April 27, 2024, 07:53:43 AM

Author Topic: Family Life and Professional Football!  (Read 1018 times)

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Family Life and Professional Football!
« on: September 08, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »
Does anyone know how many of our national teams players are married have children and actually living with their families?  And I would like to hear whether you all think this affects a players ability to perform at his best cinsistently.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Family Life and Professional Football!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:17:11 PM »
You raise a good issue. Roberto Carlos admitted that his loss of form towards the beginning of last season was due to the fact that he was going through a divorce, and I think (might be wrong) his wife was winning custody of the kids.

Fellow Brazilian Sonny Anderson took up a contract all the way in the middle east, to make back some quick cash after his wife cleaned him up with alimony fees.......

So I do think that family/personal lives (especially turmoil) could have a big impact on a player's career and perhaps current form..

Not sure of any examples in the T&T squad though....but based on our form, there very well might be some :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:.......would be interested to know.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 11:22:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 07:05:41 AM »
I know Latas and Carlos is...we all know what Yorke is like but I never hear anything about Dog family life. One would think that good cristian brethren like him should be settled with wife and kids by now, but he always saying when he maiking a big decision that he have to consult with upstairs first. I bet you if he was married it would be "I have to check the wife first, then if she cool with it i will ask God for confirmation..."...l
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 07:33:02 AM »
And I would like to hear whether you all think this affects a players ability to perform at his best consistently.

I doh tink dis is anyting specific tuh football. Regardless what job yuh doing (even if yuh jes going tuh school), if yuh personal life in turmoil or not stable it tends tuh affect your performance unless you are a mentally strong person. With that said, I eh tink it have no correlation between marital status and on de field performance.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 07:44:26 AM »
I guess what I am looking for is ... Do you all believe, like Sir Alex does, that a good married life is necessary inorder to keep players focus etc. and contributes to good consistent performance.  Most of ManU players, except maybe Renaldo & Rooney are married ... and they are being encouraged to do so.  For example, if most of our players were in good marriages, how likely is it that they would have partied till 7am on Sunday morning and not gone hope to their families ... a factor when coupled with long flight, changing time zone, faster surface etc that may have affected their performance last Wednesday?  This is just one perspective.

1]; } ?>