April 24, 2024, 06:20:20 PM

Author Topic: Joe Public cruise pass New England.  (Read 11867 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Shorthanded MLS teams collapse
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 11:33:15 AM »
Shorthanded MLS teams collapse

Guyanan Gregory Richardson riddled the patchwork back line and a subpar Matt Reis, playing his second game since sitting out three because of an adductor strain, to score three of Joe Public's four goals and set up the other one.

::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public cruise pass New England.
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
I knew is saw Gary Glasgow on the bench.  ttpl have real depth for he was the starting stricker for TnT last year and cant even get a burn in Joe Public.  And Kelvin Norray on the bench too?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public tames MLS giants in CONCACAF Cup.
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
Trinidad’s Joe Public FC defeated the New England Revolution, 4-0

...I still having a hard time wrapping my mind around that scoreline.  What an impressive and definitive statement by Joe Public.  If only the national team could play with the confidence these fellas displayed last night.  Men were not intimidated by the environment, and were composed and determined on the ball.  There was not timid or tentative play and the quality (save for 'Dwareeka' and his errant passes) was really refreshing to behold... nice touches for the most part.

Richardson's firs and final goals in particular... stood out not only for the quality of the finishing, but also because of the quality of the passes that set them up.

Saw the game.  Joe Public was impressive. Their organization was superb. 

What impressed me with this Richardson kid is that not only is he speedy and skillful and could score but the man could play as a bonafied out and out striker.  If allyuh see how the man taking control of the ball with his back to the goal for a "small man" in stature.  I was very very impressed. 

If people watch the tape, it is a classic way to defend.  Look at the defensive and midfield lines.  Every time NE win the ball, JP was defending with 9 men, I was again very impressed.  That coach know what the heck he doing.  Kudos to JP.

Yeah I watched the game too... just that reading the scoreline again it seems kinda surreal.  Talk about total domination.

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
Joe Public cruise pass New England.
By: Flex Mohammed.

Six place T&T Pro League team Joe Public FC put up a brilliant display at the Gillette Stadium on Tuesday night to come away 4-0 winners over MLS Eastern second place team New England Revolution in the CONCACAF Championship Cup. Leading the series 2-1 and only needing a tie for the least to take them through to the next rounds. Joe Public came out firing on all cylinders from the kick off that would leave the host team shell-shocked. The Trinidad and Tobago side a 6:1 aggregate victory send it to Group C along with Mexico’s Atlante FC, CD Olimpia of Honduras and Impact de Montreal of Canada.

Guyanese striker Gregory Richardson was the most impressive player off the night netting a hat-trick for the Eastern Lions and Jamaican striker Reon Nelson also getting on the score sheet that would help finish off the New England side and create history in the process as no other T&T club has ever beaten an American side at home in such competition and, in such manner. The Revolution finished with 10 men after defender Jay Heaps drew a second yellow card in the 90th minute for a rash tackle from behind on Wolry Wolfe. Joe Public will now look to it's next opponent in its Group C schedule away September (17) against Canada's Montreal Impact.

Joe Public FC (4-4-2): - 1-Alejandro Figueroa (GK), 13-Jason Springer (10-Lyndon Andrews 85th), 23-Keyeno Thomas, 20-Christopher Harvey, 19-Carlyle Mitchell, 11-Wolry Wolfe, 8-Dale Saunders ©, 9-Arnold Dwarika, 17-Kerry Baptiste, 14-Reon Nelson (31-Jamal Gay 76th), 21-Gregory Richardson.

Videos.
Gregory Richardson 16
Gregory Richardson 44
Reon Nelson 47
Gregory Richardson 80

Group C
Joe Public - T&T
Atlante - Mexico
CD Olimpia - Honduras
Montreal Impact - Canada

Fixtures
Sept 17: Montreal Impact vs Joe Public
Sept 24: Joe Public vs CD Olímpia @ 8 PM
Sept 30: Atlante vs Joe Public @ 8 PM
Oct 8: Joe Public vs Montreal Impact @ 8 PM
Oct 21: Joe Public FC vs Atlante @ 8 PM
Oct 28: CD Olímpia vs Joe Public @ 8 PM
Joe Public FC v Revolution Report.
By: revolutionsoccer.net.

Joe Public advances to the CONCACAF Champions League group stage with a 6-1 aggregate victory

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Gregory Richardson scored three goals and helped set up another, as Trinidad’s Joe Public FC defeated the New England Revolution, 4-0, in the second leg of a CONCACAF Champions League preliminary-round series on Tuesday night at Gillette Stadium. With the result, Joe Public won the two-game series, 6-1 on aggregate, and advanced to the tournament’s group stage.

Joe Public will be part of Group C in the CONCACAF Champions League, joining Mexican side Atlante, Honduran club Olimpia, and the winner of the series between the Montreal Impact (Canada) and Real Esteli (Nicaragua), which Montreal led, 1-0, after the first leg. New England’s participation in the tournament was ended with the loss.

Richardson scored his first in the 17th minute to give Joe Public a 1-0 lead in the match and a 3-1 advantage on aggregate. Wolry Wolfe’s long pass from midfield split the Revolution backline and put Richardson one-on-one with Revs goalkeeper Matt Reis, and Richardson finished to the far post from the left side of the box.

New England’s best chance of the first half – and ultimately, the match – fell to Shalrie Joseph in the 36th minute, but his close-range shot from a tight angle flew across the face of goal and past the far post.

Richardson extended the visitors’ lead to 2-0 on the night and 4-1 on aggregate just before halftime, bursting past a defender and firing a shot into the roof of the net from a very tight angle.

Less than three minutes into the second half, the Eastern Lions scored again, this time with Richardson providing the pass for Roen Nelson’s goal. Richardson played a low pass to the top of the area for Nelson, who side-footed a shot from 18 yards inside the left post.

The scoring was completed in the 81st minute when Richardson scored his third goal of the game and his fourth of the two-game series. Richardson took a short pass from Silas Spann outside the box before driving a shot inside the far post.

New England will return to MLS regular-season action on Saturday, Sept. 6, when the club travels to Ohio for a crucial Eastern Conference showdown with the Columbus Crew at 7:30 p.m. at Crew Stadium.

New England Revolution (USA) vs. Joe Public FC (TRI)
September 2, 2008 – Foxborough, Mass. (Gillette Stadium)

Scoring Summary:
JPF – Gregory Richardson (Wolry Wolfe) 17
JPF – Gregory Richardson (unassisted) 45
JPF – Roen Nelson (Gregory Richardson) 48
JPF – Gregory Richardson (Silas Spann) 81

New England Revolution: Matt Reis (GK), Chris Tierney, Amaechi Igwe, Gabriel Badilla, Jay Heaps, Mauricio Castro, Shalrie Joseph © (Rob Valentino 68), Jeff Larentowicz (Pat Phelan 46), Wells Thompson, Khano Smith, Brandon Manzonelli (Joe Germanese 72)

Substitutes Not Used: Doug Warren (GK), Chris Albright, Brandon Tyler, Sainey Nyassi

STATS: Shots 10; Shots on Goal 4; Saves 3; Corner Kicks 2; Offside 1; Fouls Committed 14

Joe Public FC: Alejandro Figueroa (GK), Jason Springer (Lyndon Andrews 85), Keyeno Thomas, Christopher Harvey, Carlyle Mitchell (Silas Spann 72), Wolry Wolfe, Dale Saunders ©, Arnold Dwarika, Kerry Baptiste, Roen Nelson (Jamal Gay 76), Gregory Richardson

Substitutes Not Used: Andre Foster (GK), Gary Glasgow, Elusma Pierre, Kerry Noray

STATS: Shots 9; Shots on Goal 7; Saves 4; Corner Kicks 3; Offside 5; Fouls Committed 13

Misconduct Summary:
JPF – Dale Saunders (caution) 13
NE – Jay Heaps (caution) 78
NE – Gabriel Badilla (caution) 88
NE – Jay Heaps (second caution/ejection) 90

Officials.
Referee: Steve DePiero
Referee’s Assistants: Hector Vergara (SAR), Daniel Belleau (JAR)
Fourth Official: Mark Geiger
Time of Game: 1:53
Weather: 67 and cloudy
Attendance: 3,523

NOTES
All four of the Revs’ first-choice forwards missed the match with injuries … Taylor Twellman (facial lacerations), Adam Cristman (right toe sprain), Kheli Dube (right adductor strain) and Kenny Mansally (right ankle sprain) were all unavailable … Khano Smith and Brandon Manzonelli started as the Revs’ forwards.

Joe Public began the match with the same starting lineup that the club used in the first leg on Aug. 26 in Trinidad.

New England played from the 75th minute to the 90th minute with 10 men, as Khano Smith left the match with an injury after the Revs had used their three allotted substitutions.

New England played the final moments of stoppage time with nine men, after Jay Heaps was issued a second yellow card and subsequent red card.

After playing the full 90 minutes as both a center back and a defensive midfielder in tonight’s match, Gabriel Badilla will depart tomorrow to join the Costa Rica National Team for a pair of 2010 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers against Suriname (Sept. 6) and Haiti (Sept. 10) … Badilla is expected to miss the Revolution’s next two matches (at Columbus, Sept. 6; against Chivas USA, Sept. 11).

Joe Public became the first Caribbean team to defeat a club from the United States in the history of CONCACAF club competitions … the club from Trinidad also became the first Caribbean side to score as many as three goals in one match against a team from the United States.
that is the way we must beat people on their own turf and have their supporters running out their own stadium. BLOWS IN DEY CLOTHES AND HANG DEM OUT TO TAKE DEW! :) ;D :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »
Anyone know what Group and what opposition yet?

and Dates for the games ;D

thanks
Group C
Joe Public - T&T
Atlante - Mexico
CD Olimpia - Honduras
Montreal Impact - Canada

it will be very cold in montreal that time to play football, i hope dem man could take that oui... >:(

They playing in Montreal 2 weeks from now........it not gonna be that cold

I was in Canada in early October last year and coming from the Caribbean....it was friggin cold.  All de time, all my friends and family keep repeating "its such nice weather".....I was just watching dem like dey mad...how de hell 14 degrees could be nice weather??!!.... ??? :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »

thanks
Group C
Joe Public - T&T
Atlante - Mexico
CD Olimpia - Honduras
Montreal Impact - Canada

it will be very cold in montreal that time to play football, i hope dem man could take that oui... >:(

I was in Canada in early October last year and coming from the Caribbean....it was friggin cold.  All de time, all my friends and family keep repeating "its such nice weather".....I was just watching dem like dey mad...how de hell 14 degrees could be nice weather??!!.... ??? :-\

it's all relative compared to the minus 14 degress they used to half the year

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 02:47:47 PM »

thanks
Group C
Joe Public - T&T
Atlante - Mexico
CD Olimpia - Honduras
Montreal Impact - Canada

Well it shouldn't even be as cold as that in mid-September, i wud assume it should be closer to 20 degrees. Yes, that still colder than they used to in T&T, but playing in that weather shouldn't be too much of an issue, i would think.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 02:48:36 PM »
it's bes Joe Public replace the Soca Warriors yes! :beermug: :beermug:

Well done Joe Public!

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »
I am very surprise to see Jamaicans and Trinibagonians supporting one team, first time in meh life I experience that !!!

I hate to say it, but Nelson held up the ball very well despite his missing.... this new JP coach is great !!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:53:05 PM by Flex »

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »
This is what we need....results such as these go a long way in boosting our confidence not only as Trinidadians and Tobagonians,  but as Caribbean people in general. After another Caribbean 'robot' Usain Bolt destroyed the Olympics in track and field...we have yet again a positive performance where our 6th place team took out MLS 2nd place squad. Now, I have heard basically every excuse, every comment possible, however as a professional team in any sport, you just dont loose 4 nill unless you are totally outplayed. This and this alone was the case for the Revs in the 2 leg series, THEY WERE OUTPLAYED!! Whether it be injuries, fatigue, disinterest etc..etc...blah blah blah...let us be proud of this accomplishment...let us hold our heads high, for too long the world has taken us to lightly. All we ever needed was a confidence boost...and thats what joe public went into the game with...the confidence knowing that they was going to defeat the revs...I wish them all the best and will be following their progress....GREAT JOB!!!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
This is what we need....results such as these go a long way in boosting our confidence not only as Trinidadians and Tobagonians, but as Caribbean people in general. After another Caribbean 'robot' Usain Bolt destroyed the Olympics in track and field...we have yet again a positive performance where our 6th place team took out MLS 2nd place squad. Now, I have heard basically every excuse, every comment possible, however as a professional team in any sport, you just dont loose 4 nill unless you are totally outplayed. This and this alone was the case for the Revs in the 2 leg series, THEY WERE OUTPLAYED!! Whether it be injuries, fatigue, disinterest etc..etc...blah blah blah...let us be proud of this accomplishment...let us hold our heads high, for too long the world has taken us to lightly. All we ever needed was a confidence boost...and thats what joe public went into the game with...the confidence knowing that they was going to defeat the revs...I wish them all the best and will be following their progress....GREAT JOB!!!!
:applause: Daz all I saying....Great Victory...6-1 on aggregate!!! good licks ...the better squad win

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2008, 12:10:27 AM »
MONTREAL IS WE NEXT VICTIMS AND WE READY FOR THEM

SEN THEN :bringiton:
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:08 AM »
My congrats to Joe Public on their victory.  Shaka wrote a blog on it on de guardian.co.uk, you can take a read and leave a comment.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/09/04/joe_public_expose_mlss_alarmin.html

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »
MONTREAL IS WE NEXT VICTIMS AND WE READY FOR THEM

SEN THEN :bringiton:

i want to see that game  :devil: :devil: rumfle they ass
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »
saw de game but now get chance to add meh 2 cents.JP played with real determination,richardson was excellent,JP defence was solid.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »
LA Galaxy is negotiating the transfer of a striker from Joe Public of Trinidad & Tobago, which upset New England in the Concacaf Champions' Cup last year.

I think its Gregory Richardson.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 09:28:20 AM »
have to be.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »
de guyanese rip apart NE defence.too bad that was de only game he shine.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>