April 19, 2024, 03:45:35 PM

Author Topic: Anyone tell me how Whitley looked?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone tell me how Whitley looked?
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:46:43 AM »
I think he is the X-factor. He has the creativity to work behind the strikers particularly if Latapy decides not to come back for the next 2 games. He got subbed again but I thought he looked excellent on Sat
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 09:49:28 AM by Tallman »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone tell me how Whitley looked?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 05:51:21 PM »
He made a lot of mistakes,at one point it look like he was'nt sure what was his role,timid a couple good passes here and there,but nothing significant to impact the game.   

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 07:08:01 AM »
He startin to look more confident on the ball with each game. When he first started under Leo he was quick to pass off the ball...but he's starting to hold on a little more and try to look for a through pass. I think he needs to be encouraged to play his natural game....he's probably the only true trini style player we have on the side still.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 10:32:42 AM »
Thanks man
I agree
He is one of d few men who look like they would dominate a small goal sweat.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 08:23:51 AM »
I think he needs to be encouraged to play his natural game....he's probably the only true trini style player we have on the side still.

Yuh rite pardna.

I still dont know how he could do it. I see de man play completely different for Jabloteh ( especially against Connection) than he plays fuh de National team and its suh frustrating because yuh know he could step it up and help in attack. I dont know if its coaching instructions, confidence or both but he could really unsettle defences and has a hard controlled low shot from 18 yds out.

He showed some improvement in de last game though but I think he needs to step up alot more fuh de last two games.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 11:08:57 PM »
daiz why latapy, and Yorke and tonnes of the men on the site keep saying that club football and international football is a different kettle of fish.  Men sprinting at yuh gunning 150% to get the ball form you.  Men hardly doing that for they club...about whitley...I find he make real plenty bad passes in that game...but it wasn't he alone making bad passes.  I find at this level that kinda crap have to done!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 08:07:31 AM »
I find de man looking good. I watch in de Costa Rica game and he showing tremendous composure on ball. I agree with ah man dey......he is de only one on de team exemplifying de true trini style .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 09:33:17 AM »
I find de man looking good. I watch in de Costa Rica game and he showing tremendous composure on ball. I agree with ah man dey......he is de only one on de team exemplifying de true trini style .

de man is talented. he improving every game. I not sure about this true Trini style thing cuz we never get nowhere with it.....

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 09:49:53 AM »
Ah know eh filho ah hear ur dread.  ;D

We were always known as a style and flair team and for de last 5-6 years u cyar see dat.Doh be ashame ah urself cause dais who we is filho. Is just we didn't have dat kind ah experience to see de full potential ah de players dais all.

Every country have ah trait dat say who dey is.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 09:55:38 AM »
you eh lie boy. i does try to fight it but i does still ball out when I man put down a sweet move. It in my veins...i cyah help it ;D

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 03:32:18 PM »
Everybody have a sweet foot move but boy when a man wid dreads mek a sweet foot move it does look ten times betta than when a baldhead man mek a similar move.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 03:34:50 PM »
So Latas does look more flashy than Zizoux?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 09:17:10 AM »
de man is talented. he improving every game. I not sure about this true Trini style thing cuz we never get nowhere with it.....

yeah I know exactly what u mean...but if we have a set of professionals and 2 or 3 flair (trini style) players...that will make all the difference in the world.

Example, Chelsea w/out Robben... , u know Chelsea will win 1 or 2-0, so no need to watch the game,
Chelsea with Robben, u know chelsea will win but u still watch the game cause it might be good..
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>