March 28, 2024, 02:47:50 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF Next Round. Fixtures, Standings & More.  (Read 32718 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Group Of Death: Mex vs Hon, Jam vs Can
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »
Allyuh should beat Canada at the Office coz everybody gwine beat dem at home.Is ah matter of getting a draw away to Hon and beating them at home.Its really the group of death and ah wish yuh de best.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »
Allyuh should beat Canada at the Office coz everybody gwine beat dem at home.Is ah matter of getting a draw away to Hon and beating them at home.Its really the group of death and ah wish yuh de best.

Simoes went into the game with a defensive plan. I believe we could have seriously challenged them for 3 points had we gone into the game with a more attacking game plan. But I'm not complaining, i'll take the 1 point. I hope they get blown out in their next game vs h/onduras in San pedro sula.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »
Canada 1 - 1 Jam
Mex 2 - 1 Hon (75th minute)

i like how you wait until mexico score them 2 goals before you make yuh lil thread
well done

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »
anytime u can avoid defeat in WCQ away from home, and in north america, very good result.
Ja have to take care of business at home

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »
RF how  yuh dont post threads when JA loose..anyway dont let yuh fingers get wild posting threads

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »
RF how  yuh dont post threads when JA loose..anyway dont let yuh fingers get wild posting threads

It appears I dont post threads when Jamaica lose simply because Jamaica hardly lose.   ::)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:50 PM »

It appears I dont post threads when Jamaica lose simply because Jamaica hardly lose.   ::)
Did you really have to make a new thread for this? ::)
You really couldn't put it in one of the hundred threads you make about Jamaica since the semis draw been made? Is congratulations you looking for?

Congrats.

Happy?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
Yuh couldn't resist the opportunity to be nasty eh.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2008, 09:16:49 PM »
Yuh couldn't resist the opportunity to be nasty eh.

Yes JC I was being rel nasty and ah could not resist  ::)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:07 AM »

nice comeback.....fictional though it may be

this group hard no tail. i calling it as mexico honduras though
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2008, 07:12:54 AM »

Simoes went into the game with a defensive plan. I believe we could have seriously challenged them for 3 points had we gone into the game with a more attacking game plan. But I'm not complaining, i'll take the 1 point. I hope they get blown out in their next game vs h/onduras in San pedro sula.

wha game you watch you would have been beaten had you all open up ricketts was THE MOM he had an off day ......  If canada gets clicking they can do well against  honduras..... .. it may dam well come down to the final game between canada and jamaica and the pressure will be on JA to win at home
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2008, 07:14:42 AM »
ah backing canada & the yardies.

look highlights of both games here - http://digg.com/soccer/CONCACAF_World_Cup_Qualifying_Summaries_Highlights

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2008, 07:27:26 AM »
It look like JA go need thee lighting BOLT. ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »

wha game you watch you would have been beaten had you all open up ricketts was THE MOM he had an off day ......  If canada gets clicking they can do well against  honduras..... .. it may dam well come down to the final game between canada and jamaica and the pressure will be on JA to win at home

simoes played a very tactical game, and it paid off. It was a compact game from Jamaica. Lets face it, Canada has some decent talent in their side. so the Jamaica plan worked well. With on eplayer upfront, and a defensive minded midfield, Iwasnt expecting us to mount any sort of offense on the Canadian goal. But we managed to atack them, and even score one...My thinking is that we could have done better under normal circumstances with two attackers.

If it comes down to us needing a win on the last day, I'm pretty happy that it will be us playing at home to Canada as opposed to having to travel to Tegucigalpa to face Honduras, which would be more pressuring. Canada in a tight spot right now. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2008, 07:36:24 AM »

simoes played a very tactical game, and it paid off. It was a compact game from Jamaica. Lets face it, Canada has some decent talent in their side. so the Jamaica plan worked well. With on eplayer upfront, and a defensive minded midfield, Iwasnt expecting us to mount any sort of offense on the Canadian goal. But we managed to atack them, and even score one...My thinking is that we could have done better under normal circumstances with two attackers.

If it comes down to us needing a win on the last day, I'm pretty happy that it will be us playing at home to Canada as opposed to having to travel to Tegucigalpa to face Honduras, which would be more pressuring. Canada in a tight spot right now. 

yes of a rare attacking move  thank god is dale mitchell coaching canada
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »

yes of a rare attacking move  thank god is dale mitchell coaching canada

Canada are just being themselves. The result yesterday doesnt surprise me one bit.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2008, 09:07:13 AM »
RF, ah have to congratulate you and your countrymen/women on their incredible display at the olympics. Well done brother, well done.

BTW congrats on the draw also - see you in South Africa :beermug:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Concacaf Round Up
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago beats Cuba 3-1 in qualifier

Buzz Up PrintHAVANA (AP)—Daniel Keon scored twice, Cornell Glen added a goal and Trinidad and Tobago used superior size and strength to beat Cuba 3-1 Wednesday night as the semifinal round of World Cup qualifying began in the North and Central American and Caribbean region qualifying.

Keon swiped an errant pass in the 27th minute and beat goalkeeper Dany Luis Quintero, then scored on a left-footed free kick from outside the penalty area in the 61st. Glen made it 3-0 five minutes later.

Jeniel Marquez scored for Cuba in the 85th. T&T finished a man short after Khaleem Hyland, who entered in the 43rd minute, was ejected in the 71st for rough play.

A crowd of about 1,500, far less than half the capacity, attended the match at Pedro Marero Stadium. Cuba hosts the United States on Sept. 6, the first match in Cuba for the U.S. national soccer team. Guatemala also is in the group, and the top two nations advance to next year’s regional finals.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Concacaf Round Up
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2008, 12:15:08 PM »
USA survives football World Cup qualifying scare against Guatemala

Buzz Up PrintPARIS (AFP) - The United States opened their semi-final round of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa qualifying with a 1-0 win over host Guatemala on Wednesday.

American defender Carlos Bocanegra scored the lone goal in the 69th minute for the Americans who were outplayed for much of the game but managed to escape with the win.

Bocanegra scored his 10th goal in his 59th international game by heading in a corner kick from teammate DaMarcus Beasley.

Beasley replaced Eddie Lewis in the 56th minute after Lewis left the game with a head injury.

Canadian goaltender Pat Onstad was the victim of an own goal which allowed Jamaica to tie their Group 2 match 1-1.

Julian De Guzman scored for Canada in the 47th minute to open the scoring.

Pavel Pardo scored two goals as Mexico rallied from a 1-0 halftime deficit to edge Honduras 2-1 on Wednesday.

Pardo's goals came in a three-minute span after Julio Cesar De Leon had given underdog Honduras a lead in the 35th minute
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »
Costa Rica beats El Salvador 1-0 on penalty kick

Buzz Up PrintSAN JOSE, Costa Rica (AP)—Alvaro Saborio converted a penalty kick in the first minute of the second half to give Costa Rica a 1-0 victory against El Salvador on Wednesday night in the semifinal round of World Cup qualifying.

Costa Rica, which was awarded the penalty kick after Alfredo Pachecho fouled Alonso Solis, leads Group Three of the North and Central American and Caribbean region. In the group’s other game, Suriname played a 2-2 tie at Haiti.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »
Mexico wins in Eriksson’s first match as coach

Buzz Up PrintMEXICO CITY (AP)—Mexico won Sven-Goran Eriksson’s debut as coach, rallying to beat Honduras 2-1 in a World Cup qualifier Wednesday night as Pavel Pardo scored twice in the second half.

“The team suffered but they played with a lot of will in front of an amazing public,” Eriksson said.

A former manager of England’s national team and Manchester City, Eriksson was hired in June to replace Hugo Sanchez after Mexico’s under-23 team failed to qualify for the Beijing Olympics.

Julio Cesar Leon put Honduras ahead in the 35th minute on a free kick that hit the crossbar and bounced into the goal.

Pardo tied it with a shot from outside the penalty area in the 73rd minute, then beat goalkeeper Noel Valladares with a free kick in the 76th.

“We won this game fighting,” Pardo said. “But we still have to play better if we want to go all the way.”

Maynor Figueroa of Honduras was ejected in the 77th minute after receiving his second yellow card.

In the group’s other match, Jamaica gained a 1-1 tie at Canada. The top two teams in each of the three groups in the North and Central American and Caribbean region.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2008, 12:21:06 PM »
Jamaica hold Canada to draw in World Cup qualifier

Buzz Up PrintTORONTO, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Canada were held to a 1-1 draw by Jamaica in the opening Group Two match of their CONCACAF World Cup third round qualifiers at BMO Field on Wednesday.

Spain-based midfielder Julian de Guzman put the home team ahead in the 47th minute before the Jamaicans levelled five minutes later through an own goal by Canada goalkeeper Pat Onstad.

Mexico and Honduras are also in Group Two for this round of home and away qualifiers which ends on Nov. 19.

The top two in each of the three groups qualify for next year’s final round robin stage, from which three teams go through to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

The fourth-placed team faces a playoff against the fifth-placed team in South America. (Writing by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by John O’Brien)

Warrior For Life !!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2008, 12:29:17 PM »
Poor Honduras

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2008, 01:42:23 PM »
beleive should beat Canada at the Office coz everybody gwine beat dem at home.Is ah matter of getting a draw away to Hon and beating them at home.Its really the group of death and ah wish yuh de best.

i dont see Canada getting blown out but i believe ja can beat Canada & Hon at home

TrinInfinite

How many Points you think TT will Qualify with?
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »
Out of the semi-final round and hex?

Semifinal Round/Ronda Semifinales
Group/Grupo AGroup/Grupo A GP/PJ W/G L/D T/E +/- PTS
Trinidad & Tobago 1 1 0 0 3:1 3
USA 1 1 0 0 1:0 3
Guatemala 1 0 1 0 0:1 0
Cuba 1 0 1 0 1:3 0

20.8.2008 Cuba - Trinidad & Tobago 1:3 (0:1) La Habana, CUB
20.8.2008 Guatemala - USA 0:1 (0:0) Ciudad de Guatemala, GUA
6.9.2008 Trinidad & Tobago - Guatemala TBD TBD, TRI
6.9.2008 Cuba - USA 20:00 La Habana, CUB
10.9.2008 USA - Trinidad & Tobago 19:00 Bridgeview, Illinois USA
10.9.2008 Guatemala - Cuba 20:00 Ciudad de Guatemala, GUA
11.10.2008 Guatemala - Trinidad & Tobago 20:00 Ciudad de Guatemala, GUA
11.10.2008 USA - Cuba 16:00 Washington, D.C. USA
15.10.2008 Trinidad & Tobago - USA TBD TBD, TRI
15.10.2008 Cuba - Guatemala 20:00 La Habana, CUB
19.11.2008 Trinidad & Tobago - Cuba TBD TBD, TRI
19.11.2008 USA - Guatemala TBD Commerce City, Colorado USA

Group/Grupo BGroup/Grupo B GP/PJ W/G L/D T/E +/- PTS
Mexico 1 1 0 0 2:1 3
Canada 1 0 0 0 1:1 1
Jamaica 1 0 0 1 1:1 1
Honduras 1 0 1 0 1:2 0

20.8.2008 Canada - Jamaica 1:1 (0:0) Toronto, Ontario CAN
20.8.2008 Mexico - Honduras 2:1 (0:1) Ciudad de Mexico, MEX
6.9.2008 Jamaica - Mexico 19:00 Kingston, JAM
6.9.2008 Canada - Honduras 20:00 Montreal, Quebec CAN
10.9.2008 Honduras - Jamaica TBD TBD, HON
10.9.2008 Mexico - Canada 20:00 Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas MEX
11.10.2008 Mexico - Jamaica 21:00 Ciudad de Mexico, MEX
11.10.2008 Honduras - Canada TBD TBD, HON
15.10.2008 Jamaica - Honduras 19:00 Kingston, JAM
15.10.2008 Canada - Mexico 19:00 Edmonton, Alberta CAN
19.11.2008 Jamaica - Canada TBD Kingston, JAM
19.11.2008 Honduras - Mexico TBD TBD, HON

Group/Grupo CGroup/Grupo C GP/PJ W/G L/D T/E +/- PTS
Costa Rica 1 1 0 0 1:0 3
Haiti 1 0 0 1 2:2 1
Surinam 1 0 0 1 2:2 1
El Salvador 1 0 1 0 0:1 0

20.8.2008 Costa Rica - El Salvador 1:0 (0:0) San Jose, CRC
20.8.2008 Haiti - Surinam 2:2 (0:2) Port-au-Prince, HAI
6.9.2008 El Salvador - Haiti 20:00 San Salvador, SLV
6.9.2008 Costa Rica - Surinam 20:00 San Jose, CRC
10.9.2008 Surinam - El Salvador 16:30 Paramaribo, SUR
10.9.2008 Haiti - Costa Rica 17:00 Port-au-Prince, HAI
11.10.2008 Haiti - El Salvador 17:00 Port-au-Prince, HAI
11.10.2008 Surinam - Costa Rica 16:30 Paramaribo, SUR
15.10.2008 El Salvador - Surinam 20:00 San Salvador, SLV
15.10.2008 Costa Rica - Haiti 20:00 San Jose, CRC
19.11.2008 El Salvador - Costa Rica TBD San Salvador, SLV
19.11.2008 Surinam - Haiti TBD Paramaribo, SUR

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Concacaf 10/09/2008 WCQ Results
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
FT   Suriname   0 - 2   El Salvador

1   [0 - 1]      Martin
12     [0 - 2]      Zeleya    

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Concacaf 10/09/2008 WCQ Results
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
i kinda expected suriname to take this game
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »
 FT   Haiti   1 - 3   Costa Rica

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »
FT   Mexico   2 - 1   Canada
 FT   Honduras   2 - 0   Jamaica

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The HEX
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2008, 03:34:33 AM »
So the Hex could look something like this:
Mex
USA
CR
Hond
ESal
TT or Guat.
For us to be certain of a place and an automatic place we have to beat all those teams at home because we would most likely be beaten by all those teams away, apart from El Salvador.In theory that is how it looks to me but we know things dont always work that way.We now have to hope that things get better than they are at present especially with the new selection policy,John,Birchill,Samuel,Lawrence etc.This change gives us more of a chance than we had before and we can certainly surprise some of the big guns at home and even take points away to them.I am seeing some light in the horizon.

1]; } ?>