April 27, 2024, 05:32:15 PM

Author Topic: Bad News...US sending 'experimental' team to Guatemala !  (Read 9904 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Bad News...US sending 'experimental' team to Guatemala !
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:37:33 AM »
The USA face Guatemala on Wednesday in a largely meaningless game for the North Americans. Arena admitted that he will use a heavily experimental squad now that his team have secured qualification. "We will go with a team that can win, but I will be experimenting," he said....

Excerpt from an article on FifaWorldcup.com..

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050904/1/4jhq.html
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

truetrini

Re: Bad News...US sending 'experimental' team to Guatemala !
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 10:42:07 AM »
That team simply shows the depth of the USMNT!

That team is no walk over and they will give Guatemala 3-4

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 10:53:44 AM »
I think the U.S. could still beat Guate with their exp team...................plus we're on even points now with Guate, so there is no time to sit around and over-think who they're gonna beat, and who's gonna beat them etc..............A large part of our fate lies in our own hands, so simply put, we just have to go out there and win games.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
The US team is a strong team. Doh worry. See the team on the post "Fight down to de wire"
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 10:54:45 AM »
That team simply shows the depth of the USMNT!

That team is no walk over and they will give Guatemala 3-4

If the USA send an experimental squad, Guatemala will secure at least one point in the game. I cant recall the USA doing extremely well away from home in these rounds. Its never an easy task for Caribbean or north american teams to play in Central America.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 11:00:37 AM »
this is their roster

Goalkeepers  – Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC), Matt Reis (New England Revolution)
Defenders  – Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Nick Garcia (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Dallas)
Midfielders  – Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution),  Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Santino Quaranta (D.C. United), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution)
Forwards  – Jeff Cunningham (Colorado Rapids), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (FC Dallas), Taylor Twellman
(New England Revolution)

Most of these guys will be looking to impress Arena SO THEY WILL PUT UP A FIGHT
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 11:13:27 AM »
If the USA send an experimental squad, Guatemala will secure at least one point in the game.

Man I love it when you make predictions.

Thanks.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »
this is their roster

Goalkeepers  – Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC), Matt Reis (New England Revolution)
Defenders  – Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Nick Garcia (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Dallas)
Midfielders  – Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution),  Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Santino Quaranta (D.C. United), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution)
Forwards  – Jeff Cunningham (Colorado Rapids), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (FC Dallas), Taylor Twellman
(New England Revolution)

Most of these guys will be looking to impress Arena SO THEY WILL PUT UP A FIGHT

I seem to remember alot of these names on the roster for their last game or they were in the team but then got injured or was out because of suspension.  That team ain't a week team at all so I say Guatemala Goose cook.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »
I am suprised Alecko Eskandarian is not on the team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 11:40:43 AM »
If the USA send an experimental squad, Guatemala will secure at least one point in the game.

Man I love it when you make predictions.

Thanks.

I predicted a win for T&T vs Guatemala in the last game too....
I wasnt specifically predicting a tied result, I was trying to analyze the point made by one post in the thread saying the USA will win by 3/4 goals in Guatemala.

Thanks.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 11:41:18 AM »
Don't worry.

It's true that most of the Euro-based players have been sent home. But this is still a strong roster and these guys will play to win. Think about it. They are playing for their places on next summer's World Cup squad. And we also want to stay on top of the pile and finish in first place in the hexagonal.

Good luck to you guys. I really would like to see T&T qualify!
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 11:45:02 AM »
Don't worry.

It's true that most of the Euro-based players have been sent home. But this is still a strong roster and these guys will play to win. Think about it. They are playing for their places on next summer's World Cup squad. And we also want to stay on top of the pile and finish in first place in the hexagonal.

Good luck to you guys. I really would like to see T&T qualify!

I think your defence is a bit suspect there Zeppo.  Otherwise...strong team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 11:47:59 AM »
Nonsense, if they were in our shoes, and we did that, send a 2nd team to play a match important for their qualification, they would raise hell with FIFA.  

Jack should make noise about this.  It is the obligation of every team to play their best team through the end of the tournament whether they qualify or not.  Didn't we upset Hondurus at their home in the last game of the last campaign and sent another team through?

This looks like a brand new team, strong players yes but without much play together, they will lose in Guatemala, especially without brick wall Keller in goal.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 11:49:48 AM by whayuhsay »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 11:50:52 AM »
Ah think if dey send a so so squad and de Guats win, it go have bad blood betweeen our soccer associations. The U.S. can send a weakened squad but if dey water down dey squad too much, den dis is not in the best interest of de sport. It would be very unfair for the teams fighting for 3rd and 4th especially for us after we saw dem at full strength twice. Trust meh Uncle Jack go say sumting.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 11:54:54 AM »
Nonsense, if they were in our shoes, and we did that, send a 2nd team to play a match important for their qualification, they would raise hell with FIFA. 

Jack should make noise about this.  It is the obligation of every team to play their best team through the end of the tournament whether they qualify or not.

that is so true..if was we, we woulda be under endless pressure the moment we announce we squad.
but anyway the squad the US pick for this game is still an acceptable one in my mind..players will want to play well in order to be recognized for future selection.if they don't perfom well i think we will have reason to be really suspicious and call for an investigation...by the way the USA owe us one for 1989. ;)
but then again aren't we hoping Mexico do the same when they come visit us?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 11:59:03 AM »
Never thought a wudda live to see de day Trini backing US to win ah game ;D

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 12:10:17 PM »

Jack should make noise about this.  It is the obligation of every team to play their best team through the end of the tournament whether they qualify or not.  Didn't we upset Hondurus at their home in the last game of the last campaign and sent another team through?

This looks like a brand new team, strong players yes but without much play together, they will lose in Guatemala, especially without brick wall Keller in goal.

If we make the cup with a game to spare and Beenhakker look to give men like Kerry Baptiste, Noray, Josh Johnson etc.. a run to see if he can make any additions/changes to the squad I really dont think you can blame him for that. Same goes for the US.

I understand where you coming from but no team have any obligations to nuttin.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 12:14:44 PM »
I am not 100% sure but I think Carlos Ruiz is suspended fuh dis game. He got a yellow card against us on Saturday and he got a yellow card against Costa Rica in June.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »
Maybe Manning cozying up to Chavez too much.  You would be surprised to see how low ploitics will go but Bush and Rice want to take out Chavez.  Call me the conspiracy theory king but we will see if there could be some truth if the US revert back to their #1 team after the Guatemala game or if they continue to experiment.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 12:31:43 PM »
Ah think if dey send a so so squad and de Guats win, it go have bad blood betweeen our soccer associations. The U.S. can send a weakened squad but if dey water down dey squad too much, den dis is not in the best interest of de sport. It would be very unfair for the teams fighting for 3rd and 4th especially for us after we saw dem at full strength twice. Trust meh Uncle Jack go say sumting.

Jack should make noise about this.  It is the obligation of every team to play their best team through the end of the tournament whether they qualify or not.  Didn't we upset Hondurus at their home in the last game of the last campaign and sent another team through?

Is there  a rule governing the teams that are selected for WCQ matches in terms of the perceived strength of the team?
If not it doh have nutten Jack or anybody could say to the US and/or Mex. they have no obligation to anybody but themselves to qualify and prepare their own teams as best they can.
Im sure we all want US and Mex to continue to field strong teams and beat up on everybody (except us) but we cant make any noise if the start playing young players, we just need to win our games

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 12:32:29 PM »
Maybe Manning cozying up to Chavez too much. You would be surprised to see how low ploitics will go but Bush and Rice want to take out Chavez. Call me the conspiracy theory king but we will see if there could be some truth if the US revert back to their #1 team after the Guatemala game or if they continue to experiment.

LOL...Bush and dem doh even know it have a 'soccer' game going on, far less to care if his team help kick out some caribbean team... :rotfl:
Conspiracy theory king for real, yes!!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 12:36:01 PM »
 :D :D :D

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 12:37:52 PM »
 Â    I am very sad to say that what I predicted in an earlier post is happening now. Remember before we played the US I said that beating or at least drawing the US would have stunted the US's qualification bid and they would take it out on the other teams. Now that they have beaten us and Mexico they honestly have nothing to prove and have (as most smart football fans would guess) a weaker team OBVIOUSLY this makes sense for them so we cannot diss them. I just really hope that they at least tie with Guat. if not we go really have to end up fighting and a draw (which is a realistically good result for us) against CR may not be enough and we may well have to be fighting for a win against Pana. and Mexico to scrape in which is what I did NOT want! Yes it is true that if we were to beat both CR and Pana. then we should basically be free, BUT we have to be realistic for now. I am a realist. I think that Guat. can at LEAST draw this new US team, so we MUST at least draw CR, regardless (yes I too am praying for a win). Lewwe hope that by the time we play Panama they do not do us what we did to Honduras when we beat them and end up putting Mexico in the WC 2002 rather than Honduras eh!!

Let's hope that Mexico blow out nice wins in their next 2 games since that will help us and hopefully they won't fight up too much when they play us, but again we have to be realistic and not count for more than a draw against them next month.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 12:39:51 PM »

You don't seem to understand.

Bruce Arena can send whichever team he likes. His team has qualified, and if he wants to rest key players while blooding new ones at the same time then he can certainly do that. Tough luck.

It isn't his fault that T&T is in the position that they're in.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 12:43:39 PM »
Maybe Manning cozying up to Chavez too much. You would be surprised to see how low ploitics will go but Bush and Rice want to take out Chavez. Call me the conspiracy theory king but we will see if there could be some truth if the US revert back to their #1 team after the Guatemala game or if they continue to experiment.

LOL...Bush and dem doh even know it have a 'soccer' game going on, far less to care if his team help kick out some caribbean team... :rotfl:
Conspiracy theory king for real, yes!!

true Bush and his boys ent know but thats why they have de CIA to drop the memos everymorning for he breifing.
yeah some of us like me seem to watch everything that happen in the news ina different way and always try to put 2+2+3 and try to get 10 lol
with this Katrina thing obviously i have my theories..my wife telling to shut the f**k up whole week..then i is tell she Bush ent like black people couresty kanye west..she know is true cause she is then shut up  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:04:51 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005, 12:43:55 PM »
 Â   Zeppo what you doing with that lame "sucker" logo under your name horse. Better you have the Mexican Football Federation logo, watch that slackness.  ???

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 12:47:07 PM »
Look the bottom line is, we have to play better than we ever play, to win all our games, to get to the World Cup....as it should be...so lehwe go den, tryin our best...if we do dat an still lose, don't the team dat beat us deserve to go ?.....So fuhget everybody else...let we beat all who we play...give it our all....is just for a short while again....T&T

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005, 12:47:43 PM »
   Zeppo what you doing with that lame "sucker" logo under your name horse. Better you have the Mexican Football Federation logo, watch that slackness.  ???

Jason.

I suppose I could put it there.

Sort of like displaying a scalp that we have just taken, right?
- Xavi

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 12:50:44 PM »
Zeppo is ah US Supporter, an ah Trini fan....nuthen wrong with dat...ent Zeppo...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005, 01:14:13 PM »
I think the US squad is strong enough to win....Donovan, Eddie Johnson is still in the squad....We can't be vex that they are looking at a few fringe players..that is the benefit of qualifying early...I believe these fringe players will give their best because they are all trying to make the final WC squad.

We need to shut our a*s and stop looking for excuses...we need to handle our own business and win some games and stop worrying about what other people doing.

1]; } ?>