April 25, 2024, 04:53:04 PM

Author Topic: Chris Birchall's hurt at omission.  (Read 10098 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Birchall's hurt at omission.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »
Thee coach seem to be doing things his own way and not the norm as we're used to...texting players, not selecting the right players we believe should start etc etc. What I don't like is thee texting part, but like I said once before, thee man can't talk proper English so it go be hard to call or even sit and have a normal conversation to explain ray ray… why yuh not playing in thee next game etc.   So far them men seem to be dealing with it ok, because they are willing to come back and play even after thee texting issue. Weh it have honey thee bee’s go come.

I done tell alyuh that  Pacho playing mind games…no one is un-disposable on thee team. I believe that he keeping all the players off balance or from becoming relax  per say. He believes that he can rotate different players back and forth in these type of games, he have got to be mad confident in everyone that steps on that field to represent…think about it! Is ah win or lose situation and he’s gambling.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:50:59 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
Men who talking about de man know what he doing mus be MAD, every frigging game is ah different line up! How de hell yuh go get consistency from yuh players when every other game dey seeing somebody different on de field.

Ah supporting T&T but ..........................

In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 09:58:20 PM »
U not suppose 2 bad talk d dumbtist. He suppose 2 b treated differently from every other coach we ever had.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »
U not suppose 2 bad talk d dumbtist. He suppose 2 b treated differently from every other coach we ever had.

Ah like dah one ..  :rotfl: :rotfl:
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 01:20:14 AM »
he have got to be mad confident in everyone that steps on that field to represent…think about it! Is ah win or lose situation and he’s gambling.  ;)

Well the gambling may have paid off so far but all it takes is one home loss to Guatemala for this WC campaign to be effectively over...he is building a house of cards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 05:10:40 AM »
I done tell alyuh that  Pacho playing mind games…no one is un-disposable on thee team. I believe that he keeping all the players off balance or from becoming relax  per say. He believes that he can rotate different players back and forth in these type of games, he have got to be mad confident in everyone that steps on that field to represent…think about it! Is ah win or lose situation and he’s gambling.  ;)

If he always changing players every game how can the team have chemistry
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:12:52 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 05:21:11 AM »
he have got to be mad confident in everyone that steps on that field to represent…think about it! Is ah win or lose situation and he’s gambling.  ;)

Well the gambling may have paid off so far but all it takes is one home loss to Guatemala for this WC campaign to be effectively over...he is building a house of cards

we just get by bermuda and that should have been pachos marching orders if we had a serious federation..

http://www.digicelfootball.com/en/news.php?id=255

Antigua & Barbuda net big returns in Cayman
Antigua & Barbuda opened their Digicel Caribbean Championship offshore account in Grand Cayman with a clinical 4-0 demolition of an outclassed Bermuda in the first game of Group
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:24:27 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 06:13:23 AM »
keep believing Birchall... well you spoke out... so if we follow the pattern...we wont see you for a while...but you younger that Maturana...so see you soon
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 07:49:12 AM »
I done tell alyuh that  Pacho playing mind games…no one is un-disposable on thee team. I believe that he keeping all the players off balance or from becoming relax  per say. He believes that he can rotate different players back and forth in these type of games, he have got to be mad confident in everyone that steps on that field to represent…think about it! Is ah win or lose situation and he’s gambling.  ;)

If he always changing players every game how can the team have chemistry

Remember that we had a black list in effect with some of our best players on it right…hopefully before he took the offer to coach the team with a possibility of them not retuning. He started off with ah small local team of players with one or two overseas players not at full strength.  Now the black list players were made available. He took the job maybe not expecting things to go the way the wind is blowing at the moment; so chemistry will be something that they will have to build as time goes on from here with the momentum at this point. He’s seemingly trying to fit in the right players in the right place to clog ah hole in ah once leaking  team...trying to build ah levy for the larger storm when it hits land fall. I would call it "experimenting".  Hopefully we can stand thru a broken once levy “ the black list”. The black list messed up thee chemistry even before he came…let the truth be told!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 07:56:46 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
I've been holding my tongue watching this coach but the truth of the matter is, I've now lost all confidence in him. As others have already said, you can't keep rotating players at will like this. We're going to have zero team chemistry. This is WCQ people, these aren't friendly games! Birchall's energy and physical play would definitely have been needed against Guatemala - they are going to be sorely missed, mark my words.

Re Stern John, I've never been his biggest fan but to not even include him as an option? Not even on the bench??? Birchall and John not being included in the 22 is absolutely ridiculous! I don't know how anyone can defend this coach's actions...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
I've been holding my tongue watching this coach but the truth of the matter is, I've now lost all confidence in him. As others have already said, you can't keep rotating players at will like this. We're going to have zero team chemistry. This is WCQ people, these aren't friendly games! Birchall's energy and physical play would definitely have been needed against Guatemala - they are going to be sorely missed, mark my words.

Re Stern John, I've never been his biggest fan but to not even include him as an option? Not even on the bench??? Birchall and John not being included in the 22 is absolutely ridiculous! I don't know how anyone can defend this coach's actions...

Well we can only "assume" of what he's doing, does anyone on here know him personally? What ever he is doing so far is working. Now I would have pick the best players and stick with them, but we know not of his philosophy. Until he mess up we can't beat him yet. :whip: Just stay tuned and we shall see if we will survive this storm.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 09:38:48 AM »
Chemistry that is ah subject 4 CXC that eh needed in we team we winnin so it obviously not impt. 2010 boi u preach I realize when dey did not sendin him back 2 d cocaine country after Bermuda I know I stuck wit d dumbtist. So let d texting continue
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
Is there ever going to be a time in this campaign when we will have any idea as to which players will form the core of the team??.....Maturana is a genius for truth....if de Guatemalans scout we against Cuba......dey waste dey time cuz dey eh know who de arse going and take de field.....brilliant!!

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 06:46:01 PM »
Is there ever going to be a time in this campaign when we will have any idea as to which players will form the core of the team??.....Maturana is a genius for truth....if de Guatemalans scout we against Cuba......dey waste dey time cuz dey eh know who de arse going and take de field.....brilliant!!

SHHHH gyul....doh tip them off !!!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Look de answer here bout Birchall not selected
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »
Why allyuh doh let Maturana and them coach the team?!

Every omission, every move, is ah set of old talk and cussin.

People bawl when he drop Stern and we still drop three on Cuba.

Now he drop Birchall and people bawling again.

Let the coach coach.  He has been getting good results.  When the results get consistently bad then you have a reason to open your mouth.  Until then, relax and enjoy nah.  The team made light work of an active and dangerous Cuba team in Havana.  Can he get any credit for that?

A word to the players who gripe and complain in the press when dropped or not selected: cool allyuh self.  Nobody is bigger than the team.  If you are in the player pool that means you are either selected, or not selected.  You say that the technical staff is unprofessional by sending texts when you are ommited, but then you act equally unprofessional when you go and use the press to gripe and complain. Many, MANY coaches across the globe do not take public criticism by players about private team matters lightly.  Tread carefully.

We barely scrape past Bermuda,beat up on a weak Cuban team, that even Bermuda wudda give 3, and you find them was good results. ???.According to you we shud wait till TnT eh qualify for the next rounds and then start tuh voice we displeasure about your hero this con't you believe in...Steuppppps  
You just bumping yuh gum and talking ah pile ah fackery bout leh de coach coach.Also if yuh cudda read yuh wudda understand Stern was not complaining about getting drop,he was complaning about the manner in which he was informed.If yuh cyar read and comprehend than ask somebody tuh read de facking article for you before yuh post all dah jackassness.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2008, 07:00:39 PM »
 :devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »
We winnin dat all is impt man go start 2 get blank by smoke signal just now dat eh go b impt once we winnin

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 02:34:51 AM »
I wish I could be as confident as some of you here. However, I have a feeling you people don't understand the importance of winning this next game. Being realistic, you realize that if we lose against Guatemala, it's basically game set and match, right? After Saturday the only SURE points will be against Cuba.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 02:37:58 AM by vapotrini »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 04:45:55 AM »
man go start 2 get blank by smoke signal just now

lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:12 AM »
Say what you want about getting results etc., the fact of the matter is the coach is a f*#king madman.  How can Birchall be good enough to start in a WCQ match and then 3 weeks later not be good enough to be part of a 22-man squad?  Meanwhile Hyland who was obviously 2nd choice behind Birchall in the pecking order and only played after he was injured, picked up a stupid red card and is only available for 1 of the 2 matches coming up is still in the squad?  Same thing goes for Stern, Roberts, Forbes etc. etc. one minute they good enough to be playing in important WCQ matches next thing they orf the squad completely?  But Toussaint still there even though he hasn't been good enough to get a minute of playing time in a WCQ so far.  Just madness.

Has Maturana done such in-depth scouting to be confident that Birchall's game is only suited to playing against Cuba and he will not be effective against Guatemala or USA, but Hyland and Akeil Guevera will?  I THINK NOT.  He might be a good coach (wait till we play stronger opposition before we pat him on the back) but his selection policy is pure f&#king madness!

Aristotle - "No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." ... but Maturana taking it kinda far
Benching Stern ... brilliant ...
Bringing back York and not even selcting Birchall ... pure stupidity
Having Hyland in team on a red card and can't play but leaving out Roberts ... real tata

Either Maturana is a real football brain with indept knowledge of each team and how they will line up ... "ala the special one" or he have no fringin idea ... hopefully is de former ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »
As d words of d old Duran Duran song RELAXXXXXXXXXXX

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 09:33:38 AM »
I wish I could be as confident as some of you here. However, I have a feeling you people don't understand the importance of winning this next game. Being realistic, you realize that if we lose against Guatemala, it's basically game set and match, right? After Saturday the only SURE points will be against Cuba.

doh worry men, men just waiting on the result Saturday
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »
We winnin we have a winnin coach we safe

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2008, 07:35:10 AM »
We winnin we have a winnin coach we safe

If we lose that game on Saturday I will personally fly down to make sure that Pacho leaves on the next plane for Columbia & takes Jack & Oliver with him!!

We simply CYAH AFFORD to lose this game! Even a draw is a BADD result which will leave me calling for Pacho's head!!  :cursing:

Now go Soca Warriors and all the best for Saturday!
Who knows maybe Pacho is 'D Special One' who should not be questioned and his results will prove that there is a method to his madness!
Lets hope & pray so for all our sakes!  :waiting:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:10:47 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »
He really special

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 08:14:04 AM »

You are 100% right.  This is a must win game.  Guatemala will be coming with revenge on dey mind from last hex.  Ah really hope we pull out  de win.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2008, 09:44:45 AM »
Say what you want about getting results etc., the fact of the matter is the coach is a f*#king madman.  How can Birchall be good enough to start in a WCQ match and then 3 weeks later not be good enough to be part of a 22-man squad?  Meanwhile Hyland who was obviously 2nd choice behind Birchall in the pecking order and only played after he was injured, picked up a stupid red card and is only available for 1 of the 2 matches coming up is still in the squad?  Same thing goes for Stern, Roberts, Forbes etc. etc. one minute they good enough to be playing in important WCQ matches next thing they orf the squad completely?  But Toussaint still there even though he hasn't been good enough to get a minute of playing time in a WCQ so far.  Just madness.

Has Maturana done such in-depth scouting to be confident that Birchall's game is only suited to playing against Cuba and he will not be effective against Guatemala or USA, but Hyland and Akeil Guevera will?  I THINK NOT.  He might be a good coach (wait till we play stronger opposition before we pat him on the back) but his selection policy is pure f&#king madness!

Good post
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »
I say we get Asprilla to fire some shots in he tail and send him back to Colombia

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
Why is this silly notion of explaining why a player is not selected  so prominent?When Birchall get drop from Coventry is it explained to him?When Ancelotti drop Pirlo he explain it to him?Top level sports dont work that way plain and simple."Being hurt" that is sooo much sh*t! I see when John get drop he vex,this is not a village team,no fete match side.
Build a bridge and get over it!PLay some impressive club ball and prove a point instead of bitching!This is across the board!Nobody have a pick with their name on it!
Whatever is the reasoning of the coach respect the office!
tell them it was me

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
errrrrrrrrr............yes it is explained..........when Capello makes his selections he calls each player individually and when players are dropped he calls and explains.
In addiiton he has press conferences he answers questions about selection tactics etc
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

1]; } ?>