March 29, 2024, 09:00:17 AM

Author Topic: outsiders in the pro league  (Read 2240 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
outsiders in the pro league
« on: September 04, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »
Jablo - 1

Connection- 11

Rangers- 6

Cali- 6    four of which in guyanese

Petro- 1

J Public- 9  four jamaicans

N. East- 4

Def force-0

Bago-11 eight of which in guyanese

Ma Pau- flex have 3 but up to press time this figure is being disputed

this is just to prove that allyuh dont know as much as allyuh proclaim. calling cali guyanese united in just pure assness, ignorance and hating on the morvant side. where the stats to prove that. this kakahole reporter say trinidad play cali last night just torking out ah he anus as usual that's why ah touches report more accurate than what these asses. i waiting to hear what allyuh haters go say now that allyuh see who really  have more aliens than we...........................................
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: outsiders in the pro league
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:07 AM »
Morvant was there more guyanese players on the Cali roster at the beginning of the season?...and just to point out to everyone Currently there is no team in the PFL that even has half their squad with foreign players....PFL squads have at least 23 players in their unit...WConnection comes close with 11 foreign players

keep in mind one of the goals of the PFL is to develop the youth players of T&T...although some PFL clubs do not have a good youth system in place
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:55:12 AM by Sando prince »

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »
boy them guyanese invading trin all over dey is but any way nice to see how the proleague attraccking foriegn intrest soon it will be one of concacaf best
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:28:40 AM »
boy them guyanese invading trin all over dey is but any way nice to see how the proleague attraccking foriegn intrest soon it will be one of concacaf best

Longterm lets hope we doh end up like England with a great professional league but a $h!%ty national squad!
Once the current balance is kept of having 50% or more of local players in each proleague squad then hopefully the standard of our national team will be reflected by the satndard of our top football league unlike with England!

Maybe in the future rather than playing teams like Guyana in training matches before crucial World Cup qualifiers we can play one of our top pro-league teams instead! It will be better and just as cheap if not cheaper & we may uncover a few more pearls to add to the national squad!  :chilling:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:32:39 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:59:56 AM »
Why allyuh think it have so many foreigners in the PFL ?
To make up numbers ?  Yuh really have to question the local talent and/or the clubs' objectives, whether is to win trophies only or also to develop local talent.  Ask any of them and they would say is both.

John Williams publicly said that when WC decided to go pro, there were not many good local players around, after they were all taken up by the other clubs, so they had no choice but to go to Brazil for players.  Funny that after 5 years there are still so many foreigners on their roster, even though their youth teams has been performing well.

Ron LaForest said his vision for Ma Pau's first time in the PFL, was to hold their own with the big guns and give a decent showing.  Connell was his only big name player.  He now admit that he can't make it with the local players and had to go shopping in Brazil as well.  I think is more than 3 players they said they brought in.

Is only Jabloteh for a long time has made a conscientious decision to go strictly local...and they have proven that with the right structure you could get results.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »
Pro- we national team is already shit so I dont think it could get worse  :rotfl:

Half of them Guyanese cannot be considered foreign, most of them living in TnT donkey years now.

if they better than the Trini youths let them play.

If you let a man come from quite Guyana and put you on the bench then how we could use this same man to go and beat guyana as a national team.

We players need to hold they own in this league

no need for special rules.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:56:45 AM »
De way how Joe Public ramffle New England...ah wonderin..

Allyuh tink Tobago United coulda salt New England?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »
Angostura 1976 or House of Dread coulda salt NE.

Fact is the PL is benefitting  from the influx of good foreigners who have been overlooked elsewhere and all the locals with international experience from playing foreign teams when Wim was ketching his royal backside to slap together a team  for CFU and Gold Cup.

The problem was never not having the ability to beat MLS teams. Jabloteh drop 5 goals on Chicago Fire a few years ago. But they get licks on the return match. Consistency was lacking. With the World cup appearences and the chance to showcase themselves on the international stage the member clubs are a lot more professinal now and they passing it down to their players. Look how tight the PL standings are right now. When was the last time that happen? Even Tobago U sharing cutarse.

The foreigners in the league not making it easier for the locals. They not supposed to. But they are making the league better. At this stage local clubs can only do so much to develop T&T youth players. Even the bigger teams like Connection can't afford to send their youth teams to play games in foreign lands. The best they can do right now is do is put their money where their mouth is and play locals from young on their first teams and reserve teams. Or let them play in super league.

And the sad part is Jab is the best team in the country. They using all local  talent including four 17 year olds from the WC and they cyah make a note on the national team excpet for Cyd because of politics
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:33:59 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
i think the TTProleague should have a drafting system out of the SSFL to encourage the youths to choose football as a career.  That will be a big thing.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »
i think the TTProleague should have a drafting system out of the SSFL to encourage the youths to choose football as a career. That will be a big thing.

That was one of my suggestions about three years ago.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »

This is the only Guyanese i will accept in Trinidad - Richardson - if he continues scoring goals  and representing T&T only.   

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »
Allyuh fellas rel jokey yes.. a man could be living in a country for most of life and his nationality could remain where he was born..(Yorke is an example)...so if guyanese living in trinidad donkey years does not mean they are not guyanese...and quick to draft a good foreign player to our T&T team....how does that help his country?...if one of our players decide to represent a foreign country we will say he is a traitor..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:44:14 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 07:00:23 PM »
 We love the EPL. The EPL full of foreigners. The PFL  is mostly Caricom citizens. All yuh don't find that good?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
i think the TTProleague should have a drafting system out of the SSFL to encourage the youths to choose football as a career.  That will be a big thing.

I agree  :beermug:...this process should have been in place years now..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »
Some how i don't like the use of the term outsiders,the way the world is today nobody is an outsider,if our players were treated like outsiders do we think they would be accepted in the leagues they play in?the only reason these guys are playing in our leagues is because they have proven themselves,Jabloteh/W Connection creams all the best locals because they have the money,so what we expect let one team dominate the league every year?the best clubs/leagues in the world are dominated by outsiders,yes it does not help a country develop it's local players because Football is business,these clubs are all about money,any player they developing is to reap the benefits down the road but the outsiders is where the money is made,who can buy the best wins it's a trend.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 11:38:47 PM »
this topic is a clear sign of growth in our domestic leaague i think that clubs bring in foreigners to give thier team a boost to help win tittles...a clear sign of strong competivness.... as for the fact that job or positions are taken away from locals simply mean that our grass root system needs more work and that youths must realise just how hard they must work to get into a pro club
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
pro league expansion
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:13 PM »
this is steming from a topic posted by Morvant

outsiders in the pro league
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jablo - 1

Connection- 11

Rangers- 6

Cali- 6    four of which in guyanese

Petro- 1

J Public- 9  four jamaicans

N. East- 4

Def force-0

Bago-11 eight of which in guyanese

Ma Pau- flex have 3 but up to press time this figure is being disputed

this is just to prove that allyuh dont know as much as allyuh proclaim. calling cali guyanese united in just pure assness, ignorance and hating on the morvant side. where the stats to prove that. this kakahole reporter say trinidad play cali last night just torking out ah he anus as usual that's why ah touches report more accurate than what these asses. i waiting to hear what allyuh haters go say now that allyuh see who really  have more aliens than we...........................................

with all these foriegn player take in spots on teams away from our local its clear development as our closest rivals is the jamaican premier league there are no trinis there but alot of jams here do you think an expansoin is needed to open more spots and help develop the league more or will it take away from the level of football

if you are for the expansion please state the no. of team that should enter

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: pro league expansion
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 12:11:11 AM »
i think they should add two more teams, make the bottom two finishers instantly relegated and 9th place team play a third place team from super leage in a home and away relegation/promotion play off

i do not think that teams from the super league is that far of to drop the level of football because with the eception off the utt team teams like wasa, pheonex and caranage arent far off skill wise but i think present pro league teams will have the finicail advantage

1]; } ?>