March 28, 2024, 12:44:21 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Guyana (Wednesday)  (Read 12204 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T vs Guyana (Wednesday)
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
Is this a full international or just a sort of kick around before the WCQ's?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Guyana (Wednesday)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
It has been described as a training match, so I doubt it would qualify as a full international. But who knows, stranger things have happened.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:53:30 PM »
If JW wants it to be a full international, he can.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:29:49 PM »
News reports tonite said it was a training excercise and NOT a full international

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »
So we payin 50 2 c under 20 then? But yday is yday finish d rest so u know it may be an international man need caps
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »

And so we prefer to train against cash strapped Guyana

why not just play Joe Public or W Connection or Jabloteh

are we really that afraid to get a whop ass from a local side!!!!

must our egos be stroked by a handsome win always

This is redic we have much better opposition over here and chances are we could see the next emerging national team player from playing home teams in " training matches"

save money TTFF play local sides i am sure the PFL will do it for say a little over a case of Carib lol

again WHY BOY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:04:28 AM »
bess they play d under 20s  because senior team vs guyana makes no sense same as d under twente
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 06:05:44 AM »
bess they play d under 20s  because senior team vs guyana makes no sense same as d under twente
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:32:28 AM »
Guyana run rings round we the last time they played us.

They have a good knock and Shabazz have the team playing good.

It is a good competitive match and will give those who need caps a much needed stat.

Mind they ent beat us later.

TT has not dominated or controlled any game since Maturana took over despite the scoreline.

All games thus far is heart attack and steups.

Besides them fellas ego fragile and they mental weak. A loss now, breaking their confidence would be detrimental. Let them keep the positive momemtum going

It will take only one good proper cutarse to mash up this side and bring all the haters out the woodwork....Funny thing is....the cutarse looking ominous.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:31 AM »

It is a good competitive match and will give those who need caps a much needed stat.

TT has not dominated or controlled any game since Maturana took over despite the scoreline.

Besides them fellas ego fragile and they mental weak. A loss now, breaking their confidence would be detrimental. Let them keep the positive momemtum going

It will take only one good proper cutarse to mash up this side and bring all the haters out the woodwork....Funny thing is....the cutarse looking ominous.

So Touches if suddenly everything falls into place & we manage to win the next three games playing good international standard ball starting with beating Guyana handsomely later today, do you promise to kiss Pacho's feet & call him 'D Special One'?  ::)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:49:35 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 08:04:12 AM »

the bearer of bad news  ;D socapro my friend, dont expect any good comments from touches, his pessimistic outlook speaks for many non believers on here, they all enjoy and relish he fight down, when we qualify for 2010, people will still say we could have done better if we had so and so and so and so, tt is the land of complaining, you should know that breddah, no brand of football tt play will be good enough, man watching too much epl on here...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »
TI, I doh tink dat d man pessimistic.....he calls it as he sees it. Touches as a fan of the Soca Warriors

and being a citizen of T&T should demand the best from the players and staff that representing

our country. We have experienced times when other caribbean countries we scared to play us bcuz

they know is 4 and 5 they could get on any given day..........T&T was a team feared by the entire

concacaf region. Concacaf respects us now but I'm not sure if all of them fear us.

........................................Is like yuh blaming d journalist fuh reporting d crime in our country.................and i think he's saying that although we won some games we have not been playing well and against superior opposition we would be punished for some of the rookie mistakes the team is making.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »
Israel, yuh taking on TI.....he well know without Hardest we aint going nowhere.... :devil: :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
TI, I doh tink dat d man pessimistic.....he calls it as he sees it. Touches as a fan of the Soca Warriors

and being a citizen of T&T should demand the best from the players and staff that representing

our country. We have experienced times when other caribbean countries we scared to play us bcuz

they know is 4 and 5 they could get on any given day..........T&T was a team feared by the entire

concacaf region. Concacaf respects us now but I'm not sure if all of them fear us.

........................................Is like yuh blaming d journalist fuh reporting d crime in our country.................and i think he's saying that although we won some games we have not been playing well and against superior opposition we would be punished for some of the rookie mistakes the team is making.

not doubing touches patriotism but this is the same man that say we wouldnt even make the final of the digicel bc our locals are shit, we end up making the final and scoring in every game... i know we dont have our best team but we scoring and winning, we not playing that long ball garbage,, we puttng the ball on the ground and playing short passing football, mats must get some credit, its not all gloom and doom...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
Pro I will give pacho his pips if he delivers.

I am also hopeful his play dead to ketch corbeaux alive brand will get results.

However we play like we dont have a clue, and give our opponents too much time on the ball. It is as if we playing dont cross the half and defend for dear life and hope the lone attack we launch will score, kinda football. Is one thing to play defensive...but you must defend compact in a zone, close down the proper passing lanes, pressure the ball smart and dont panic when you do eventually regain possession. With us is rush een and hope to connect, stand up and point and boom kick up the road.

If the TT team could only look like Joe Public. I would be so happy.

Ti sit next to me in the oval...watch the guadeloupe match, admit theobold pull stones, watch spann play la la, watch the collective garbage....and still find I negative when all I do was describe what was on the field.

I set the bar real low for this TT team and many times they do not meet or exceed my expectations. In fact I am often surprised by our lower ranked opponents who play better more constructive and more entertaining ball....But hey...we winning so everything is all right.

I tell alyuh I on entertainment yuh know.

Alyuh doh take me orn....there will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth...and those without teeth shall gnash their gums.

But doh study it....its all entertainment.

Israel  :beermug: :beermug:

Is like yuh blaming d journalist fuh reporting d crime in our country.................and i think he's saying that although we won some games we have not been playing well and against superior opposition we would be punished for some of the rookie mistakes the team is making.
...spot on.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:50:05 AM by Touches »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »
not doubing touches patriotism but this is the same man that say we wouldnt even make the final of the digicel bc our locals are shit, we end up making the final and scoring in every game... i know we dont have our best team but we scoring and winning, we not playing that long ball garbage,, we puttng the ball on the ground and playing short passing football, mats must get some credit, its not all gloom and doom...

God is de BOSS....

Thanks Touches, ah just read yuh reply & totally agree!

I'm sure all of us here including Touches praying that you are correct!!

Now lets Vibes it up!!

What's the score line prediction against Guyana?

I would like to see a 3 - 0 clean sheet to T&T & some high quality ball from our team put cyah honestly make ah prediction!

Who braver than me & want to predict the scoreline?

Socapro
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:54:43 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
2-0  TT,

Glen and Lawrence.

One off an assist by Carlos, the other from a corner by Yorke.

We will be in a good frame of mind and ready for the chapines on Sat.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
2-0  TT,

Glen and Lawrence.

One off an assist by Carlos, the other from a corner by Yorke.

We will be in a good frame of mind and ready for the chapines on Sat.

Nice one Touches!!
Vibes it up! Anyone one else?
Any Guyanese posters here?
Where VB?!  ;)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
Where to find the forumites masses later ?
Ah done know BM and SM go be in the covered....
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:07 AM »
4-0 T&T...........Glen, scotland 2, C. Edwards
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
Btw is this T&T vs Guyana game today being covered by I95.5FM or any of the other T&T Internet available radio stations so that the Outa-national Soca Warriors supporters can also follow the game live?

Flex, Tallman?  :praying:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:04:28 AM by Socapro »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:57 AM »

God is de BOSS....

How many matches have you actually seen T&T play recently?  because from other accounts long ball to our lone striker Glen is exactly how we have been playing.  I personally havent seen the recent matches (besides the away match in Haiti) so I doh know but from the radio commentary that's what it sounds like too.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 09:19:25 AM »

God is de BOSS....

How many matches have you actually seen T&T play recently? because from other accounts long ball to our lone striker Glen is exactly how we have been playing. I personally havent seen the recent matches (besides the away match in Haiti) so I doh know but from the radio commentary that's what it sounds like too.

from what ive heard from my people, the only long ball is into glen, on the occassion other than than its short passing football from what ive heard, thats why men callin for a creative mid ....

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 11:13:20 AM »
Pro I will give pacho his pips if he delivers.

I am also hopeful his play dead to ketch corbeaux alive brand will get results.

However we play like we dont have a clue, and give our opponents too much time on the ball. It is as if we playing dont cross the half and defend for dear life and hope the lone attack we launch will score, kinda football. Is one thing to play defensive...but you must defend compact in a zone, close down the proper passing lanes, pressure the ball smart and dont panic when you do eventually regain possession. With us is rush een and hope to connect, stand up and point and boom kick up the road.

If the TT team could only look like Joe Public. I would be so happy.

Ti sit next to me in the oval...watch the guadeloupe match, admit theobold pull stones, watch spann play la la, watch the collective garbage....and still find I negative when all I do was describe what was on the field.

I set the bar real low for this TT team and many times they do not meet or exceed my expectations. In fact I am often surprised by our lower ranked opponents who play better more constructive and more entertaining ball....But hey...we winning so everything is all right.

I tell alyuh I on entertainment yuh know.

Alyuh doh take me orn....there will be weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth...and those without teeth shall gnash their gums.

But doh study it....its all entertainment.

Israel  :beermug: :beermug:

Is like yuh blaming d journalist fuh reporting d crime in our country.................and i think he's saying that although we won some games we have not been playing well and against superior opposition we would be punished for some of the rookie mistakes the team is making.
...spot on.

Touches yuh hit the nail on the head with that one ...that is exactly the brand T&T playing under Pacho! .... I en hatin (too much) once they getting results...but it is definitely difficult to watch.  That is why JP performance vs. Revs was so nice to see...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 01:24:32 PM »
Anyone know of a radio link for this match?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »

God is de BOSS....

How many matches have you actually seen T&T play recently? because from other accounts long ball to our lone striker Glen is exactly how we have been playing. I personally havent seen the recent matches (besides the away match in Haiti) so I doh know but from the radio commentary that's what it sounds like too.

from what ive heard from my people, the only long ball is into glen, on the occassion other than than its short passing football from what ive heard, thats why men callin for a creative mid ....
lol.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 02:10:30 PM »
Brand dat is 4 sneakers once we winnin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 02:11:35 PM »
whey allyuh go be in de stadium today ???? covered ?? Uncovered???

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 02:12:44 PM »
is a fetematch so we will probably be standing on the sidelines round the field. On the gravel next to the running track
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »
rite i leaving south now...look for meh with the cane as usual hobbling along!
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>