April 23, 2024, 03:42:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Sept-2008).  (Read 85998 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Sept-2008).
« Reply #510 on: September 10, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »
Scotland was saying "I wonder what I doing around the Team" on face book?

Allyuh sure that is Scotty and not some joker imposing as Scotty?

is the real scotty. he and my brother was in the same class in malick and my bro confirmed it for me

Your boy is so humble.... what is Pancho excuse for not playing him????

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »
Poor performance today

Carlos' touch and rhythm was off today, but his energy was exemplory.  If our entire midfield played with that energy the game would have been alot different even with our technical deficiencies.

Akile Edwards was lost in the 1st half.  I think he found his bearings a bit better in the 2nd.

The Lawrence decision just seems insane- I wait to hear an explanation for that one if there is one...

Based on this performance, Telesford has no right playing in Nat'l senior colours.  I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he just had a nightmare game

Keon Daniel has a good first step and is good at getting past his marker, but he lacks an end product- kinda reminds me Toussaint- could have alot to do with who is around him (his supporting cast of teammates)

Cornel cannot post up- it's just not his game. It seems like he's lost some speed and he was pretty much useless... I would have like to see what Kenwyne woulda looked like today.  I feel the role was designed for a KJ.

Everyone else was so uninvolved it's tough to comment. Collectively our game was just very amateur...kinda like the opening rounds of the English FA cup when a lower division or conference team plays against an EPL team, and aside from the moments of inspiriation it just looks like they don't belong at that level.

We have no clue on set plays- glaring deficiency

Our football often proves to be amateur, which is why I laugh when men talk about us being as technically capable and more skilful than the U.S. but merely lacking steel and discipline...that's just laughable.....

I think we can still get out of this group because the standard of football is our zone is just poor.....we need to do alot of work and select the best players or else  we will always be laughable when we step up to a higher level.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:40:48 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2008, 08:34:45 PM »
Allyuh go have to vex wid meh but dais allyuh business; At dis point i really doh care...frankomere talk now:
Carlos Edwards -  would never start again on my side; d man is not ah winger..he cyah cross, he cyah defend, he too pretty, and dis is not from jus dis game...long time i sayin dat

Osei Telesford - Would never feel ah Soca Warriors Jersey on he back again unless he buy one in Francis Fashions or Kennys..I eh go even waste more time on he.

Akile Edwards - Willing player, have hope for the future..but as for now...he eh have no place on the side - he just not ready, HE NOT  ABLE for this level right now....even Dempsey point him out as dem main source of attack,..i eh go say he is tatta cause he young..but he definitely playin real tatta.

Cyd Grey -  Wile, Ignorant, No touch on the ball (even by a defenders standard; we have to stop usin the fact that man is ah defender as ah excuse for inability to trap, pass, and control) .... doesnt seem to have much of ah football brain when it come to defending.

Theobald - Will never see ah Soca warriors Jersey again cause long time he playin and cyah make ah 5 foot pass....cyah hold the ball..basically useless in the middle.

Glenn- still my boy....need better service; will get dat when we get rid ah dem dead weight in the middle...look bright the few times he actually get ah good pass.

Keon Daniel - The best player on the side tonight...and in the past few games....right now he playin very well.

Kerry Baptiste - Dont know why he not on the side..will put him in front ah Carlos Edwards and he whole family anyday.

Birchall, Sancho, Yorke, Scotty - needed ; Lawrence should not ever sit on the bench for we again...unless he BADLY injured.

The rest could stay but have work to do.

Pacho???? Not impressed; 3-0 down and one sub used?????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...makes no sense; nut many of the things that i see cannot be blamed on no one other than the players who was doin  detatta..Pacho have to take some heat too; cause he tactics kinda suspect but even the team and formation we had out dey tonight we coulda more dan out it on dis US team that NOT GOOD..see how clueless dem look in th ebeginnin ah the 2nd half..why we cyah play so for ah majority of ah 90....POOR football, POOR coaching, POOR selection, POOR result

Ok i get most ah it outta meh chest....
I gone

Cyd Grey had a good game man.........For me, him and Keon Daniel were the best players on the night. Really curious about why Tallest bench.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »

is the real scotty. he and my brother was in the same class in malick and my bro confirmed it for me

probally because he win intercol with st anthony's as captain 3 years in ah row and was big east defender of the year couple years in ah row and went first round in the mls draft???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2008, 08:38:06 PM »
Kicker Telesford does look so right tru...All swipe and plenty fresh breeze.

In the JA game in kingston the JA commentators was ketching kicks orf him until he scored.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »
Cuba VS Guate 1-1 Cuba now hit the facking crossbar, the man unscore the goal. - exciting game.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #516 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »
Even if we change the coach the new coach would  have to deal with jack and the cornmeals them together is problems.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »
Carlos' touch and rhythm was off today, but his energy was exemplory.  

This has been Carlos claim to fame since returning to the National Team but some men figure Carlos is the best player.  Subbing Carlos on Saturday was not as big a deal as some who have not seen him play recently like to make out.

Blessing
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:43:57 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2008, 08:42:17 PM »
Even if we change the coach the new coach would  have to deal with jack and the cornmeals them together is problems.

How would the new coach have to deal with corneal?...the new coach bring or chooses his assistant

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2008, 08:44:21 PM »
where was the leadership and how could u not play dennis lawrence don't me wrong I'm still for the youth getting real tests but no Lawrence............that's insane not correcting it at any time is worse I take back all I said that's not discipline that being an asshole, the is bigger than any player but should also be bigger than the coaches ego
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »
LP on I95.5 saying that we have to play with one player cuz we need to put more players in de mid field and that players not playing according to tactic.....IS NOT DE COACH FAULT!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »
How would the new coach have to deal with corneal?...the new coach bring or chooses his assistant

Correction Anton Corneal was hired as the National Assistant Coach by the TTFF (part of the development plan).  A new coach (Pacho) has no choice in the matter.

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
Well...the good news is we still in it. If Cuba could beat Gautemala in Guatemala, I go actually start to worry about Cuba. Dem 2 could draw tonite. Dat is the best result for us.

Poor performance. I eh go dwell on it. It done.
Three games to go. We still have our destiny in our own hands.

GO T&T

ps. oh gorm. i jess a regular fella in front a TV, but something wrong with that coach

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »
LP on I95.5 saying that we have to play with one player cuz we need to put more players in de mid field and that players not playing according to tactic.....IS NOT DE COACH FAULT!!!...

das a next c**t dat we have to get rid of

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2008, 08:47:40 PM »
     I will NEVER get over why Dennis Lawrence the MOST experienced and overall best defender did not play!! We started more defensive yet we played with Cyd Gray and 3 inexperienced defenders!! What friggin sense is that. At least I thought Lawrence would have played and there would be 1 replacement for Avery John!! Maturana is a real frigging HOLE!!

The last 15 mins the US still making subs and we fighting down poor Glen who was obviously tired at least put on Scotland give the blasted man a chance nah oh shitss! Or even Andre Toussaint self!!

And why they ASS we give up 2 stupid free kick goals!!

So we start the game to defend and end up losing 3-0 when it shoulda be 1-0 and not give up 2 shitty goals from lame free kicks!! And to boot the best defender we have did not even play oh shits Maturana man!!

Lawrence did not play, Birchall not on team, Whitley injured, we need to somehow miraculously NOT LOSE to Guatemala at their home!

Wheyy things take a turn for the worse now!!

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »

Correction Anton Corneal was hired as the National Assistant Coach by the TTFF (part of the development plan).  A new coach (Pacho) has no choice in the matter.

Blessing

Thank u for the correction....and if thats the case then bringing in a new coach may not make much difference..because the development plan coach is failing as an assitant coach and will continue to have a major input in the team selection and motivation which is already currently negative
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:52:00 PM by Sando prince »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 10, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »

Lp need to come orf he knees an stop kissin everybody ass. time to be honest. ah fed up of only a setta 'yes men' controllin we football. nobody have d balls to stand up an teell d ppl in charge dat dey doin shite
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #527 on: September 10, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »
All jones aside ,St Clair better than he by far. His mistakes weren't that glaring. Maturana is a certified dunce as far as I concerned.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2008, 08:53:24 PM »
We just got totally 100%  embarrassed against our arch rivals :-[

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 10, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »

Babalawo delete that pic plz nah.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:10:25 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 10, 2008, 08:54:53 PM »
Everybody has a different opinion on who play shit and who play good.  What we can all agree on is that the team as a whole unit did not play well.  The entire team has an obligation to play hard and win the ball as well as attack with confidence, aggression and sense.  We simply did not do that as a team today.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 10, 2008, 08:56:57 PM »
I give up on LP since d Wim affair so he talkin is like water on a duck back at least Vidale admit dat he was wrong in suggestin Hislop instead ah Lawerence. As 4 d coach it all have 2 do wit a coach wit BALLSSSSSSSSS. Beenie had 2 deal wit d same SA and d chipmunks but he got d job done
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:09 PM »
Clint Dempsey said Akie Edwards gave USA way too much space
Hart for president

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:38 PM »
YEAH ALYAH DELETE THAT SHIT FAST NAH ,baiting out man so.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 10, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
Everybody has a different opinion on who play shit and who play good.  What we can all agree on is that the team as a whole unit did not play well.  The entire team has an obligation to play hard and win the ball as well as attack with confidence, aggression and sense.  We simply did not do that as a team today.  

Very good, I like what you say here. So if the entire team not performing how can you not link that to the coach. It's not like 1 or 2 men that looking like they don't understand what going on, is the entire team, and when this happens is only one person to take the blame.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 10, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »

Elan delete the image link in yuh quote, and could someone tell Babalawo take it off quick
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #536 on: September 10, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »
He must know that everybody on facebook woulda see it anyway. That is the act of a man frustrated beyond care.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 10, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »
He must know that everybody on facebook woulda see it anyway. That is the act of a man frustrated beyond care.

for real
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #538 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:06 PM »
Wah kah overstan is why we team do not bill ah play by knocking the ball around till the reach the opposin go
gol , ah watchin many other teams and they jus psaain the ball around and that to hard for we, boom kick and run we still playin that .ah sure the coach eh teachin them dat .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »
Allyuh moving like real uncle toms boy. :rotfl:  Delete picture for what.  Free speech aint reach tnt yet or what
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:10:30 PM by Babalawo »

1]; } ?>