April 28, 2024, 01:33:56 AM

Author Topic: Players transfer thead (2008).  (Read 58400 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Portsmouth offer Hyland a four year deal
« Reply #420 on: July 11, 2008, 08:31:25 AM »
Skysports.com understands Portsmouth are close to signing Trinidad and Tobago international Khaleem Hyland.

Pompey have held a long-term interest in the San Juan Jabloteh star and had him over for a trial last year.

The Fratton Park club Pompey were keen on signing on Hyland, but were thwarted in their bid to win a work permit for the midfielder.

Harry Redknapp has kept tabs on the highly-rated youngster and is now ready to tie up a move to bring Hyland to Fratton Park.

Hyland impressed in Trinidad and Tobago's recent friendly defeat to England and Pompey have moved to snap him up ahead of a number of other clubs.

The 19-year-old's agent, Steve Davies has confirmed Portsmouth have tabled an offer for Hyland and that the move is subject to a work permit.

Offer
"Khaleem has been offered a four-year deal by Portsmouth and we are just waiting for a work permit and we don't envisage any problems with that," Davies told skysports.com.

"There were a host of clubs interested in signing Khaleem, but he is happy to go with Portsmouth.

"Portsmouth have held a long-term interest in Khaleem and he is looking forward to the chance of playing in England."
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth offer Hyland a four year deal
« Reply #421 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »
Congrats, Persistance pays off (Hopefully I haven't said that too early and it all goes through smoothly)

giggsy11

Re: C. Ronaldo reveals Madrid desire!!
« Reply #422 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49:44 AM »
Yea, I'm sure slaves in the cotton fields complained about their 120k a month salary, excluding their five million per year sponsorship package from Nike.

Just goes to show how out of touch Blatter is with reality, considering that he has made an amazing u-turn from comments he made in January about players and agents having 'too much power'.

Btw, if Ronaldo so desperately wants to leave...why has there been no official transfer request? I mean, if he handed one in United could either let him go or refuse...but I'm just wondering why he hasn't handed in an official request if he's bent on leaving.

Because he is a f^cking coward! F^cking idiot! I think United would have sold him by now if they were not so concerned about how they would look and tha tit may be percieved as them giving into him. Jackarse!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 11, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »
LET MY PEOPLE GO!

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 11, 2008, 01:34:47 PM »
WE eh letting him go.....SAF gonna let his duncee ass rot on d sidelines...sell him next year  :devil:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 11, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »
WE eh letting him go.....SAF gonna let his duncee ass rot on d sidelines...sell him next year  :devil:

At least yuh know Fergie is spiteful and dotish.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »

At least yuh know Fergie is spiteful and dotish.

at least we know that if Sir Fergie ever become free, every big club will come running to knock on his door begging
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2008, 01:31:26 PM »
Pele orders Ronaldo to stay put

Pele insists Cristiano Ronaldo should forget about moving to Real Madrid and honour his Manchester United contract.

The Brazil legend also dismissed Fifa president Sepp Blatter's claim that there is "modern slavery" in football and Ronaldo should be free to move.

Pele, in Stoke for a charity match for the Gordon Banks Foundation, said: "You are a slave if you work without a contract or you don't get paid.

"If you have a contract then in any job you have to finish the contract."

Pele added: "I think that when he finishes his contract, then he should be free to go wherever he wants to go."

Ronaldo has four years left on his Old Trafford contract and is currently recovering from ankle surgery which will rule him out of the start of next season.

Please turn on JavaScript. Media requires JavaScript to play.

Former England goalkeeper Banks accused Cristiano Ronaldo of showing a lack of respect to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Banks said he could not understand why Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals for United last season, would want to move away from Old Trafford to Real Madrid.

He said: "I can't understand why he said he felt he was being treated like a slave. If he has just signed a new contract then he should respect his manager and honour it. It's stupid.

"I don't understand what the problem is. He plays for a team that has just won the European Cup and the Premier League. He plays for his country. What more does he want?

"It's like anything in life. If a businessman signs a contract then he has to honour it. It' s no different than a professional footballer."

Banks was speaking at a press conference ahead of a charity match in his honour on Saturday when a Banks XI will take on a Pele XI at Stoke's Britannia Stadium.

The former England keeper pulled off arguably the best save in history from a Pele header at the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.
Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/7503394.stm

Published: 2008/07/12 12:03:03 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Players transfer thead (2008).
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »
United make Berbatov offer

Manchester United have reportedly made a £20 million bid for the services of Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov.

Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson expects to have the deal completed within the next week after he made his opening offer.

Ferguson plans to use the Spurs star, a proven Premier League goalscorer, alongside Wayne Rooney in the attack next season.

Berbatov has been a great interest of Ferguson's this year but it is only now that he has made an offer for the player.

The Old Trafford outfit are confident they will be able to lure the Bulgarian away from Spurs, as they can offer the promise of Champions League football and a salary of up to £80,000 per week.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8338258/United-make-Berbatov-offer
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 13, 2008, 06:43:58 AM »
Yea, I'm sure slaves in the cotton fields complained about their 120k a month salary, excluding their five million per year sponsorship package from Nike.

Just goes to show how out of touch Blatter is with reality, considering that he has made an amazing u-turn from comments he made in January about players and agents having 'too much power'.

Btw, if Ronaldo so desperately wants to leave...why has there been no official transfer request? I mean, if he handed one in United could either let him go or refuse...but I'm just wondering why he hasn't handed in an official request if he's bent on leaving.

You mean a week not a month.

Why does he not just put in a transfer request - easy money.

The majority of players now have a "loyalty bonus" ( I know don't laugh) built into their contracts which tends to be a fairly hefty figure.  It basically means if they ask for a transfer its lost, however if they don't ask for a transfer and are sold by the club, the club still has to pay the "loyalty bonus". 

This has really stopped players asking for transfers but results in the various fiasco's you see now, where a player / agent will come out suggesting he wants to move but won't put in a transfer request. 

A good example was Joey Barton's move from Man City to Newcastle, Barton had a release clause put in his contract taht he would be allowed to leave if a club offered £5 Million and as with these things everybody gets to know what the figure is so they can bid that figure.  The transfer was held up because Man City ( rightly in my view) refused to pay Barton his £300,000 "loyalty bonus" because although he didn't ask for a transfer he and his representatives insisted on the release clause and had in effect triggered the move so he was not due his "loyalty bonus".  In the end the fee was increased by £300,000 so in effect Newcastle paid the "loyalty bonus".

At some point I don't know when it will be the clubs will have to reach a tipping point where enough is enough it may well take a couple of high profile bankrupties to do it. Fans in general are getting pretty fed up of players, even of their own clubs.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arshavin sets heart on Barca move
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »
i don't know if allyuh following the arshavin saga, but is just kicks and more kicks by the day.

first to begin with, after the euros, meh boy was de hottest ting on de market. 27 yrs old and people calling figures like 20 mil pounds and up. Arsenal wanted him, Chelsea wanted him, Spurs ask ah question.. Meh boy say nah, "I want to go barcelona and barcelona alone!! Arsenal who?"

agent and player buss real style.. then the club say they want a 25 mil pounds and like all dem clubs say nah, dey could hdmc with that..

now like de trail gone cold and nobody want to spend de paper. and look how de tune changing now..  :rotfl:

Agent: Arshavin keen on Wenger

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8345680/Agent:-Arshavin-keen-on-Wenger

Andrei Arshavin's agent believes Arsenal could be an ideal destination for the Russian ace due to the influence of Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Dennis Lachter told reports his client is a keen admirer of the Frenchman, saying: "The stable situation in the club and the influence of Arsene Wenger to Arsenal and to English football is huge. I think this is an advantage."

He added: "If Arsenal go for Arshavin it could be really good for both parties. Arsenal is a very young team and Arshavin is 27.

"There's something about combining young and older players, they propagate attacking football."

Arshavin was one of the stars of Euro 2008, and his two goals helped Russia to an unlikely place in the semi-finals, where they lost to eventual European champions Spain.

The Zenit St Petersburg player was subject of interest from Spanish giants Barcelona but it now appears he has his sights set on a move to London.

Lachter also suggested that new Barca manager Pep Guardiola's lack of experience could impact on his client's desire to join the Camp Nou giants.

"Guardiola was an excellent player, but no one knows what kind of a manager he is," he said.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Arshavin sets heart on Barca move
« Reply #431 on: July 15, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »
Doh know, but they pricing de man out of the market.  He could go for about 15 million pounds; that good enough.  They know they will make a killing, but ah guess they trying to recoup the astronomical salary Arshavin was getting for playing at a Russian club.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »
Imagine Alves get signed for more than they sell R10 for.
That Barca front office is a joke.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »
Ronaldinho to sign for AC Milan 

Ronaldinho is set to bid farewell to Barcelona
Manchester City have lost out to Italian side AC Milan in the race to sign Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho.

"AC Milan and Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle over the transfer of Ronaldinho," the Serie A club said on their website.

"The player will be in Milan on Wednesday to undergo a medical and sign a contract that will keep him at Milan until 30 June 2011."

City had reportedly bid £25.5m for the 28-year-old Brazilian.

But Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reported on its website that Milan will pay Spanish side Barcelona just £14.6m for his services, with the figure likely to be increased by performance-related bonuses.

606: DEBATE
It is clear his heart lies with Milan rather than Manchester

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani has been in Barcelona for talks with the club and the player for two days.

The two-time Fifa World Player of the Year's time at Barcelona effectively came to an end in June when new manager Pep Guardiola announced the playmaker was surplus to requirements.

Nevertheless, the Catalans were not prepared to release Ronaldinho to join Dunga's Brazil squad for next month's Beijing Olympics.

Ronaldinho helped Barcelona win back-to-back Spanish league titles (2004-05, 2005-06) and the Champions League in 2006, but failed to cement a regular place in the starting XI last season because of injury and fitness issues.

It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 16, 2008, 08:38:36 AM »
from soccernet.com

Arsenal's Hleb heading to Barcelona for medical

Updated: July 16, 2008, 7:53 AM ET

Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb is on the verge of completing a move to Barcelona, the Catalan club have confirmed.

The 27-year-old Belarus international is set to arrive in the city at lunchtime before undergoing a medical later in the day.

Barca confirmed Hleb could be presented as early as tomorrow and reports in Spain suggest they will pay the Gunners £11.9million.

'The player Alexander Hleb, who has spent the past three seasons at Arsenal, arrives today in Barcelona to undergo a medical prior to his incorporation in FC Barcelona,' read a statement on the club website, www.fcbarcelona.com.

'From 1pm, the player will be in the offices of the club to take part in the usual photocall.

'Then, at 4pm, the footballer will have a medical in the Hospital de Barcelona and, from 7pm, will continue these tests in the Medical Centre of FC Barcelona.

'On the assumption that he passes these tests satisfactorily, Alexander Hleb could sign a contract tomorrow and be presented as a new player at FC Barcelona.'

If all goes to plan, Hleb will become Barca's fifth summer signing following the arrivals of Seydou Keita, Gerard Pique, Martin Caceres and Daniel Alves.

Hleb's departure from the Emirates Stadium has seemed likely all summer after the player admitted he was 'mentally tired' of the combination of living in London and playing top-level football.

Inter Milan were also linked but their interest appeared to cool after the appointment of Jose Mourinho as manager.

Hleb cost £11.2million when he joined Arsenal from Stuttgart in 2005.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »
Arsenal confirm Gilberto's Greek move

LONDON(AFP) - Arsenal confirmed on Thursday that Brazil midfielder Gilberto Silva has completed his one million pounds (1.2 million euros) move to Greek club Panathinaikos.

Former Arsenal captain Gilberto ended his six-year spell with Arsene Wenger's side after passing a medical in Athens.

The 31-year-old has signed a three-year deal worth an estimated six million pounds (7.5 million euros), making him the highest paid player in Greek football.

But Gilberto, who was greeted by over 1,000 fans when he arrived in Greece, insisted he is motivated by the chance to win titles and not the size of his bank balance.

"I'm hungry to win more titles. I came to Greece because I have big ambitions, it's very important for me to be able to continue to give my best," he said. "(Panathinaikos manager) Henk ten Cate is a coach I know from his time at Chelsea and I'm looking forward to working with him.

"The people here at Panathinaikos made the decision to come here very easy.

"I'm sure we will qualify through to the group stages of the Champions League and I'm exited about being a Panathinaikos player."

Gilberto, a World Cup winner in 2002, was a member of the "invincible" Arsenal team that won the 2004 Premier League title after going unbeaten through the entire campaign.

He made 244 appearances for Arsenal, scoring 24 goals, and also won the FA Cup in 2003 and 2005.

"Arsenal can confirm that Gilberto has joined Greek side Panathinaikos," a statement on the club's website read.

"Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Gilberto for his huge contribution to the club both on and off the pitch, and wish him the very best for the future."

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Barcelona to join race to sign Robinho?
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2008, 01:01:22 PM »
Barcelona could be set to table a shock bid for Chelsea target Robinho, according to the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro.

Speculation has been rife that the Real Madrid forward is on his way to the Premier League, with Chelsea admitting their interest and Manchester United also linked.

Ribeiro claimed on Tuesday that the Blues were winning the race, with Robinho attracted by the idea of linking up with their new boss, fellow Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari.

But reports in Spain suggest that Madrid's bitter rivals Barca could be preparing a bid, with both club president Joan Laporta and coach Pep Guardiola in favour of the idea.

And Ribeiro insists the notion is not a surprise to him.

'It's only logical that a club like Barcelona want Robinho,' he told Spanish sports daily El Mundo Deportivo.

'He is also wanted by Chelsea and Manchester United.

'Chelsea have presented a big offer for Robinho to Real Madrid, but it seems as if the club don't want to sell him.'

Chelsea have reportedly made an offer of £48million for the 24-year-old - something the Blues deny - who has also been mooted as a possible makeweight in a deal to bring United's Cristiano Ronaldo to the Spanish capital.

However, it is believed Madrid are reluctant to let Robinho go until the Ronaldo saga reaches its conclusion, and Ribeiro has reiterated his client's claim that he is be happy in Madrid.

'Robinho has a contract at Real Madrid,' he added. 'And for that reason he is not looking to leave the club.'

COME ON!!! GET DIS THING DONE ASAP!!! WE DONE HAVE D #10 SHIRT WAITIN BINHO!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2008, 08:22:21 AM »
Ferguson says Ronaldo is staying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7514329.stm

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted Cristiano Ronaldo will be at Old Trafford next season and will not be joining Real Madrid.

Ferguson met the winger - now out for three months following ankle surgery - in Lisbon last week after speculation about the 23-year-old's future.

"It went well. We put across our points of view, where we stand and where the player stands," explained Ferguson.

"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. He won't be sold."

United will hope that Ferguson's comments at a press conference during the club's pre-season tour of South Africa will put an end to rumours linking Ronaldo with a switch to the Spanish champions.

Ferguson added: "It's not a difficult position. I was on my holiday and I was not going to interrupt my holiday, believe me.

"I wasn't panicked because the player is under contract so the strength and the rights are with Manchester United.

"What we have done well is to say nothing. We've kept quiet on this matter and kept it private and what I said to Cristiano remains private."

Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals for United last season and whose contract runs until 2012, is currently recuperating after his surgery, which ruled him out of United's trip to South Africa.

Ferguson confirmed: "I did go and see him last week in Portugal and it was very amicable - there were no problems. That's where we are and we carry on.

"He's on crutches for the first four weeks, he'll be in rehabilitation for the next four and then the following four he'll be back into football training.

"The time mapped out is three months and we won't bring him back a day earlier than that.

"I think when players have operations we have a responsibility that the player comes back 100% and we'll carry that out as we normally do.

"There'll be no risk-taking - we never take risks. Our goal is to always make sure that the player gets back 100% and that will be the same in the case of Cristiano Ronaldo."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:54:00 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2008, 09:08:07 AM »
Well, thats this thread done....for another year at least.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »
steups, i sour.. i wanted him gone for fantasy league purposes.. andre samuel must be rejoicing for his set-in-stone captain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 18, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »
steups, i sour.. i wanted him gone for fantasy league purposes.. andre samuel must be rejoicing for his set-in-stone captain.

lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

giggsy11

« Reply #441 on: July 18, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
He stayin, I hope the fans give him shite! I may have to make a special trip to join in!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 18, 2008, 10:44:12 AM »

he's out till october so he wont serve any purpose till then, plus who knows how long it will take him to get back in gear esp when manu fans booing him at home lol

:devil:
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »
a lil something for venerable, giggsy and de rest of de prawn sandwich eaters who was crying over Real Madrid's "approach" in the whole Ronaldo saga.. I thought Calderon was de worst?!

Spurs report Liverpool & Man Utd

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7514933.stm

Tottenham have complained to the Premier League over Manchester United and Liverpool's pursuit of Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane.

Sir Alex Ferguson's comments that he expects a deal to go through for Berbatov have infuriated Spurs as has Rafael Benitez's interest in Keane.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy singled out United boss Ferguson for criticism.

"It is unbelievably hypocritical given his comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid," Levy said.

"The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player.

"Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of Premier League rules of conduct."

Ferguson announced on Friday that United had made Tottenham an offer for 27-year-old Berbatov and that he was confident that the deal would through.

Benitez admitted earlier this month that he was interested in bringing Keane, 28, to Anfield this summer.

I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either

But it was Ferguson's comments that prompted Levy to speak out about the attempts to unsettle his star strike force.

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players.

"It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date

"As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the Premier League about the conduct of Manchester United.

"Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the Premier League about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

"I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:47:11 PM by omarldinho »

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
Good find Omar  ;D
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline firefish

• New Warrior
  • you'll never walk alone
    • View Profile
Re: Players transfer thead (2008). Eto'o move
« Reply #445 on: July 18, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »
 eto'o and torres hmm :thinking:

The Cameroonian striker is being offered to Europe's major clubs and many have already previously made contact to ask about his annual salary and transfer fee.

While all those enquiries have failed to lead to a single concrete offer, Barça are determined to sell Eto'o this summer and may lower their demands in the coming weeks.

That would allow Liverpool to make their move and Rafa Benítez believes that the powerful 27-year-old could form an incredible partnership alongside Fernando Torres.

Finances at Anfield may be tight, but following the sale of Peter Crouch to Portsmouth, there maybe some room for negotiation with the Catalan giants.

Manager Rafa Benítez is said to want Keane, but Tottenham will not let their captain go cheaply and his asking price could even rise above the amount Barça are requesting for their striker.

Eto'o has flown back to Barcelona after a promotional trip to Uzbekistan and is due to return to pre-season training with the Blaugrana on Saturday.

Talks are set to be held between the player, his agent, José María Mesalles, and Barcelona and they are predicted to not be easy as the striker has done nothing himself to push for an exit.

Liverpool would be a destination that could attract Eto'o, however, and the promise of Champions League football is the key thing in his list of priorities of any would-be suitor.

Pep Guardiola has stated that if no deal can be done and the goalscorer remains then he will have no problems incorporating him into his squad for the new season.

Barcelona's board have said on various occasions that they want to off-load the forward, who joined the club four years ago from Real Mallorca, and buy a replacement.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 18, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »
hahaha.... We made a formal bid...  Fergie responded to the media...yes we have made a bid

Madrid..no bid... continue to talk  for months now ...  this public Berbatov thing only occurred 3 days ago..

Back to the topic:
Ronaldo to Stay at Old Trafford

Sir Alex Ferguson has met with Cristiano Ronaldo and insists the Manchester United winger will not be sold to Real Madrid.

The Portugal international has been targeted by the Spanish giants throughout the summer, and had hinted that he was looking to secure a move away from Old Trafford.

But at a press conference in South Africa to mark the start of United's pre-season trip, Ferguson confirmed Ronaldo is going nowhere.
No sale

The Red Devils boss said: "The meeting went well - I think we both put across our points of view - where we stand and where the player stands.

"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. That's our stance - he won't be sold."

Asked why he had not commented on the matter until now, Ferguson replied: "It's not a difficult position. I was on my holiday and I was not going to interrupt my holiday, believe me.

"I wasn't panicked because the player is under contract so the strength and the rights are with Manchester United.

"What we have done well is to say nothing. We've kept quiet on this matter and kept it private and what I said to Cristiano remains private. I did go and see him last week in Portugal and it was very amicable - there were no problems. That's where we are and we carry on."

No risks

Ronaldo is currently recovering from ankle surgery and Ferguson confirmed he is unlikely to be back in action until October.

He said: "He's had an operation and he'll be out for three months. He's on crutches for the first four weeks, he'll be in rehabilitation for the next four and then the following four he'll be back into football training. The time mapped out is three months and we won't bring him back a day earlier than that.

"I think when players have operations we have a responsibility that the player comes back 100 per cent and we'll carry that out as we normally do.

"There'll be no risk-taking - we never take risks. Our goal is to always make sure that the player gets back 100 per cent and that will be the same in the case of Cristiano Ronaldo."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3834791,00.html

f**k Madrid..Calderon ..Platini and Sepp

giggsy11

« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »
maybe Levy need to check with Ramos about Berbatov not being for sale. Didn't he recently say he would not be oppose to selling Keane or Berbatov so he can replace them with younger players? Correct me if I am wrong.

giggsy11

« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2008, 01:02:19 AM »
I think Levy just setting ting up for when they both leave, he talking about how both players have their heads turn and as a result it will be hard to keep them. That is his excuse to the fans when he sell.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2008, 02:31:26 AM »
FOOTBALLER Cristiano Ronaldo is being lined up to star in a multi-million dollar remake of the epic TV series Roots.

Ronaldo has demanded £3.5m per episode.

Producers say the star's treatment at the hands of Manchester United make him the perfect choice to portray the young African slave who is beaten by his brutal masters.

The Portuguese winger said he had been traumatised by 'outrageous' demands that he honour the £125,000 a week, legally-binding contract, which has brought him only, misery, adulation and Gemma Atkinson.

Speaking from the titanium gazebo in the rose garden of his 31-room mansion, Ronaldo said: "I feel I can relate to the suffering of African slaves.

"If anything, it is worse, because footballers cannot sing while we work, whereas they had time to develop gospel music during their 16-hours shifts before dropping dead from exhaustion."

In the series a young African boy is dragged from his homeland and shipped to America where he is forced to work in the fields by a cruel and violent plantation owner.

"The similarities are uncanny, though admittedly, the Lear Jet that flew me from Lisbon to Manchester wasn't packed with 150 other players sleeping head-to-toe."

Ronaldo also conceded that, while the slave-master in Roots administered brutal beatings, Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson had nurtured his talent, lavished him with praise and turned him into one of the best footballers in the world.

"But without the freedom to do whatever I want, wherever I want, for whatever fee I want, I am exactly the same as a cotton picker forced to live in a shed, dying at the age of 32."

He added: "I know the people will love my acting. Already, in the streets, I hear many of them calling me 'K u n t a'."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:36:50 AM by JayTheWrecker »
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

1]; } ?>