March 29, 2024, 04:03:02 AM

Author Topic: Joe Public beats NE Revolution in CONCACAF opener.  (Read 7145 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public beats NE Revolution in CONCACAF opener.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
I thought all yuh did n't  like Guyanese!!!!!!!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 03:54:30 PM »
jp win bc they have a creative mid, dwarika is the key in that jp team, he causes too many problems, our national team doh have a damn creative mid like i have been saying, hardest, dwarika, guerra can all add to the natl

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
wats up people a well played game by joe public . dwarika and richardson should be considered for nationals.
Richardson is Guyanese.

Naturalize him!! ...the fella could play ..he doh hav a Trini grandmum??
 :beermug:

Too late, he does already play for de Guyanese national team.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
wats up people a well played game by joe public . dwarika and richardson should be considered for nationals.
Richardson is Guyanese.

we have players in trinidad better than richardson so why the hell should we do dat... ???

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 04:09:51 PM »
It's very interesting to me when you can get a report like this from a team/club/reporters from the MLS,people who are seeing/playing against this team for the first time,a team based on reports on this site would have thought this team was a shyt team,i'm yet to see a report anything close to this from a reporter in T&T,i know this may be is a surprise to most but based on the history of this team it should not be because the Pro league has grown and is not only Jabloteh it have,they are not doing as well as they should but they are a force,they have proved themselves by their results in the league,the criticisms leveled against them is only because they are associated with JW but what they are doing is no different to what all other teams do,so i want to say well done JP keep up the good works. 
Coops, I watch the game and for the first 75 minutes Joe Public basically dominated the game.  What Joe Public did is exactly what our national team has to do in order to compete with the us....attack.

Dwarika and Richardson were a thorn in the side of the revs.  They really had no answer for either of them.  The one thing that US coaches fear in T&T players is our skill and that is exactly what we do not use against them.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why we do not attack, dribble and be creative against the US.  To me that is our only chance to win.  BEAT THEM....

Kudos to Joe Public as I thought the game was entertaining.
       I understand and agree with your thoughts here but from my experience i will say that through out our history our strengths has always been our individual skills/flair,our downfall has always been our ability to play as a team,i think the modern game takes away the individualism and places more emphasis on playing as a team,through that players have lost their confidence to dribble and be creative,today if you are successful with it you are a hero and vilified if you are not,it's the easiest way to not make a team (just dribble too much) although i think every team needs a good dribbler on it.You will find our teams on any given day will play excellent and the next poorly because our success most times depends on who we play,our game in recent years has been very defensive and there are lots of reasons for that,we more tend to try and keep possession/play it safe than take risk,Latapy is a perfect example he was too risky for Benie,any how i gone.

Coops, I tend to agree with yuh to some extent but I beg to differ.  Yes football move away from individualism but what makes Christiano Ronaldo the best in the world?  Of course it is his creativity and ability to finish.  Think about this for a minute.. As a defender you have to mark Ronaldo, is whole night before the game you cyar sleep.  

I bet yuh, the coach in New England thinging right now how to stop Dwarika and Richardson.  Coops, remember, players could play but few have that kind of technical ability and the confidence to do it in a game.  The great players know how to play with flair within the confines of the game plan.  As a coach, yuh does practice when to dribble and when to pass, right?  Same thing but on a bigger, grander stage.

JP, take it to them, that is your only chance for success!! Like my father always used to tell me "offense is your best defense".  
Arimian to meh heart

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
boy JP played all over NR Revolution.. The game could have easily ended up 5-2 in favor of JP. I hope they play de same way come de return leg..
War..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
It's very interesting to me when you can get a report like this from a team/club/reporters from the MLS,people who are seeing/playing against this team for the first time,a team based on reports on this site would have thought this team was a shyt team,i'm yet to see a report anything close to this from a reporter in T&T,i know this may be is a surprise to most but based on the history of this team it should not be because the Pro league has grown and is not only Jabloteh it have,they are not doing as well as they should but they are a force,they have proved themselves by their results in the league,the criticisms leveled against them is only because they are associated with JW but what they are doing is no different to what all other teams do,so i want to say well done JP keep up the good works. 
Coops, I watch the game and for the first 75 minutes Joe Public basically dominated the game.  What Joe Public did is exactly what our national team has to do in order to compete with the us....attack.

Dwarika and Richardson were a thorn in the side of the revs.  They really had no answer for either of them.  The one thing that US coaches fear in T&T players is our skill and that is exactly what we do not use against them.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why we do not attack, dribble and be creative against the US.  To me that is our only chance to win.  BEAT THEM....

I understand and agree with your thoughts here but from my experience i will say that through out our history our strengths has always been our individual skills/flair,our downfall has always been our ability to play as a team,i think the modern game takes away the individualism and places more emphasis on playing as a team,through that players have lost their confidence to dribble and be creative,today if you are successful with it you are a hero and vilified if you are not,it's the easiest way to not make a team (just dribble too much) although i think every team needs a good dribbler on it.You will find our teams on any given day will play excellent and the next poorly because our success most times depends on who we play,our game in recent years has been very defensive and there are lots of reasons for that,we more tend to try and keep possession/play it safe than take risk,Latapy is a perfect example he was too risky for Benie,any how i gone.

Coops, I tend to agree with yuh to some extent but I beg to differ.  Yes football move away from individualism but what makes Christiano Ronaldo the best in the world?  Of course it is his creativity and ability to finish.  Think about this for a minute.. As a defender you have to mark Ronaldo, is whole night before the game you cyar sleep.  

I bet yuh, the coach in New England thinging right now how to stop Dwarika and Richardson.  Coops, remember, players could play but few have that kind of technical ability and the confidence to do it in a game.  The great players know how to play with flair within the confines of the game plan.  As a coach, yuh does practice when to dribble and when to pass, right?  Same thing but on a bigger, grander stage.

JP, take it to them, that is your only chance for success!! Like my father always used to tell me "offense is your best defense".  
       I don't think you get a grasp of what i was trying to say,i'm with you on your assesment because i too come from an era of individualism,if you could not handle yourself Crapau smoke your pipe,if you notice i said we need these kind of players in every team but what is happening especially here in the US it's discouraged so you find their players are very robotic,individualism is what seperates you from the rest of the field,Coaches always looking for what a player can bring to his game plan/structure.
       As a Coach give me my dribblers any day,i'm old school i still like a lot of flair,i tend to be more attack orientated than anything else,yes like your father said, he and i played together in the same Aranguez league, those days were all out attack Football,how long could you defend for,you must leave the back at some time,any how i think we have the same trend of thought.   

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 05:04:55 PM »
Full highlights (In English).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 06:08:08 PM »
Richardson is Guyanese.

what type ah shit allyuh fellas encouraging

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
usuallly our teams get mauled in the return leg in the US so Joe public go out there and represent please

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:16 PM »
Full highlights (In English).

thanks for that flex..

lawd that nelson fellah real throw way boy..

he's ah jamaican nuh?!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
From them highlights, JP make NE look ordinary.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
Richardson is Guyanese.

no thats the right thing to do. especially from another west indian country.  it good for him and tnt both.  check if his caps were valid like how some  of Hyland caps were invalid

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:42 PM »
Richardson is Guyanese.

no thats the right thing to do. especially from another west indian country.  it good for him and tnt both.  check if his caps were valid like how some  of Hyland caps were invalid

lol not because he is from a west indian country means its a good thing to do..when our athletes are getting naturalise with the intentions to rep USA or Canada we dont like it..we feel like he is not loyal to our country and he dis we... but yet we want to persuade a man from another country to rep us, think how his countrymen will feel..him reppin T&T does not improve Guyaneese football !!..and him reppin T&T does not rep de caribbean or west indies...this is not cricket! lol..this is T&T national team..the same way it have a Guyana and Jamica national team
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:22:31 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 06:07:08 AM »

I don't think you get a grasp of what i was trying to say,i'm with you on your assesment because i too come from an era of individualism,if you could not handle yourself Crapau smoke your pipe,if you notice i said we need these kind of players in every team but what is happening especially here in the US it's discouraged so you find their players are very robotic,individualism is what seperates you from the rest of the field,Coaches always looking for what a player can bring to his game plan/structure.
       As a Coach give me my dribblers any day,i'm old school i still like a lot of flair,i tend to be more attack orientated than anything else,yes like your father said, he and i played together in the same Aranguez league, those days were all out attack Football,how long could you defend for,you must leave the back at some time,any how i think we have the same trend of thought.   

I get what you are saying....I understand.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »
Richardson is Guyanese.

Damm that boy would be a great edition to our team he have talent,poise and speed with some deaf touches.....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »
Like they showing JP vs NE right now. What about the JA side. I thought that was showing tonight.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

I think you make good points here.

However.....you say that Latas was too risky for Beenie and to a large extent that is true.

What's left unsaid is WHY Latas may have been deemed too risky for Beenie.

Latas started the Guatemala, Panama, Mexico, and 1st leg playoff game against Bahrain.  Aganst Guatemala, a team that resembled our own, Latas was at his most effective.

In Panama, he was less so.  We were playing away from home needing victory but we absolutely could not afford a loss against them.  He saw much less of the ball and was less effective.

Against Mexico, he played wonderfully well in what was for the most part, an open game.  A game where players were afforded room to play even though we needed to win.  Mexico could afford to play that way because they had already qualified.  This kind of game is where Latas excels and excel he did.

The 1st leg game against Bahrain revealed the chinks in Latas' armor.  They came for a point.  They set out their stall from early, and knew exactly who our danger men were.  Latas was rendered ineffective for the vast majority of time that he was on the field.  Beenie knew he could not afford such a luxury in Bahrain and dropped Latas from the starting lineup.  A move that Latas hilmself said he agreed with.

After the euphoria of qualifying for the World Cup, the real test of preparing ourselved against the European style team that we would play in our group began.  It is clear to see that ALL the players adore playing with Latas.  When Latas is on the field, the team gets a visible lift.  The players up their adrenaline levels and are anxious to play FOOTBALL because when he's on the field, you know that Latas is one man will find you no matter where you are.  All of these are tremendous positives.

But there is also a downside to that.  Having played Iceland and Wales...game in which we did well but lost to Wales although outplaying them we then moved on to opposition that closer resembled our opponents in our world cup group.  We were beaten handily and soundly by BOTH Slovakia & Czech Republic.  Our weaknesses were glaring.  We allowed the opposition too much room, we played too slowly, we lost our shape and discipline in defence far too often, and we had little creativity in attack because we were busy defending for much of the game.

Having seen those weaknesses going into the World Cup, any thought of playing the same way quickly and RIGHTFULLY went out the window.  Instead, a more pragmatic, disciplined, and tactical approach was taken and adopted.  Boring....yes.  Defensive minded....yes.  Necessary....oh yes.

The very characterisitics that Latas possesses that make him such a joy to play with and are positives for the team became negatives in this disciplined way of playing at the world cup.  It begs the question....what was the primary goal of our World Cup participation?

Was it to introduce the world to "kaisoca soccer"? Whatever that is?

Was it to play attractive, attacking football, taking the attack to the opposition even though the results against Slovakia & Czech Republic were fresh in our minds?

Was it to go there and not be embarassed at all costs?

Was it to go and play to the best of our ability and show that we belonged at this level?

Well whatever it is...rhere will always be debate about Latas' role or lack thereof in the World Cup.  But no matter what your opinion is, there are good reasons either way for what transpired.
Eh that have to be one ah the post of the year ,wicked post palos ,this ties een with what touches had say say a year ago ,about hoe when latas came een we got scored on . :applause:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
ah now watch de highlights from this game and that #14 is the biggest sh*tsnake ah ever see in my life. He was playing for NE or what? >:(

Anyway good win by JP, anybody know when the return game is?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
Tuesday Sept. 2nd at 8pm
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Richardson is Guyanese.

Why and we could use Arnold. He could fuh shaw make tha national team in tha midfield deh boi. How old he is now around 33 or 34 right? We need ah creative midfielder.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:32:55 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>