April 27, 2024, 08:45:46 AM

Author Topic: US OPEN  (Read 4586 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US OPEN
« on: August 30, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
It goin on peeps Venus and Serena may meet in d quaters loud steups
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US OPEN
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
D match playin dey in d 1/4 finals
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:07 PM »
my money is literally on Venus  :thumbsup:

that's to say i've backed her to win the whole thing, not just to win against her sister
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
I wit u dey Jay

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »
Tight match...Serena take it.  ;D ;D
Ketch footballitis

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »
ok missed it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:35:50 AM »
lil sister played much better.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:47 PM »
She betta go on and win d whole ting

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:24:55 PM »
Well I see the Fed Express is back on track with a behind-de-shed beating ah Murray in the US Open final. I see a couple of his matches in its entirety and he looked almost back to his full powers.

The mono really slow him down this year but you can't keep a good man down. I really look forward to seeing a great year next year. Hopefully a French Open next year -- for how well he played there without a title, he must ketch Nadal in he backyard at least once there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 01:26:20 AM »
OK all is well a Williams win in d women and d Swiss win a grand slam

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »
I was at the men's final yesterday- my first legit live tennis experience.....what domination by Federer...wow!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »
that is no.5 fuh RF.quite impressive.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
Well done Kicker when I get big I go b like u an go 2 d US open

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
I was at the men's final yesterday- my first legit live tennis experience.....what domination by Federer...wow!

kicker, i went to the women's final the day before...

been to wimbledon on the outside courts before but must say I enjoyed my first live tennis big game experience a whole lot more than I thought I would.. Gripping stuff..

ah going back next year fuh sure!

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »

Ah have to say ah jealous yuh dey, boss. You the man!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:29:15 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 08:27:42 PM »
Well I see the Fed Express is back on track with a behind-de-shed beating ah Murray in the US Open final. I see a couple of his matches in its entirety and he looked almost back to his full powers.

The mono really slow him down this year but you can't keep a good man down. I really look forward to seeing a great year next year. Hopefully a French Open next year -- for how well he played there without a title, he must ketch Nadal in he backyard at least once there.

Ah think Roger have to start looking at paying Nadal for the French. That man is a absolute monster on that surface.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:31:24 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:14:12 PM »

Ah think Roger have to start looking at paying Nadal for the French. That man is a absolute monster on that surface.

At some point Nadal will play below his ability whether it's due to injury or tired or just an off tournament. Plus the French is a tournament where all kinda men does come and pull upset on clay.

Nadal is the greatest clay player in history but I believe Fed go have his French title sometime.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

At some point Nadal will play below his ability whether it's due to injury or tired or just an off tournament. Plus the French is a tournament where all kinda men does come and pull upset on clay.

Nadal is the greatest clay player in history but I believe Fed go have his French title sometime.

Well I'm a Fed fan, but for Fed to win the French, he's going to have win it next year. That's his last possible chance. He is nearing thirty and in tennis years that's the equivalent of old age.

Judging from the unrelenting mauling he suffered at the hands of Nadal this year, he's going to have to really concentrate on his physical conditioning and endurance if he is to prevent Nadal from winning his fifth consecutive Roland Garros title.

If he is not going to commit himself to what I suggested above, then he might as well get knocked out in the 1st round of the French and concentrate on the other slams.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
One of our trini boys get a mention in this article. Nicolas Rose was a former TNT junior who moved to the States in the early 90's.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09062008/sports/tennis/serena_cruises_into_final_127795.htm
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:38:12 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »

Well I'm a Fed fan, but for Fed to win the French, he's going to have win it next year. That's his last possible chance. He is nearing thirty and in tennis years that's the equivalent of old age.

Judging from the unrelenting mauling he suffered at the hands of Nadal this year, he's going to have to really concentrate on his physical conditioning and endurance if he is to prevent Nadal from winning his fifth consecutive Roland Garros title.

If he is not going to commit himself to what I suggested above, then he might as well get knocked out in the 1st round of the French and concentrate on the other slams.

I agree the clock is ticking on Fed. But I know Fed is committed to winning it - when he eclipses Sampras's record for total slams, his focus will be solely on winning the French even to the detriment of performances in other slams. So I'd probably say he has about a 3 year window to win the French even though he's nearing 30 now.

I do think that next year is his best chance though. Nadal is coming off a tremendously long season (one of the longest seasons ever with his Olympic gold and now Davis Cup run with Spain) where he played through some niggling injuries. I think he'd be somewhat more vulnerable to injury and/or loss of fitness and form next year. Roger seems to be fully recovered from his mono illness which drained him last year and was largely responsible for the lack of fight he showed in the French final.

I am a big Fed believer so you'd find my expectations for him more optimistic than most.

1]; } ?>