April 20, 2024, 08:02:21 AM

Author Topic: Yorke lines up against Guyana today  (Read 3700 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke lines up against Guyana today
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:05:02 AM »
Yorke lines up against Guyana today

Soca Warriors members Cyd Gray (left) and Cornell Glen (right) train at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Monday as they prepared for their warm-up clash against Guyana at the same venue today.
[/b]

BY GREGORY TRUJILLO

Former national football captain Dwight Yorke will be lining up in coach Francisco Maturana’s team for today’s warm-up match against Guyana at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, from 5.30 pm.
For the Sunderland midfielder, it will be his first appearance for the national side since coming on as a substitute in the friendly international against England in May to mark the centennial celebrations of the T&T Football Federation.
Yorke is coming off an injury which has kept him out of the Sunderland premiership team and also the first World Cup qualifier away to Cuba which the “Soca Warriors” won 3-1 two weeks ago.
Swansea City duo Dennis Lawrence and Jason Scotland, Sunderland midfielder Carlos Edwards, Hungary-based goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, US-based defenders Avery John and Julius James will all be in the squad for the clash against the Guyanese team being coached by T&T’s Jamal Shabaaz.
Defence Force defender, Aklie Edwards will be making a return, having completed a four-match suspension for a red card offence in an Olympic qualifier against Cuba earlier this year.
Among the other home-based pros include midfielder Keon Daniel, the double scorer against Cuba, as well as Densill Theobald, Cornell Glen, Cyd Gray, Anthony Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Clyde Leon and goalkeeper Marvin Phillips among the others.
Coach Maturana will have almost his full squad available with the exception of injured Aurtis Whiley and Coventry City’s Christopher Birchell.   ???
The match will be the last for the Warriors before the second match in the World Cup qualification series against Guatemala on Saturday at the same venue.
The national Under-20 team, preparing for the Under-20 World Cup in Egypt in February next year, will come up against its El Salvador counterparts in the second match of the double-header, from 7.30 pm. TT will be hosting the Concacaf finals for the Under-20 World Cup in January.

Today’s T&T teams from:

TT SENIORS: Jan Michael Williams, Marvin Phillips, Dennis Laurence, Avery John, Cyd Gray, Keyeno Thomas, Clyde Leon, Julius James, Carlos Edwards, Dwight Yorke, Kerry Baptiste, Keon Daniel, Densill Theobald, Cornell Glen, Jason Scotland, Anthony Wolfe, Andre Toussaint, Darryl Roberts :o, Makhan Hislop, Khaleem Hyland.

TT U-20: Leston Paul (capt), Jeremiah Goddard, Keston Smith, Kevin Francis, Marcus Joseph, Uriah Bentick, Akeem Adams, Andre Etienne, Aubrey David, Daniel Cyrus, Jean Luc Rochford, Marvin Manswell, Mikiel Wiliams, Nicholas Walker, Curtis Gonzales, Jamal Clarence, Kevin Thomas, Trent Lougheed, Andre Marchand, Glenroy Samuel.

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:06:46 AM by arrow »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Yorke lines up against Guyana today
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »
THat looks like a damn good Team
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:31:46 AM »
ah second yuuh dey

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:00:11 AM »
Did Roberts get recalled after his Brace?  Or is this just bad reporting?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:07:07 AM »
the samething i would like to know...if Darryl got recall...or that a type-o

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:18 AM »
Did Roberts get recalled after his Brace?  Or is this just bad reporting?

Maturana working he discombobulation brand... doh frighten nah fellas...

Forbes go end up starting... you ent see he eh play in de PFL on de weekend
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »
good team, i wonder if yorke playing holding or attacking mid? ???

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 08:25:21 AM »
My daughter was in Turkey over the last 2 weeks and she heard some football supporters talking bout Trinidad.She couldn't work out what they were talking about but I guess it was about Roberts and his 2 goals.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 09:03:26 AM »
My daughter was in Turkey over the last 2 weeks and she heard some football supporters talking bout Trinidad.She couldn't work out what they were talking about but I guess it was about Roberts and his 2 goals.

nah man dem was debating whether dey should play wid Island People or Tribe for carnival '09  :-\
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »
Welcome back Yorke, it is with great pleasure to have you back in de national set up, so dat you once again assist in leading us to another world cup appearance. Thanks again Yorkie, I only wish your buddy and my idol (Latapy) will consider helping us also, but anyway, dat is another topic by itself.

Greetings to all de clean hearted members here, may de man above bless you all hearts. Just continue to do good things people, and you will be blessed. Ah stop in fuh ah few minutes, cuz ah really running crazy these days, give thanks all de time man. HIGHLY HIGHLY BLESSED.

Hi hater is me Supa

Well ah must greet de haters, bad minded, 2 faces and envious members to yuh know. Well after all dem is de creator children to. Ah dis group probably was saying, ah boi dat facker Supa and he crew, like dey gone fuh good. Yeah, de 2 faces people dey not easy to yuh, members all yuh watch fuh dem, dem dangerrous, bad, bad. Dat is de ili group dat does laugh and chat wid yuh on de forum and call up yuh name when dey meet up or in dey PM (BULLATE). As meh breddah Mavado does say, "me nah gone no way, if yuh want me yuh know way tuh find meh". Well while dis group chatting and hating, big things poppin and we getting paid. So please chat a lil more, it seems like it is a blessing in disguise. KLICK-KLICK, KONNECK.

Well de genuine and cool people here, all yuh excuse meh fuh ah minute, while ah burn ah quick fire on dis lil group. Ah have tuh burn dem out all de time. Nice, well while all yuh hating, guess what, meh phone rang de other day, ah got a call from brother W (real, real nice breddah). Well may de man above bless you and your family sir. Anyway, brother W informed me dat we were have a job to do at de Democratic National Convention, yes I repeat in case yuh didn't see correct, haters, Democratic National Convention  ;).

Unfortunately ah cannot comment anymore as far as details of de job. Mey point tuh dem(dat group) is dat so long as yuh not bad mind, live a clean life and wid a clean heart, things does just come and meet yuh, most of de times yuh doh have to go and look for it. Give thanks and praise to him all de time, he is really good to his people, member meh told yuh.

Anyway, enough wid dem haters. Let me briefly share my experience wid de massive. Reading about dat evening, seeing it on TV, etc, is totally different to being there and witnessing Mr. Obama walk out to  about 80,000 screaming, applauding and calling him out  :o. It was a great experience, dat I never thought I would ever be part of. Well dat historic moment I had to share it with my family, so I scrambled and got my wife and yute on a flight to be part of dis great event, so dey did make it to de event, give thanks for that.

Ah doh have enough words and time, tuh express de feeling when Mr.Obama walked out on dat stage, de vibes in dat place, there were grown men and women. actually crying to witness something dat moment. Most fof de folks dat were crying, were older people dat struggled back in de days, when black and whites couldn't be on de same bus, fighting and marching, etc. They all were repeating de great words of " I have a dream". They were so proud and dey never thought dat dis day would have arrived before they died. Tuh be honest, I is a real tuggy tuggy at times and ah almost got caught up wid de tears seen yes, people it was serious. However, you all please excuse me if you may see ah pulling any past threads and posting under them, cuz yuh know Supa wasn't around fuh ah minute, so work wid meh  ;)  ;D.

Some of you all must try dat sometimes you kno, give de people forum ah rest and den come back after a few days, you wiil see how refreshing it is when you return. Ah dat is impossible fuh some people here, cuz de forum is dey wife or husband. All yuh take me on dat one nah, ah just playing, enjoy de forum 24/7 sah, cuz I was like dat before, 3,4 times fuh day ah use tuh sign in here. As de older folks does say, de older yuh get, yuh suppose tuh get wiser. So bless up each and every one. HIGHLY BLESSED.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:57:40 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
ah hope Guyana doh rope een Richardson from JP to play we nah. ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
Yuh is a brave man to let your daughter wander around Turkey with VB on the loose  ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
Welcome back Yorke, it is with great pleasure to have you back in de national set up, so dat you once again assist in leading us to another world cup appearance. Thanks again Yorkie, I only wish your buddy and my idol (Latapy) will consider helping us also, but anyway, dat is another topic by itself.

Greetings to all de clean hearted members here, may de man above bless you all hearts. Just continue to do good things people, and you will be blessed. Ah stop in fuh ah few minutes, cuz ah really running crazy these days, give thanks all de time man. HIGHLY HIGHLY BLESSED.

Hi hater is me Supa

Well ah must greet de haters, bad minded, 2 faces and envious members to yuh know. Well after all dem is de creator children to. Ah dis group probably was saying, ah boi dat facker Supa and he crew, like dey gone fuh good. Yeah, de 2 faces people dey not easy to yuh, members all yuh watch fuh dem, dem dangerrous, bad, bad. Dat is de ili group dat does laugh and chat wid yuh on de forum and call up yuh name when dey meet up or in dey PM (BULLATE). As meh breddah Mavado does say, "me nah gone no way, if yuh want me yuh know way tuh find meh". Well while dis group chatting and hating, big things poppin and we getting paid. So please chat a lil more, it seems like it is a blessing in disguise. KLICK-KLICK, KONNECK.

Well de genuine and cool people here, all yuh excuse meh fuh ah minute, while ah burn ah quick fire on dis lil group. Ah have tuh burn dem out all de time. Nice, well while all yuh hating, guess what, meh phone rang de other day, ah got a call from brother W (real, real nice breddah). Well may de man above bless you and your family sir. Anyway, brother W informed me dat we were have a job to do at de Democratic National Convention, yes I repeat in case yuh didn't see correct, haters, Democratic National Convention  ;).

Unfortunately ah cannot comment anymore as far as details of de job. Mey point tuh dem(dat group) is dat so long as yuh not bad mind, live a clean life and wid a clean heart, things does just come and meet yuh, most of de times yuh doh have to go and look for it. Give thanks and praise to him all de time, he is really good to his people, member meh told yuh.

Anyway, enough wid dem haters. Let me briefly share my experience wid de massive. Reading about dat evening, seeing it on TV, etc, is totally different to being there and witnessing Mr. Obama walk out to  about 80,000 screaming, applauding and calling him out  :o. It was a great experience, dat I never thought I would ever be part of. Well dat historic moment I had to share it with my family, so I scrambled and got my wife and yute on a flight to be part of dis great event, so dey did make it to de event, give thanks for that.

Ah doh have enough words and time, tuh express de feeling when Mr.Obama walked out on dat stage, de vibes in dat place, there were grown men and women. actually crying to witness something dat moment. Most fof de folks dat were crying, were older people dat struggled back in de days, when black and whites couldn't be on de same bus, fighting and marching, etc. They all were repeating de great words of " I have a dream". They were so proud and dey never thought dat dis day would have arrived before they died. Tuh be honest, I is a real tuggy tuggy at times and ah almost got caught up wid de tears seen yes, people it was serious. However, you all please excuse me if you may see ah pulling any past threads and posting under them, cuz yuh know Supa wasn't around fuh ah minute, so work wid meh  ;)  ;D.

Some of you all must try dat sometimes you kno, give de people forum ah rest and den come back after a few days, you wiil see how refreshing it is when you return. Ah dat is impossible fuh some people here, cuz de forum is dey wife or husband. All yuh take me on dat one nah, ah just playing, enjoy de forum 24/7 sah, cuz I was like dat before, 3,4 times fuh day ah use tuh sign in here. As de older folks does say, de older yuh get, yuh suppose tuh get wiser. So bless up each and every one. HIGHLY BLESSED.

SUPA, u on drugs or u jus didnt read d title of d thread?  :rotfl: ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 12:50:49 PM »
wat time this game playing ? ???

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »

Steupse if richardson could scare we entire team..then we should forget bout making the hex

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »

Steupse if richardson could scare we entire team..then we should forget bout making the hex
I agree! :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »
530 pm TNT TIME
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 02:45:23 PM »
game/scrimmage on radio or tv?

How Robert there dry so.  He should be on the squad before Toussaint anyways

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »
game/scrimmage on radio or tv?

How Robert there dry so.  He should be on the squad before Toussaint anyways

it's on http://www.i955fm.com/

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »

Hi hater is me Supa

:rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »

Hi hater is me Supa

Well ah must greet de haters, bad minded, 2 faces and envious members to yuh know. Well after all dem is de creator children to. Ah dis group probably was saying, ah boi dat facker Supa and he crew, like dey gone fuh good. Yeah, de 2 faces people dey not easy to yuh, members all yuh watch fuh dem, dem dangerous, bad, bad. Dat is de ili group dat does laugh and chat wid yuh on de forum and call up yuh name when dey meet up or in dey PM (BULLATE). As meh breddah Mavado does say, "me nah gone no way, if yuh want me yuh know way tuh find meh". Well while dis group chatting and hating, big things poppin and we getting paid. So please chat a lil more, it seems like it is a blessing in disguise. KLICK-KLICK, KONNECK.

Well lol... in de USA dey does call it drugs, but we island people does call it herbs, de healing ah de nation  ;D. Seriously doh, yuh ah doh hide nothing, ah does keep it real wid de massive at all times. It is no secret dat my close bredrins, whom you all know by now and a couple ah de Enterprise members does burn de herb. But by no means do I have anything against it or anyone dat burn it, as a matter of fact I will sit right dey wid dem and it doh bother me at all. However, just fuh de records family, dat is just not Supa style at all, member I is and will always be a leader, ah doh follow ;).

Give me a bottle of Hennessy, Guinness or Heineken and I good right dey, ah do need nothing more dan dat sah ;). Yuh see why Supa is different to everyone else here, ah does keep it real wid just about anything. Nuff people will feel ah way tuh talk about topics of dat nature, I don't cuz dis is de life, dis is de every day life dat we live in, it is part of de world. So all yuh learn some thing about de Supa again today. Ah sure nuff people probably thought dat ah does burn it, cuzz ah meh crew and meh gangster friend and dem (Killa,Mavado and Busy Signal). Well dis is just another chapter in de book, don't judge a book by de cover, read dat book and get to know dat book first before passing judgement. Ah know yuh was joking  :-\  ;D, but ah just felt like touching on de topic as yuh mentioned it  :beermug: HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:27:31 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>