April 19, 2024, 01:10:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v United States game (09-June-2007).  (Read 71260 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v United States game.
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »

:rotfl: wateva man...lay off the steroids, delusional drugs & testosterone supplements brother.......very comical though...cheers to that  :beermug:
Your ass must be awfully lonely minus your head...I trying to be civil and let it go but yet you persist.  No scenes if you insist on being a glutton for punishment I have some time on my hands...

calm down...I not on you

You are the one who called me dumbass etc.....not very civil in my books.

glutton for punishment ?  :rotfl:  Is this how your punish your adversaries..but posting petty insults on a message board.....pff...yeah I feel so punished  :-\  ???

Fellas real jokey out here dread.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2007, 10:26:28 AM »
Bake n Shark talkin shit for a while now.
Ppl who are unable to use logic resort to petty namecalling and insults.
I hope he is a youth who doesn't know better.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »

:rotfl: wateva man...lay off the steroids, delusional drugs & testosterone supplements brother.......very comical though...cheers to that  :beermug:
Your ass must be awfully lonely minus your head...I trying to be civil and let it go but yet you persist.  No scenes if you insist on being a glutton for punishment I have some time on my hands...

calm down...I not on you

glutton for punishment ?  :rotfl:  Is this how your punish your adversaries..but posting petty insults on a message board.....pff...yeah I feel so punished  :-\  ???

Fella...go back and read yuh own posts and see from where the discussion devolved, to wit your "joker" and "ignorant" comments.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »
...and what the fack is it to you either way homie?  Really.

If you feel so pressed to run in co-signing from the sidelines feel free to put your "logic" into the mix and let's all see what an intellect you are.  Or maybe you just feel more at home commenting from the peanut gallery?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2007, 10:38:28 AM »

calm down...I not on you

Fella...go back and read yuh own posts and see from where the discussion devolved, to wit your "joker" and "ignorant" comments.

ignorant was not meant as an insult..... a criticism ? yes..insult ? no- I meant the literal meaning of the word.....your post made you appear to be somewhat ignorant to the game of football- I take it back if I was mistakened. I'm way over it...

I still stand by the notion that you are a joker (take that to mean whatever you wish)....but it's not a bad thing because the board needs all types. You are the same one who was bumping your gum about people being overly sensitive and people getting their panties in a bundle, and now your thong is all moist when called a silly name....

Anyways, this board is kix....no offense meant, and certain none taken....any picong should be taken for what it's worth....nada.....and if we happen to cross paths at a WN event or otherwise in the real world, iz still beers on me (at least the first round)........ :beermug:

-out

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »
Responding to both Filho and Kicker

Rather than continue the back and forth, I'll leave it at this.  I took issue with the notion that American players in general are technically superior to the players coming out of TnT.  I agreed that with respect to Saturday's game, that THAT American team was technically (in every permutation of the word) superior to the TnT squad they competed against.  There is and never was any contradiction.  I dissented on the general application, assented on the specific.

This ent about winning argument or trading insult, if that were the case then neither of you would likely stand a chance.  That's not arrogance talking that's just fact...and anybody who know me would confirm that for you.  If you still fail to understand my point then no scenes...

hehe..funny. whatever. now you agree they were technicaly superior to the TnT squad. And that is all I said from the beginning. My post was very simple. The US was technically superior. Exact words I used. So why did you disagree and go on and on if you agree to that simple point. Thanks for finally admitting, in your own indirect way that you were wrong. No need to let your pride get the better of you. Why did you go on trying to contradict my post, only to find yourself here? heheh

As for the rest of your post..it is kinda pathetic in a funny way. How would anyone who knows you confirm your intellectual 'gifts' relative to mine or kicker's or anyone elses when they don't know us. You follow..It's simple logic. You can't compare two things, when you only know one. At least you used the word 'likely'..then used the word 'fact'. Hmmm. Methinks you need some help with your debating skills. Unless you are so delusional to think you are more intelligent than anyone on the board  ;D And since you started a long senseless diatribe in response to my simple statement that the US team is technically superior..only to come back and say yes...they are technically superior (after contradicting yourself regarding the meaning of technical superiority....and then failing in an attempt to pretend your were differentiating between being technically skill and technically sound), you have no basis for your arrogance cuz yuh really wet your knickers this rounds. You cannot even revisit what you wrote and admit..yeah..I talk shit..one moment I said this..the other I said the complete opposite. It's there for all to see. So handle yourself brainiac..it was fun. I'm sure all who know you are severely disappointed that their resident Einstein didn't look too sharp...

Thanks for playing..don't have any parting gifts..except the lil knowledge I donate to you for free  :beermug:

Oh yeah...Second round on me...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:42:40 AM by Filho »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »
ignorant was not meant as an insult..... a criticism ? yes..insult ? no- I meant the literal meaning of the word.....your post made you appear to be somewhat ignorant to the game of football- I take it back if I was mistakened. I'm way over it...

By your convoluted logic maybe...

I still stand by the notion that you are a joker (take that to mean whatever you wish)....but it's not a bad thing because the board needs all types. You are the same one who was bumping your gum about people being overly sensitive and people getting their panties in a bundle, and now your thong is all moist when called a silly name....

Not even...I give as good as I take.

Anyways, this board is kix....no offense meant, and certain none taken....any picong should be taken for what it's worth....nada.....and if we happen to cross paths at a WN event or otherwise in the real world, iz still beers on me (at least the first round)........ :beermug:

-out

No scenes...I go give yuh ah pound same way

...right after ah remove de big stone from de back ah yuh head of course, lol

:beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2007, 11:11:50 AM »
Sweet...facking...Mary!

Is where dey duz find allyuh dred??

hehe..funny. whatever. now you agree they were technicaly superior to the TnT squad. And that is all I said from the beginning. My post was very simple. The US was technically superior. Exact words I used. So why did you disagree and go on and on if you agree to that simple point.

Dudette...I never took issue with anything you said.  Go back and read...it's really that simple.  I disagreed with Trini's statements.  You then took it upon yuhself to come say yuh 'educating' me on the meaning of Technical superiority...which is both presumptuous at worst, schupid at best.  My position has been consistent from my initial post to Trini...had you taken the time to properly read it you will see there is no difference between what I stated then, to my current position.  This is why most ah de times I duz just read this board and shake my head.  Man quick tuh rush een and prove deyself brighter dan next man and ent even understanding what de fack it is being argued.  Reading truly is fundamental.

Thanks for finally admitting, in your own indirect way that you were wrong. No need to let your pride get the better of you. Why did you go on trying to contradict my post, only to find yourself here? heheh

Again...the only contradiction is in your head.  I made it clear from the initial post that I was speaking about the technical abilities of Trini players being on par with US players.  AT NO POINT was I arguing that there wasn't a disparity between the two team that played on Saturday.  Let me reiterate for clarity, since in your persistent desire to score cyber points, you deliberately and persistently try and conflate my position...

THE STARTING 11 THAT THE US PLAYED WAS TECHNICALLY MORE SOUND THAT THE STARTING 11 THAT TNT PLAYED.  Hopefully that part is clear. MY POSITION HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE THAT ON THE WHOLE THE PLAYERS COMING OUT OF TNT HAVE THE SAME TECHNICAL ABILITIES AS AMERICAN PLAYERS.

Hope that's clear enough for you.  I hate typing in caps, but times like this it becomes necessary for the blind and intellectually-challenged.

As for the rest of your post..it is kinda pathetic in a funny way. How would anyone who knows you confirm your intellectual 'gifts' relative to mine or kicker's or anyone elses when they don't know us. You follow..It's simple logic. You can't compare two things, when you only know one. At least you used the word 'likely'..then used the word 'fact'. Hmmm. Methinks you need some help with your debating skills. Unless you are so delusional to think you are more intelligent than anyone on the board  ;D And since you started a long senseless diatribe in response to my simple statement that the US team is technically superior..only to come back and say yes...they are technically superior (after contradicting yourself regarding the meaning of technical superiority....and then failing in an attempt to pretend your were differentiating between being technically skill and technically sound), you have no basis for your arrogance cuz yuh really wet your knickers this rounds. You cannot even revisit what you wrote and admit..yeah..I talk shit..one moment I said this..the other I said the complete opposite. It's there for all to see. So handle yourself brainiac..it was fun. I'm sure all who know you are severely disappointed that their resident Einstein didn't look too sharp...

First off...the comment about debate and argument was said tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.  That you didn't get my sarcasm is understandable...inbred that you are.

Secondly, at no point did I say that the US are "technically superior".  I have been very specific in saying that they are technically sound.  The difference as I explained it is that there application of the fundamentals under pressure makes them sound.  You don't have to agree with my definition of technically sound, but don't act like the definition wasn't given, then try to misconstrue my position.  To say someone is technically superior, implies not just the ability to fall back on training under pressure...but that one is naturally BETTER in skill set.

I will be hard-pressed to EVER say that the US players are better in their overall mastery of football skills relative to the TnT players...as implicit in the term "technically superior".  It is for this very reason I took great pains to provide a definition of what I was talking about.  That you choose to dismiss it as me trying "to pretend your were differentiating between being technically skill and technically sound" is a product of your own failure to comprehend, as there was no equivocating on my part.  My argument, and indeed my words have been consistent throughout.

Thanks for playing..don't have any parting gifts..except the lil knowledge I donate to you for free  :beermug:

Oh yeah...Second round on me...

You could save that "knowledge" fuh yuhself pardna...or better yet, return it to the deep recesses of your ass, from whence you clearly derived said knowledge.

...make it ah Shandy btw
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:13:36 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »
This board does real hurt productivity yes.
Kix
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
Bake..I'll def buy a shandy, or two or three. You def sound like an intelligent fella and yuh are rel kix, but yuh ego get the better of yuh htis rounds and this gone on too long. I'll summarize it for you.

I never tried to sound smarter than you..That's your ego speaking. You didn't sound like were making much sense so I expained what I meant by technically superior..to borrow your terms it is having better technical skills and being more technically sound in conjunction..not just the former. And I was only ever talking about the two teams that played on Saturday..I assumed that's all anyone was ever talking about.

You just wrote this: I agreed that with respect to Saturday's game, that THAT American team was technically (in every permutation of the word) superior to the TnT squad they competed against.

Then you write this: Secondly, at no point did I say that the US are "technically superior".

??? ??? ??? errrrr

This is also what you wrote:
I explained why THIS US team is more technically sound than the TnT Gold Cup squad.....
.....My argument being that the TnT squad is equally adept at these skills, but are less technically sound...
[/b]

Right after you said this:
To bring it full circle...it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...relative to the young and inexperienced Soca Warriors.[/i]

huh..not more technically sound? errr
and this:
Are the Americans as a team, more technically sound than the TnT players?  Unlikely.

C'mon man. You still want to argue that you have been consistent all along  ;D :devil: :devil: too funny
And learn to take sarcasm yourself. A lot of what I say is just tongue in cheek too. You sure you really could take as good as yuh give?

Heheheh..peace bredda.

marcos..yuh right..this board does kill a man productivity and is real kix
mankind post clear for all to see and he swear he didn't say it ::) Last time I show contradictions in what he wrote he conveniently ignored it. Lewwe see him duck this one too

I good wit' dat

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:05:54 PM by Filho »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
Well yes...Bake n Shark have ah writing style like ah poster named SUB or SUB1.  Total kix yes. If is not de same person this board will be very lively with two ah allyuh.

(Yes Bake n Shark it's a sideways insert without much substance. I know, I know.)
Two islands are better than one.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »

in short- joker...

Still in high school mode where to disagree yuh hadda shit up a man.....and then kill 'im dead he's the most civil intellectual...oh well....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2007, 12:43:30 PM »
Bake..I'll def buy a shandy, or two or three. You def sound like an intelligent fella and yuh are rel kix, but yuh ego get the better of yuh htis rounds and this gone on too long. I'll summarize it for you.

I never tried to sound smarter than you..That's your ego speaking. You didn't sound like were making much sense so I expained what I meant by technically superior..to borrow your terms it is having better technical skills and being more technically sound in conjunction..not just the former. And I was only ever talking about the two teams that played on Saturday..I assumed that's all anyone was ever talking about.

How is that my 'ego' talking?  Because you say so?? lol  Why would you feel the need to explain something that was never in question?  At no point did I question anything that you said, did I?  From jump I was clarifying your own understanding of my position.  You say that the americans are superior in both techincal skills, and the application of fundamentals under fire (my definition of being technically sound).  That is where we disagree.  There...my first actual disagreement with your position.

You just wrote this: I agreed that with respect to Saturday's game, that THAT American team was technically (in every permutation of the word) superior to the TnT squad they competed against.

Then you write this: Secondly, at no point did I say that the US are "technically superior".

??? ??? ??? errrrr

Sweet jeebus...

There are two statements here, the first relates to Gordon Bradleys American squad that played on 6/9/2007.  The second statement refers to the American squads that competed up until that date.  In sum, the American Mens Football team on the whole...the American football program, if you will.

For example...W Connection recently defeated Chivas in TnT.  On THAT given night (for argument's sake) that W Connection team was more technically sound than Chivas.  That is different from saying that W Connection in general (not just on that night) is technically superior to Chivas.  I refuse to say that about the Americans vis-a-vis their technical superiority to all Trini Men's National Team squads.  

This is also what you wrote:
I explained why THIS US team is more technically sound than the TnT Gold Cup squad.....
.....My argument being that the TnT squad is equally adept at these skills, but are less technically sound...
[/b]

Right.  That specific TnT squad that played on 6/9 was less technically sound, not technically inferior, but less technically sound.  And those comments about "less technically sound" apply ONLY to that team...not previous teams with Latas et al.

Right after you said this:
To bring it full circle...it's not that the US players are necessarily more skilled, or technically sound, it's that they have the requisite experience and composure to execute once placed on the field...relative to the young and inexperienced Soca Warriors.[/i]

huh..not more technically sound? errr

It is not NECESSARILY (the case) that the US is more technically sound...but relative to THAT team of young inexperience Soca Warriors....they are.

and this:
Are the Americans as a team, more technically sound than the TnT players?  Unlikely.

C'mon man. You still want to argue that you have been consistent all along  ;D :devil: :devil: too funny
And learn to take sarcasm yourself. A lot of what I say is just tongue in cheek too. You sure you really could take as good as yuh give?

Heheheh..peace bredda.

marcos..yuh right..this board does kill a man productivity and is real kix
mankind post clear for all to see and he swear he didn't say it ::) Last time I show contradictions in what he wrote he conveniently ignored it. Lewwe see him duck this one too

I good wit' dat

I'm sure yuh going tuh come back with more shit about my ego this and I ducking that...If you still fail to grasp my point now then yuh'll never get it.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »

in short- joker...

Still in high school mode where to disagree yuh hadda shit up a man.....and then kill 'im dead he's the most civil intellectual...oh well....

Lol...

In one hand dis man extending olive branch...in de next he hiding stilletto.  Allyuh men good oui boy.  Anyways *puts on lawyer cap* let the record reflect that for the most part I was civil until all pretenses of civility was dropped.  If yuh walk like ah dumbass, and talk like ah dumbass and Bakes call yuh ah dumbass...dai'z just Bakes calling yuh ah dumbass.  Bakes woulda call yuh ah dumbass when he was in HS...and Bakes will still call yuh ah dumbass when he done wid he lawyerin'.

Then drink yuh Shandy same way.

...and Socafan, I've never posted under any other name on this board, in case there remains any doubt  :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:49:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »

I'm sure yuh going tuh come back with more shit about my ego this and I ducking that...If you still fail to grasp my point now then yuh'll never get it.

I would..except I doh know which point to agree on  ;D..are the US more technically sound or not..you said one then the other  :devil:
Then you agreed they were technically superior..then said you never once said that..jesus man. yuh making this too easy

oh yeah..and nice duck. still cyah deal with the fact that yuh contradicting yuhself. daiz yuh ego. whoops..am I that predictable? nice nice..yuh call it. why you doh just dissect my previous post and explain how consistent you've been all along? oh yeah..you can't.

let it go nah? yuh keep calling me back and yuh eh saying nutten.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »
       If you all notice when ever i'm talking i talk Football,i'm not a politician so i don't get into the politics of TTFF etc etc i've had enough, some people on here just like our Footballers they need experience and exposure at the higher level in the game.
        Why is it every time we try to talk about Football people have to bring up what JW do,players get blacklisted,players eh get paid and so on and so fourths,we taking Football Breds,i talking about how our players playing,the effort these guys are making,some people on here can't take criticism but always criticizing somebody,some have nothing positive to say about our Football,i don't care what nobody says it must have something positive to say about these guys,some people said they was getting five,every post that come up about T&T Football guys just repeating the same thing over and over,is time everybody on here know what's going on.
I'm so tired of the talk talk talk and no action,i told you all our guys are being set up,they fighting with the wrong person,everybody want to sit down behind a Computer and say what these guys should do,it's not your Bread on the line so it's very easy to say what they should do,three quarters of them struggling to make a descent living but they saying they on strike,you all can't understand they can't win.
Coop's thanks for your post as I am one of those who make comments about the way players have been treated, so my enquiry is how do you suggest that I should be directing my online energy in a more positive way?
I have not played professional ball in TnT so I do not in any way have any idea how this is affecting any player.
Your suggestions of how I could be a more constructive poster concerning ANY player who is chosen to represent TnT on the pitch, would be most helpful to me.
You have had many years of experience and your help in this matter would do me and as a result others a great service.
Thanks in advance.
       West Coast i really do appreciate your response,i want you all to know how much i look forward to hearing from you guys after games because i can't attend becuase of my busy ternary out here,it's the only way i can keep abreast of players and what's going on with our Football.
         Is just that i find as a past player i know how much it used to hurt when you go out there and put your heart out for your country,the same people you play for are the ones that turn around and kick you when things don't go right.I love criticism but it must be constructive because if players/Coaches don't know or hear what they are doing wrong they can't correct it,but the persistant bashing of our Football/Footballers is not doing us any good,don't matter what even if we win/play well people does still find something negative to say(we play a soft side etc).
          My job is teaching this game and i can tell you,there is always something a team does that you can criticize but if you just keep mentioning the faults and not what players are doing well nobody will want to play for you,when i played we did not have the best T&T team but the crowds were still huge,our country loves Football but it's hard to play under the conditions a player has to play under today,the demands are greater.When i came to the US you know what i realize and this is why their Football gone past us,they appreciate their players more than we do,we have to learn to turn pages rate our players as though they are the best in the world,lift them up and stop putting them down,if you are not used to playing at that level it's nerve wrecking and every team you play it's different.
          Any how i can talk about this all day but all i'm saying is give the guys a chance don't be too hard on them.  

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2007, 09:14:48 PM »

I would..except I doh know which point to agree on  ;D..are the US more technically sound or not..you said one then the other  :devil:
Then you agreed they were technically superior..then said you never once said that..jesus man. yuh making this too easy

oh yeah..and nice duck. still cyah deal with the fact that yuh contradicting yuhself. daiz yuh ego. whoops..am I that predictable? nice nice..yuh call it. why you doh just dissect my previous post and explain how consistent you've been all along? oh yeah..you can't.

You could laff and galavant like ah jammette fuh yuh li'l gyurlfriends here all yuh want palos...winning or losing argument on the internet neither makes nor breaks me.  If you want to insist that you are right and I'm wrong then feel free, makes me no never mind.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2007, 06:52:06 AM »
Despite shutout of T&T, U.S. leaves room for improvement

For the second CONCACAF Gold Cup match in a row, the United States men managed a positive result, defeating Trinidad & Tobago 2-0 this afternoon at The Home Depot Center. However, the game was against what was in essence a semi-professional team and, in a match the Americans dominated from the start, they should have won by much more.

Still, the U.S. clinched advancement to the tournament quarterfinals with Tuesday's final Group B match against El Salvador in Foxborough, Mass., remaining. The U.S. sits atop the group as the only team at 2-0 and needs a draw to clinch first place, though the Americans could even win the group with a loss. "We need a point on Tuesday to win the group and now we have to get that job done." U.S. coach Bob Bradley said.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

truetrini

« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2007, 07:32:45 AM »
To say that players have technical skills, means that they are technically sound..no difference.  Semantics at best!

Secondly, if one implies that players are technically skilled, then one has to see those skills in application...i.e during play.

USA players are technically better than T&T players...Talk done!   Has always been the case, except for a few T&T players.  But generally, USA is way ahead.

some may argue that fitness plays a great part in this,  dat if yuh tired yuh cyar execute well...but overall, the USA has always been able to do those little things that make a great difference.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2007, 11:49:33 AM »

You could laff and galavant like ah jammette fuh yuh li'l gyurlfriends here all yuh want palos...winning or losing argument on the internet neither makes nor breaks me.  If you want to insist that you are right and I'm wrong then feel free, makes me no never mind.

Palos?  ;D Nah..it not like dat. Truthfully..the level of squabbling and name calling on a thread like this kinda stale. You make your points, I make mine. It shouldn't really have nutten to do with who win argument and all that. Healthy exchange of ideas is what it is about. You obviously an intelligent fella with a good sense of humor. You had me really cracking up at times and you had me thinking too. Not just this post but the whole contact sports thread too. Your points are well taken, even if I disagree. Last I check, we all here for the same reasons so big up yourself. Is a shandy yuh say?  :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:05:15 PM by Filho »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v United States game (09-June-2007).
« Reply #350 on: September 08, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
That was then  this is now. What have we learned in our approach to the USA? Are we better prepared to face the USA?

1]; } ?>