April 19, 2024, 08:01:28 AM

Author Topic: Let the blames begin  (Read 3870 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:32:09 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let the blames begin
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:55:20 PM »
From the 2nd article:

By some quirk of genetics, the Caribbean is a hotbed for sprinters. Besides Jamaica, sprinters from the tiny Caribbean nations of Antilles, Trinidad and Tobago, Ivory Coast, Barbados, Bahamas and Cuba have medaled in recent Olympics.

I didn't know Ivory Coast join up. Welcome aboard.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »
From the 2nd article:

By some quirk of genetics, the Caribbean is a hotbed for sprinters. Besides Jamaica, sprinters from the tiny Caribbean nations of Antilles, Trinidad and Tobago, Ivory Coast, Barbados, Bahamas and Cuba have medaled in recent Olympics.

Lol.... :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »
They have to start somewhere.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:54:33 PM »
Blame Balco.... or lack thereof. 

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »

I dunno dread. BALCO got popped in 2003 and the USA dominated Athens 2004, Helsinki 2005 and Osaka just last year. I don't think it's that simple. The U.S. Trials probably have more to do with it than BALCO.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
From the 2nd article:

ent de Ivory Coast by Guyana
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
dread i see bovell say tonight they doh test blood in swimming, i now see how them men breaking record so
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »
dread i see bovell say tonight they doh test blood in swimming, i now see how them men breaking record so
Doesn't mean they don't get urine tested.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »
From the 2nd article:

And what island is Antilles?  Never heard of it, unless he meant Netherland Antilles.  Ignorant First Worlders who take no time to properly learn about the rest of the world!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 09:46:49 PM »

urine test does not pick up everything, if u know how to defeat it. plus it have blood doping.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:53:17 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 09:54:33 PM »

urine test does not pick up everything, if u know how to defeat it.

How do you defeat it?

If you tell me that a urine test assay will not be as reliable for certain substances then that's another story.  Besides, swimmers deserve whatever benefit of the doubt is extended to them...certainly as compared to sprinters.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 07:20:21 AM »

How do you defeat it?

If you tell me that a urine test assay will not be as reliable for certain substances then that's another story. Besides, swimmers deserve whatever benefit of the doubt is extended to them...certainly as compared to sprinters.

check this article, if they don't test for everything how can a sport be clean. That is the issue i have with the swimming

Why is there no blood-testing for drugs at the World Swimming Championships?

http://www.sportingo.com/sports/a2888_why-there-no-bloodtesting-drugs

Blood testing is the only real means of exposing drug-taking in sport. It seems organisers FINA are happy to ignore it at the World Swimming Championships in Melbourne.

here is no problem if you don’t go looking for it! This could be FINA’s latest catch-phrase.

At the current FINA (Fédération Internationale de Natation) World Swimming Championships in Melbourne there is no blood testing for drugs. Why not? They have had seven years to include them in their repertoire since they were first carried out at the Sydney 2000 Games. Melbourne’s Sunday Herald Sun newspaper reported that blood tests, which detect human growth hormone, would not be conducted in Melbourne because they were apparently too expensive. Instead, only urine tests would be carried out.

"We never test for blood during competition and that's standard across a range of sports," FINA executive director Cornel Marculescu was quoted as saying. "We are extremely happy with our testing programme and we've been extremely pro-active in increasing testing procedures. It's very rare we have a problem." Only 300 drug tests (urine) are being carried out at the championships.

But to think that growth hormone is the only drug that blood testing could pick up is naive in the extreme. Apart from synthetic EPO and its companion Darbopoietin (blood boosters), there are many others which can only be detected by blood testing. The cheats have a free ride though these championships. They are not likely to persist using detectable blood doping drugs and it is even more naïve to think that if there is an opening, some swimmers won’t be tempted to use other blood boosters.

A new version of EPO called Dynepo, Synthetic Haemoglobins like Hemopure, RSR 13, Actovegin, PFC’s and blood transfusions, to list but a few, are all known oxygen enhancers and are not detectable in urine, only blood. And it can’t be that expensive when you consider that with the synthetic haemoglobins, one tube of blood (about 4 mls) centrifuged at high speed which separates the cells and fluid (plasma) portions of the blood is all that is needed to see if someone has used them.

Synthetic haemoglobins appear as a red fluid in comparison to the normal clear yellow. Can’t take more than five minutes and can be confirmed with more detailed tests using established equipment. This is the same procedure as would be done with the urine screening tests.

Isn’t it time that some of the world leaders in sport showed some leadership and get serious about the problem. The Olympics, cycling, many of the winter sports have used blood testing for years. If it’s good enough for them then why not FINA? Do they really believe their sport is cleaner than everyone else’s?

Do they believe that if they don’t go looking for it then there is no problem? The "too expensive" excuse is laughable when you consider the millions FINA will be earning in TV rights for the broadcast of the Championships. It would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. Another sport, another cop-out.

* Robin Parisotto is author of BLOOD SPORTS – the inside dope on drugs in sport.

Shouldn't FINA be taking a hard line at the World Swimming Championships? Send your views to Sportingo.

How do you defeat it? urine test

just a example, but it depends on what drug you take.

http://triponic.com/guidestutorials/how-to-pass-a-urine-test/

Blood doping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/dynamic.ch2?pageCategory.id=626

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:41:34 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »

I dunno dread. BALCO got popped in 2003 and the USA dominated Athens 2004, Helsinki 2005 and Osaka just last year. I don't think it's that simple. The U.S. Trials probably have more to do with it than BALCO.

Nah man,

The full implication of balco didnt buss till MJ went to prison. In Athens Trevor still was dominating and he later became the centre of Balco, along with c**te.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 07:52:31 AM »

But didnt we agree that urine test alone is a joke?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 02:37:43 AM »

How do you defeat it?

If you tell me that a urine test assay will not be as reliable for certain substances then that's another story. Besides, swimmers deserve whatever benefit of the doubt is extended to them...certainly as compared to sprinters.

check this article, if they don't test for everything how can a sport be clean. That is the issue i have with the swimming

Why is there no blood-testing for drugs at the World Swimming Championships?

http://www.sportingo.com/sports/a2888_why-there-no-bloodtesting-drugs

Blood testing is the only real means of exposing drug-taking in sport. It seems organisers FINA are happy to ignore it at the World Swimming Championships in Melbourne.

here is no problem if you don’t go looking for it! This could be FINA’s latest catch-phrase.

At the current FINA (Fédération Internationale de Natation) World Swimming Championships in Melbourne there is no blood testing for drugs. Why not? They have had seven years to include them in their repertoire since they were first carried out at the Sydney 2000 Games. Melbourne’s Sunday Herald Sun newspaper reported that blood tests, which detect human growth hormone, would not be conducted in Melbourne because they were apparently too expensive. Instead, only urine tests would be carried out.

"We never test for blood during competition and that's standard across a range of sports," FINA executive director Cornel Marculescu was quoted as saying. "We are extremely happy with our testing programme and we've been extremely pro-active in increasing testing procedures. It's very rare we have a problem." Only 300 drug tests (urine) are being carried out at the championships.

But to think that growth hormone is the only drug that blood testing could pick up is naive in the extreme. Apart from synthetic EPO and its companion Darbopoietin (blood boosters), there are many others which can only be detected by blood testing. The cheats have a free ride though these championships. They are not likely to persist using detectable blood doping drugs and it is even more naïve to think that if there is an opening, some swimmers won’t be tempted to use other blood boosters.

A new version of EPO called Dynepo, Synthetic Haemoglobins like Hemopure, RSR 13, Actovegin, PFC’s and blood transfusions, to list but a few, are all known oxygen enhancers and are not detectable in urine, only blood. And it can’t be that expensive when you consider that with the synthetic haemoglobins, one tube of blood (about 4 mls) centrifuged at high speed which separates the cells and fluid (plasma) portions of the blood is all that is needed to see if someone has used them.

Synthetic haemoglobins appear as a red fluid in comparison to the normal clear yellow. Can’t take more than five minutes and can be confirmed with more detailed tests using established equipment. This is the same procedure as would be done with the urine screening tests.

Isn’t it time that some of the world leaders in sport showed some leadership and get serious about the problem. The Olympics, cycling, many of the winter sports have used blood testing for years. If it’s good enough for them then why not FINA? Do they really believe their sport is cleaner than everyone else’s?

Do they believe that if they don’t go looking for it then there is no problem? The "too expensive" excuse is laughable when you consider the millions FINA will be earning in TV rights for the broadcast of the Championships. It would be funny if it wasn’t so serious. Another sport, another cop-out.

* Robin Parisotto is author of BLOOD SPORTS – the inside dope on drugs in sport.

Shouldn't FINA be taking a hard line at the World Swimming Championships? Send your views to Sportingo.

How do you defeat it? urine test

just a example, but it depends on what drug you take.

http://triponic.com/guidestutorials/how-to-pass-a-urine-test/

Blood doping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/dynamic.ch2?pageCategory.id=626

Good information... but hardly dispositive.  They overplay the ease with which you can defeat a urine test.  I can tell you that flushing is not as effective as they make it seem... certainly not as effective for marijuana use.

The last link you provided indicates that EPO can be detected in the urine.

didn't read the Wiki link.

But didnt we agree that urine test alone is a joke?

We did? 

When??

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 03:26:51 AM »
Bake,

When Marion Jones passed  over 100of them with ease....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
Bake,

When Marion Jones passed  over 100of them with ease....

Swimmers using the same substances as sprinters?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »
That article talk about getting fresh blood in yah .

1]; } ?>