March 28, 2024, 08:58:56 AM

Author Topic: NOW THERE IS 4TH: Moment of Truth: The Brutal Reality  (Read 1813 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
NOW THERE IS 4TH: Moment of Truth: The Brutal Reality
« on: September 07, 2005, 11:50:08 PM »
It's not over until it's over.  In as much as anyTNT fan would relish in our team's appearance in Germany,it's time we confront the brutal reality or come to grips with the moment of truth.

We have never been consistent nor have we had back to back resounding wins. The demise of our hopes and dreams is all but contingent on mathematicial possibilities , when it ought to be on dominating performances on the field.

Die hard or no die hard, we could  see from the team's  performances, that consitent inability  to perform at a level that is on par with teams like the USA, MEXICO AND COSTA RICA. If we are unable to demonstrate a consistent high level of play, how are we going to realistically perform on a bigger stage like Germany?  Do we honestly have the team to represent us? In as much as we all would like to see TNT in Germany, how realistically are our chances? Do our performances suggest that we will be moving on?

I mean how coud one explain the games we played aganist Mexico, down to 10 men against USA yet hold on to a 1-0 loss, come back in the last 5 mins  to defeat Guatemala and then fall flat aganist CR?

We go from the heights of hopes to the bottom of despair all in a matter of days. I am at a lost to figure this inconsistency in our play. The inability to score, the reliance on a dependable striker, the utter lapses in our defence is beyond my comprehension. How could we be so at a time when we ought to be on top of our game?

How do we approach the next game? do we keep doing the same things we are doing or do we make some bold moves? Let's start thinking 2010 for a second. Which core players from our present squad would form or could form the core for that team? what if we were to approach the remaining games with a revamped line up at the striker position ? Look it's a 50-50 gamble at this time. What do we have to lose? If you keep doing te same old things, you will keep getting the same old results.

The glimmer of hope and the flashes of brillance is quickly fading to teh same old  vision of days gone by. Thus far we have not dominated any game with the exception of the game aganist Panama (2-0)

How are we going to end the WCQ campaign? are we going down in a blaze of glory or in a whimper like dogs with their tails betwen their legs? I cast no blame nor lay any personal fault on any one person or any one area of the team. I have never played at this level nor have had the experience to know what it's like to compete at the level each  individual associated with the team is experiencing.

I simply do believe from my observations since the campaign began, that as a team we have never fully come up with a consistent dominating game that warrants a belief that we are truly worthy of being representatives on the BIG STAGE of Football. Frankly we struggled to and snuck in to the Gold Cup with a close win over Barbados. Our games in that tournament were again met with disappointing results. What has really changed since that Gold Cup tournament? Could we say that we have witnessed solid improvements from this team? Does the statistics show improved goal scoring? a more dangerous attack and improved play?

Yes CR has a history of success; Yes the USA is playing better football; Yes Mexico is dominating. But in truth I am not sure that any of those teams are convincingly beating us, rather I  see us as NOT convincingly playing at a level to dominate and  capatialize on our chances. It appears t me that we have competed in spurts with those teams yet, we lack that BROGETTI; that Beasley/ Donavan, that Ruiz TYPE player to take us to the next level.

One cannot rely on excuses for our demise but examine the reality of the present situation. We are not playing at the level we ought to be! it's not the artificial turf mr coach; whether you like it or not, these are conditions beyond  our control, what are the factors we have within our control that will assist with the positive oucome of the games?

Miracles are acts which affirms faith. At this time meh faith  eh too strong.Frankly speaking, I would love for miracles to occur and for TNT to be in Germany but relistically, I don't like our chances based on our performances at this time. I am frankly tired of ifs and ands, couldas and shouldas.

There is some solace in playing for fourth but I am not sure if this is simply delaying the inevitable reality which we are avoiding or denying.  In less than a week I am vaciliating from joy to despondency and maintaining a lingering hope that there may be a possibility of the red white and black in Germany. PRESENTLY IT IS AT HALF MAST.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:23:58 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are we ready to confront the moment of truth or the brutal reality?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 04:59:10 AM »
Well Said My Brother. To make it to the world Cup one has to win the home games.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 06:42:55 AM »
Under Beenie we have won our home games, so we can't fault the current combination of staff and players. But seriosuly fellas, the Costa Rica game was an expected loss.We playing on a small field where brazilians from Santos get licks 3-0...brazilians we talking about here, robinho's former teaammates who couldn't come to grips with the fast paced short passing game, so what did we really expect? The game against Panama on the road was always the must win one for us...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 06:48:20 AM »
IT EH OVER.

a win at panama (eliminated for all purposes and with suspensions) and another againsts mexico at home will get us in 4th. a tie and a win or even just a win might also get us in if guatemala fail to beat CR at home. guatemala WILL lose at mexico in their next game.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NOW THERE IS 4TH: Moment of Truth: The Brutal Reality
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 07:28:03 AM »
We HAVE TO WIN  and we MUST play better. Bottom line.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If We come 4th wen wud de playoff games occur
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 07:59:25 AM »
???

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If We come 4th wen wud de playoff games occur
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 08:13:43 AM »
I'm not sure if an exact date has been set yet.  Australia plays the fifth place finisher in South America in November.  I suspect the Concacaf-Asia playoff will go off at the same time.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: If We come 4th wen wud de playoff games occur
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 08:16:20 AM »
The European playoffs are usually on a date in the teens in November sp probably around the same time. Look at a combination of a saturday and wednesday around Nov 19th and u'l have your most likely dates.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 10:35:03 AM »
We have never been consistent .....

......I mean how could one explain the games we played aganist Mexico, down to 10 men against USA yet hold on to a 1-0 loss, come back in the last 5 mins  to defeat Guatemala and then fall flat aganist CR?

We go from the heights of hopes to the bottom of despair all in a matter of days. I am at a loss to figure this inconsistency in our play. 

Bredda, we are very consistant. Consistantly mediocre. Yes we are still in it and I am pretty optimistic. But we have never played well. Even at home. Those examples you gave are not examples of good football. In Mexico and the USA, we did better than expected, but any neutral watching the game would say we were pertty poor. We were pretty organized and disciplined...looked far better than expected, but there was no brilliance in the play. It was a good earnest effort to be proud of., but we were always 2nd best.

The win against Guatemala we were better than them, but we still could not string 5 passes together. No one touch football, no solid defensive unit, no speed. We collect 2 goals from a team that had no possession and win last minute. Yeah, it was an emotional high. Yeah it gave us some real hope, but our play has always been average to poor if you go by the standards expected of a WC qualifier. But so have Guatemala's and Panama's and as long as there is a mathematical chance dey doh deserve it any more than us so we going for it. If we do qualify, the real work must start.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 06:55:55 AM »
QUESTION: IS FOURTH  place an expectation or a REALITY?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 06:58:56 AM »
See here:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=3888.msg28225#msg28225

And stop bumping yuh gum with de same dam questions all de time.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 07:00:42 AM »
Sam,
You ought to read carefully and give a 'REASONED' response; rather than resorting to 'the pot calling the kettle black''

1]; } ?>