April 27, 2024, 10:28:20 PM

Author Topic: Monchengladbach sign U.S. midfielder Bradley  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Monchengladbach sign U.S. midfielder Bradley
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:31:08 PM »
Monchengladbach sign U.S. midfielder Bradley

Borussia Monchengladbach have completed the signing of USA midfielder Michael Bradley after he passed a medical on Monday.

The 21-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the Bundesliga new boys after joining from Eredivisie outfit Heerenveen.

Monchengladbach coach Jos Luhukay had been keen to strengthen his squad to avoid an immediate return to the second division.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Monchengladbach sign U.S. midfielder Bradley
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »
Why post this crap here?  This is the SocaWarriors forum, I highly doubt anyone cares about Bradley or the USA team unless it has something to do with T&T's game against them (please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong)

I may be out of line but I hate both Bradley and the USMNT  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:44:21 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »
Breds with the amount of non T&T-football crap that's regularly posted here why even bother.....if the admins don't care why should you?

Men talking dem talk.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
Bradley made the right move

When 21-year old US international midfielder Michael Bradley completed his from Heerenveen to Borussia Moenchengladbach, the reaction of most US soccer fans were pretty simple:

What the heck is a Moenchengladbach? Why would Bradley ever want to go there?

Frankly, those were my reactions as well as I wasn’t entirely schooled on the Bundesliga and it’s newly promoted members. Nor did I know that Moenchengladbach is actually the name of the city of Bradley’s new team. Shock all around, obviously.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
McDowell wants Harrington pairing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7597876.stm

Ryder Cup debutant Graeme McDowell is hoping to strike up a winning partnership with his fellow Irishman Padraig Harrington at Valhalla.

McDowell believes that an all-Irish pairing would be an obvious option for European skipper Nick Faldo.

"If we played together and played well on the first day, maybe we would get a couple of games on the Saturday as well," said the Northern Irishman.

McDowell acknowledged his surprise at Darren Clarke's omission from the team.

"My money was on (Ian) Poulter and Clarkey to make the wildcards but he (Faldo) threw (Paul) Casey in there," said McDowell.

McDowell sad at Clarke absence

"I was a little surprised and disappointed, obviously, as I would love to have Darren in the team and maybe have got a game with him.

"Darren has got a fantastic Ryder Cup record and he's a great match player, the kind of man you want in the side but Paul Casey is a wonderful player as well.

"Paul's matchplay record is outstanding and he's a World Match Play champion and a really solid player.

"I'm disappointed for Darren but I think we've got a great team and a really good chance to win."

McDowell added that he has not had much contact so far with Faldo in the build-up to the 19-21 September contest in Kentucky.

I'm disappointed for Darren but I think we've got a great team and a really good chance to win
Graeme McDowell

"He's kept a pretty low-profile in Europe and let the guys get on with their jobs," he added.

"Until the team was made solid, he's hasn't been able to say much or do much. Now hopefully the floodgates will open and he'll be able to give us all a call and talk about the schedule a little bit."

McDowell acknowledged that playing in the Ryder Cup will fulfil one of his big career ambitions.

"You give yourself that pat on the back and say, 'I've done it'. It feels pretty good to be able to look forward to it now," he said.

"It's been a dream of mine to play in the Ryder Cup and I was devastated not to play at the K Club a couple of years ago."

GOLF BLOG
Clarke is surely entitled to feel aggrieved

BBC 5 Live golf correspondent Iain Carter

McDowell's impressive Scottish Open victory in July secured his Ryder Cup berth and the 29-year-old has been able to opt out of a few recent events to ensure that he will be fresh for Valhalla.

"I think I am playing well enough at the minute. I'm going to play next week in Germany and take my coach there and get my game ready," he added.

"If I can bring that form to Valhalla, I fully expect to be winning points."

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »
McDowell wants Harrington pairing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7597876.stm

Ryder Cup debutant Graeme McDowell is hoping to strike up a winning partnership with his fellow Irishman Padraig Harrington at Valhalla.

McDowell believes that an all-Irish pairing would be an obvious option for European skipper Nick Faldo.

"If we played together and played well on the first day, maybe we would get a couple of games on the Saturday as well," said the Northern Irishman.

McDowell acknowledged his surprise at Darren Clarke's omission from the team.

"My money was on (Ian) Poulter and Clarkey to make the wildcards but he (Faldo) threw (Paul) Casey in there," said McDowell.

McDowell sad at Clarke absence

"I was a little surprised and disappointed, obviously, as I would love to have Darren in the team and maybe have got a game with him.

"Darren has got a fantastic Ryder Cup record and he's a great match player, the kind of man you want in the side but Paul Casey is a wonderful player as well.

"Paul's matchplay record is outstanding and he's a World Match Play champion and a really solid player.

"I'm disappointed for Darren but I think we've got a great team and a really good chance to win."

McDowell added that he has not had much contact so far with Faldo in the build-up to the 19-21 September contest in Kentucky.

I'm disappointed for Darren but I think we've got a great team and a really good chance to win
Graeme McDowell

"He's kept a pretty low-profile in Europe and let the guys get on with their jobs," he added.

"Until the team was made solid, he's hasn't been able to say much or do much. Now hopefully the floodgates will open and he'll be able to give us all a call and talk about the schedule a little bit."

McDowell acknowledged that playing in the Ryder Cup will fulfil one of his big career ambitions.

"You give yourself that pat on the back and say, 'I've done it'. It feels pretty good to be able to look forward to it now," he said.

"It's been a dream of mine to play in the Ryder Cup and I was devastated not to play at the K Club a couple of years ago."

GOLF BLOG
Clarke is surely entitled to feel aggrieved

BBC 5 Live golf correspondent Iain Carter

McDowell's impressive Scottish Open victory in July secured his Ryder Cup berth and the 29-year-old has been able to opt out of a few recent events to ensure that he will be fresh for Valhalla.

"I think I am playing well enough at the minute. I'm going to play next week in Germany and take my coach there and get my game ready," he added.

"If I can bring that form to Valhalla, I fully expect to be winning points."

LOL! Touche!

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
Next will be a USA forever thread! Lord!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
I support every word theworm2345 say bout USA and Bradley.Tell dem go somewhere else and post go to hell USA.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
Omar...yuh is a wicked wicked fella...

Ah hope yuh bun in hell for making me buss ah gut like that

:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »
relax allyuh self nah, zeppo and winipeg fury have been posting USA and Canadian stories respectively on this site for years!!

Good post omar......lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>