April 29, 2024, 11:47:44 AM

Author Topic: And the EPL gets stronger and stronger  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And the EPL gets stronger and stronger
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »
Roman Pavlyuchenko has claimed that he is set to complete a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 26-year-old Russia international striker has been linked with a move to Spurs all summer.

Now it appears that the North London outfit have sealed a deal with his club Spartak Moscow.

Speaking to Uefa's Russian website, Pavlyuchenko confirmed he had not travelled with the rest of the Spartak squad for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Dynamo Kiev as he was finalising the details of his move to Spurs.

"I am back in Moscow and I will not play in Kiev, and I can confirm I am going to Tottenham," he told uefa.ru.

"Everything happened very fast and I haven't had time to say 'goodbye' to my Spartak team-mates but I hope I will be able to do that then they get back from Kiev.

"I am waiting for a Visa and as soon as it is granted, I am ready to go to England and sign."

Pavlyuchenko revealed he was yet to discuss the move with Spurs boss Juande Ramos.

"Juande Ramos, I have not yet met, it seems like he will call me - but I know for sure he is very interested in my services," he continued.

Pavlyuchenko also played down any worries there were about him no speaking English.

"I will work with a teacher, but also my wide knows the language a little," he added.
No done deal

Spartak spokesman Eduard Nisenboim has told the Russia media that the deal is not yet signed.

"I would prefer it if the deal was described as very close," said Nisenboim.

"At the moment the papers have not yet been signed - we have only reached a verbal agreement with the England club."

News of Tottenham's move for Pavlyuchenko will cast further doubt over Dimitar Berbatov's future at the club.

Manchester United are desperately trying to prise the Bulgarian away from Tottenham - but as yet have been unable to strike a deal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4053514,00.html

And with Arshavin...Robinho and some other big names coming in before next Monday..the EPL will be the place to be.. as it has been for the past 5 years...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: And the EPL gets stronger and stronger
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »
Pavluychenko.....

mark my words.

He will POP DOWN at Spurs!

people watch the man record in the euros and get jumpy, but forget that he wasn't even the starting or first off the bench striker for Russia at tournament start. He get a bligh with the injuries to Pogrbenyak (tink daz how to spell it) and Semak. 

And de man was playing in a best brand side with Arshavin behind him and he throw way real goal. I think is palos dub him the Russian Stern John.

Only if they buy Arshavin he might be able to do something, but he eh as good as his one good tournament, trust me.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
All I will say is Oleg Salenko  :whistling: :heehee:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
I have my doubts about Pavlyuchenko's ability to shine in the EPL as well but Zenit playing to many games with Arshavin and we need a another striker.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »
this guy makes the EPL stronger ?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »
this guy makes the EPL stronger ?
an he not even on Man Boo :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »
Not everybody does play well dey first season in the EPL. Ah doh even think he make Spurs stronger farless the EPL. The season aint feel like it really start yet. That will happen when United start playin week in and week out! All dem pretenders to the throne flappin dey gums now cause dey know come December dey know who will be leadin the chasers!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »
Not everybody does play well dey first season in the EPL. Ah doh even think he make Spurs stronger farless the EPL. The season aint feel like it really start yet. That will happen when United start playin week in and week out! All dem pretenders to the throne flappin dey gums now cause dey know come December dey know who will be leadin the chasers!

I think
Van Nistelroy and Torres both heated it up in their debut seasosn ....

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »

I think

Exceptions not the norm.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »

I think

Exceptions not the norm.

At all. Giggsy...doh buy dat EPL hype. True is a top league with its own distinct style, so many players with reps may struggle to adapt...but if you look real close, even more excel or maintain their expected level than the hype suggest. To name a few who walk into the EPL and star or play above expectations from their first season....Roque Santa Cruz, Benny McCarthy, Dimitar Berbatov, Oba Martins, Elano, Martin Petrov, Xavi Alonso, Michael Essien, Carlos Tevez, Dirk Kuyt, Heinze, Anderson, Nicolas Anelka, Gianfranco Zola, Klinnsman....boss, the list could go on for days. I not belittling the league, but people does buy that hype too easy for me.

1]; } ?>