April 23, 2024, 04:18:37 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Sept-2008).  (Read 86001 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Sept-2008).
« Reply #570 on: September 10, 2008, 11:24:03 PM »
So wait nah we playing so much shit and touches ein t bawling for murder and running for the hill months now ,he so cool u suppose to be like chicken little. ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:25:39 PM by Quagmire »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 11, 2008, 03:06:07 AM »
 :frustrated:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 11, 2008, 04:34:59 AM »
Still cant beleieve a national player (Scotland) will make those type of remarks..and its even worse that he has done it publicly...I can understand his frustration but you have to mintain a level of professionalism..you are not just representing yourself and the team but also 1.3 million people...what type of example is this for the youths who look up to you as a role model?..anyway I done with this thread yes..moving onward to the next T&T WC qualifier battle thread..

breds is years now he scoring and is years now we benching him

he from malick. yuh lucky he aint slap pacho last night
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 11, 2008, 05:39:13 AM »
Nah...Onyewu and Bradley Stood in an offside position but as Beasley approach the ball they stepped up and the defenders dropped, Onyewu boxed out Glenn I think and Bradley went on to the score the goal after being played onside. It was really bad marking getting trapped in behind. Novices. They need to square up to the attackers making sure their body position is facing up field and away from their goal so they can attack the ball. The attacker will have to come at them.  

I just watched the game and was specifically watching the positioning... at the time the ball was struck they were standing in an offside position.  From what I saw.

Bakes...as you tape the game, watch 2 things. 1st goal..Ching was offside the whole time. Not Onyewu and Bradley. Ching never got onside and he was involved in the play. Then..on the 2nd goal. Watch when Onyewu wins the ball it is a blatant hand ball. He completely misstimes it and wins the ball with his hand. They even show a replay and Harkes with he smart man self eh say nutten while he comments on it. That said...we were awful and shoulda colleck about 6 easy, so dem two goals eh hurting me...but they should not have been allowed to stand.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 11, 2008, 07:58:23 AM »
Still cant beleieve a national player (Scotland) will make those type of remarks..and its even worse that he has done it publicly...I can understand his frustration but you have to mintain a level of professionalism..you are not just representing yourself and the team but also 1.3 million people...what type of example is this for the youths who look up to you as a role model?..anyway I done with this thread yes..moving onward to the next T&T WC qualifier battle thread..

breds is years now he scoring and is years now we benching him

he from malick. yuh lucky he aint slap pacho last night

I would be fawking vex meh rass 2..... Imagine you leave your family in Wales and have to travel to trinidad den to the US 2 sit on the flecking bench......

He make the statements before the flecking game.... so de man know something up with that Columbian Hunt....

Imagine it is important for we to score goals.... you is the leading scorer in the English First Division and you on the bench... you already buss de net in the Championship and you on de bench..... I would be fawking vex 2.... especially when I on de bench and men like Telesford gettin sweat for a full 90.... and we need goals especially when it comes to goal agg.....

Professionalism.... all yuh forgettin that Scotland had scotts come to Germany 2 see him, had a song... went through a tussle with the Swans fan and still win dem all over.... de man have professionalism. He leh he feet do the tawkin....

But fawking injustice is fawking injustice and having a man like him on de bench is a fawking injustice....

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 11, 2008, 08:19:01 AM »
NO PLAN...NO BRAND...AND WE NOT GOING DURBAN!!

Fire Pacho Mudderass now!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #576 on: September 11, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »
One good thing: the USA not going to go 6-0-0 in this rounds. It is statiscally improbable and they never have before.

Therefore, the most likely place for them to lose points is away from home and they only have one more away game.

So....we still have hope once we doh lose in Guatemala.

That is the craziest reasoning I ever see, the definition of clutching at straws.

We getting something from the US game not because of the merits of the team, but because of the history of US results, and the fact that they are more likely to drop points away than at home?

I read yuh right?

What stopping them from winning all 6 games, when based on the evidence, thay are miles ahead of the other 3 teams in the group?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:15 AM »
Allyuh really blaming Pacho for de too too dem men dem playin out dey??/ Allyuh does real let dem men off the hook...dem fellas have to take the stick for the chupidness dem playin boi...ah coach not suppose to have to teach big man fundamental football knowledge..like mark and tackle and run. ah coach cyah give ah man heart and fight to come out and win ah game...is dem men to blame for de tatta dem playin.....DEM MEN ON D FIELD to blame...everybody cussin de coach ...nobody eh cussin d players...steupsss. Is dem playin d crap.

To be sure Pacho has to shoulder some responsibility... but the deficiency is more than just in strategy, shape or selection.  Totally agree that these men don't even look like dey grow up kicking ball.  No touch, no composure... no confidence.

NOTHING!

I just vex because I tape dis shit and only now watching it...

LOL boi u still have dat tape??? Allyuh reallike punishment yes. I strain my eyes to watch dah 90 once...cyah do that again. I rather watch welding. Dat tape eh even good enuff to pelt d neighbour pothound with again. 

But yeah Pacho have to shoulder some ah the blame....you cyah tell me that you playing ah team dat does get 90% ah dem goal from set piece, and on knowing that you go proceed to leave out not only we most experienced defender; but we TALLEST one tuh boot...nobody on d team better dan lawrence in the air...yet Pacho leave him out..i is not ah coach and could see that wid my lil bit ah football sense...demmen suppose to be verse in the game.

I just saying that he cyah take all...cause dem men do some real too too dat no coach coulda take blame for. But Pacho lil mad to leave Lawrence out against ah tatta US team dat ONLY scores goals from corners and free kicks. Geez ...lemme go and do some work yes cause i getting frustrated again.  :-\
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:38 AM »
Nah...Onyewu and Bradley Stood in an offside position but as Beasley approach the ball they stepped up and the defenders dropped, Onyewu boxed out Glenn I think and Bradley went on to the score the goal after being played onside. It was really bad marking getting trapped in behind. Novices. They need to square up to the attackers making sure their body position is facing up field and away from their goal so they can attack the ball. The attacker will have to come at them.  

I just watched the game and was specifically watching the positioning... at the time the ball was struck they were standing in an offside position.  From what I saw.

Bakes...as you tape the game, watch 2 things. 1st goal..Ching was offside the whole time. Not Onyewu and Bradley. Ching never got onside and he was involved in the play. Then..on the 2nd goal. Watch when Onyewu wins the ball it is a blatant hand ball. He completely misstimes it and wins the ball with his hand. They even show a replay and Harkes with he smart man self eh say nutten while he comments on it. That said...we were awful and shoulda colleck about 6 easy, so dem two goals eh hurting me...but they should not have been allowed to stand.

Good goal, watch we #3. You cannot see him when the ball is initially struck because he is sandwiched between Bradley and Ching. He was even with them so he kept them on. It was great timinig by the USA and shocking marking by the defense.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:27 AM »

Ah know de handball yuh talking about... was on the right side (from the US perspective) and he attempted to chest/shoulder the ball down but it came off his left bicep instead.  I didn't view it as a deliberate handball at the time, but it was an obvious one, not sure why it wasn't called.  In that case it should have been a free-kick to TnT... but I wouldn't really say that the second goal should not have been allowed because of that.  If it's the same play we're talking about I don't see it as being directly involved in the goal... we should have defended better...ball went right thru ah man legs.

On the first goal there were three players in the box (wasn't really watching face, so I'll have to check to see if was Ching) and one was borderline offside as the ball was struck... the other was a step offside.  Bradley was in the clear, he ran in onto the ball as it fell... but the offside player/s were involved in the play as you said... poor defending still.

----------

7 blessings de thing on DVR so I eh really have tuh sit thru too much heartache, lol

elan... de #3 is Makan Hislop I believe, but nah he was just on the edge of the penalty area if memory serves correct, the US player was a good step or so past the line of defense.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:51:18 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 11, 2008, 12:13:07 PM »
One good thing: the USA not going to go 6-0-0 in this rounds. It is statiscally improbable and they never have before.

Therefore, the most likely place for them to lose points is away from home and they only have one more away game.

So....we still have hope once we doh lose in Guatemala.

That is the craziest reasoning I ever see, the definition of clutching at straws.

We getting something from the US game not because of the merits of the team, but because of the history of US results, and the fact that they are more likely to drop points away than at home?

I read yuh right?

What stopping them from winning all 6 games, when based on the evidence, thay are miles ahead of the other 3 teams in the group?

U damn right i clutching at straws cause i was really searchin to find some positive thing before i mash up my tv because of all the ta-ta. And tha's all i coulda come up with...

Cause I really cah recall the US ever getting 18 points in a qualifying rounds...and their home record is impeccable. So what else it have for us to hope for? To win in Guatemala? Yeah right...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 11, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »
wasn't #3 akile edwards?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Yardie08

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 11, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »

What? no analysis of the two missed penalty calls? I not dissing T&T team, but I watched Jamaica, Haiti and T&T play yesterday and Joe Public look like they could beat all three.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #583 on: September 11, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
Scotty change he facebook status earlier today: Jason is thinking that he have bing scoring goals over 4 years and still can't get in the t&t team..so i should be happy happy.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 11, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
i agree...the states coulda have two penalty calls and the replays show the last goal wasn't offside, even though it look so at first. We deserve to lose 3-0 despite whatever bad calls we get.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »
hislop shittin on heself..

Keon Daniel is the only man looking like he have ah slight clue right now...

i almost cant watch.

Yeah it really tough to watch...and a man in another thread say that our problem is that we's play pretty football  :-\

Man we eh play pretty football in years. Sad but true
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2008, 01:19:30 PM »

What? no analysis of the two missed penalty calls? I not dissing T&T team, but I watched Jamaica, Haiti and T&T play yesterday and Joe Public look like they could beat all three.

Yardie..you cannot be flecking serious? Steeups. If you look at the sentence prior to the one you put in bold, it should answer yuh question.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 12, 2008, 07:29:13 PM »
A yellow bird in a banana tree whistled to me that Tallest benching was "political" I trying to find out more.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
Political is code 4 disruptuve
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 19, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>