May 31, 2024, 07:55:16 PM

Author Topic: Players transfer thead (2008).  (Read 59508 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arshavin sets heart on Barca move
« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »
arshavin stock went down a lil bit today. where was he in today's match?

yeah, i put out an amber alert for him cause he was definitely missing today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2008, 07:27:05 PM »
Granted that I didn't see the game today...I doh think he stock went down at all... de man building up his credentials over most of the past 18 months, hard to see how significant a drop off one game can have on how teams (who've been tracking you for months) would rate you.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2008, 07:34:44 PM »
I was excited about him as I thought that he would be in Chelsea's plans. He was a no show today and flatter to deceive. Russia needed him to step up to the plate and he was lost, truly lost should have been substituted.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm staying at Arsenal - Adebayor-Hard Luck Arsenal Fans......
« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »
I'm staying at Arsenal - Adebayor
(BBC SPORT)

Emmanuel Adebayor has ended speculation about his immediate future by announcing he is staying at Arsenal.

The Togo striker, who scored 30 goals in 48 games for Arsenal last season, has been a target for both Italian side AC Milan and Catalan club Barcelona.

But the 24-year-old said in Vienna: "I am an Arsenal player and have three years left on my contract.

"The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."

AC Milan, who signed Mathieu Flamini from the Gunners in May, had previously announced that Adebayor was their only other target this summer.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has also been in Austria for the European Championship, but has not spoken to Adebayor about the player's future.

Should talks ever take place over a move, the former Monaco striker insisted money would not be a factor.

"When I was young I had a dream to be a good footballer and play for a big team," said Adebayor, who was in Vienna with his sponsors.

"I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now.

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm staying at Arsenal - Adebayor-Hard Luck Arsenal Fans......
« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2008, 07:04:39 AM »
FLi !, you OK man? :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2008, 07:20:44 AM »

Arsenal shoulda take whatever they coulda get for him now and run.....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2008, 07:23:55 AM »
I'm staying at Arsenal - Adebayor
(BBC SPORT)

Emmanuel Adebayor has ended speculation about his immediate future by announcing he is staying at Arsenal.

The Togo striker, who scored 30 goals in 48 games for Arsenal last season, has been a target for both Italian side AC Milan and Catalan club Barcelona.

But the 24-year-old said in Vienna: "I am an Arsenal player and have three years left on my contract.

"The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."

AC Milan, who signed Mathieu Flamini from the Gunners in May, had previously announced that Adebayor was their only other target this summer.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has also been in Austria for the European Championship, but has not spoken to Adebayor about the player's future.

Should talks ever take place over a move, the former Monaco striker insisted money would not be a factor.

"When I was young I had a dream to be a good footballer and play for a big team," said Adebayor, who was in Vienna with his sponsors.

"I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now.

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

somebody tell wenger to turn off the tele-prompter..

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »
Only russian player I ever will rave about was Igor Shalimov.... but this guy looks legit to hype for a while......!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
Arshavin takes Spanish lessons as Russian flop

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8286112/Arshavin-takes-Spanish-lessons-as-Russian-flop

VIENNA, Austria (AP) - The Russian who says he wants to play for Barcelona was given something very serious to think about Thursday by a Spanish team that showed what true class is all about.

If he ever lines up alongside Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta in a Barcelona midfield, as he has indicated he wants to do, Arshavin may contribute to a top quality side.

Maybe the men who already play in the famous Barca shirts wanted to show him something in the 3-0 drubbing that sent Spain to the European Championship final against Germany on Sunday.

Russia's playmaker, who helped Zenit St. Petersburg win the UEFA Cup, felt the full force of La Liga and came off second best.

The diminutive midfielder with the silky dribble left all his talent in the changing room and appeared powerless to stop Spain. Arshavin had to sit out Russia's 4-1 loss to the Spaniards in group play because of suspension. He virtually did the same here.

Sadly, on the night he was supposed to be Russia's big weapon in an audacious bid to reach the final against Germany, it was as if he had once again virtually joined the 51,000 spectators in admiring the adventurous Spaniards again.

Having served his two-game ban, Arshavin played a major part in Russia's amazing charge to the semifinal, scoring or setting up goals in the victories over Sweden and the Netherlands and putting himself at the front of the chase for the player of the championship award.

This simply wasn't his night and, although he played the full 90 minutes, he contributed absolutely nothing to Russia's bid to give coach Guus Hiddink a rare final after two World Cup semifinal losses with the Netherlands and South Korea.

For the second night in a row, storms hit the Euros almost as if to add to the atmosphere.

Lightning flashed and thunder boomed around the Ernst Happel Stadium the night after TV coverage of Germany's thrilling 3-2 semifinal victory over Turkey in Switzerland had been hit by an 18 minute blackout caused by another storm that hit the Austrian capital.

Five minutes into the game a huge flash of lightning brought a "whooo" from the crowd and, although the heavy rain that rattled on the stadium roof also made playing conditions difficult, the players overcame the problems to serve up a quality game.

Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko skimmed the Spanish crossbar with a 25-meter shot and wasted a close range chance just before halftime after controlling the ball on his chest.

But the game appeared to be passing Arshavin by.

The Zenit playmaker went on one mazy dribble through the Spanish defense early in the first half but held onto the ball too long when he should have passed. When he neatly turned a pass to try and send a teammate towards goal, the moved fizzled out.

The rest of the time Arshavin watched as Spain repeatedly cut through the Russian midfield and three goals followed in the second half, the first of them, in the 50th minute, made in Barcelona.

Iniesta cut in from the left and drove in a low cross which Xavi met first time with his right foot to steer the ball home.

Even those Spanish players who don't play at home gave the Russians the runaround.

Arshavin watched from the other end of the field as his goalkeeper, Igor Akinfeyev, punched away shots from substitutes Cesc Fabregas and Xabi Alonso and Fernando Torres twice missed from close range. They all play in England, which could be an alternative if he decides against Spain.

Fabregas set up the second for Daniel Guiza in the 73rd minute and combined with Iniesta to create the third for David Silva in the 82nd.

Although it was a delight to watch for the Spanish fans and the neutrals in the stadium it was painful for Arshavin and his Russian teammates, who now have lost by a combined 7-1 to the same team and failed to make the final.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: AC Milan make Adebayor approach
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »
I secretly wanted the man move on and let us make some $$$ from him.

Oh well, looks like he is in my Fantasy League squad in a few weeks.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »
there were two dudes used to play for celta vigo who used to rip up...alexsander mostovoi and valery karpin.  wow...celta real fall off dread.

2 massive players, I seeing them now in the blue jersey running riot, if I not mistaken they had a youth man from France who use to play midfield with them with some corn rows, he was good as well

Fabregas set up the second for Daniel Guiza in the 73rd minute and combined with Iniesta to create the third for David Silva in the 82nd.

only goals made in Barcelona, Iniesta to Xavi, Fabregas to Iniesta.

New Kit for next season - Seydou Keita

The Barca anthem will be stitched into the collar

I feel I might buy the keeper jersey though

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »
there were two dudes used to play for celta vigo who used to rip up...alexsander mostovoi and valery karpin.  wow...celta real fall off dread.

2 massive players, I seeing them now in the blue jersey running riot, if I not mistaken they had a youth man from France who use to play midfield with them with some corn rows, he was good as well

That was the same Peter Luccin that Sunderland supposedly interested in now..

yeah them 2 russians was boss, Karpin was ah big player..

that celta side was decent..

they had sylvinho who at barcelona now, they had ah argentine defender and a good argentine goalkeeper too..

and remember dem brazilians, catanha and fernando baiano.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »

That was the same Peter Luccin that Sunderland supposedly interested in now..

yeah them 2 russians was boss, Karpin was ah big player..

that celta side was decent..

they had sylvinho who at barcelona now, they had ah argentine defender and a good argentine goalkeeper too..

Mostovoi & Karpin was real deadly for real...just yesterday my mind run on them as I was watching Arshavin.... Those were the days when Celta was an up and down side....Now I think they're just down.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »

Study Catanha play for Spain back in the day.

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »
Just heard on ESPN he flip flop nutten eh cast in concrete where he go b next season
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2008, 10:25:59 AM »

As i've been saying for some time, he in some fantasy world as to his talents and abilities and this saga showing it up.

His predator size head get even bigger with the interest from clubs.

He said in a press conference in Vienna (doh ask me what he doing there) that he is happy with Arsenal and have 3 years left on his contract, blah blah blah.

THEN minutes later, the skysports news reporter corner him and he said, there are discussions in the next weeks as to his future.

Who the heck he think he is!?? steups

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
Is not only a woman rite u changer her mind d man lil confuse
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
Adebayor drops Barca hint

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8295662/Adebayor-drops-Barca-hint

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor revealed he has received a very attractive offer from Barcelona for his services this summer.

Adebayor stated on Friday he would be staying at the Emirates Stadium, but then later the same day admitted his future was still up for debate.

AC Milan appeared to be leading the race to sign the Togolese forward, but the 24-year-old has now declared he might be interested in a move to Spain.

Adebayor has warned Arsenal he may be forced to look for job else where if his pay demands are not met, even though Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has admitted his desire to keep him in London.

"Milan are a big club but the fact they are not playing in the Champions League next season is less of a challenge," Adebayor said.

"Barcelona have made a good financial offer and there is also the chance to play alongside great players.

"Yes, I am still under contract to Arsenal but it's up to the directors to satisfy my demands or I'll leave.

"If my good form of last season has increased my value, my employers have to take account of that.

"I have to prepare for my retirement. Even if you are not scoring fine goals and you have money, you can enjoy a happy retirement.

"The time for preparing for that moment is now."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
Barca blieve it when I c it

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Chelsea sign DECO
« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7482359.stm

Chelsea have signed Portugal midfielder Deco from Spanish giants Barcelona for a fee of about £8m.

The 30-year-old was recently told by Barca's new coach Pep Guardiola that he did not feature in their future plans.

Deco becomes the club's first signing since Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari was appointed manager earlier this month.

However, his signing is Chelsea's second of the summer after international team-mate Jose Bosingwa.

The Brazil-born star joined Barcelona from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles under former
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

He won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered his season, and he made just 14 starts in Barcelona's La Liga campaign.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea sign DECO
« Reply #350 on: June 30, 2008, 01:07:35 PM »
And it begins....  Port-azil FC

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 30, 2008, 01:08:38 PM »

better brand on its way.....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2008, 01:13:08 PM »
should have been there 4 years ago but Mourinho bank on Lampard and wingers for creativity instead. Will be interesting to see Ballack Essien Cole and Deco together
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
BRAND!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 30, 2008, 01:27:41 PM »

Smalls is only fraid yuh fraid. Yuh know Ronaldo is outa here. An Scolari in charge. Buh doh worry nex campaign will be great.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
Bullet!!!!!!!         :applause:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 30, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
fack it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
                     Cech

Bosingwa   Terry   Carvalho     A. Cole

Essien

Cole       Lampard      Ballack/Deco       Robinho

Drogba

= dominance!!

:devil:

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2008, 01:34:52 PM »
Nice line up dey... but lampard could ride out for all i care, and insert deco's versatility.... But once Once Robinho Reach and we put him out on the leff side in place of dat lil bitch-ass malouda... the puzzle will be complete... world domination....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:38:05 PM by SOBRIQUET »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
                     Cech

Bosingwa   Terry   Carvalho     A. Cole

Essien

Cole       Lampard      Ballack/Deco       Robinho

Drogba

= dominance!!

:devil:

Look all yuh boi, ah back wid ah big smile on meh face. Well if all yuh know meh, well den yuh should know wey de smile is for. Yeah man, everything well, well blessed in south Florida these days, give huge thanks tuh de man above man. He never let his children suffer for 2 long sah.

Any way, Omar ah wasn't here for a few days, may be ah missed some thing. Why yuh have Robinho dey? Is dat yuh team suggestion or de man get pull in already? HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:45:35 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>