April 26, 2024, 12:14:17 AM

Author Topic: MEXICO V JAMAICA  (Read 12131 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: MEXICO V JAMAICA
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2008, 05:15:52 AM »
Y we does have 2 b d flag bearers of Cbbean unity. If d JA brand ugly it ugly

Not sure exactly waht was ugly about Jamaica's play vs Mexico. If anything, I see a wonderful lobbed goal, which almost had Adres Cantor the famed Mexican commentator peeing on himself.

A brilliant solo goal <> pretty brand

but all this brand talk is nonsense. Dat same brand has been mashing us up consistently for the last 10-12 years or so and it give Jamaica some hope in a very tough group. Congratulations. I must say that this reggae-fan is a lot different from that other smarmy pain who will come back like lice as soon as a positive result comes out of the Honduras game.

If Jamaica pull of the win on Wednesday they will have to hope Mexico and Honduras don't decide to just arrange a friendly "exciting" 2-2 draw in Honduras. Chances are Honduras will go through on goal difference even if Jamaica win against them and Canada. Ja don't score plenty at this level. Also if Mexico beat Canada on Wednesday, they will have no scruples calling up the youths for the last game in Honduras.
The only thing Jamaica have going for them is that Mexico not beneath wanting them to get through to have a weaker opponent in the hex. But Sven doh look like he have a clue about how Concacaf does function, so I doubt they will operate like that.

Will make for interesting viewing
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2008, 05:28:52 AM »
Good result for Ja, I was thinking the odda day, see how something like the weather still control us.
Ja had to swap its game with Mexico when the hurricane was coming for Ja last month, the result was Ja playing its first 3 games away, which is an extreme disadvantage in a 6 game group, especially in that tough group to boot.
Look at it this way, if Ja first 3 games was home and their 4th game was vs canada, they could have been on 10pts...Simoes will have still been there and qualification virtually guaranteed....
But so it go, u never know what woulda happen.

Beating Mex is a good result, rememebr how we felt in 2005 when we beat them to get the playoff spot...
It still tough for Ja, as they still very much in must win mode for their next 2 games.

Dont matter what brand of ball they play, that is just their style. it is also the style that has seen them having the upper hand on T&T over the last 15 years. Imagine they have 1 pt from 9, fire the coach and get that kinda support vs Mexico. We could learn something from them.
Their style has traditionally been team play, fight to the death, and take no prisoners. Kinda like a team with 11 Cyd Grays, imagine that. T&T in the recent past has been improving in that regard, while compromising some of their traditional open attacking, high skill-level, nieve football....
Somewhere in there is a Phd topic for a sociology student to link in the changing culture of Trinis as well in the last 10 years...(i really referring to crime, violene, aggressiveness, impatience, etc etc)..

good luck to Ja on Wed.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2008, 05:36:12 AM »
Somewhere in there is a Phd topic for a sociology student to link in the changing culture of Trinis as well in the last 10 years...(i really referring to crime, violene, aggressiveness, impatience, etc etc)..

The Jamrockisation of Trinidad and Tobago Society as reflected by evolving playing styles ? :thinking:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2008, 06:36:21 AM »
What is the capacity of the J'can stadium. It looks massive.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »

VB

Stadium official capacity is 35K when it was built in 1962. But i've seen it packed beyond that to the point. On a good day, it holds 40K.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2008, 08:14:07 AM »

Not sure exactly waht was ugly about Jamaica's play vs Mexico. If anything, I see a wonderful lobbed goal, which almost had Adres Cantor the famed Mexican commentator peeing on himself.

but all this brand talk is nonsense. Dat same brand has been mashing us up consistently for the last 10-12 years or so and it give Jamaica some hope in a very tough group. Congratulations. I must say that this reggae-fan is a lot different from that other smarmy pain who will come back like lice as soon as a positive result comes out of the Honduras game.

If Jamaica pull of the win on Wednesday they will have to hope Mexico and Honduras don't decide to just arrange a friendly "exciting" 2-2 draw in Honduras. Chances are Honduras will go through on goal difference even if Jamaica win against them and Canada. Ja don't score plenty at this level. Also if Mexico beat Canada on Wednesday, they will have no scruples calling up the youths for the last game in Honduras.
The only thing Jamaica have going for them is that Mexico not beneath wanting them to get through to have a weaker opponent in the hex. But Sven doh look like he have a clue about how Concacaf does function, so I doubt they will operate like that.

If Mexico fail to win in Canada on Wednesday, they will be forced to bring back all their players for the last game...as they would be looking at a scenario where they could be eliminated on the last day (If Jamaica wins its remaining games). Jamaica lose on Wednesday, and the group is effectively dead going into the last games, as both Jamaica and Canada would have already been eliminated.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »

How do you define "solo goal"?? there were at least 3-5 short passes in the Mexican defence before the goal was eventually scored.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2008, 08:29:10 AM »

VB

Stadium official capacity is 35K when it was built in 1962. But i've seen it packed beyond that to the point. On a good day, it holds 40K.

Ah have to give props to allyuh Jamaicans. Allyuh does come out to support yuh team in good times and in bad. Imagine for some WCQ's in Trinidad, is only ah set ah empty seats yuh seein' when yuh takin it in on de TV screen. If I were in Trinidad, I would be at all the games.

Us Trinis could learn something from Jamaicans in this regard.

1]; } ?>