April 19, 2024, 09:25:10 PM

Author Topic: St. Anthony's Freekick  (Read 3395 times)

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
St. Anthony's Freekick
« on: September 06, 2008, 11:18:15 AM »
St. Anthony's College scored what appeared to be a perfectly legitimate goal (which was allowed) by Qian Grovsnor. There are some who are insisting that the goal should not have been allowed because he "passed" the ball to himself.
This was a direct freekick...so to the best of my knowledge the referee was perfectly correct in allowing the goal....just to be clear what is the exact ruling pertaining to this specific situation?

http://schoolsoccernet.com/Multimedia/VideoManagement/VideoPlayer/TabId/113/VideoId/57/St-Anthonys-Goal-Qian-Grovsnor.aspx

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: St. Anthony's Freekick
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »
dah was rhel clever
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »
that is no goal!

how the ref let that stand?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:26:42 AM »
Nice Goal ;D

BUT as I read the rule he cant touch the ball a second time until it has been touched by another player
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:31:26 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »
Dais grovie son..or his nephew?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
ref must have thought the other fella took a touch.

to me it looked like the guy passed the ball to himself which is not legit. Should not be a goal from what I could see.

what next. man go try to walk the ball in the goal from de penalty spot?

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
that is no goal!

Well this is what I am trying to clarify. For a DIRECT freekick isn't the ball active after it is touched (shoot, pass)? Which means that the same play can touch the ball again if necessary?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
that is no goal!

Well this is what I am trying to clarify. For a DIRECT freekick isn't the ball active after it is touched (shoot, pass)? Which means that the same play can touch the ball again if necessary?

for a direct free kick or indirect free kick the player cannot touch the ball again after passing it off. That constitutes a pass to himself.

That free kick looked like it was an indirect, because if in fact it was a direct free kick and the other player touched it to grovesnor it would be illegal as well..

so if that was really a DIRECT free kick it wrong on many counts.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »
St. Anthony's College scored what appeared to be a perfectly legitimate goal (which was allowed) by Qian Grovsnor. There are some who are insisting that the goal should not have been allowed because he "passed" the ball to himself.
This was a direct freekick...so to the best of my knowledge the referee was perfectly correct in allowing the goal....just to be clear what is the exact ruling pertaining to this specific situation?

http://schoolsoccernet.com/Multimedia/VideoManagement/VideoPlayer/TabId/113/VideoId/57/St-Anthonys-Goal-Qian-Grovsnor.aspx

THAT IS MADNESS RIGHT DEY

Referee clearly ent know de rules
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »

That free kick looked like it was an indirect, because if in fact it was a direct free kick and the other player touched it to grovesnor it would be illegal as well..

huh? Explain that.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »

huh? Explain that.

just re-read what i type and think i make a mistake..

was referring to the rule that you can take a direct shot from an indirect free kick, and then was applying the rule in reverse to a direct free kick.

my bad.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »
Absolutely NO GOAL!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »

huh? Explain that.

just re-read what i type and think i make a mistake..

was referring to the rule that you can take a direct shot from an indirect free kick, and then was applying the rule in reverse to a direct free kick.

my bad.

no scene... I thought I was misunderstanding you- for the all the years I've played football, every once in a while I learn something new in terms of the laws of the game so I was actually being sincere in asking for the explanation.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline stillmatic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »
That goal isn't good.....A player can't pass to himself for indirect or direct freekicks.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »

He look like Grovie, fro an all  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vapotrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
ref must have thought the other fella took a touch.

to me it looked like the guy passed the ball to himself which is not legit. Should not be a goal from what I could see.

what next. man go try to walk the ball in the goal from de penalty spot?

:rotfl:

I can't believe the ref allowed that to stand.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »
The goal should not have been given. As a matter of fact, St. Mary's should have been awarded an indirect free-kick.

Free Kick Outside the Penalty Area
• all opponents must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play
• the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves
• the free kick is taken from the place where the infringement occurred or from the position of the ball when the infringement occurred (according to the infringement)

Free kick taken by a player other than the goalkeeper
If, after the ball is in play, the kicker touches the ball again (except with his hands) before it has touched another player:
• an indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred (see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

If, after the ball is in play, the kicker deliberately handles the ball before it has touched another player:
• a direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred (see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

• a penalty kick is awarded if the infringement occurred inside the kicker’s penalty area
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »
The goal should not have been given. As a matter of fact, St. Mary's should have been awarded an indirect free-kick.

• all opponents must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play
• the free kick is taken from the place where the infringement occurred or from the position of the ball when the infringement occurred (according to the infringement)

If, after the ball is in play, the kicker touches the ball again (except with his hands) before it has touched another player:
• an indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred (see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

If, after the ball is in play, the kicker deliberately handles the ball before it has touched another player:
• a direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team, the kick to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred (see Law 13 – Position of Free Kick)

• a penalty kick is awarded if the infringement occurred inside the kicker’s penalty area
in an indirect freekick..doesn't the ball have to move a full rotation?..not just touched or stood up on?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 05:12:03 PM »

in an indirect freekick..doesn't the ball have to move a full rotation?..not just touched or stood up on?
       The ball does not have to move a full rotation any more,that rule was updated some years now.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

Dahs he son....used to go CIC.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »
It would have been good to see where the referee was standing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »

The ball does not have to move a full rotation any more,that rule was updated some years now.

The 'second touch' terminology was recently updated to read 'touch again'. It also applies on corner kick, goal kick, throw in.

1]; } ?>