April 20, 2024, 04:52:25 AM

Author Topic: Bad News...US sending 'experimental' team to Guatemala !  (Read 9874 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bad News...US sending 'experimental' team to Guatemala !
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »

Jack should make noise about this.  It is the obligation of every team to play their best team through the end of the tournament whether they qualify or not.

GET SERIOUS NAH MAN !!! You listening to what you're saying ??.....The U.S. could line up with who they want to ....Brazil used 77 players in their last World Cup qualifying campaign(WC 2002)......A team is allowed to play whichever line up they please. One of the luxuries of qualifying with games to spare, is that you get to take a look at some other players without sacrificing your chances of qualification.....Come on bro, you can't be serious saying something like that.......unbelievable

« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:45:53 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 01:41:30 PM »
Under all the ole talk.........TT still cyar beat that USA team.

USA doe send no experiment side.......Arena have a plan, the players does play to plan and follow instructions and a flicking University USA 11 can get a positive result against any other Concacaf team.

ALl them USA players have caps already and were starters at some point if not in this campaign a previous one.

USA have a large talent pool and just keeping people fresh and rotated for healthy competition.

Please get over this mindset that the USA ent good. They have developed into a formidable team and that is why they have qualified with 3 games to spare.

A side could play all over them, share beat like dirt...They will get kicked or fouled but at the end, they will not be able to put the ball past whichever "Giant" between the post and even if they do. The USA will poison you with a free kick or corner in injury time.

Only TT and Mex have scored against them for this HEX. Plenty teams can make them look ordinary but nobody does beat them........like they have garlic in they back pocket.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:45:17 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 01:45:06 PM »
That's right Touches. And they are very proud too and woluld not tolerate those Central Americans spoiling their reputation.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 02:03:42 PM »
   Yes Montrealian Max. Nothing is wrong I mean I myself support US women, especially the Latina ones who moved their to live and some of their nice easy tasty ones, and after all that I LOVE T&T football. I guess Zeppo is right indeed!! :O) Thus change that logo to a nice Tasty American Women one.  8)  ;D  ;)
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 02:05:09 PM »
Too man of us have this false sense of the Americans ability.  Man need to cool it and understand that Arena's team has never been the most skilfull of team but one that can play to his system.  Yes the Europeans guys are a little better but in Arena's team the sum is greater than the individual parts.  I agree with Touches we aint sure to beat this so called experimental team and a statement of that nature says volumes on the road to a World Cup berth.  Fellas need to go and look back at the US starting team in Hartford and note some of the absences from that starting eleven.  Many were of the opinion that we could have beaten that weakened team and what happen????

Guys we need to focus and realize that it is in our hands to realize this dream.  If we do what we have to do in these last three games we will go on to Germany.  It is that simple (or hard depending on how yuh look at it).

Stop blaming or looking at others as scapegoats for what we were not able to do for ourselves (beat the US on two occasions).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 04:13:01 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 04:10:45 PM »
we should be ashamed of some of these posts

The Bush/CIA conspiracy is ridicuous beyond belief. You just making Trinis look retarded.

Dissing Zeppo after he wished us well, because you upset about Arena's selection is weak.

And every squad that qualifies for the WC with games to spare is going to experiment. If we qualified early Latas, Yorke & Stern was definitely gettin a rest. And nobody will be complaining when Mexico send their C side to play us in TnT or if Panama test some young blood in October if they are completely out of it then.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2005, 04:20:24 PM »
Maybe Manning cozying up to Chavez too much.  You would be surprised to see how low ploitics will go but Bush and Rice want to take out Chavez.  Call me the conspiracy theory king but we will see if there could be some truth if the US revert back to their #1 team after the Guatemala game or if they continue to experiment.

Not even Plasticman could do dah much stretchin. :-\

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2005, 08:20:21 PM »
Yes Montrealian Max. Nothing is wrong I mean I myself support US women, especially the Latina ones who moved their to live and some of their nice easy tasty ones, and after all that I LOVE T&T football. I guess Zeppo is right indeed!! :O) Thus change that logo to a nice Tasty American Women one. 8) ;D ;)

this man is in a mess

we Trinis try not to direspect women on this forum...Trinidadian or foreign. Not even the 'nice easy tasty ones'. you must be joking

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »
I am suprised Alecko Eskandarian is not on the team

Eskandarian suffered from a loss of form and then an unfortunate series of serious concussions earlier this season and cannot even train without getting debilitating migraines. He is slowly getting better, but noone knows when he will be back to 100%. It is possible he might sit out the rest of the season.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 08:30:43 PM »
Kicker, yuh go compare Brazilian players with U.S. players?  Brazil could field 500 players, dey could still come with it during a campaign.  De U.S. with a weaker squad cyah compare.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2005, 08:41:29 PM »
Kicker, yuh go compare Brazilian players with U.S. players?  Brazil could field 500 players, dey could still come with it during a campaign.  De U.S. with a weaker squad cyah compare.

Geez.......How frustrating.........I'm not compaing Brazil to the U.S........It was just an example to Illustrate that a team has the freedom to pick which ever team they feel like in their qualifying campaign.....you missed the boat my friend..........

« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 08:46:50 PM by kicker »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2005, 09:23:44 PM »
I just heard some news that should sound good to you guys.

Carlos Ruiz is suspended for Guatemala against the USA.

Now this game just got REALLY difficult for them.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2005, 07:30:14 AM »
Gautemala luck change for the good real fast-lucky sob's tha whole team should go play lotto now.

A much weaker US team- but we can't control that just focus on winning all 3 games and let guatemala do what they have to do.
Good luck TT

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
America Squad to face Guatemala
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2005, 10:04:37 AM »
Keller not going so GK is a weakspot right they.

They defense also look suspect But Midfield and Forward still strong.

Guatemala does play real hard at home but I think they could get a cut arse.

They key thing is that most of these men playing for they world cup pick so expect them to put out a good show.

If America loss this game I done support them for a while.

If we did cut they ass on Ash Wednesday with Tiger Score that goal al now so we in a must better position!

ROSTER BY POSITION
Goalkeepers (2) – Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC), Matt Reis (New England Revolution)
Defenders (6) – Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Nick Garcia (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Dallas)
Midfielders (6) – Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution),  Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Santino Quaranta (D.C. United), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution)
Forwards (4) – Jeff Cunningham (Colorado Rapids), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (FC Dallas), Taylor Twellman
(New England Revolution)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 10:14:32 AM by Tallman »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2005, 10:52:55 AM »
So Guatemala will be without Ruiz AND their best central defender, Cabrera.

Things looking even better for you guys.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2005, 11:21:36 AM »
Wait nah...dat is an all MLS team save for that one keeper.

Hopefully they play like they did for the MLS All-Star game cuz that team looked like a unit.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US Fielding a B Team Tonight Against GUA
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2005, 07:30:17 AM »
but i think they could still do some damage against a ruiz-less GUA.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=234418&itype=113

USA roster v. Guatemala
Goalkeepers (2) – Marcus Hahnemann (Reading FC), Matt Reis (New England Revolution)
Defenders (6) – Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Nick Garcia (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Dallas)
Midfielders (6) – Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution),  Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Santino Quaranta (D.C. United), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution)
Forwards (4) – Jeff Cunningham (Colorado Rapids), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (FC Dallas), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: US Fielding a B Team Tonight Against GUA
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2005, 07:36:53 AM »
Guatemala in trouble dem men from the US will want to prove themselves. They coming out hungry and biting tack. Guatemala ass dark. Watch!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2005, 07:47:19 AM »
i surely hope so observer but class is class some players just better than others even if they have a point to prove

i would rather play US without donovan, beasley, reyna and keller any day. hop eddie jonson come back firing and blow them out.

the same time Guat know US weaker so may up their game knowing we on their heels.

we control we own destiny win all 3 and we should be in. so let we go

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2005, 07:54:15 AM »
i surely hope so observer but class is class some players just better than others even if they have a point to prove

i would rather play US without donovan, beasley, reyna and keller any day. hop eddie jonson come back firing and blow them out.

the same time Guat know US weaker so may up their game knowing we on their heels.

we control we own destiny win all 3 and we should be in. so let we go

Watch I know what yuh saying but check the squad good and just put the potential starting 11 on paper you will see a very good US squad. If I have one reservation is in goal. Other than that they have a solid 13.
Just look at that potential midfield Mastoreni, Dempsey, Convey, Armas, then Donovan and Johnson up front. Dat alone is a handful
PS Like yuh did miss Donovan on the squad.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2005, 09:46:57 AM »
i saw donovan but i doubt arena would play him give cunninham twellman etc a run.
I would if i was him and if i'm donovan i don't want to play.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2005, 06:58:44 PM »
A negative stat is that the US have not won in Guatemala (Atleast in recent history). Good thing is though there's no pressure for the team to win in a qualifying perspective, the younger players will be desperately looking to impress Arena for World Cup places.

Audio Preview from a US Assistant Coach -> http://ussf.podlot.com/onalfo_guapreview.MP3

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
guatemala all over U.S school boy team..
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2005, 08:50:36 PM »
0-0 so far but man TNT is in trouble because Guatemala look like dey could pull out a victory against a U.S 4th string team..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: guatemala all over U.S school boy team..
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2005, 08:51:19 PM »
Yup......Guatemala lookin' more likely to score..........not good

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2005, 09:01:03 PM »
america had the better chances even thought guatemala outplaying them. Us will win this game Donavan and johnson still to come on.

Offline doublesandsolo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2005, 09:01:13 PM »
what channel it on i in miami

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2005, 09:02:38 PM »
perception is a helluva thing.

The US in control, they will win.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Come on USA. If guatemala gets points WE DEAD
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2005, 09:18:17 PM »

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
U_S_A, we want ah goal