April 25, 2024, 03:58:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).  (Read 65227 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:52:40 AM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2010 FIFA World Cup Qualifying game vs Guatemala (September 06th) at the Hasley Crawford Stadium will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Possible Live Internet Links.

I95.5fm

TV Viewing.

To be updated.

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (W Connection), Jan Michael Williams (Ferencvárosi TC)

Defenders
Makan Hislop (United Petrotrin), Avery John (Miami F.C.), Dennis Lawrence (Swansea City), Cyd Gray (Clico San Juan Jabloteh), Julius James (Toronto F.C.), Keyeno Thomas (Joe Public F.C.), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force), Osei Telesford (Puerto Rico Islanders).

Midfielders
Carlos Edwards (Sunderland AFC), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Dwight Yorke (Sunderland AFC), Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Khaleem Hyland (Unattached), Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public F.C), Akeil Guevera (North East Stars).

Forwards
Andre Toussaint (W Connection), Jason Scotland (Swansea City), Cornell Glen (Unattached).

Guatemala Squad:

Goalkeepers
Luis Molina (Jalapa), Ricardo Trigueño (Petapa).

Defenders
Gustavo Cabrera (AZ, Dinamarca), Luis Rodríguez (Xelajú MC), Yoni Flores (Marquense), Carlos Gallardo (Cremas), Carlos Castrillo (Cremas), Cristian Noriega (CSD Municipal), Jaime Vides (CSD Municipal).

Midfielders
Fredy Thompson (CSD Municipal), Guillermo Ramírez (CSD Municipal), José Contreras (Arsenal de Sarandí), Fredy García (CSD Municipal), Mynor Morales (Xelajú MC), Jean Márquez (Jalapa), Gonzalo Romero (CSD Municipal), Abner Trigueros (Cremas).

Forwards
Mario Rodríguez (CSD Municipal), Carlos Ruiz (Toronto FC), Marco Pappa (Chicago Fire), Johnny Brown (Heredia).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:18:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
11 WEEKS IN ADVANCE.

By the time this game is finished , this thread will be about 20-40 odd pages.

Who the hell that come after go want to go throght that??

If you want to have a thread SO LONG in advance, couldn't we at least start the final thread such as this a month in advance? You guys have to remember that unlike theold board where you could see post titles and disern where to read, here you have to scroll down every fu&^%^ page and scan each post.

You can't appreciate a thread like that if you have to do so much work.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:45:09 PM »
Ent the next game is the 20th August against Cuba?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »
11 WEEKS IN ADVANCE.

By the time this game is finished , this thread will be about 20-40 odd pages.

Who the hell that come after go want to go throght that??

If you want to have a thread SO LONG in advance, couldn't we at least start the final thread such as this a month in advance? You guys have to remember that unlike theold board where you could see post titles and disern where to read, here you have to scroll down every fu&^%^ page and scan each post.

You can't appreciate a thread like that if you have to do so much work.

VB
There should be a way to list threads as RSS feeds. I know the forum as a whole has an RSS feed, but don't know about individual threads - that way it would be easier to list by title and date of post.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »

there is a thread for that as well
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »

there is a thread for that as well

Didnt when i posted. But thanks.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 10:33:52 PM »
Me eh c dat thread 4 d Cuba game
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »
I wont mind having this one game in giants stadium

1. Im here in NY so i can finally see the squad live
2. It will prepare the guys to play the US in the cold on US soil

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
Ruiz chasing historic farewell.

For years now, the name Carlos Ruiz has been synonymous with the Guatemalan national team. Widely known by the nickname El Pescadito (The Little Fish), Ruiz's goal-laden performances in USA's Major League Soccer have made him an inspiration for millions of his fellow countrymen and a genuine star on the CONCACAF scene.

Now 28, the lethal striker is facing the greatest challenge of his career thus far: spearheading Guatemala's bid for a place at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. And though determined not to get carried away, the Chapín fans' favourite was in confident mood when speaking about this and a range of other issues with FIFA.com.

Ready for action

"We're in really good shape, we're ready and our minds are totally focused on the start of qualifying, especially after what happened four years ago," says Ruiz, whose team welcome the USA to Guatemala City on 20 August for their opening Group 1 encounter. "We were just one game away from finishing in fourth place [in the North, Central America and Caribbean Zone] and that would have earned us a play-off place."

Indeed, in the six-team final qualifying round for Germany 2006, Ruiz and Co finished just two points shy of fourth spot and a play-off against an Asian Zone representative. A 3-2 away defeat to Trinidad and Tobago in the final run-in had proved decisive, however, and the Chapines could only look on as the Soca Warriors edged past Bahrain to take their place in Germany.

"It was the first time that a Guatemalan national team had still been in with a chance of making the finals going into the final game, and that was a big achievement in itself," says the LA Galaxy hitman. "Of course, missing out was hard to swallow, but we'd never been in that situation before. So now we intend to use that experience to take a definitive step forward."

And the experienced striker believes the Guatamalans have all the ingredients to do just that. "We've got good young players, who are important to us and have a lot of quality," he says. "On top of that, we've got the same coaching staff in place, one that knows the regional game well. We're also much more experienced, which contrasts with what happened to us in the last qualifying campaign."

Nevertheless, El Pescadito is fully aware of the difficulty of the task ahead, after Guatemala were grouped together with T&T and regional powerhouses the USA. "As we've said, Guatemala aren't the favourites and so we'll have to play every game as if it were a final. Our first game is against the United States and that will set the standard for the rest of the qualifiers."

Varied attacking threat

As far as Ruiz is concerned, this Guatemala squad's biggest strength is its versatility. "We've got players who are technically gifted, others who are quick and others who are physically strong. The way we play will depend on the players out on the pitch and which opponents we're facing," explains the former FC Dallas front-runner. "We've always been a very skilful side, now we have to find something extra in order to be more effective."

With that in mind, Ruiz believes Guatemala are lacking in one vital ingredient: experience abroad. "Definitely, because the standard of the Guatemalan league is below that of international level, and when you play for the national team you notice the difference," says the veteran of six years in the MLS.

"This competition must be treated like a shop window, like it was in my case. I made my national team debut, scored several goals and that opened the doors for a move abroad."

And how has he changed after so long away from his homeland? "I'm more mature, I see football in a different light. Being outside Guatemala makes you develop a much stronger personality and be more professional."

Given his success Stateside, does he see European football as the logical next step? "I've got a comfortable life in the United States and at my age that's very important. I'd only consider offers that were on a par with my current situation, and they haven't materialised as yet."

One thing he is clear upon is that he will not be leading the line for his country for much longer. "I don't think I'll keep playing for the national team once this qualifying campaign is over. What I'm aiming to do is to make the fans' dream a reality," he says with conviction. "I'm hoping this is the opportunity that we've all been waiting for to qualify [for the FIFA World Cup finals] and that way I can bow out having made history."

His short-term objectives thus laid out, what does the cool-headed goal-getter plan to do when he eventually brings his club career to an end? "I've been thinking about those things more, and I want to stay in the United States because it's better for my family," says Ruiz, who currently shares a dressing room with fellow Galaxy stars David Beckham and Landon Donovan.

"And while I don't see myself as a coach, I would like to work with young players and pass on my experience, perhaps because when I was in Guatemala I had nobody to guide me and had to learn everything for myself."

FIFA.COM
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 05:13:39 AM »
Refresh mih memory folks....The Guatemala game is a home or away game??

.....also ah remember a friend of mine commenting that Guatemala goh be gunning for we this rounds to in an effort to get their revenge for last time....so while dem gunning for we, we was gunning for we self, thanks Jack....

That said, GO WARRIORS!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 08:55:21 AM »
HOME. Dey still vexbout d 2 bullet Jamerson lego on dem in 89 now dey want 2 dead after 06
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »

It's both at the same time

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »

;D ;D
Arrow, is so man :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »
D game at d HCS

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:25 AM »
OK we did the business away from home now this match is a must win...if we win our 3 home matches we should be safely through to the Hex on 12 points.
By the time USA comes to play us in October they may have already qualified so we should have a chance to beat them at home like we did vs Mexico a couple times.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 05:28:31 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah only now see this Arrow....the issue not relevant any more but it funny as hell...good one ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 05:31:40 AM »
This game is of paramount importance. Lets face it. We are in a battle for the second spot with Guatemala. This game isnt jus about 3 pts, the goal difference factor is very big too. God's willing ah go have to be in d stadium 4 that one.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:53 AM »
I WILL BE DEY!!!....barring any unforseen circumstances.....I just had a thought though....I kinda hoping they play at least 1 home game in Tobago.

It easy for me to just go Hasley or South or where ever now that ah in Trinidad, but when yuh over in Tobago and want to go the game yuh can't especially if is mid-week cuz yuh have to study flight/ferry, place to stay, how yuh reaching back in time for work next morning etc. etc.

hhhhhmmmm.... :thinking:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 05:43:44 AM »
I WILL BE DEY!!!....barring any unforseen circumstances.....I just had a thought though....I kinda hoping they play at least 1 home game in Tobago.

It easy for me to just go Hasley or South or where ever now that ah in Trinidad, but when yuh over in Tobago and want to go the game yuh can't especially if is mid-week cuz yuh have to study flight/ferry, place to stay, how yuh reaching back in time for work next morning etc. etc.

hhhhhmmmm.... :thinking:

Amen sista. cause depending on the time of the game i may not be able to make it
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 06:07:18 AM »
well, it's a Saturday, so we can expect a good crowd ... here come the waggonists ;D

anyhoo, price of tickets, people?...you know we have to budget nowadays ::)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »
Well my follow Trinibagoian.... this game is BIG like the other has said...blazing gun they will be coming with blood in dey eye and T&T have to expect that....we will be facing the same Guat team from that last qualifying match we won....same guys and coaching staff so i hope the T&T staff know that...but the bottom line we have to win this game to really set the tone

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
Well my follow Trinibagoian.... this game is BIG like the other has said...blazing gun they will be coming with blood in dey eye and T&T have to expect that....we will be facing the same Guat team from that last qualifying match we won....same guys and coaching staff so i hope the T&T staff know that...but the bottom line we have to win this game to really set the tone

That team have to play like every game is thee last.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:31 PM »
we winning 2-0, maybe 1-0 for the worse... :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »
well, it's a Saturday, so we can expect a good crowd ... here come the waggonists ;D

anyhoo, price of tickets, people?...you know we have to budget nowadays ::)

True. I hope the less the ticket price so it will be over sell out and put some temporary seat/stand on the track.  The track is a waste of space.  the fans should be close to the field like them UK stadium for crowd intimidation of opponents.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »
 :rotfl: now I know you're kidding..seats on the track???
you forget about security or what?
and to besides, if we damage the track for a football match Undle Gary not lending us it again... ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 09:51:43 AM »
Lawrence, Hislop and Avery carrying yellows and Hyland suspended for the GUA game. Time to look for some options in defence, may I recomend Julius James and Brent Sancho just incase. Whitley will take Hyland's place and maybe Andrei Pacheco, Glenton Wolfe or Nigel Daniel to be groomed for left back.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:53:15 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »
tickets - coming soon - the link says none available at the moment

http://shop.ttffonline.com/

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:02:40 PM by E-man »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »
Lawrence, Hislop and Avery carrying yellows and Hyland suspended for the GUA game. Time to look for some options in defence, may I recomend Julius James and Brent Sancho just incase. Whitley will take Hyland's place and maybe Andrei Pacheco, Glenton Wolfe or Nigel Daniel to be groomed for left back.
I doubt they go bring Julius now but I feel he should be a part of our squad for the qualifiers.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »
Guatemala played a physical game against the U.S and they will be playing even more physical on Sept 6th cause they need points..T&T geetting ruffed up all year..jamaica was more physical when we played them at home and we get ruff him in Cuba..not saying we need to go Kung FU on them but we moust also play the physical game on Sep 6th.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »
could someone tell me if the famous three from sunderland coming back for the match again Guatemala......we have to be very physical again the guat....no space for them to move and we have to outhustled them.........

1]; } ?>