
« on: August 26, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »
As some of you may know, every August we have our Zonal football tournament here in South Florida, this year we moved to a new park, The Pit, on Davie Blvd just west of 441.
This year we were blessed with great weather, even though its was one of the hottest days I have ever experienced it was better than getting rained out and as usual the atmosphere was real nice as usual, 'cept for one incident jus before the final match that i wont give any further life to by discussing.

Many a forumite have graced the field of this tournament, myself, duscam and Tallman to name a few.  The likes of Troy Marquis, Jason Nelson have also been a part of it.  Usually its dominated by East and Tobago.  East does be the best of course, and Tobago does have bout 30 players so each half of each game is fresh legs. Well after losing the final on penalties last year North came out guns blazing this year and recruit a bunch of young college players to sweat for them, Spike, Bennie, Lamy and some other I cant recall but have seen them wizzing around me on Sundays.  This year i did not play for East due to an enlarged midsection and a number of ladies on the sidelines needing my attention.  There were some rumblings from the South team in the weeks leading up to last Sunday, and i really thought they were gonna show and prove this year, I mean they win for best dressed, them boys had Tshirt in addition to Joma kits down to they bright yellow socks and all.  Never let it be said that Steve Shand and SoccerWorld have not given back to the local community.
This year was again the usualy brand from them south boys, our very own Dumpalewie was on the receivng end of 5 of the best from the East team, we calling him Placido Domcinco from now on.
Before the final match there was an exhibition game between a team from Miami vs Limers FC (no lime too far), Tallman sweat in this match for the Miami team, and they start off hot and sweaty, scoring in like the 1st minute of them game, than a 2nd to add some cushion. But Limers stuck it out and put 3 unanswered on them to win 3-2, I will not use this opporutinity to report on Tallman skills, since I myself did not put on a kit and get out there far be it for me to say the corner flag play better D, it jus would not be right.
The final was hotly contested between North and East again, and I do mean hottly, there was almost a lil scuffle and real blade was passing.  With all they youngguns on the North the East team was holding their own, fighting to the end even when going down 2 goals.  The play of the game have to be the save the North keeper make on a very well taken Mickey Rat free kick that was heading straight for the V and that man reach over and tip it out, made even more incredible because before the final started I know for a fact that he was well drunk and not very steady on his feet. and so it ended at 10pm, 2-0 North avenging their 2007 loss.
ah starting to train from today, ah go be ready for 2010.

N.B. there was a tall redskin youth with long hair playing D for the East team, very very solid player, I will try to find out his name.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Annual South Florida Zonal tournament: recap
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 01:14:44 AM »
Thanks for the report.  I was not able to make it this year.  I will try to catch it next year.  Did you take pictures? 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:40:53 AM »
Before the final match there was an exhibition game between a team from Miami vs Limers FC (no lime too far), Tallman sweat in this match for the Miami team, and they start off hot and sweaty, scoring in like the 1st minute of them game, than a 2nd to add some cushion. But Limers stuck it out and put 3 unanswered on them to win 3-2, I will not use this opporutinity to report on Tallman skills, since I myself did not put on a kit and get out there far be it for me to say the corner flag play better D, it jus would not be right.

Yuh see how allyuh fellas bad mind. Pacho, take note. Is me who start de play dat led to us scoring we first goal. A beautiful cross ball tuh switch de play, after drawing people tuh my side of de field. All I ask is to have de substitution rules amended so I can get 30 mins rest for every 10 mins ah play, and to replace unnecessary items like water with Guinnes and White Oak. Send meh ah text nah.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:18:57 AM »

Yuh see how allyuh fellas bad mind. Pacho, take note. Is me who start de play dat led to us scoring we first goal. A beautiful cross ball tuh switch de play, after drawing people tuh my side of de field. All I ask is to have de substitution rules amended so I can get 30 mins rest for every 10 mins ah play, and to replace unnecessary items like water with Guinnes and White Oak. Send meh ah text nah.

lol @ unnecessary items

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:37:12 AM »
ah miss that man. allyuh coulda publicize it. i was in the MIA just d other day.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »
Dat Spike and benny u talkin bout is ex cic ballers?
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
Dat Spike and benny u talkin bout is ex cic ballers?

I know Spike is, and I assume Benny is too, Spike is a tall brownskin skinny fella, quick, and benny is a short white dread even quicker with a powerful shot.

1]; } ?>