March 28, 2024, 09:49:43 AM

Author Topic: what bout ah press pass fuh touches?  (Read 5204 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
what bout ah press pass fuh touches?
« on: September 05, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »
since we not helping the man pay fuh he ticket and does demand report. what bout ah press pass so at least when he go ah intercol or ah small time trini match he could get in free. triniscene and all them other stupid websites does get it so why not we?

what we go have to do to get it?

still want us to organise streaming of live games tho?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what bout ah press pass fuh touches?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »
In foreign we does get press pass so I sure they could organize for local based.

Touches jess call and set it up you go get in all games free.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:10:41 PM »
since we not helping the man pay fuh he ticket and does demand report. what bout ah press pass so at least when he go ah intercol or ah small time trini match he could get in free. triniscene and all them other stupid websites does get it so why not we?

Morvant that eh no problem to get if we deal right with JW/TTFF,we should never have the problems we having to get anything,remember we are diehard supporters of the national team,if you all don't know what we have to do to get press passes etc talk to Lasana he might have some ideas. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
I asked the question a couple of months ago why the WN, being the official supporters body of TT football, is not entitled to more benefits like this such as press passes for appointed media officers, ticket discounts and other incentives that would help retain and bolster the core support..

the response was something along the lines of "yuh forget who we dealing with".

isn't there some way to draft a proposal to the TTFF and approach them for stuff like this, or has that been done already?

Can someone give us a rundown of what interactions the WN had with the TTFF and what was the response/outcome?

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
I asked the question a couple of months ago why the WN, being the official supporters body of TT football, is not entitled to more benefits like this such as press passes for appointed media officers, ticket discounts and other incentives that would help retain and bolster the core support..

isn't there some way to draft a proposal to the TTFF and approach them for stuff like this, or has that been done already?

Can someone give us a rundown of what interactions the WN had with the TTFF and what was the response/outcome?

I don't think we're recognised as the official supporters group by the TTFF, but we're the official unofficial supporters group
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 03:22:41 PM »

Morvant that eh no problem to get if we deal right with JW/TTFF,we should never have the problems we having to get anything,remember we are diehard supporters of the national team,if you all don't know what we have to do to get press passes etc talk to Lasana he might have some ideas. 

i was thinking about lasana too but i remember he and jack get away recently. remember lie-bird lol
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »

Breds it simple,we are supporters of the national team but not sopporters of the TTFF,just remember they are the ones control Football.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »

Breds it simple,we are supporters of the national team but not sopporters of the TTFF,just remember they are the ones control Football.

But that is the case the world over, yet there are incentives to the core fan base..

you cant tell me the team have an away game and the TTFF can't organize some discounted tickets and packages for travelling fans.. Or that they can't issue press passes for the WN to be able to report on the games and thus increase interest.. At the end of the day football is a business and is funded by the paying public, so whatever to retain that source should be considered.

i just asking if there is any ongoing dialogue about this... there's always a way to present your case and stance to get a positive response.

like meh grandmother used to always say, "if yuh doh ask, yuh doh get".

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »

But that is the case the world over, yet there are incentives to the core fan base..

you cant tell me the team have an away game and the TTFF can't organize some discounted tickets and packages for travelling fans.. Or that they can't issue press passes for the WN to be able to report on the games and thus increase interest.. At the end of the day football is a business and is funded by the paying public, so whatever to retain that source should be considered.

i just asking if there is any ongoing dialogue about this... there's always a way to present your case and stance to get a positive response.

Omar,

There has been ongoing dialogue with the TTFF concerning the WN.
We have requested things like the aforementioned press passes, but to date I believe we have only received for 2 games in T&T earlier this year.

Press passes in the past for foreign games have been attained through our status as a media house.

For further information you can check the Meeting Minutes on the WN website.

Feliz
WN Secretary
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »

Omar,

There has been ongoing dialogue with the TTFF concerning the WN.
We have requested things like the aforementioned press passes, but to date I believe we have only received for 2 games in T&T earlier this year.

Press passes in the past for foreign games have been attained through our status as a media house.

For further information you can check the Meeting Minutes on the WN website.

Feliz
WN Secretary

thanks.  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »

We have had formal communication with the TTFF Executive via e-mail, phone, and in-person meetings. We have made proposals to them, but consistent tangible results are yet to be seen. They have acknowledged us, and like what we are attempting to do, but for one reason or another, it has been slow going.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »
TTFF recognize d WN y nuff peeps here eh recognize it by joinin so y should d TTFF strength in numbers would b nice
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »
The problem is not getting the press pass...it is finding someone who willing to do the media duties....interviews, reports, photos (opt), live updates, live commentary etc

It hard for a fan to give up sitting with your people enjoying the game to do all that stuff in a designated area.

Generally we have less problems finding people who want to do all that stuff for the away games compared to the home games probably cuz it not as often but what Touches and others contribute of their own time goes a long way for those who can't be there.

As we get deeper into the qualifiers maybe we'll find someone with the time (and equipment) to do some media duties for us.  Gilbert did some of this previously during the last campaign.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 11:24:29 PM »
The problem is not getting the press pass...it is finding someone who willing to do the media duties....interviews, reports, photos (opt), live updates, live commentary etc

It hard for a fan to give up sitting with your people enjoying the game to do all that stuff in a designated area.

Generally we have less problems finding people who want to do all that stuff for the away games compared to the home games probably cuz it not as often but what Touches and others contribute of their own time goes a long way for those who can't be there.

As we get deeper into the qualifiers maybe we'll find someone with the time (and equipment) to do some media duties for us. Gilbert did some of this previously during the last campaign.

true talk
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 03:21:26 AM »
Once Shaun Fuentes there no body getting nothing !!!!!

If anything Flex and Tallman deserve passes !!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 06:49:49 AM »
My thoughts on this,what we have to understand is who and what qualifies an individual as a fan,we want to be fans but don't have the time to do nothing more than pay to go and see games or watch it in the comfort of our homes,the fans you see supporting Football on TV are people that travel and support their team any where they playing,buy tickets for games a year in advance and for the whole year,you can identify them any where because they wear the colours of who they supporting,i see JP playing and there was some Jamaican supporters with Flag,it's not a Jamaican team they supporting the couple players they have on the team,the ones we does criticize,i'm yet to see a T&T Flag or shirt,same thing with any game T&T plays,our players needs us not only when win but when we lose or don't play well,i have not seen the WN Flag at games in a long while,what happen to that where the Flag gone? 

We can't blame Shaun Fuentes for anything because he is not there to serve one set of people,we have fans all over the country,we might want to call them waggonist but they are fans and needs the same treatment like everyone else,they don't complain about the price of tickets for games.Any how ah going and see what's going on outside Hanna in my backyard as we speak.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:01:05 AM by Coop's »

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 06:57:40 AM »
My thoughts on this,what we have to understand is who and what qualifies an individual as a fan,we want to be fans but don't have the time to do nothing more than pay to go and see games or watch it in the comfort of our homes,the fans you see supporting Football on TV are people that travel and support their team any where they playing,buy tickets for games a year in advance and for the whole year,you can identify them any where because they wear the colours of who they supporting,i see JP playing and there was some Jamaican supporters with Flag,it's not a Jamaican team they supporting the couple players they have on the team,the ones we does criticize,i'm yet to see a T&T Flag or shirt,same thing with any game T&T plays,our players needs us not only when win but when we lose or don't play well,i have not seen the WN Flag at games in a long while,what happen to that where the Fag flag gone? 
We can't blame Shaun Fuentes for anything because he is not there to serve one set of people,we have fans all over the country,we might want to call them waggonist but they are fans and needs the same treatment like everyone else,they don't complain about the price of tickets for games.Any how ah going and see what's going on outside Hanna in my backyard as we speak.

Coops, the flag was in the England game, it was enormous in comparison to the onfield one used for our team to walkout, lol.

It was also wrongly identified in the papers as the Powder Posse Flag, and suggestions were made that we need to put WN/socawarriors.net on it prominently.

But other problems remain, ask spidebuff and them who were trying to get it up and the cuss and carry on with other trini 'fans' who didn't want it over them, didn't want their view blocked, etc.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »
My thoughts on this,what we have to understand is who and what qualifies an individual as a fan,we want to be fans but don't have the time to do nothing more than pay to go and see games or watch it in the comfort of our homes,the fans you see supporting Football on TV are people that travel and support their team any where they playing,buy tickets for games a year in advance and for the whole year,you can identify them any where because they wear the colours of who they supporting,i see JP playing and there was some Jamaican supporters with Flag,it's not a Jamaican team they supporting the couple players they have on the team,the ones we does criticize,i'm yet to see a T&T Flag or shirt,same thing with any game T&T plays,our players needs us not only when win but when we lose or don't play well,i have not seen the WN Flag at games in a long while,what happen to that where the Fag flag gone? 

Coops, the flag was in the England game, it was enormous in comparison to the onfield one used for our team to walkout, lol.

It was also wrongly identified in the papers as the Powder Posse Flag, and suggestions were made that we need to put WN/socawarriors.net on it prominently.

But other problems remain, ask spidebuff and them who were trying to get it up and the cuss and carry on with other trini 'fans' who didn't want it over them, didn't want their view blocked, etc.

This was de flag at de England game

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 07:43:51 AM »
What i'm saying is guys,this Flag should be at all games,the U17 Boys/Girls played,we played Cuba,Bermuda,we played friendlies those spanish had mucho Flags,it had about six Jamaican with a Flag at JP game,i'm talking about fans/support.What i observe we are the best supporters when we are winning,is just that we can't handle or knows how to deal with loseing.Don't get me wrong it's not just us,other countries have their problems with it,some resort to violence etc etc   

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 07:48:06 AM »

I hear ya coops, it really does have more flags at the soca monarch final that at a sold out WC qualifier

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 07:49:30 AM »
This was de flag at de England game

Buh wait nah, I now realise it had people standing up in the Jean Pierre Complex looking onto the HCS. I wonder if the TTFF take their money as well for a 'birdseye' view ticket  ::)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:39:47 PM by Tallman »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »

allyuh look the WN flag down by de corner flag today
good thing the stadium ent sellout and them fellas ent have to deal with blocking people views  ::)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 09:12:25 AM »
D flag was present and since d waggonist stay home we could have placed it in d stand
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 11:58:12 AM »
My thoughts on this,what we have to understand is who and what qualifies an individual as a fan,we want to be fans but don't have the time to do nothing more than pay to go and see games or watch it in the comfort of our homes,the fans you see supporting Football on TV are people that travel and support their team any where they playing,buy tickets for games a year in advance and for the whole year,you can identify them any where because they wear the colours of who they supporting,i see JP playing and there was some Jamaican supporters with Flag,it's not a Jamaican team they supporting the couple players they have on the team,the ones we does criticize,i'm yet to see a T&T Flag or shirt,same thing with any game T&T plays,our players needs us not only when win but when we lose or don't play well,i have not seen the WN Flag at games in a long while,what happen to that where the Flag gone? 

You seriously trying to say that you watched that Joe Public game and didn't see a flag in the stands??  You might need to call yuh cable operator and find out if they really show yuh de right match.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »

allyuh look the WN flag down by de corner flag today
good thing the stadium ent sellout and them fellas ent have to deal with blocking people views  ::)

De flag at de Guatemala game

National Pride: A Trinidad and Tobago flag is unfurled in a show of national pride and support for the local team at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday.
(2008-09-07)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:04:50 PM by Tallman »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 04:47:41 PM »
De WN flag save Jack from embarrassment for that England game.....it was not possible to bring it out for the Bermuda game, that was at Marvin Lee....de flag bigger than the stands there...lol...
And mih eh know of that many WN members who went Cuba to tote it and unfurl it....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
We eh want touches to take out pictures lol  ,just get alyah boy Shawn to the site  with Press passes ,with one going to touches.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 08:42:08 PM »
What i'm saying is guys,this Flag should be at all games,the U17 Boys/Girls

Last couple of months all the games were in Marvin Lee and I cah figure which stand that cud fit.
I want to see what the flag had look like in the empty seats cuz if it look ok then it cud go to the smaller volume games there but is really come to life when the crowd under it.  Otherwise the sie of the flag cud end up making the turnout look even smaller.
It only came out twice with the crowd in this game.....before the game actually start but first time was good.  Anil Roberts say look the biggest national flag in Trinidad and Tobago.
Afterwards one man say this was the first time he was under the flag and he felt like he was in a sea of red and he would never forget it.....the beers had him reminiscing lil bit   :rotfl:   And that blasted goal had real people replaying the tragedy in disbelief....that fireworks just rub plenty salt in.

Somebody suggested a face book page for "The Big Flag".  A Big Flag crew....I feel that go draw numbers if anybody here does be on dat macco site.  :devil:

It have real people thirsty for the flag to come out...is just to get enough of them in the same area so it cud come out more....during the game would be nice.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
We need 2 organize we self right d stadium manager so we could get in witout any hassle and c bout puttin aside 2 rows of seat. Nutten ventured nutten gained

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »
What i'm saying is guys,this Flag should be at all games,the U17 Boys/Girls

Last couple of months all the games were in Marvin Lee and I cah figure which stand that cud fit.
I want to see what the flag had look like in the empty seats cuz if it look ok then it cud go to the smaller volume games there but is really come to life when the crowd under it.  Otherwise the sie of the flag cud end up making the turnout look even smaller.
It only came out twice with the crowd in this game.....before the game actually start but first time was good.  Anil Roberts say look the biggest national flag in Trinidad and Tobago.
Afterwards one man say this was the first time he was under the flag and he felt like he was in a sea of red and he would never forget it.....the beers had him reminiscing lil bit   :rotfl:   And that blasted goal had real people replaying the tragedy in disbelief....that fireworks just rub plenty salt in.

Somebody suggested a face book page for "The Big Flag".  A Big Flag crew....I feel that go draw numbers if anybody here does be on dat macco site.  :devil:

It have real people thirsty for the flag to come out...is just to get enough of them in the same area so it cud come out more....during the game would be nice.

Not a bad idea at all...

1]; } ?>