March 28, 2024, 02:59:16 PM

Author Topic: English Premier League 2008/09 Manager Casualty #1 - Curbishley  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
English Premier League 2008/09 Manager Casualty #1 - Curbishley
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »
he bust it

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-englandwestham&prov=reuters&type=lgns

LONDON, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Alan Curbishley said that a “breach of trust and confidence” led to his resignation as West Ham United manager on Wednesday after less than two years at Upton Park.

Curbishley, 50, who also played for West Ham in the 1970s, succeeded Alan Pardew as coach in December 2006, but explained in a statement released through the League Managers’ Association (LMA) that his position had become untenable.

“I have been incredibly proud to manage such a great club and my decision to resign has been very tough,” he said.

“The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad. It was made quite clear that I had the final say.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: English Premier League 2008/09 Manager Casualty #1 - Curbishley
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »
Coming since last season.  The Icelandic owners expect bigger things than what has been happening.  I think Curbishley is a good manager, although he has often been accused of overly shaping his team selection and strategy around the opposition, even when at home. 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
Bad news for Keon, then.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »
manager casualty #2 pending

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:04:02 PM »
Bad news for Keon, then.

yea i wonder if theat affect Keon

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »
manager casualty #2 pending

King Kev is gone #2.............

who else changing managers soon ?
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 12:30:57 PM »
When the going gets tough, Keegan gets gone ;D

To be fair to him on this one, he has bit his lip a couple of times, but had little choice this time. 

Don't think the owner will be drinking pints with teh fans ever again.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 02:12:54 PM »

From the time he talk bout giving Joey Barton a 'second chance' , ignoring the previous 6 or 7 chances he was given, I write keegan off
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
Bad news for Keon, then.

yea i wonder if theat affect Keon
Did he even know who Keon was?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 02:30:56 PM »

From the time he talk bout giving Joey Barton a 'second chance' , ignoring the previous 6 or 7 chances he was given, I write keegan off

I doh understand what d issue wid Newcastle giving Barton a second chance is. It wasn't Keegan dat gave d man a 2nd chance, it was the club. All the crimes were committed while he was a Man City player...Newcastle knew what they were getting into when they signed him. He hasn't done anything wrong since signing for them. So why the fuss? People shoulda made a scene back when dey signed him, not now. I mean, it was kinda obvious, even den, dat he was guilty of ruffin up Dabo.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »

I doh understand what d issue wid Newcastle giving Barton a second chance is. It wasn't Keegan dat gave d man a 2nd chance, it was the club. All the crimes were committed while he was a Man City player...Newcastle knew what they were getting into when they signed him. He hasn't done anything wrong since signing for them. So why the fuss? People shoulda made a scene back when dey signed him, not now. I mean, it was kinda obvious, even den, dat he was guilty of ruffin up Dabo.

Nah, u wrong on both points, the club and Keegan get away over Barton, the club wanted to sell him after the conviction for assault on the 16 year old, which happened when he was a Newcastle player.

Keegan bring on Barton for 2 minutes at the end of the Arsenal game when licks was confirmed and vex when men decide to 'welcome him back' to the premiership.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:09:37 PM by FLi ! »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 10:36:24 PM »

Nah, u wrong on both points, the club and Keegan get away over Barton, the club wanted to sell him after the conviction for assault on the 16 year old, which happened when he was a Newcastle player.

Keegan bring on Barton for 2 minutes at the end of the Arsenal game when licks was confirmed and vex when men decide to 'welcome him back' to the premiership.

oho...didnt realise he was still misbehaving as a newcastle player...  :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »

i watch the game and it was barton with he wild self that decide to welcome himself back to the premiership with a wild man skating tackle on nasri two seconds after coming on.. then smiling after..

i find he should be nowhere near the game.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 11:55:18 PM »
omarldinho

He is up at the FA for the Dabo incident today, they couldn't do anything until the trial had finished, but since it happened on a pitch albeit a training pitch it comes under their jurisdiction.  Expecting a 10 - 15 match ban for it. 

It is only a matter of when not if Barton gets himself in more bother either on or off the pitch, its a fair bet he won't se out his suspended sentence duration without another incident. 

What got me a club tried to buy him in the transfer window, believed to be Everton.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 01:30:40 AM »

I find Gallas shoulda cut Keegan ass in that tunnel.

Imagine the first game Keegan shove Barton into  after assaulting Dabo  -French African- is against Arsenal, the team with arguably the most French Africans....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 01:43:10 AM »

Imagine the first game Keegan shove Barton into  after assaulting Dabo  -French African- is against Arsenal, the team with arguably the most French Africans....

OK, Im being pedantic, but Gallas is Guadeloupean  :D Dat was a job for Toure.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:47:46 AM by Ryan »

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 02:03:58 AM »

OK, Im being pedantic, but Gallas is Guadeloupean  :D Dat was a job for Toure.

Yea yea and Henry is from Martnique.... ::)

1]; } ?>