March 28, 2024, 04:31:34 AM

Author Topic: Clayton Ince in his element as kids learn skills  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clayton Ince in his element as kids learn skills
« on: September 06, 2008, 07:38:27 AM »
Clayton Ince in his element as kids learn skills
By Roger Clarke (Birmingham Mail)

THERE is an hedonistic element at the minor celeb end of professional football who make debauchery appear quite restrained and give the entire profession a bad name.

As Mark Anthony said of Julius Caesar “The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones;” So Clayton Ince’s soccer school in his native Trinidad has gone largely unheralded.

The Walsall keeper, 36, still harbours international hopes with Trinidad and Tobago to add to his 67 caps but accepts that the team are looking to youth to take them to 2010 and on to 2014 – but he is there if needed and as a keeper widely seen as one of the best in the division that is a solid insurance policy. Ince though, like his national association, wants to give youth a chance and has set up the soccer school in his own town to give Trinidadian youngsters the chances and opportunities he found difficult to find.

He finances the school himself, running it with volunteers with 25-30 youngsters on the books.

He takes every game and every season at a time, keeping fit and playing as long as he can. He said: “I have set up my own sports academy in Trinidad where I try to develop the youngsters.

“We are trying to get youngsters of five to 15 to develop them.

“I am funding it on my own but I am hoping to get support from the general public, companies and businessmen because we are looking at the future of youngsters.

“I am laying the foundation down and it is something that is open. Because of the funding we have 25-30 kids which is all we can afford right now but with the sponsorship we are hoping to get we will be able to go on a larger scale.

“When my career is over I will be able to go full time so I will be able to have a better input.

“I will go back and send youngsters over to the academies and have little tours and show them the things I experienced and what they can achieve. I want to develop them and give the exposure I didn’t get at that age.”

Until then Ince is happy building on what Walsall managed last season. “We just want to stamp our authority and push for a promotion at the end of the season. I try to keep my form at a high level and correct mistakes. I try to be the best keeper I can be.”

And that is all any manager can ask.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton Ince in his element as kids learn skills
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:47:34 AM »
Nice to see Ince and Stern doing something positive for the youths with their Progams!!! The two players dropped from the Natonal team for supposedly being "Disruptive Elements" eh???

WEll DONE GUYS!!!Many people TALK the talk, you guys walking the walk!!! Big Up!!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:06:31 AM »
He is only an Imps wit d team apperently
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
WATCH: Clayton Ince talks about training the next generation of goalkeepers through his Playerz Evolution Football Academy (co-founded with Kenwyne Jones and Keon Trim).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8zdS0eMTfYk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8zdS0eMTfYk</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>