April 25, 2024, 11:57:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).  (Read 65219 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (06-Sept-2008).
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 08:08:27 PM »
Bring Back Stern To Rest the Hurt on them.

Experience is needed.

I will not go into this game confident unless #14 and WHitley #9 is on the field.

We need these two players.

As for the yellow cards, let them men play hard. If they collect one and have to miss the USA game away dais no scene.

We ent looking to win dat. Is Guatemala and Cuba hadda get licks.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 12:22:15 PM »
could someone tell me if the famous three from sunderland coming back for the match again Guatemala......we have to be very physical again the guat....no space for them to move and we have to outhustled them.........

sorry to tell you, but the famous 3. aint happening..... what rock u crawl out from. dont u know that Jones injured and yorkie injured too... we go be lucky if we get carlos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
anyone noticed this from the TnT vz Cuba match ???
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
something bother me in de build up to de cuba match...i eh know if some of allyuh pick it up...
In all the reading, i notice 2 or 3 quotes from Jack Warner son...

one was about the hurricane weather and the next one was something else..

.my mind was on the match and tnt getting a win etc...but why is Warner's son being quoted in TTFF press releases ??.. it had no one else to ask for a quote ??...wham to Muhammad the manager ???

doh tell me this a grooming of young Warner to take over the football ...

let me know who joining my TNT Fotball Revoloution... ( coming soon to a cinema near you ) because hear what....this is our sport and our team...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »
this game will be a cracker

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: anyone noticed this from the TnT vz Cuba match ???
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
If so, there must be something more in de mortar than de pestle fuh sure! :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 07:13:24 PM »

i cah take that stress that they put we through the last game, when we win in the last minutes  :D, that game was sweet 3:2 ,man throw bear all over the place  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
Iman lookin fwd to this game more than most...leave home 7 yrs now...eh visit in 3 1/2...but goin nex week and kinda time my trip to b there for this. Use to go all games when is like 25 men in d stand rather than 25000. Support d team no matter what so can't wait to c wha d vibe is like in 2008 rather than mih young days like 98 or whaeva. Whoeva go b dey hail mih let we take ah drink and make some noise...bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »
something bother me in de build up to de cuba match...i eh know if some of allyuh pick it up...
In all the reading, i notice 2 or 3 quotes from Jack Warner son...

one was about the hurricane weather and the next one was something else..

.my mind was on the match and tnt getting a win etc...but why is Warner's son being quoted in TTFF press releases ??.. it had no one else to ask for a quote ??...wham to Muhammad the manager ???

doh tell me this a grooming of young Warner to take over the football ...

let me know who joining my TNT Fotball Revoloution... ( coming soon to a cinema near you ) because hear what....this is our sport and our team...

I'm know big fan of Mr.Warner or his son...but i keep telling myself...who is going to take over or....who is going to step up to the plate...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »
 fellas Warner position is special advisor..so what position can his son step up to..?...but then again Camps will appoint warner son as special advisor once Jack tell him to do it lol...
Why we have a special advisor anyway..this is kicks yes :D

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »
how old is  Camps now.  as soon as he drop dead Warner putting he son as TTFF president on a fishy election.  I doh down understand how dem people in Chaguanas West vote Warner into parliament

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 05:48:52 AM »
Two words..... Succession Planning.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »
could someone tell me if the famous three from sunderland coming back for the match again Guatemala......we have to be very physical again the guat....no space for them to move and we have to outhustled them.........

And here is a true WAGGONIST question
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »
allyuh this is serious....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »
As long as we have a TTFF without a clue, this will be the norm.

What I cah understand is how we cah find a man with money who like ftbl. And let him take over from Jack. He might actually let the football men run football.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 08:07:09 AM »
we eh need no man with no money...this is not a club....ttff have money...all the time...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »

And here is a true WAGGONIST question

Najee posting on these internet boards longer than 99% of allyuh.

His awareness of what actually going on is another thing tho  ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »
As long as we have a TTFF without a clue, this will be the norm.

What I cah understand is how we cah find a man with money who like ftbl. And let him take over from Jack. He might actually let the football men run football.

VB

what dat mean?..this aint no club..am sure if Warner did not exist private assistance would have been more than what it is now..most private companies doh want to do business with warner...doh need no man with money...need more private assistance to do business with the TTFF..but then again not many businesses want to deal with Camps either...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 05:12:26 PM by Sando prince »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 01:00:14 PM »

i cah take that stress that they put we through the last game, when we win in the last minutes  :D, that game was sweet 3:2 ,man throw bear all over the place  :rotfl:

i remember da game like is yesterday. real bachanal in d stadiuim. lose meh phone form jumpin on d fence. nearly lose meh eye when a collect a beer can in meh face.
best warrioirs game ah ever see.
bless!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

i remember da game like is yesterday. real bachanal in d stadiuim. lose meh phone form jumpin on d fence. nearly lose meh eye when a collect a beer can in meh face.
bless!

true dat  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »

bless!

Dat game revived the team, and made the rest of T&T take notice, especially all dem Waggonist! After dat everybody was a die hard fan....
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »
Dem Guat game since d dayz of d SQ always drama d drama man eh deh again Latas plus d man who added 2 d drama last time waitin on a text 2 c what ah goin on
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »
      This will be a very intense game and I hope and pray our defense holds up strong. They will definitely be gunning for us since we virtually knocked them out of 4th place. Remember they beat us 5-1 in Guatemala with Edwards scoring the only 1 for us. And we catch we tail to miraculously beat them 3-2 and that was with our best team and our great Latapy and his magic. In that game we were losing 1-0 and then 2-1 before winning. And the 2 goals we conceeded to them were real soft goals they running through the middle and making Marvin Andrews look slow...

I do hope we can beat them for once and for all!!

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T back on the rise
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 06:05:20 AM »
T&T back on the rise
(FIFA.com) Thursday 28 August 2008

Trinidad and Tobago are back on track after coming perilously close to tumbling out of qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. Losing the first leg of their pre-qualifying series to Bermuda on home soil, the Germany 2006 finalists were forced to contemplate a disastrous early exit.

However, goals from Darryl Roberts and Stern John in Prospect saw the Soca Warriors steady their ship and limp into the first group stage of qualifying from North, Central America and the Caribbean. A 3-1 win over Cuba in their first Group game now has the Caribbean side edging the USA for top spot on goal difference, while spurring a jump of ten places up the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

Moving from 102nd to 92nd this month, the island side are finding a foothold even with their fair share of recent hardship. New coach Francisco ‘Pacho' Maturana, who took over from former boss Leo Beenhakker in February, has had to make do without the services of Sunderland ace Kenwyne Jones, who injured knee ligaments in a June friendly loss to England.

The Colombian boss has also been without Jones' Sunderland teammate and T&T's greatest-ever player, Dwight Yorke. After he fractured his cheekbone, the former Manchester United man's July pledge to return from international retirement and help the team in their qualifiers has proven a tough one to keep.

One of the men who has stepped into the void left by the dual injury blow is Keon Daniel, two-goal hero of T&T's recent 3-1 win over the Cubans in Havana. "We really wanted those three points against Cuba," said the United Petrotrin man and former U-20 international, recently linked with a move to England. "Now we just need to take heart from the progress we showed in that game and keep moving forward."

Guatemala test
Their next test will come against Guatemala in Port of Spain on 6 September. The Chapines are eight places behind T&T in the global standings (two behind them in the CONCACAF zone), and smarting from a slim 1-0 loss to the USA in their first group-stage qualifier.

Although the Central Americans will be out for blood against the Caribbean hopefuls, Cornell Glen - who also scored against the Cubans - is keen for the side to keep up the progress.

"The win over Cuba is the perfect start for us as we look ahead to our games with Guatemala and then the USA," the San Juan Jabloteh forward said. "Getting points on the road in our opener is a terrific boon for our confidence and we will just need to keep it up."

With sturdy recent performances in defence from Dennis Lawrence, Avery John and Clyde Leon, the Soca Warriors are firing on all cylinders even without their key injured pair. Maturana is hoping they can ride their current upswing in form further up the world ranking, and all the way to a second straight world finals in South Africa in 2010.
Add your comment
Rating: 4.0

* User comments »

Francisco Maturana will prove he is the chosen one for the T&T squad. We are finally playing a new brand of football and taking advantage of opportunities.
Posted by Eddoes, Trinidad and Tobago on 28/08/2008 at 07:53
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T back on the rise
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 06:07:09 AM »
Maturana take over from Beenie?..heheh...how Wim still getting salt so ;D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 06:23:52 AM »
T&T playing a new brand of Football. Would some one enlighten me, Please?

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:11 AM »
yeah, new football- 8 men in defence and
1 man like the 'cheese standing alone'  ::)
waiting to score
the goalkeeper just has to get better and better, yes? ???

TrinInfinite

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2008, 06:58:59 AM »
yeah, new football- 8 men in defence and
1 man like the 'cheese standing alone' ::)
waiting to score
the goalkeeper just has to get better and better, yes? ???

i see your optimism is shining through this morning girl ;D as long as leon in the back and they put thomas instead of makan, we will be good, only one problem exists we dont have a creative mid, all of them playing pro league and can get a bligh, once we have hardest, guerra or a dwarika in the middle, the whole game changes...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2008, 07:08:48 AM »

bless!

Dat game revived the team, and made the rest of T&T take notice, especially all dem Waggonist! After dat everybody was a die hard fan....

Steups...I missed this game.   My cousin decide to get married dat same day. I was part of the bridal party and ah miss de whole ceremony!!!  :o :(.....ah get stuck in traffic around de Hasley Crawford....and ah think mih cousin still vex wid mih up to this day....although he never voice it.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SQUAD NAME V GUATEMALA
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
D man on I95 eh give d entire team but Julias, Yorke, Carlos and Scotland d foreign base who eh get call 4 d Cuba game. I will listen 2 d news 2 get d entire squad
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SQUAD NAME V GUATEMALA
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »
T&T 22-man squad

1.Marvin Phillips - W. Connection
2.Jan Michael Williams – Ferencvaros
3.Makan Hislop - United Petrotrin
4.Avery John - Miami F.C.
5.Dennis Lawrence – Swansea City FC
6.Cyd Gray – Clico San Juan Jabloteh
7. Julius James - Toronto F.C.
8.Keyeno Thomas- Joe Public F.C.
9.Aklie Edwards- Defence Force
10.Osei Telesford – Puerto Rico Islanders
11.Carlos Edwards - Sunderland FC
12.Anthony Wolfe – North East Stars
13.Densill Theobald – Caledonia AIA
14.Dwight Yorke - Sunderland FC
15.Keon Daniel - United Petrotrin
16. Clyde Leon - W. Connection
17. Khaleem Hyland- Unattached
18. Kerry Baptiste - Joe Public FC
19. Andre Toussaint – W. Connection
20. Jason Scotland – Swansea City FC
21. Cornell Glen – Unattached
22- Akeil Guevera – North East Stars

With just over a week to go before this country’s next 2010 World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala, head coach Francisco Maturana has announced a 22-man provisional squad for the encounter at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 6.

Click for Highlights of  T&T vs Cuba

The squad will have a return of several of the members from the one which came away 3-1 winners over Cuba in Havana on August 20. There are call ups for in form Swansea City striker Jason Scotland and Toronto FC defender Julius James while Sunderland midfielder Dwight Yorke is also on the list of invited overseas professionals. Yorke made a return from injury with a 70-minute run for Sunderland’s Reserves last week. Sunderland midfielder Carlos Edwards is also in the squad.

Defence Force defender Aklie Edwards is also in the squad and will be eligible for action in the qualifiers having completed a four-match suspension for a red card offense in an Olympic qualifier against Cuba earlier this year.

Among the other home-based pros include midfielder Keon Daniel, the double scorer against Cuba as well as Densill Theobald, Anthony Wolfe, Clyde Leon and goalkeeper Marvin Phillips. Maturana has also included Khaleem Hyland in the squad. He received a red card against Cuba but is expected to be available for the clash with United States in Chicago on September 10.

“The squad remains almost the same but you know we are always looking to try for improvements. We will be working towards it because it is possible that the next two teams (Guatemala and USA) will play a different game to Cuba,” Maturana told TTF Media.

“Against Cuba I think we remained disciplined in the field and we continued a similar game from the one against El Salvador. That was a positive indication of our progress Now we will try to keep that going and prepare as best as we can for Guatemala and America,” he added. Maturana will see his players again when training resumes on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Meantime, members of the squad which completed the win over Cuba were each offered a letter of congratulations from the TTFF for their efforts in Havana.

“It is with great pleasure that I offer these short yet heartfelt words of congratulations to you and all your other team mates on your success in your first game in this the semi-final rounds of the World Cup 2010 qualifiers,” TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner wrote.

“ As I had stated to you just prior to the game, this game was especially important as the first at this stage, the most difficult phase of the tournament.  I am proud that you heeded my words and came out of the encounter with a victory, and with the highest margin of all the games played in this segment by all the teams.  This could prove to be very decisive later down the road and you are to be commended in converting most of your chances into goals, which as you can attest, are what wins matches.

The three points earned is a great first step.  There is much work to be done and therefore now is not the time for complacency.  Bask in your victory, but always keep in mind that it will not get easier.  All teams have a burning desire to get to the World Cup.  You must want it more and demonstrate this hunger for victory.  With hard work and conviction that it can be done; it will be done!!  You will always have my support and that of the T&TFF. Congratulations on this game, even as you continue to keep your eye on the main prize and do your team mates and your country proud,” Warner concluded.

Tickets for the T&T versus Guatemala clash are now available via 800fans and through online bookings at www.ttffonline.com. (Photo:Getty Images,August 28,2008)
http://ttffonline.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=588&Itemid=1

No Stern again  >:(    and where's Birchall?? they better have a great excuse for that  No Roberts as well

The 4 names that should have been there is Sancho, Birchall, Stern and Roberts    then i would have been happy...till then f**k you maturana
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:46:39 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

1]; } ?>