March 28, 2024, 11:59:50 AM

Author Topic: USA midfielder confident of win over T&T  (Read 6364 times)

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA midfielder confident of win over T&T
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 09:51:04 AM »
Agree with most everyone here, nothing at all wrong it what he said. The truth is we've been there whipping boys for a long time now, so until we change that they can say whatever they like imo.

Besides, nothing wrong with them beating us, as long as they do the same to Guatemala! I'm extremely worried about the last game of this stage, the Guatemala Vs. USA game. If the US has already qualified would they just send out a B team and not care? That could really cost us if it's close at the end.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 10:47:56 AM »
Hardly arrogant and not unlike comments our players and coaches have made in the past. That said lets pull a Joe Public on dey backside and send them home crying.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »
Jes de fact that dem torking about we like dat, is a good sign.  Be sure dat dem coming here with a game plan to win because it obvious dey planning arready..  I hope we have we own plan ready by then.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »
Jes de fact that dem torking about we like dat, is a good sign.  Be sure dat dem coming here with a game plan to win because it obvious dey planning arready..  I hope we have we own plan ready by then.

Plan?  TTFF?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
If we didn't beat dem last qualifying in de Oval, we might never beat dem again oui. Dem men was holding out for better contracts, dey start preparing a misfits team to take dey place, end up signing and training bout a day and a facking half and run rings around we in de oval. I ent saying shite bout de US until we actually beat dem.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 01:07:01 PM »
The key ingredients to beat the US:
    Discipline in the back - stay compact and concentrate for the full 90+
  • Patience in attack - keep the ball when you win it
  • Attack with confidence in the attacking 3rd - a la Richardson from Joe Public
Limit the number of dead balls - they will dominate us in the air.  1/2 their goals come from FKs and corners.

After I saw them play Guat.  I am perplexed as to why we do not beat that side?  It just tells me that the psychological part of the game is just as important as all other elements (technical, tactical and physical)...the US has severly damaged the psyche of our team..we need players that just don't give a dam_ and just play, no matter the opposition ..... dem mudda suckas does lace up dey shoes jes like we!!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
Limit the number of dead balls - they will dominate us in the air.  1/2 their goals come from FKs and corners.

After I saw them play Guat.  I am perplexed as to why we do not beat that side?  It just tells me that the psychological part of the game is just as important as all other elements (technical, tactical and physical)...the US has severly damaged the psyche of our team..we need players that just don't give a dam_ and just play, no matter the opposition ..... dem mudda suckas does lace up dey shoes jes like we!!!

Soldier, Now I thinking about this...do you really believe is ah mental? Fuh thee past years of them beating we, did they have better players than us or did we already beat ourselves mentally even before we lace up we boots? ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »

Soldier, Now I thinking about this...do you really believe is ah mental? Fuh thee past years of them beating we, did they have better players than us or did we already beat ourselves mentally even before we lace up we boots? ???

I think it is a combination of a few issues.  Their youth dev. systems are better than our but I am prayin that Lincoln has an impact on that.  I also think that our foreign coaches (even Beene as evidenced by the fact that Latas played only 20 mins in the WC) - have not figured out how to put a team together of players that have the flair and creativity like the Strike Squad ...to be quite frank ...our football has become a bit white washed..with players hesitant to play with flair and take chances. 

Trust that the US team came to T&T on Nov 19 ...mindful that they could have lost that game..but they put a plan in place to stop Latas and Yorke that day..and they did ... Latas en relly make a note dat day...tink about it..... from then our psyche has been damaged..

WHo on that US team should we relly relly be worried that we cannot neutralize without the proper plan??  ...our coaches have to coach...put a plan in place to play to our strengths and be fearlesss... but disciplined.
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »
alluy know wat is the problem with trinidad and all these other carribbean countires when  it comes to  football , is they never have a coach that put that type of belief and confidence in the players ,for example if u playing a european side  like england or france or italy . the coaches will already put in the players head that teams is better than you  and the only way we have a chance  we have is if we stay back and defend . so now they scared to attack. why u think the united states  came so far when it comes to soccer even though they don't have the best skilled players  americans naturally have that confidence they suppose to be the best at every thing  and that is half the battle cause if u feel a team better than u why even bother to play de game. so these players need to develop that in arrogance with in themselves not out loud so the can really believe the can win
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »
Most ah all yuh right ,de man eh say nuttin wrong,but it still doh take way de fact that what he said was 'arrogant' .The mere idea that yuh cud use what he say as 'locker room motivation' show yuh is nuttin less than arrogance and disrespect.
IMO he cud say what de fack he want ,is up to we tuh silence he mudda con't on de pitch for counting 3pts before de game even play.

p.s   Anything less than arrogance coming from USA, in any sport ,is ah surprise.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »
Nutten wrong wit d statement but if we beat dem and he say is obeah ah go have a problem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 10:36:10 PM »
Honestly,

The US fitter than TT they could run hard and keep the intensity for 90+ min...they good at free kick and corner and even if we outplay them on the field the blasted goalkeeper...from Meola right down to Howard does have a good game.

You know how much time the US goalies save them from cutarse.

Also they are bigger in size, they physical.

I find they fraid hard jam and any team that runs at them have them shakey...down to Haiti I see the US ketch they tail to beat.

Mentally they have our number. They have that edge on us. Remember in a Gold Cup Dwarika score 2 goal and we had them 2-0 at the half and they come back and score win 3-2.

The oval game aside we draw with them 0-0 in the stadium in a WCQ and Rougier and Dwarika nearly poison they tail. We were already out and they already qualified but we nearly beat them that day. Is heroics from Friedel save them.

If we get thru to the hex we will play them 4 times...I sure we could ketch dem at least once. Is about time.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 12:04:30 AM »

Not true. Apart from Onyewu our team is no bigger than average sized.

And many of our key players are downright small: Donovan, Beasley, Convey, Cherundolo, Feilhaber, Adu, etc.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 07:27:54 AM »
uuuuuummmmm Zeppo, have you seen our players??.... :-\

On another note....
      GO T&T!!!.....   
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 07:35:58 AM »
Honestly,

The US fitter than TT they could run hard and keep the intensity for 90+ min...they good at free kick and corner and even if we outplay them on the field the blasted goalkeeper...from Meola right down to Howard does have a good game.

I find they fraid hard jam and any team that runs at them have them shakey...down to Haiti I see the US ketch they tail to beat.

Mentally they have our number. They have that edge on us. Remember in a Gold Cup Dwarika score 2 goal and we had them 2-0 at the half and they come back and score win 3-2.

The oval game aside we draw with them 0-0 in the stadium in a WCQ and Rougier and Dwarika nearly poison they tail. We were already out and they already qualified but we nearly beat them that day. Is heroics from Friedel save them.

If we get thru to the hex we will play them 4 times...I sure we could ketch dem at least once. Is about time.

touches though u make some valid points, the bigger in size garbage allyuh does talk about on this board is rediculous bc them south american players not no damn giants, so really stop that garbage, football is 80% mental and 20% PHYSICAL the faster allyuh people could realize that the faster we will have a better way of thinking....

TrinInfinite

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »

Not true. Apart from Onyewu our team is no bigger than average sized.

And many of our key players are downright small: Donovan, Beasley, Convey, Cherundolo, Feilhaber, Adu, etc.

the US have beaten us bc they have been mentally prepared better than us, their training is more intense and they have a never say die attitude, trinidad can beat the US if we are mentally prepared and play as a cohesive unit we will win, the wc team could have beaten the us, but they never played them, this team with a creative mid like a dwarika, hardest or guerra could beat the US..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
this team with a creative mid like a dwarika, hardest or guerra could beat the US..

what was our record against the US when we had Latas AND/OR Dwarika?

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »
Hands down dey players pound for pound have been bigger, stronger, fitter over the years. This seems to be changing recently though. Ask any player that play against de americans. no matter how much skill yuh display, if yuh not faster and fit enough to run dem whole game dey will use dey superior strength and usually height to impose dey will on yuh. Dis is one of dey weakest sides in years doh. We better beat dem now while dey searching for de right mix of skill and brute force. Dey realize dey could beat dey concacaf opponents with dey strongman antics, but technically superior players from de brazils and Portugals of this world was still mashing dem up. Trini, on de other hand have decent height, but most of de men still looking nashy, nashy, like is only doubles, Royal Castle, and sno cone dey eatin
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »
To see your record against the USA dating back to 1985 just go to this link and punch in T&T as the opponent:

http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=results&Group=men

But I have to warn you that, from your end, it ain't pretty!
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
To see your record against the USA dating back to 1985 just go to this link and punch in T&T as the opponent:

http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=results&Group=men

But I have to warn you that, from your end, it ain't pretty!

We know....we eh need you to rub it in ok......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
Honestly,

touches though u make some valid points, the bigger in size garbage allyuh does talk about on this board is rediculous bc them south american players not no damn giants, so really stop that garbage, football is 80% mental and 20% PHYSICAL the faster allyuh people could realize that the faster we will have a better way of thinking....
When they talking size, they ain't talking bout height. They talking bout how many of our team are skinny weaklings, getting hustled and pushed off the ball by breeze.

1]; } ?>