April 25, 2024, 08:10:08 AM

Author Topic: Sports Illustrated: 2 Jamaican hurdlers received PED in 2006 and 2007  (Read 3238 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Two Jamaican hurdlers implicated in steroid ring

By Luis Fernando Llosa and L. Jon Wertheim, SI.com

Two members of the 2008 Jamaican Olympic track team received shipments of performance-enhancing drugs through an Internet distribution network, according to documents obtained by SI.

The documents state that between June 2006 and February 2007, two shipments of Somatropin (Human Growth Hormone, HGH) and one of shipment Triest (Estogen) were sent to Delloreen London, at a Texas address that traces to the athlete Delloreen Enis-London; the birth date on the document matches the athlete's as well, though the document lists the person's gender as male. Ennis-London, 33, is a Jamaican hurdler who won the silver medal in the 100-meter hurdles at the 2005 World Championships. In Beijing, she finished fifth in the event, but came within .01 of taking bronze. Though the information only pertains to receipt and not actual use of performance-enhancers, both drugs are banned for Olympic athletes.

The documents also indicate that in November 2006, a shipment of Testosterone, Testosterone Aqueous, and Oxandrolone (an oral steroid) were sent to Adrian Findlay, an alternate on the Jamaican 400-meter Olympic hurdle team. The drugs were sent to a North Carolina address that traces to Findlay; the birth date on the document matches the athlete's as well. Findlay, 25, was also member of the Jamaican team that placed second in the 4x400 meter relays at the 2008 World Indoor Championships. Findlay attended St. Augustine's College in Raleigh, N.C.

Multiple attempts to reach both athletes through a variety of contacts, family members and organizations were unsuccessful. According to Ennis-London's husband, Lincoln London, his wife is racing in Switzerland and is unreachable until mid-September.

The prescriptions written in the name of Delloreen London were reportedly obtained through the Anti-Aging Group, a network of clinics that advertise HGH and testosterone treatments on its Web site. According to the document reviewed by SI.com, the prescribing physician was Victor Shabanah. On his Web site, Shabanah advertises himself as a "hormone therapist."

Reached through the Anti-Aging Group in Miami, Dr. Shabanah asserted, "Make an appointment if you want to see me," before abruptly ending the call.

Findlay's prescription was reportedly obtained through the South Beach Rejuvenation clinic, a Florida facility through which Major League baseball outfielder Jay Gibbons, who was suspended by Major League baseball last December for violating the league's drug policy, received banned performance-enhancing drugs. According to the document, the prescribing physician was Daniel J. Hauser of Hollywood, Fla. Hauser did not return calls seeking his comment left at a home number and through South Beach Rejuvenation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/09/02/jamaican.track/index.html

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports Illustrated: 2 Jamaican hurdlers received PED in 2006 and 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »
Let the games really begin now..... >:(
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 05:45:14 PM »
Oui Papa!! Ooh la la!!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:12:27 AM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

Things are also very interconnected. Delloreen's husband, Lincoln London is a Trini. Anyone  here knows him?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:21:06 AM by willi »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:52 AM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

Things are also very interconnected. Delloreen's husband, Lincoln London is a Trini. Anyone  here knows him?

Yet another blow to this 'caribbean unity' thing... nothing good comes from dem Trini-Jam unions   :devil:

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:22:15 AM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

Yet another blow to this 'caribbean unity' thing... nothing good comes from dem Trini-Jam unions   :devil:

Careful man.

Ato did!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:10:04 PM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

Careful man.

Ato did!

Yuh slow when yuh ready eh?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »
hmmmmm..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:39 PM »
hmmmmm..

you, marlon and palos hadda type dat in unison...sando go make up de barbershop quartet
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

I know Lincoln (have not talked to him forever). We both ran for Memphis Pioneers back ln the mid 90's. He ran the 400 and was quite talented. I remeber him going off to a junior college in the US.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 03:18:08 AM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

I know Lincoln (have not talked to him forever). We both ran for Memphis Pioneers back ln the mid 90's. He ran the 400 and was quite talented. I remeber him going off to a junior college in the US.

Thanks man.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 03:19:03 AM »
I welcome the inquiry...

Me too!

Careful man.

Ato did!

Yuh slow when yuh ready eh?

Just didnt want Ato to bite off yuh head! LoL

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 02:19:20 PM »

Just didnt want Ato to bite off yuh head! LoL

Lol... nah man, I sure Ato know not tuh take me too seriously...

1]; } ?>