April 28, 2024, 05:14:32 AM

Author Topic: Harbor View Vs Pumas (Concacaf Champions League)  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Harbor View Vs Pumas (Concacaf Champions League)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
9/4/2008 - Francisco “Paco” Palencia scored twice in the second half after missing a penalty kick to lead Pumas UNAM to a 3:0 victory over Harbour View on Thursday, completing the 16-team field for the CONCACAF Champions League ™.

Palencia scored in the 65th and 91st minutes and also set up Jehu Chiapas for another in the 89th, putting Pumas into Group B along with the USA league champion Houston Dynamo, CD Luis Angel Firpo of El Salvador and San Francisco FC.

Unlike the other eight Preliminary Round series, the Pumas-Harbour View match was contested as a one-off playoff in Mexico City because the first leg in Jamaica last week was cancelled due to Hurricane Gustav.

Pumas is the fourth Mexican side to qualify for the Group Stage, joining CD SC Cruz Azul in Group A, Atlante FC in Group C and Club Santos Laguna in Group D.

Palencia had a chance to put Pumas ahead in the 30th minute after Fernando Morales was brought down by goalkeeper Dwayne Miller, who was ejected for the foul, but he sent his penalty high.

Pumas finally went ahead in the second half when replacement keeper Michaud Barret couldn’t corral Chiapas’ cross misplayed by Harbour View defender Lennox Wright, and Palencia capitalized on the loose ball.

Palencia sent a cross to an unmarked Chiapas for the second goal and then completed the scoring from the top of the area.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »
Bake n Shark yuh Jamaican or what?

I pretty sure he was being sarcastic frico.......since some ppl in another thread were trying to imply that because Joe Public rest a world of hurt on New England, that the TT Pro League is better than the MLS.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
that game was hard to watch dread........HV look like shit, i had to change de channel after the 2nd goal, no defence at all from HV, really poor showing.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 12:43:08 PM »
Bake n Shark yuh Jamaican or what?

I pretty sure he was being sarcastic frico.......since some ppl in another thread were trying to imply that because Joe Public rest a world of hurt on New England, that the TT Pro League is better than the MLS.

Lol... I does just have tuh siddung and laff sometimes yes dred.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »
that game was hard to watch dread........HV look like shit, i had to change de channel after the 2nd goal, no defence at all from HV, really poor showing.

nah man...them fellas try hard...but pumas is a well-oiled machine.  them fellas movement and touches is a sight to behold.   HV was doing ok but once the keeper got sent off you just knew the onslaught was coming.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »
how joe public lorse tuh dis side is beyond me

Proof positive that Jamaica's semi-pro league is better than the PFL...

Please tell me you are joking? :o
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
It really does not matter if the JA league is better that the Trini PFL. The fact is that no Caribbean club team(correct me if I am wrong) has ever beaten a Mex. team in Mexico. HV had a tough task from the start. They had to forfeit their home game because of the hurricaine. Then they playing in the high alttude in the Olimpic stadium. Guys who play in Mex. city say the altitude does make a difference.

Then the ref sabotage their game plan when he sent of the HV gk for the "fowl" on the Puma forward. It was a 50/50 ball, in addition to a defender was also in the mix. It was not a deliberate "fowl". That change the whole dynamics of the HV game plan.

Now that JP has moved ahead, let's see how they will do in Mex.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »
I have no doubt CONCACAF have the worst referees in the game. Sometimes when I sit down and think
if places like Germany, Italy etc uncover corruption with referees. And the US finding out NBA refs get bribed
I can only imagine what going on in CONCACAF.
When I see referees giving lots of freekicks just outside the box, plenty yellow cards early on in the game etc.
I begin to watch them like hawk
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
It really does not matter if the JA league is better that the Trini PFL.

For the love of Jesus, Joseph, Mary and all the saints in heaven...

it was a deliberately sarcastic and provocative statement people.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 03:36:59 PM »
Bake I was being sacarstic, also!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
Bake I was being sacarstic, also!!!!

Arrite...  just making sure, lol  :beermug:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 09:54:51 PM »
Right ! So Bake an Shark is Trini and not disguising himself as Hackee an Saltfish. ;D

1]; } ?>