April 28, 2024, 03:57:19 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Sept-2008).  (Read 86471 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: First WIN
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2008, 04:44:51 PM »
Yes we can, Yes we can, Yes we can,  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »
I saw only the Guat game and only part at that.

However, before I get too excited, we played against a Cuban team missing about 5 or 6 players due to defections in the last three years.

Guat was playing for a draw and got a goal the moment they started looking for one.

I know we will play with heart on Wed. I wish them the best.

However, I prefer to look at the big picture before I get too excited about our present campaign.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (10-Sept-2008).
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
What is this nonsense on the US Soccer website talking about you MUST have a ticket to the Pre-Buffet in order to attend the match? DEY CRAZY OR WAT???

"Please note: A game ticket will need to be purchased in addition to the pre-game buffet ticket to attend the match. Additionally, each buffet ticket holder must have a match ticket to enter the buffet. Please do not purchase here unless you already have a ticket to the game. Instead, purchase your ticket to the match and look for this buffet event as an offer during the ticket purchase process."

Maybe dey loosin meh in de translation!!

http://ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_8192003.html

they losing you ,all they say a match ticket ,would not allow u to get the buffet daiz separate ,buy that tic when u buying the match tic.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Monaghans Bar Showing TT vs. USA Match in Toronto
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »
I took the liberty of calling a few bars to find out where they are showing the wcq on wednesday, since they say its coming on espn2, this bar said they have espn2, if there are any other places feel free to list them here for everyone in the gta. This bar is actually in oakville.

http://www.monaghans.ca/

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2008, 07:11:46 PM »
Anyone who saw Saturday's game and is critical of Cyd, Tallman, and Keyeno Thomas being in the starting eleven simply talking because of a blinding love for a specific player.  Those three should not be changed.  Keyeno had a good game against Guatemala.  I say like Arrow in another thread pull Carlos back in defense and switch Cyd to the left.  I don't want to see Akile Edwards on the field not even to distribute water.

Blessings

Edwards---Thomas---Tallest---Cyd

Shift edwards to RB and Cyd to LB it worked against Sweden for 45 mins and England for 82 mins...it can work again.

If not maybe Julius James can play LB?

yuh thinking like me brother ;)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »
anything less than a draw against the US will hurt our campaign..and ah nuh sure wha yuh mean by first win, cause I believe we defeated them back in the early 90s..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2008, 07:32:05 PM »
anything less than a draw against the US will hurt our campaign..and ah nuh sure wha yuh mean by first win, cause I believe we defeated them back in the early 90s..

Never in a WCQ
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
     I am not sure where the thread is but does anyone in Trinidad know if it will be shown on local tv? I saw that the game vs. the USA on Wednesday will be shown on Espn 2 but Flow cable in T&T does not have Espn 2 anymore... any local channels showing it? Any bars here? I know that Trotters usually brings it?

Let me know maybe the Socawarriors.net forumites in Trinidad want to meet somewhere and see it?

Jason.

channel C was runnin a ticker earlier today. dey say dey showin d game, so lewwe keep we fingers an we toes crossed.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
     I am not sure where the thread is but does anyone in Trinidad know if it will be shown on local tv? I saw that the game vs. the USA on Wednesday will be shown on Espn 2 but Flow cable in T&T does not have Espn 2 anymore... any local channels showing it? Any bars here? I know that Trotters usually brings it?

Let me know maybe the Socawarriors.net forumites in Trinidad want to meet somewhere and see it?

Jason.

channel C was runnin a ticker earlier today. dey say dey showin d game, so lewwe keep we fingers an we toes crossed.

bless!!

Doh say dat nah!!!..... :o :o :drool:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2008, 07:47:59 PM »

Jason.

bless!!

Doh say dat nah!!!..... :o :o :drool:

our espn2 showing because i know we does get some other espn2   ??? but if C showing it that good
Youtube Channel

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2008, 08:03:07 PM »
james should get the call for left back, edwards is a no no, thomas should also start over makan.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:53 PM »
Check this out, taken from the Trinidad Guardian Tuesday 9th 2008:

Warriors’ aim to bounce back in Windy City ...Keane recalls Yorke via text message

Due to the heavy afternoon into evening rainfall, T&T's training session at the Toyota Park Training Pitch was called off and the team used an indoor hall at the Chicago Marriott Hotel. They work out for 90 minutes. T&T will train at the official match venue, Toyota Park, on Tuesday night.

Trinidad and Tobago’s national footballers had their first training session under rainy conditions at the Toyota Park Training Pitch yesterday and spirits were on the rise again as they look ahead to tomorrow’s 2010 World Cup Qualifying match against United States at Toyota Park.

T&T will have the services of defender Makan Hislop following his one match suspension but influential midfielder Dwight Yorke who captained the team in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Guatemala did not travel to Chicago and will not play on Wednesday.

Yorke met with Maturana on Saturday night after the match and indicated that he wanted to avoid any conflict with his team manager at Sunderland Roy Keane, saying that it was best if injury be given as the reason.

However, while admitting he held a high amount of respect for Sunderland manager Keane, Yorke did inform the T&T management team that the Irish man had ordered his recall via a text message. It is understood that Keane wanted the player back in Sunderland before Thursday in order for selection for Saturdays Premiership clash away to Wigan Athletic.

Keane however made no request for Carlos Edwards’ early return.

Edwards travels back to Sunderland on Thursday following the encounter with the USA a night earlier.

Defender Avery John is also out on a double yellow cards suspension.

Making a return is Aklie Edwards from a four-match suspension to fill that void in the left back position.

“We will play our game as we intend to, that is to be positive and attempt to get the three points. No game is easy and circumstances change but you have to be ready and we will do our best to be ready for Wednesday,” Maturana said.

“Nothing is a guarantee in football but I believe that we can achieve anything once we go about it in the right way. This we will try to do especially after a disappointing end with Guatemala on Saturday,” he added.

T&T midfielder Keon Daniel, scorer of three goals in T&T’s past two qualifying matches, said the “Soca Warriors” are not counting out the possibility of leaving Chicago with something to show on the points table.

“I think we were disappointed with the way the game ended on Saturday but the spirit isn’t down in the camp. As a matter of fact the guys are all feeling good and I feel we can pull something off on Wednesday. It’s going to be hard but the gap is closing and Wednesday will be a nice way to show it” Daniel said.

“My performance so far has been down to hard work and belief and I think I can say the same for the rest of the team. I don’t usually take shots from the outside but the coach has had me doing it a lot in training and I’m starting to believe more in myself. I got the ball, looked up and saw the chance and I went for it,” he explained.

Tomorrow’s game will be televised live on ESPN and former T&T goalkeeper Shaka Hislop is part of the commentary team. The match will also be broadcasted live on Radio 105 FM and I95.5fm.

T&T Squad in Chicago:

Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Jan Michael Williams (Ferencvaros), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public), Julius James (Toronto FC, Dennis Lawrence (Swansea City), Carlos Edwards (Sunderland), Cyd Gray (Clico San Juan Jabloteh), Keon Daniel (Petrotrin), Andre Toussaint (W Connection), Jason Scotland (Swansea), Cornell Glen (unattached), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Densill Theobald (Caledonia), Clyde Leon (United Petrotrin), Osei Telesford (Puerto Rico Islanders), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Akeil Guevera (North East), Gyasi Joyce (Caledonia AIA), Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force).
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:51 PM »
Shaka calling the game  ;D lol.  would like to see him pull out a trini rag and wave it when we score:rotfl:

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Monaghans Bar Showing TT vs. USA Match in Toronto
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 12:31:29 AM »
Oakville so far ... lol not even in toronto  :P

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 05:54:56 AM »
QUICK HITS

Eighteen players are eligible to dress for both the U.S. and Trinidad & Tobago, and must wear 1-18 for jersey numbers.

Michael Bradley, Clint Dempsey, Frankie Hejduk, Tim Howard and Oguchi Onyewu are each carrying a caution into this match. Any player accumulating two cautions in the semifinal round will be suspended for the next FIFA World Cup qualifier.

T&T defender Avery John is suspended after picking up his second yellow card in the last game against Guatemala. Cornell Glen and Denis Lawrence are carrying cautions into Wednesday’s match.

Steve Cherundolo is eligible to play after serving a one-match suspension for receiving two yellow cards in the USA’s 1-0 win on Aug. 20 against Guatemala.

The U.S. is making its debut appearance at Toyota Park in Bridgeview. The team has 3-3-2 lifetime record in Chicago, including a 2-1 victory against Mexico that earned the United States the 2007 Gold Cup title.

The U.S. has an undefeated record in qualifying against Trinidad & Tobago, holding an 8-0-2 record. The two countries last met during qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, with the U.S. winning both matches.

The first meeting was the opening match of the final round, and the U.S. got goals from Eddie Johnson and Eddie Lewis pacing the visitors to a 2-1 victory in Port of Spain, Trinidad. In the second match, Brian McBride tallied the lone goal in the second minute for a 1-0 victory in East Hartford, Conn.

DaMarcus Beasley made his first-ever appearance in a World Cup qualifier in the USA’s last match of the 2002 qualifying tournament against Trinidad. Beasley only survived 45 minutes of the 0-0 draw on Nov. 11, 2001, at Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, as a he received a concussion at the midway point of the first half and had to be replaced after the break.

Five players on the roster appeared in the USA’s last meeting against T&T, a 2-1 win on July 9, 2007, in group play of the 2007 Gold Cup: Bradley, Brian Ching (1), Ricardo Clark, Landon Donovan, Johnson (1) [starters in bold].

The U.S. boasts a 10-2-6 all-time record against Caribbean nations during World Cup qualifying, with a 29-1-5 overall record at home against teams from the Caribbean.

Howard, whose crucial save in the 88th minute preserved the USA’s win in Cuba, now boasts an impressive four clean sheets in five all-time FIFA World Cup qualifying appearances.

The U.S. has posted a 6-2-2 record in 2008, which includes four straight victories in FIFA World Cup qualifying, a road win against Poland and a 0-0 draw against No. 1-ranked Argentina. Overall, the U.S. has scored 18 goals while surrendering only five.

With his game-winning goal against Guatemala on Aug. 20, Carlos Bocanegra recorded his 10th career international goal for the United States and his second in FIFA World Cup qualifying.

Bocanegra is second on the USA’s all-time scoring list for defenders, now chasing the mark set by Marcelo Balboa (13).

Bradley leads the U.S. in 2008 in minutes played (737), having started nine games of the ten games this season (also a team high). Four players have appeared in eight games this season: Dempsey, Lewis, Onyewu and Heath Pearce.

Donovan leads the team in FIFA World Cup qualifying caps (23), and is tied with Eddie Johnson for most goals in qualifying [8]. Johnson has produced a remarkable strike rate, with eight goals in eight qualifying appearances. Johnson became the first player in U.S. history to score three goals as a substitute when he recorded a hat trick in the 6-0 semifinal round qualifying victory against Panama on Oct. 13, 2004, at RFK Stadium.

Johnson and Donovan are tied for third on the USA’s all-time goalscoring list in FIFA World Cup qualifying. Brian McBride is the USA’s all-time leading goalscorer in FIFA World Cup Qualifying with 10 goals scored over three FIFA World Cup cycles (1998, 2002, 2006).
\
Michael Orozco is the only uncapped player on the roster. The other 19 players have at least one cap to their credit. Orozco and defender Marvell Wynne are the only players on the roster who have not appeared in a FIFA World Cup qualifying game.

Leagues from eight different countries are represented on the U.S. roster: Belgium, Denmark, England (4), France, Germany (3), Mexico, Scotland (2) and the United States (7).

The U.S. collected a 12-2-4 record in the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign, outscoring their opponents 35-11 while collecting 11 shutouts. The U.S. finished undefeated at home during the qualifying campaign, going 8-0-1, with all eight victories coming by shutout.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:58:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2008, 06:14:47 AM »
We all know what the U.S. bring to the table....so we know what to expect the guys just have to dip deep down for this one...that all

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 07:45:24 AM »
I don't know of who heard it but there was a segment on Fox Soccer Channel last night. Not really a segment but they were briefly talking about the Trinidad vs USA game. Please don't quote me on this because I got it through a secondary source. The USA commentators were saying that they don't know why we have to play these weak Caribbean Countries (referring to the smaller Caribbean countries I THINK, however Trinidad was also called somewhere in there with regards to something). They said that we (Caribbean) have bad facilities and that they (USA) should automatically just get their spot to the World Cup because they beat up on these teams anyways.

Again, please don't quote me on this. Those who saw it can clarify. But I know it's something close to this effect.

Anyways, I wish they eat their words tomorrow.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 07:53:54 AM »
Doh worry Kingman....one day, one day.......

something just occur to mih though....Mexico or Costa Rica ever made these kinda comments....or is just because we have better access to American media why we does have to listen to crap from the Americans??  Even the World Cup champions does have to fight dey way back into the next tournament so who de hell is dem??!!....steups!!

If is any country that deserve to get an automatic qualification to the WC from here is Mexico...steups...damn Americans get on mih nerves again..... >:(

Please, oh please, oh please boys....cut dey arse tomorrow.... :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2008, 08:01:47 AM »
Kingman it was Fox Soccer phone in and steven & nick had a question about getting rid of world cup quilifier group stages and how its a waste of time, esp in our zone because US and Mexico always makes it....they also said that fifa should get rid of the grouping and just have one big group like they do in south america and let everyone battle it out.....not everything was directed at T&T, it was more towards Haiti and Cuba with there poor conditions.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »
Yankee arrogance as usual.

I have nothing against Americans and in fact love them for their team spirit and never say die attitude in any sport.

However, their arrogance will be their undoing. Respect your opponents!!!

We will give them blows on Wednesday. Joe Public did it and we will also!!!

It is War!!!

>:( >:( >:(

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2008, 08:11:35 AM »
Following on Joe Public's cutarse of NE. I would love a next T&T cutarse over the US.
They go want to dead.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »
I don't know of who heard it but there was a segment on Fox Soccer Channel last night. Not really a segment but they were briefly talking about the Trinidad vs USA game. Please don't quote me on this because I got it through a secondary source. The USA commentators were saying that they don't know why we have to play these weak Caribbean Countries (referring to the smaller Caribbean countries I THINK, however Trinidad was also called somewhere in there with regards to something). They said that we (Caribbean) have bad facilities and that they (USA) should automatically just get their spot to the World Cup because they beat up on these teams anyways.

Again, please don't quote me on this. Those who saw it can clarify. But I know it's something close to this effect.

Kingman

yuh right but wrong region, they were talking about Europe and and countries like San Marino, and saying the better countries does have to play the meaningless games, but i doh think they refer to us in that. they also say some shit about the countries in Concacaf have bad stadium lighting, because of the cuba and guatemala games they make that comment.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:15:58 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »
di biggest question is who going to lead de team without yorke we could end up looking like haiti or suriname.. Remember we need someone to lead de guys and dats where I think Stern or even drunkman dwarika should have been called up for this encounter..
well we go buck up 2morrow....
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2008, 08:38:44 AM »

Kingman

yuh right but wrong region, they were talking about Europe and and countries like San Marino, and saying the better countries does have to play the meaningless games, but i doh think they refer to us in that. they also say some shit about the countries in Concacaf have bad stadium lighting, because of the cuba and guatemala games they make that comment.
Two things to add.  1. The men making the comments are actually British (or wanna be Brits since they always refer to the English team as "our" team. 2. The discussion stemmed from their belief that in the future, the clubs would refuse access to their players because of the huge investment made in these players by their respective clubs.  Their belief was that the clubs stood to loose a lot with the players playing games against countries with little or no football pedigree.  It was not as much US beating their chest as one would like to make of it.  I almost think of it as a similar argument in Cricket with regards to the minnows being allowed on the World Cup Stage.

Those guys always try to create a discussion to hype their little show, all about nothing really.  Every week their is a phone in topic with topics like "Should Gerrard and Lampard be on the field at the same time?"  "Has Capello changed anything about England's play?"  "Should we have World Cup qualifiers" and so on and on... 

Last night's discussion is not as far fetched as some would like to believe.  If we think only Sunderland is putting pressure on Yorke to abandon their country's World Cup qualifier and to think that this would not get worse, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.  Very shortly we might see a Club Owner putting a price (40 Million Euro) to abandon playing for Country.  W ewill come to understand that the present FIFA World Cup Model might be less Sustainable than a World Club League Model with only the best players.

Blessing
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:51:54 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »
we have been playing better football, this last game against guat, we played better defense except for he last 5 mins, the only hiccup so far in the campaign was bermuda, complecency was our flaw, other than that we have been playing better than last wcq rounds, last time we played guat they score 2 on us in our own backyard and we had to play catch up, this time around they looked unable to score.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2008, 09:43:44 AM »
we have been playing better football, this last game against guat, we played better defense except for he last 5 mins, the only hiccup so far in the campaign was bermuda, complecency was our flaw, other than that we have been playing better than last wcq rounds, last time we played guat they score 2 on us in our own backyard and we had to play catch up, this time around they looked unable to score.

could be different next game - especially if they get carlos ruiz back.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The US Senior Team plays with 2 Holding Mids
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
This is actually the first time I ever heard that the US play 2 holding midfielders in their squad, essentially this could mean that they play with 6 defenders. The question is how do we counter this defensive tactic and use it to our advantage. This was reported in the newsday when they spoke to the coach. He was unsure whether he would employ this method of formation against us but  I believe he will.

I think we should play a 442 and attack, because the US seem to be content to hold fort and wait on the counter.

What must also come into consideration is how good a chess player is Maturana? ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 09:58:11 AM by ON DE BLOCK »

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2008, 09:55:11 AM »
could be different next game - especially if they get carlos ruiz back.

Get Carlos Ruiz back?  Where did he go?  Double check the Guatemala team sheet and you would see he played the full 90 minutes on Saturday night.

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2008, 09:59:20 AM »
that show used to be good...Fox Football Phone in that is....

they talking REAL mess...and i not only saying that because they took a swipe at TT

they talking how they should do away with all the WCQ and the top 24 teams should be automatically invited to the WC.
and the teams like San marino, Andorra etc. should go thru a pre-qualification stage so that teams like portugal, italy,germany etc. dont have to waste time to play them and thus have tired players going back to their respective clubs.
And it was along those lines they were saying that clubs may stop players on a whole from going. But Nick stop that talk and said FIFA aint gonna let that happen obviously.

What i find funny in this whole club vs. country row for leagues like england where they asking players to have played in 75%(or something like that) of their countries games to be considered for a work permit....

how the hell they gonna get those caps if they wanna be bumping about letting them go.
These idiots. They have real players in their squad. They just depending on 2 or 3 men too much. That is y ya seeing more injuries than ever now

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The US Senior Team plays with 2 Holding Mids
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »
This is actually the first time I ever heard that the US play 2 holding midfielders in their squad, essentially this could mean that they play with 6 defenders. The question is how do we counter this defensive tactic and use it to our advantage. This was reported in the newsday when they spoke to the coach. He was unsure whether he would employ this method of formation against us but  I believe he will.

I think we should play a 442 and attack, because the US seem to be content to hold fort and wait on the counter.

What must also come into consideration is how good a chess player is Maturana? ;D

hadda disagree...
USA at home may be a different story.
play a 4-5-1 or even a 5-4-1.
Key to that game is not to concede in the first 20mins. We conceded in the first 20 last time around vs. the USA and couldnt see our way.
think that game finished 2 or 3-0 last time in the US.

after that 20 of holding them.we'll be settled. Them early goals is kill us

1]; } ?>