April 17, 2024, 07:43:07 PM

Author Topic: Former coach warns of Guatemala’s new-look squad  (Read 5698 times)

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Former coach warns of Guatemala’s new-look squad
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »
lol, talk about overselling a team. Gimme a break!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 08:24:18 PM »
Guatemala away from home and guatemala at home is 2 different sides.

They also put out more against the US because is the US, The country as a whole have a deep rooted hatred toward the us and this transcends to the field.

Guatemala will dominate the ball possesion against us and key for us will be how our defense stand up and perform.

Our key advantage over guatemala would be our physical presence and air attack.

If we had jones he alone would run them ragged but we will defenitely need stern to show up for this one.

Look for lawrence to maybe get a goal in this game.

That is the reason Jamaica does beat up Guatemala and honduras all the time.
They struggle with the strong black man.

With Withley back in defensive mid that should lock them off!

1-0 TnT goal from a set piece.

From jamerson !!! :rotfl:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 05:37:02 AM »
even if he can't write to save his life....

•  They are very fit and can run relentlessly over the full duration of the game. They also play with a tirelessness in the anaerobic, and explosive, non-stop, directional-changing demands of the game.  ???

... I appreciate the man efforts to give some insight from over on the other side of the fence.

But I still find he coulda be alot more specific. He coulda give us some individual players names and what they did that impress him in the game. He coulda tell us something about their shape and tactics. Alot of what he type is very general and is difficult to use to devise a strategy against them.

But I not worried, because I know that the scout the TTFF placed at the USA v Guatemala game is going to provide a much more detailed account than this.   ::)

You take the words out of mih mouth...

Also, men who was biting they nails hard less than 2 weeks ago all of a sudden throwing robber talk for Guatemala.

De only thing I sure about, is that Cabrera won't be playing in that match, and that is a plus for us. Everything else, all bets are off.

I still expect a tight win though.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »
Sooo...he couldn't cut it as a coach and now he trying to fit in as an univited scout? Talk about begging for wuk !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »
Sounds like we need to set the tone early.

Same way people used to handle us when we had technically superiro players in Latas, Leonson, Dwight etc..

HARD JAM early on.

I don't know if we can change our fitness level in a week though. It seems liek our opponents are always much fitter than we are. That's a crime.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »
This is a scouting report? What the hell? If this is how he used to look at the other teams I can see why we were limited. Anyone can write this crap that he just wrote. Is this the first draft of this "report" because the amount of errors it not funny.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
Complacent is only 2/12 ago d big belly men from d short pants country beat we
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »

And not just beat we either...is 5 we collect. And we nearly get it at home too if Stern and Latas didn't save the day, neither of whom are here. Do we have any matchwinners on that side?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »
Spidey good question
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »
dem two above love negative talk  ::).   Time to neutralize allyuh with some positive talk.  Yes we have goal scorers and game winners in the current squad, Cornel Glen and Keon Daniel.  Everybody else on the team is capable of scoring as well.  Yes I want Stern on the squad too, but if he not there I am still supporting T&T and I want us to win.  Positive vibes! Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 11:01:36 AM »
So where it was said we eh want d team 2 win

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »

And not just beat we either...is 5 we collect. And we nearly get it at home too if Stern and Latas didn't save the day, neither of whom are here. Do we have any matchwinners on that side?

The Biggest Match winner is also on that squad, Dennis Lawrence.    Be positive and show some support.  Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »
D biggest match winner is Lawerenc. I taught he score in we biggest match

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »
So where it was said we eh want d team 2 win

So where was it said, that I ever said, that you said, you eh want the team to win?  lol ;D

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:04 AM »
D biggest match winner is Lawerenc. I taught he score in we biggest match
He eh jus score, he scored THE WINNING GOAL in the most important game for Trinidad and Tobago.
I eh say he was the most consistent match winner, I said he was the biggest match winner.  I know yuh understand the point I was getting at.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 02:52:22 PM »
After this article I think Brazil should be worried about facing Guatemala
again ! from that expert analysis, ah would be curious to hear how he analyzes our Team... bess TTFF save sum coin, an email dem the 3 points...Lawd...The article not helpful at all, 10 minutes of good play from Guata could rock any player confidence, after reading that...If it was like we last game with 3,4 in between, alright chance to digest, process, and train to suit, but before the actual game, guy...nah, I used to think he mean well...
He shoulda write "ah wha we win, but sure we go lorse" and I coulda say he mean well an leave it at dat, instead ah tunnin the blade in we players back   >:(

No National football team in the world so perfect, none

"•  It appears that they possess a great mix of maturity and youth and is well-led by danger-man, Carlos Ruiz.

•  They are very fit and can run relentlessly over the full duration of the game. They also play with a tirelessness in the anaerobic, and explosive, non-stop, directional-changing demands of the game.

•  They are very quick and agile in both, the short distance, as well as the sprints over the longer 30 to 70 yards spread.

•  They are very attentive to one-on-one duelling they seek to win every battle and play intentionally and fearlessly even with the air ball.

•  They have several very deft left footed players who possess much guile and savvy, and are swift in change-of-play situations.

•  They are tremendously technical team especially in tight-room situations.

•  They contend every ball defensively, but especially in mid-field play, and this would be our biggest concern, since I have gathered that our mid-field ball-handling abilities and control, represent our greatest weakness.

•  They do not appear to be of the traditional Guatemalan, fragile and over-emotional mindset. And so, I do not suggest that we gamble on them being as easily thwarted or derailed from their individual and tactical game plan.
•  They have demonstrated to be tactically very sound they play well off the ball, and seems to be ready for the pop-ups and as well as, their rehearsed and trained movements.

•  They play very well in the transition, and recognise the change-over pauses that signal the mode of transition.

•  They possess two very dangerous outside attacking players whose speed, determination to get after every ball, abilities to dribble and run with the ball are amongst the best that our team will ever see in this, and the final round.

•  Their defence is physically very strong, attentive, and is all, no-nonsense and businesslike.

•  They appear to be a team with good elevation, and so must be watched in corners and freekicks"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
After this article I think Brazil should be worried about facing Guatemala
again ! from that expert analysis, ah would be curious to hear how he analyzes our Team... bess TTFF save sum coin, an email dem the 3 points...Lawd...The article not helpful at all, 10 minutes of good play from Guata could rock any player confidence, after reading that...If it was like we last game with 3,4 in between, alright chance to digest, process, and train to suit, but before the actual game, guy...nah, I used to think he mean well...
He shoulda write "ah wha we win, but sure we go lorse" and I coulda say he mean well an leave it at dat, instead ah tunnin the blade in we players back   >:(

No National football team in the world so perfect, none

"•  It appears that they possess a great mix of maturity and youth and is well-led by danger-man, Carlos Ruiz.

•  They are very fit and can run relentlessly over the full duration of the game. They also play with a tirelessness in the anaerobic, and explosive, non-stop, directional-changing demands of the game.

•  They are very quick and agile in both, the short distance, as well as the sprints over the longer 30 to 70 yards spread.

•  They are very attentive to one-on-one duelling they seek to win every battle and play intentionally and fearlessly even with the air ball.

•  They have several very deft left footed players who possess much guile and savvy, and are swift in change-of-play situations.

•  They are tremendously technical team especially in tight-room situations.

•  They contend every ball defensively, but especially in mid-field play, and this would be our biggest concern, since I have gathered that our mid-field ball-handling abilities and control, represent our greatest weakness.

•  They do not appear to be of the traditional Guatemalan, fragile and over-emotional mindset. And so, I do not suggest that we gamble on them being as easily thwarted or derailed from their individual and tactical game plan.
•  They have demonstrated to be tactically very sound they play well off the ball, and seems to be ready for the pop-ups and as well as, their rehearsed and trained movements.

•  They play very well in the transition, and recognise the change-over pauses that signal the mode of transition.

•  They possess two very dangerous outside attacking players whose speed, determination to get after every ball, abilities to dribble and run with the ball are amongst the best that our team will ever see in this, and the final round.

•  Their defence is physically very strong, attentive, and is all, no-nonsense and businesslike.

•  They appear to be a team with good elevation, and so must be watched in corners and freekicks"

Lets just take this all as a warning not to hire Hannibal Najjar as our coach if we playing Guatemala or we will have a lot of frightened T&T players who will freeze up & unable to execute!

After reading this one will have to really rate T&T if we pull off a win.

In fact based on that report one would believe that if T&T can beat Guatemala at home on 6th September that Brazil would be wise to come play some of their World Cup warm-up games against T&T and should take serious steps to send their best possible team so as to avoid international embarassment!!

However as Hannibal Najjar is ah Trini his heart must be in the right place so we appreciate the advice & will take this as a no complacency warning!  :chilling:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 05:08:39 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>